CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Captain9Dragons
Master Bedroom
Three and Out
TRBTB
SwampFox
FurmanCock
Gamecocks0197
We Don't Use Star Ra (1770)
Lattimore vs. McFadd (1097)
6-foot Shark Swims B (521)
Gamecock Baseball In (414)
This Rifle Will Leav (315)
Looking for prayers (238)
Flo softball high sc (149)
Phil Steele (0)
2018 - Jabari Ellis
SEC Football Coaches Appr
2018 - Stephon Wynn
We Don't Use Star Ratings
Phil Steele
2018 WBB - Aquira DeCosta
Official Baseball Coachin
Lattimore vs. McFadden
Dozier Signs With the Lak
Flo softball high school

Old 04-08-2017, 12:05 PM   #1
GamecockSuperFan
Gun N' Run

Male

CockyCash: 666
GamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot material
Default Off-Season Uniform Thread

Not sure why uniform threads are a running joke here, but I just wanted to weigh in. Many of us love checking out different teams uniforms and are fans of different styles in general. If you don't care if wear pink as long as we win then just ignore this. With that said, I thought the all garnet uniforms worn in the spring game might of been the tackiest uniforms to date. I like the idea of Muschamp letting the seniors choose what they wear, but a part of me also liked the way spurrier usually handled the uniform selection.

all black is a good look, but not for every single game. No one knows what our designated home and away uniform even is now. Now that we've finally incorporated more black, I would love to see our default home uniforms as garnet helmet, black jersey, white pants. (Seen below)

(Home default uniform) this is a clean professional look similar to the way Florida aligns their colorway. Orange helmets, blue jersey, white pants. We only wore this 1 time all season and never wore garnet helmets at home last season.

(Away default uniform) same thing as home just reversed. Garnet helmet, white jersey, black pants. We didn't wear this combination a single time last season so I have to use a picture from the past to make my point. Just use your imagination to picture what these would look like with our current updated uniforms. Again the way Florida does orange helmet, white jersey, blue pants on the road. It's a clean default look.

Now that the default uniforms are out of the way, now you have a ton of combinations to go thru. For instance the alternate home uniforms would then become all black.

the alternate away uniforms would then be all white.

Then you can start switching it up from that point. As a base default and alternate uniform selection though I think we need to stick with something.

Last edited by GamecockSuperFan; 04-08-2017 at 12:28 PM..
GamecockSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 12:13 PM   #2
gamecockphan
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 102200
gamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot material
Default Re: Off-Season Uniform Thread

Cosign

It really is a nobrainer. Not sure why this hadn't already happened.
gamecockphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 12:43 PM   #3
crowcutta
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1000
crowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot material

the white helmet is the only one i like with the white jerseys ever since we changed the shoulder pad stripes. i do agree with your home combo. the black helmet under no circumstance should be worn with the white jersey, black on black except maybe experimenting black/garnet/garnet once in a blue moon.
crowcutta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 01:02 PM   #4
uscgmck
I'm Baaacck

Male

CockyCash: 100500
uscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot material

Somehow this seem amazingly like the "in-season uniform thread" but its all good. The thing about uniforms seems to me have gone against the trend of coming up with shades ad color that have not much to do with school colors. We do tend to stick with garnet-black-white that's good, right?
Old 04-08-2017, 01:15 PM   #5
carolina_corpsman
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 500
carolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot material

I can't stand the three color uniform combo. It is hideous.
carolina_corpsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 01:30 PM   #6
GamecockSuperFan
Gun N' Run

Male

GamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_corpsman View Post
I can't stand the three color uniform combo. It is hideous.
You my friend are hideous. It is classic.
Old 04-08-2017, 01:32 PM   #7
Roosterdog
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
Roosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot material

Not a big fan of those black helmets. Our best look is white helmets, black jerseys, white pants at home and all white on the road.
Roosterdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 01:33 PM   #8
GamecockSuperFan
Gun N' Run

Male

Bottom line is the all white uniforms with black helmets or garnet helmets have to go. what they wore at Clemson and Florida should never exists as a uniform combo again.

It does seem though that each and every person has their own opinion of what looks good. I just prefer something consistent as opposed to switching it up every single week.
Old 04-08-2017, 01:43 PM   #9
Master Bedroom
1st Team All-American

Male

Master Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot material

I agree with the default home/away and alternates. I too think we could get a better looking black helmet
Master Bedroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 01:57 PM   #10
GamecockSuperFan
Gun N' Run

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Bedroom View Post
I agree with the default home/away and alternates. I too think we could get a better looking black helmet
The problem with the black helmet has to do with the metallic garnet stripe and logo in my opinion. I wasn't opposed to the shiny black helmets we use to have either with holtz. Even with the white backdrop behind the logo.
Old 04-08-2017, 02:58 PM   #11
lake-cityCOCK89
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
lake-cityCOCK89 is USC mascot materiallake-cityCOCK89 is USC mascot materiallake-cityCOCK89 is USC mascot materiallake-cityCOCK89 is USC mascot materiallake-cityCOCK89 is USC mascot materiallake-cityCOCK89 is USC mascot materiallake-cityCOCK89 is USC mascot materiallake-cityCOCK89 is USC mascot materiallake-cityCOCK89 is USC mascot materiallake-cityCOCK89 is USC mascot materiallake-cityCOCK89 is USC mascot material

Love this one

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=...91764096952125

WINNING

As easy as playing a Big 10 Team.
lake-cityCOCK89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 03:23 PM   #12
Master Bedroom
1st Team All-American

Male

Master Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockSuperFan View Post
The problem with the black helmet has to do with the metallic garnet stripe and logo in my opinion. I wasn't opposed to the shiny black helmets we use to have either with holtz. Even with the white backdrop behind the logo.
I agree. All the helmets could use a little makeover imo
Master Bedroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 03:30 PM   #13
PalmettoCockZ71
4-Star

Male

PalmettoCockZ71 is developing his combPalmettoCockZ71 is developing his combPalmettoCockZ71 is developing his combPalmettoCockZ71 is developing his combPalmettoCockZ71 is developing his combPalmettoCockZ71 is developing his combPalmettoCockZ71 is developing his combPalmettoCockZ71 is developing his combPalmettoCockZ71 is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Bedroom View Post
I agree. All the helmets could use a little makeover imo
I would love to see a garnet helmet and I think the black helmet looks the best
PalmettoCockZ71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 03:48 PM   #14
carolina_corpsman
Household Name

Male

carolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot material

Quote:
You my friend are hideous. It is classic.
Who cares? Too many colors going on. I thought they were ugly.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
Old 04-08-2017, 04:57 PM   #15
Gamecock303
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 95200
Gamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot material

I wish the color would match on the garnet jerseys and helmets.
Gamecock303 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 05:07 PM   #16
GregoryHouse
Pompous Ass Hillbilly

Male

CockyCash: 53781483
GregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot material

Quote:
Not sure why uniform threads are a running joke here, but I just wanted to weigh in. Many of us love checking out different teams uniforms and are fans of different styles in general. If you don't care if wear pink as long as we win then just ignore this. With that said, I thought the all garnet uniforms worn in the spring game might of been the tackiest uniforms to date. I like the idea of Muschamp letting the seniors choose what they wear, but a part of me also liked the way spurrier usually handled the uniform selection.

all black is a good look, but not for every single game. No one knows what our designated home and away uniform even is now. Now that we've finally incorporated more black, I would love to see our default home uniforms as garnet helmet, black jersey, white pants. (Seen below)

(Home default uniform) this is a clean professional look similar to the way Florida aligns their colorway. Orange helmets, blue jersey, white pants. We only wore this 1 time all season and never wore garnet helmets at home last season.

(Away default uniform) same thing as home just reversed. Garnet helmet, white jersey, black pants. We didn't wear this combination a single time last season so I have to use a picture from the past to make my point. Just use your imagination to picture what these would look like with our current updated uniforms. Again the way Florida does orange helmet, white jersey, blue pants on the road. It's a clean default look.

Now that the default uniforms are out of the way, now you have a ton of combinations to go thru. For instance the alternate home uniforms would then become all black.

the alternate away uniforms would then be all white.

Then you can start switching it up from that point. As a base default and alternate uniform selection though I think we need to stick with something.

It is widely believed by this board that uniform thread are for women, gays, and gay women.

I stopped making them after all the complaints.

Make more threads about titties, beer, cars and other things men love.

Muschamp believes that recruiting within a five-hour radius of USC, "we can recruit good enough players to win the East every year."
GregoryHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 06:32 PM   #17
SanAntonioCock
Underestimated

Male

CockyCash: 614462087544
SanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregoryHouse View Post
It is widely believed by this board that uniform thread are for women, gays, and gay women.

I stopped making them after all the complaints.

Make more threads about titties, beer, cars and other things men love.
I don't care who starts a uniform thread, as long as they're wearing a pink tutu.

🐓🏈🐓🏈🐓🏈🐓🏈🐓
SanAntonioCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 07:32 PM   #18
TaySC
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 200
TaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot material

The garnet helmets shown in the OP pic just don't look garnet to me. Make them a true garnet and not so pinkish looking.

The black helmets were pretty cool, but I wasn't a fan of the bland matt black. At least a semi-gloss look would be a huge improvement IMHO.
TaySC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 07:34 PM   #19
carolina_corpsman
Household Name

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaySC View Post
The garnet helmets shown in the OP pic just don't look garnet to me. Make them a true garnet and not so pinkish looking.

The black helmets were pretty cool, but I wasn't a fan of the bland matt black. At least a semi-gloss look would be a huge improvement IMHO.
they did have a pepto-ish hue....

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
Old 04-08-2017, 07:59 PM   #20
cocky0
The Slurp

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Fark of the Year Christmas Farking Contest: Christmas Farking Contest - Given for: Winning Farking Contest 
CockyCash: 9900000
cocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to cocky0

I would like to take this opportunity to say that I am in favor of uniforms.