CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
2k15
Three and Out
Cockygaming
Captain9Dragons
Ace Dilcock
6pack
rabid cock
TKE226
AtlantaSportsGuy
U-Dub Gamecock
Bowl Talk.... (1628)
What Phases of Our G (1371)
NO BLACKOUT!!!! Or A (1187)
Gamecocks Ranked 28t (1110)
2017 Puerto Rico Tip (1038)
**USC Women (3-0) vs (912)
BE THERE (665)
Will USC Score >2 (653)
Cocks vs Taters Bett (542)
Bentley's Footwork (364)
**USC Women (3-0) vs. Wof
NO BLACKOUT!!!! Or Any Ot
Bowl Talk....
2018 - Dax Hollifield
Cocks vs Taters Betting L
Clemson
Will USC Score >21 vs
What Phases of Our Game M
My favorite Justin King w
2 Tater Game tickets

Old 04-04-2017, 08:05 AM   #21
Ace Dilcock
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 11967
Ace Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot material
Default Re: Depressing

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanAntonioCock View Post
I think it's all of our's duty now to second guess every minute decision Chad Holbrook makes. Especially those who know little about baseball
At the risk of being assailed as one of "those who know little about baseball", I wonder how many times I will type the word "bunt" before the end of the baseball season.

I think it is all an insidious plot by Ray to help sell more season football tickets. After Holbrook drives the fans crazy with his decisions, they will be ready to switch to a new sport.
Ace Dilcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 08:16 AM   #22
WeCocky2001
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
WeCocky2001 has developed his gaff and talonsWeCocky2001 has developed his gaff and talonsWeCocky2001 has developed his gaff and talonsWeCocky2001 has developed his gaff and talonsWeCocky2001 has developed his gaff and talonsWeCocky2001 has developed his gaff and talonsWeCocky2001 has developed his gaff and talonsWeCocky2001 has developed his gaff and talonsWeCocky2001 has developed his gaff and talonsWeCocky2001 has developed his gaff and talonsWeCocky2001 has developed his gaff and talons

College baseball just aint my shit.
WeCocky2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 09:46 AM   #23
cocky0
The Slurp

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Fark of the Year Christmas Farking Contest: Christmas Farking Contest - Given for: Winning Farking Contest 
CockyCash: 9900000
cocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to cocky0

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_corpsman View Post
LOL not the girls volleyball uniforms?
Well not that there's anything wrong with that...
Old 04-04-2017, 09:47 AM   #24
CoastCocky
Banned

Female

CoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeCocky2001 View Post
It was more fun back when were dominant.

I pay attention once we get to the postseason.
CoastCocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 09:56 AM   #25
Feathers
Recruit

Male

Feathers has feathers coming inFeathers has feathers coming inFeathers has feathers coming in

Quote:
College baseball doesn't have the college atmosphere like football and basketball. No cheerleaders, no band. I will keep up with it because it's the Gamecocks but I won't follow it closely until the post season.
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 09:59 AM   #26
longhaul
4-Star

Male

longhaul is USC mascot materiallonghaul is USC mascot materiallonghaul is USC mascot materiallonghaul is USC mascot materiallonghaul is USC mascot materiallonghaul is USC mascot materiallonghaul is USC mascot materiallonghaul is USC mascot materiallonghaul is USC mascot materiallonghaul is USC mascot materiallonghaul is USC mascot material

It's Turkey season and the offshore fishing is getting ready to heat up. Time to get outdoors and take a break from the TV.
longhaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 10:15 AM   #27
cocky0
The Slurp

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Fark of the Year Christmas Farking Contest: Christmas Farking Contest - Given for: Winning Farking Contest 
CockyCash: 9900000
cocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to cocky0

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhaul View Post
It's Turkey season and the offshore fishing is getting ready to heat up. Time to get outdoors and take a break from the TV.
Where is this "outdoors" you speak of? Is it a new website? Do they have any good practice reports?
Old 04-04-2017, 11:52 AM   #28
Blackland
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 5200
Blackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot material

I hope our team does well but baseball is just too boring to watch unless it is the postseason.
Old 04-04-2017, 12:15 PM   #29
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Football Poster Nascar Contest Segment 2 Winner: Winner - Given for: Winning Nascar Segment 2 Football Poster 2005: Award given for the best football related poster - Given for: being voted the best football poster of 2005 
CockyCash: 100200
Spurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot material

As much as I'd love to be going to the practices and posting opinions and updates
of the team, I'm perfectly fine with the closed practices and the "silence" from
the camp. Reports from open practices comes down to basically Opinion and
there's always a group that sees it differently. I think way too many people put
too much stock in the practice info and stats from scrimmages and get too big
or little of an idea of players or squads.

I was reading through the Spring practice thread this morning and WOW. The
posts in there are already painting the team as "so so" in a lot of areas, and
down right BAD in others. I walked out of The Cockpit Saturday with a pretty
good feeling about the team. Where they were at that point Saturday, compared
to where they were last year when I walked out of the stadium was a definite
improvement. There's still some questionable areas that the game was not going
to Define due to the way the game is structured. Won't know that until the team
takes the field this fall for REAL if the practices are again closed in August. (my
hope is that they are). My view on it is that if people still insist on getting an idea
of what the team is going to look like based on the G&B game in the spring, they
probably don't need to put too much stock in someone's opinion or views of
practice either. The Spring game is just another practice. It's base plays run to
allow the coaches to look at certain players and how the "mesh" with the other
players at their positions. When you aren't allowed to Blitz, Stunt, Tackle a QB
or disguise coverages, then you are going to get a distorted view of the team
that plays NC State in the opener this year. I good with what I saw Saturday, and
I'm fine with not knowing anything else 'til I see the finished product on Gameday
this fall. However, if they allow practices to be opened for a few, or more, I'm there
and I'll give you my opinion on what I see.
Old 04-04-2017, 12:42 PM   #30
WeCocky2001
Banned

Male

WeCocky2001 has developed his gaff and talonsWeCocky2001 has developed his gaff and talonsWeCocky2001 has developed his gaff and talonsWeCocky2001 has developed his gaff and talonsWeCocky2001 has developed his gaff and talonsWeCocky2001 has developed his gaff and talonsWeCocky2001 has developed his gaff and talonsWeCocky2001 has developed his gaff and talonsWeCocky2001 has developed his gaff and talonsWeCocky2001 has developed his gaff and talonsWeCocky2001 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackland View Post
I hope our team does well but baseball is just too boring to watch unless it is the postseason.
Love the MLB. Nothing better than hitting up Wrigley for a game and some beers.
WeCocky2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 01:24 PM   #31
willyb's hotdogs#1
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 2700
willyb's hotdogs#1 rules the CockPitwillyb's hotdogs#1 rules the CockPitwillyb's hotdogs#1 rules the CockPitwillyb's hotdogs#1 rules the CockPitwillyb's hotdogs#1 rules the CockPitwillyb's hotdogs#1 rules the CockPitwillyb's hotdogs#1 rules the CockPitwillyb's hotdogs#1 rules the CockPitwillyb's hotdogs#1 rules the CockPitwillyb's hotdogs#1 rules the CockPitwillyb's hotdogs#1 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Love the MLB. Nothing better than hitting up Wrigley for a game and some beers.
riverdogs are fun to watch, nice stadium and easily accessible from anywhere!! but they'll ruin it by taking away thirsty thursdays or putting general admission seats in the marsh

My other qb is a Bentley
willyb's hotdogs#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 01:37 PM   #32
Wisercock
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 5500
Wisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscGRAD04 View Post
Welp...I guess its talkin' season.
I was not at all impressed with Eason. He had a couple of good games but Bentley is more polished.
Old 04-04-2017, 02:52 PM   #33
carolina_corpsman
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 10500
carolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurticus View Post
As much as I'd love to be going to the practices and posting opinions and updates
of the team, I'm perfectly fine with the closed practices and the "silence" from
the camp. Reports from open practices comes down to basically Opinion and
there's always a group that sees it differently. I think way too many people put
too much stock in the practice info and stats from scrimmages and get too big
or little of an idea of players or squads.

I was reading through the Spring practice thread this morning and WOW. The
posts in there are already painting the team as "so so" in a lot of areas, and
down right BAD in others. I walked out of The Cockpit Saturday with a pretty
good feeling about the team. Where they were at that point Saturday, compared
to where they were last year when I walked out of the stadium was a definite
improvement. There's still some questionable areas that the game was not going
to Define due to the way the game is structured. Won't know that until the team
takes the field this fall for REAL if the practices are again closed in August. (my
hope is that they are). My view on it is that if people still insist on getting an idea
of what the team is going to look like based on the G&B game in the spring, they
probably don't need to put too much stock in someone's opinion or views of
practice either. The Spring game is just another practice. It's base plays run to
allow the coaches to look at certain players and how the "mesh" with the other
players at their positions. When you aren't allowed to Blitz, Stunt, Tackle a QB
or disguise coverages, then you are going to get a distorted view of the team
that plays NC State in the opener this year. I good with what I saw Saturday, and
I'm fine with not knowing anything else 'til I see the finished product on Gameday
this fall. However, if they allow practices to be opened for a few, or more, I'm there
and I'll give you my opinion on what I see.
Are you going to (or have you) written up your thoughts on the spring game?
carolina_corpsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 04:29 PM   #34
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Football Poster Nascar Contest Segment 2 Winner: Winner - Given for: Winning Nascar Segment 2 Football Poster 2005: Award given for the best football related poster - Given for: being voted the best football poster of 2005 
CockyCash: 100200
Spurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot material

Quote:
Are you going to (or have you) written up your thoughts on the spring game?
Not a write up but I'll give you my opinion.
I was looking specifically for a couple of things. I knew going to the game that I
probably wasn't going to get a good picture of the defensive front (which I didn't). They
aren't allowed to blitz or stunt, the secondary is not allowed to disguise coverage in the
secondary and several players that we will count on saw only a couple of reps or none.
Close to the same with the offense. No Deebo Samuel, No Hayden Hurst, No A.J. Turner...

I wanted to see if all the talk about a couple of players was accurate. Right after signing
day, the local media down here had a couple of guys that were talking about Jaylin
Dickerson big time. Said his numbers and measurables in camp were impressive and the
coaches think they got a steal in this guy. I didn't really buy into that until I heard Tim
Hill (from ABC news) talk him up the next morning on 107.5. I've met Tim several times
at the Practice field. He is the Sports guy on WOLO here in Columbia. Tim knows a little
about the local sports teams around the area, and follows a lot of HS sports as well. He
was very familiar with Jaylin and said that South Carolina was going to be very happy
with this young man real quick. Mr Hill said that he felt like Dickerson would be the best
DB in this class, and maybe the best we've signed out of HS since Stephon Gilmore.
Tim said he was a kid that played a lot like Ko Simpson in HS, and had the same type
of speed, quickness and attitude toward playing the secondary.
I watched him pretty close Saturday and I was not disappointed. Jaylin is going to be a name
we'll hear a lot of this fall, and in the next few years. They guy was everywhere and always
around the ball. Got one pick, and almost had another off of a deflection. He's got some
growing up to do, but he took the majority of the reps with the first unit defense, and that
tells me that he impressed Champ a lot this winter and spring.

Also wanted to see what Ty'son Williams did in this game. Had heard Muschamp talk him up
all winter, and this spring, he was mentioned as a possible starter ! With guys like A.J. and
Rico in that squad, he must have impressed Coach Boom and Coach Bentley very well to have
them say "possible starter" this fall. IMO, he should be starting based on his work Saturday.
Don't know what kind of impression everyone else got from watching him, but to me, he
reminds me of a faster version of Marcus Lattimore. Awesome cutting ability and good eyes
for finding daylight inside and once he gets outside he can whip some DBs ass. If he's not the
starter on day one, and if he stays healthy, he'll be the starter at some point. Either way, he'll
get a lot of carries and break a lot of opponent's ankles.

Schemes were vanilla on offense and defense (as they always are) but just doing a comparison
from the spring games of the past, and the one Saturday, I really like the way the O/line looked.
They've got to work on reducing the penalties, but as for their work, I really think losing Elliott
and picking up Wolford is going to be a MAJOR upgrade for the offense. I actually saw interior
guys like Alan Knott get outside to seal the edges for the scrambling QBs and those runs by
Williams where he got outside the tackles. I actually saw those guys put some defenders on the
perimeter on their butts. I'm still smiling about that ! The past 4-5-6 years, occasionally, I'd see
one of our Tackles move over and knock someone backwards, but never have I seen since
Spurrier took the job here in 2004, our pulling Center or Guards get to the edges ahead of the
Back or QB and find a body to put on their ass. This happened a few times. Wolf has these guys
actually hitting out there instead of just running the direction and going through the motions
because by the time they get to the point of attack, or backs are already tackled and the whistle
has been blown.

Bentley looks REAL GOOD. He made a couple of mistakes early on, but overall he had an above
average game. Too many passes he threw ended up dropped by the intended target, but they
were thrown where they needed to be thrown. He made a couple of right decisions to throw
the ball away instead of holding it too long, and the passes he threw that were caught were
works of art. The one where he hit Jacob August on the post route for the TD right before the end
of the Third Quarter was damn impressive. Might be the best pass I've seen in the G&B game since
Connor Shaw was a Soph / Junior. That ball was well placed and ROPED through tight coverage and hit
August in stride. WOW

I think everyone was impressed with the game Kiel Pollard had Saturday. If Will Register is anything
near the TE everyone says he is once he comes in this fall, we are going to be overloaded with NASTY
Tight Ends to throw to. Pollard, August, Hurst, Crosby and Register (Markway ain't bad either). Our QBs
look like they enjoy finding those guys in the middle of the field and it also appears that all of those guys
(save Register of course) are comfortable going into coverage of the middle to catch passes. We should
be solid in the air attack this fall, and when Deebo returns, and if we have what we think we have in Shi
Smith, our passing game looks like it'll be fun to watch.

Still have no idea what we have on the Defensive front. Our #1 issues with this entire program last year
was not being able to generate a pass rush, or any thing close to putting heat on the QB. That has
to change and as of the end of the scrimmage Saturday, I still don't know if we have a strong rush or
not. My gut tells me we have something brewing, but the coaches wanted to keep it guarded. (that's
my gut). Eyes tell me we're still at least a year away from having the talent to do that on a consistent
basis. Eyes tell me we are still lacking fundamental tackling skills on defense all over the place. Gut tells
me that will be the D/coaches #1 priority this summer, and we'll look much better this fall than we did
in the Spring game in that area. (that's just my gut feeling).

Right now, I think we'll put a lot of points on the board on offense. ..... Question is, can we put up more
points every week than our opponents put on our defense ? I have no clue.
Old 04-04-2017, 04:47 PM   #35
carolina_corpsman
2nd Team All-American

Male

carolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurticus View Post
Not a write up but I'll give you my opinion.
I was looking specifically for a couple of things. I knew going to the game that I
probably wasn't going to get a good picture of the defensive front (which I didn't). They
aren't allowed to blitz or stunt, the secondary is not allowed to disguise coverage in the
secondary and several players that we will count on saw only a couple of reps or none.
Close to the same with the offense. No Deebo Samuel, No Hayden Hurst, No A.J. Turner...

I wanted to see if all the talk about a couple of players was accurate. Right after signing
day, the local media down here had a couple of guys that were talking about Jaylin
Dickerson big time. Said his numbers and measurables in camp were impressive and the
coaches think they got a steal in this guy. I didn't really buy into that until I heard Tim
Hill (from ABC news) talk him up the next morning on 107.5. I've met Tim several times
at the Practice field. He is the Sports guy on WOLO here in Columbia. Tim knows a little
about the local sports teams around the area, and follows a lot of HS sports as well. He
was very familiar with Jaylin and said that South Carolina was going to be very happy
with this young man real quick. Mr Hill said that he felt like Dickerson would be the best
DB in this class, and maybe the best we've signed out of HS since Stephon Gilmore.
Tim said he was a kid that played a lot like Ko Simpson in HS, and had the same type
of speed, quickness and attitude toward playing the secondary.
I watched him pretty close Saturday and I was not disappointed. Jaylin is going to be a name
we'll hear a lot of this fall, and in the next few years. They guy was everywhere and always
around the ball. Got one pick, and almost had another off of a deflection. He's got some
growing up to do, but he took the majority of the reps with the first unit defense, and that
tells me that he impressed Champ a lot this winter and spring.

Also wanted to see what Ty'son Williams did in this game. Had heard Muschamp talk him up
all winter, and this spring, he was mentioned as a possible starter ! With guys like A.J. and
Rico in that squad, he must have impressed Coach Boom and Coach Bentley very well to have
them say "possible starter" this fall. IMO, he should be starting based on his work Saturday.
Don't know what kind of impression everyone else got from watching him, but to me, he
reminds me of a faster version of Marcus Lattimore. Awesome cutting ability and good eyes
for finding daylight inside and once he gets outside he can whip some DBs ass. If he's not the
starter on day one, and if he stays healthy, he'll be the starter at some point. Either way, he'll
get a lot of carries and break a lot of opponent's ankles.

Schemes were vanilla on offense and defense (as they always are) but just doing a comparison
from the spring games of the past, and the one Saturday, I really like the way the O/line looked.
They've got to work on reducing the penalties, but as for their work, I really think losing Elliott
and picking up Wolford is going to be a MAJOR upgrade for the offense. I actually saw interior
guys like Alan Knott get outside to seal the edges for the scrambling QBs and those runs by
Williams where he got outside the tackles. I actually saw those guys put some defenders on the
perimeter on their butts. I'm still smiling about that ! The past 4-5-6 years, occasionally, I'd see
one of our Tackles move over and knock someone backwards, but never have I seen since
Spurrier took the job here in 2004, our pulling Center or Guards get to the edges ahead of the
Back or QB and find a body to put on their ass. This happened a few times. Wolf has these guys
actually hitting out there instead of just running the direction and going through the motions
because by the time they get to the point of attack, or backs are already tackled and the whistle
has been blown.

Bentley looks REAL GOOD. He made a couple of mistakes early on, but overall he had an above
average game. Too many passes he threw ended up dropped by the intended target, but they
were thrown where they needed to be thrown. He made a couple of right decisions to throw
the ball away instead of holding it too long, and the passes he threw that were caught were
works of art. The one where he hit Jacob August on the post route for the TD right before the end
of the Third Quarter was damn impressive. Might be the best pass I've seen in the G&B game since
Connor Shaw was a Soph / Junior. That ball was well placed and ROPED through tight coverage and hit
August in stride. WOW

I think everyone was impressed with the game Kiel Pollard had Saturday. If Will Register is anything
near the TE everyone says he is once he comes in this fall, we are going to be overloaded with NASTY
Tight Ends to throw to. Pollard, August, Hurst, Crosby and Register (Markway ain't bad either). Our QBs
look like they enjoy finding those guys in the middle of the field and it also appears that all of those guys
(save Register of course) are comfortable going into coverage of the middle to catch passes. We should
be solid in the air attack this fall, and when Deebo returns, and if we have what we think we have in Shi
Smith, our passing game looks like it'll be fun to watch.

Still have no idea what we have on the Defensive front. Our #1 issues with this entire program last year
was not being able to generate a pass rush, or any thing close to putting heat on the QB. That has
to change and as of the end of the scrimmage Saturday, I still don't know if we have a strong rush or
not. My gut tells me we have something brewing, but the coaches wanted to keep it guarded. (that's
my gut). Eyes tell me we're still at least a year away from having the talent to do that on a consistent
basis. Eyes tell me we are still lacking fundamental tackling skills on defense all over the place. Gut tells
me that will be the D/coaches #1 priority this summer, and we'll look much better this fall than we did
in the Spring game in that area. (that's just my gut feeling).

Right now, I think we'll put a lot of points on the board on offense. ..... Question is, can we put up more
points every week than our opponents put on our defense ? I have no clue.
Thanks! I waited all winter for a spurt report!

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
carolina_corpsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 05:32 PM   #36
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

CockyCash: 1000500
USCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to USCBatgirl21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feathers View Post
College baseball doesn't have the college atmosphere like football and basketball. No cheerleaders, no band. I will keep up with it because it's the Gamecocks but I won't follow it closely until the post season.
That's because they don't belong anywhere near a ballpark.
USCBatgirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 05:46 PM   #37
Senior Rooster
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 14513000
Senior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Thanks! I waited all winter for a spurt report!

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
Spurt Report !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
On Target!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-04-2017, 09:47 PM   #38
TwoNotch Dreams
Hot Up In The Met

Male

TwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot materialTwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot materialTwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot materialTwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot materialTwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot materialTwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot materialTwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot materialTwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot materialTwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot materialTwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot materialTwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot material

The hype and build up to football season isn't worth it these days. I'm cool with the time off. The basketball teams definitely helped with that.
TwoNotch Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 10:06 PM   #39
Three and Out
Bowl MVP

Male

Three and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot material

April and May are great months for recruiting. Lots of news and I expect we'll get at least 2-3 more commits before the Joyner announcement. Plus there are great golf and tennis tournaments for the next 2 months. Then throw in Carolina baseball, there's plenty going on. But if you're still bored from time to time, then do like I do, go back to drinking more heavily. It always gives me a mental boost.

Three and Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 11:22 PM   #40
Gamecocks0197
Two Deep

Male

Gamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot material

I enjoy baseball but I can't get into it until May when the CWS picture starts to become clear, and then of course the postseason itself.