CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Blitzkrieg
kick_ball
robgusc76
MountainCock
Spur's Addiction
Captain9Dragons
Master Bedroom
NAGamec0ckFan
Three and Out
The Yancey
Dear Muschamp: Not (1456)
CFN Team ranking 1-1 (1011)
I hope Jamarcus King (753)
Goergia Dome Collaps (413)
#600 (368)
New Whip (262)
NCAAF: CLEMSON TATER (239)
NFL TV Partners Set (88)
Funny story from my (83)
4 Clemson Tickets wi (39)
Coaching carousel: 2017-1
Clemson
CFN Team ranking 1-130
2018 - Channing Tindall
2019 - Ani Izuchukwu
2018 - Jaycee Horn - Tenn
2018 - Dax Hollifield
Clemson opponents avg rec
2018 - Dorian Gerald
NFL TV Partners Set to Lo

Old 04-15-2017, 12:05 PM   #21
Three and Out
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 10500
Three and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot material
Default Re: Video: Jake Bentley - First Try

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaySC View Post
Could very well be our best QB ever, but his record will never beat what Shaw did.
Not taking anything away from Shaw because what he did was absolutely amazing, but he was playing with one of the best defenses we've ever had at Carolina. Bentley doesn't have that luxury, yet.
Three and Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 12:08 PM   #22
Three and Out
Bowl MVP

Male

Three and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaySC View Post
Could very well be our best QB ever, but his record will never beat what Shaw did.
You are right, but if you ask Bentley, he couldn't care less about personal records. It's team records and championships that he's trying to get.
Old 04-15-2017, 01:51 PM   #23
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

CockyCash: 1000062293326235
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three and Out View Post
Not taking anything away from Shaw because what he did was absolutely amazing, but he was playing with one of the best defenses we've ever had at Carolina. Bentley doesn't have that luxury, yet.
Sadly not even close yet. With J. King getting hurt worries me even more about our secondary. He should be fine before summer, but still, cant be out of the gym too long, not him anyway because King is still to skinny it seems. What really worries me are the LBs. We are very very thin there. So thin that 2 or 3 injuries to the position would leave us with literally no LBs to fill in.

Vendable Bow Youtube

Vendable Bow Twitter
Gamecocks1137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 03:05 PM   #24
SC Sandlapper
Mr. 10,000

Male

CockyCash: 6650
SC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_corpsman View Post
He looks like he has been eating his Wheaties and putting in some serious time in the gym. Last season he looked a bit scrawny, but he is filling out.
I noticed that at the spring game. S & C success.
SC Sandlapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 03:29 PM   #25
TaySC
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 2000
TaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Oh, I'm not at all saying that he isn't a better QB than Shaw. I'm simply stating that it is already impossible for him to break a few of Shaws records that could very well stand for a long, long, time.

I also agree that a great defense helped Shaw with those records and we no longer have that luxury, unfortunately.
TaySC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 03:56 PM   #26
GamecockSuperFan
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 666
GamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks1137 View Post
Sadly not even close yet. With J. King getting hurt worries me even more about our secondary. He should be fine before summer, but still, cant be out of the gym too long, not him anyway because King is still to skinny it seems. What really worries me are the LBs. We are very very thin there. So thin that 2 or 3 injuries to the position would leave us with literally no LBs to fill in.
It's imperative that we run the ball and keep our defense off the field. Especially this season I like any other. I know we have weapons at WR and hurst is good, but we have to be able to run. Even when the defense knows it's coming. I would be happy to see Bentley average only 20 passes per game if we can run effectively. Two 100 yard rushers every other game or so is not out of the realm of possibility with Williams and dowdle. I know everyone wants to see Bentley sling it but he will throw some in there that aren't always smart, which is a gift and a curse. Rely on the run game.
GamecockSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 04:16 PM   #27
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

CockyCash: 1000062293326235
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockSuperFan View Post
It's imperative that we run the ball and keep our defense off the field. Especially this season I like any other. I know we have weapons at WR and hurst is good, but we have to be able to run. Even when the defense knows it's coming. I would be happy to see Bentley average only 20 passes per game if we can run effectively. Two 100 yard rushers every other game or so is not out of the realm of possibility with Williams and dowdle. I know everyone wants to see Bentley sling it but he will throw some in there that aren't always smart, which is a gift and a curse. Rely on the run game.
I agree we need to establish the run, and I think we will. But I think Bentley needs to get in at least 30 throws a game. Thats what he is, a pocket passer, got to get him to work.

Vendable Bow Youtube

Vendable Bow Twitter
Gamecocks1137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 08:03 PM   #28
Kazak
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 5500
Kazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockyMBA View Post
I think he was referring to the math. Connor Shaw was 27-5 and perfect at home (17-0). Statistically, Bentley cannot beat the home record -- and he's not likely to win 20+ games in a row, beginning with this season. But he's considered more talented than Shaw.
Bentley is 4-0 at home as a starter. It is statically possible (albeit unlikely) that he could beat the home record. If he plays 3 more years, he could, in theory, go 25-0 at home. (:
Kazak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 09:20 PM   #29
Ace Dilcock
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 11967
Ace Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
We will be fine on D. King should be okay in a couple of weeks. Then we have Keisean Nixon and Chalmers with instant JUCO help, plus Jamyest and Tavyn Jackson on the way to join up with Fenton and Lammons.

I am more worried about Safety than CB, which is why King's injury is not a big deal. DJ Smith, Montac and Antoine Wilder are solid and Jaylin Dickerson looks like a future star, but we might need to use some CBs at Safety for depth.

LB is a worry. Skai, BAW and Brunson are the only returnees. Two proven, one not. We have a nice Freshman class - Staley, Greene, Bowen - but no experience, so we need for JUCO Thompson to get back to a good weight and play. The good thing is that we only play two LBs much of the time -we are fine with out depth when we go with a lot of Buck or Nickel alignments.
Ace Dilcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 03:43 PM   #30
CoastCocky
Banned

Female

CockyCash: 500
CoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Dilcock View Post
We will be fine on D. King should be okay in a couple of weeks. Then we have Keisean Nixon and Chalmers with instant JUCO help, plus Jamyest and Tavyn Jackson on the way to join up with Fenton and Lammons.

I am more worried about Safety than CB, which is why King's injury is not a big deal. DJ Smith, Montac and Antoine Wilder are solid and Jaylin Dickerson looks like a future star, but we might need to use some CBs at Safety for depth.

LB is a worry. Skai, BAW and Brunson are the only returnees. Two proven, one not. We have a nice Freshman class - Staley, Greene, Bowen - but no experience, so we need for JUCO Thompson to get back to a good weight and play. The good thing is that we only play two LBs much of the time -we are fine with out depth when we go with a lot of Buck or Nickel alignments.
Our Juco help hasn't been very helpful recently.
CoastCocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 09:58 PM   #31
garnetmike
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
garnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot material

Def impressed by Bentley but everyone making a big deal out of a 55 yard throw from a top shelf college QB is weird. I'm 64 years old and give me three tries and I could hit it. I haven't thrown a football since the fall.

Love the kid though. More impressed by his gala video today. Cocky kid. Love it
garnetmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 10:40 PM   #32
GSC2013
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
GSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Before he's done, he'll be the best QB to ever play at Carolina.
If he stays for 4 years I think we win the SEC his jr or sr year.
GSC2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 10:55 PM   #33
carolina_corpsman
2nd Team All-American

Male

carolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnetmike View Post
Def impressed by Bentley but everyone making a big deal out of a 55 yard throw from a top shelf college QB is weird. I'm 64 years old and give me three tries and I could hit it. I haven't thrown a football since the fall.

Video or it didn't happen. 55 yards out, 3 tries, has to hit the center crossbar.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
carolina_corpsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 12:01 AM   #34
Three and Out
Bowl MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockSuperFan View Post
This is the best we've been at RB since Mike Davis was a freshman. If we can run as you suggested, we will be hard to beat. The runnng game will be Bentley's best friend.
Old 04-18-2017, 12:06 AM   #35
Three and Out
Bowl MVP

Male

Quote:

If you are 64 and can throw a football 55 yards, you likely will need to see a surgeon the next day.

You're from Banner Elk. I'm not talking about from the top of the mountain.lol

By the way, that was an easy throw from Bentley. He could have thrown it 65 yards.
Old 04-18-2017, 08:32 AM   #36
CoastCocky
Banned

Female

CockyCash: 500
CoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot material

Quote:

CoastCocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 09:36 AM   #37
HHess
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 7382743
HHess is crowing loudlyHHess is crowing loudlyHHess is crowing loudlyHHess is crowing loudlyHHess is crowing loudlyHHess is crowing loudlyHHess is crowing loudlyHHess is crowing loudlyHHess is crowing loudlyHHess is crowing loudlyHHess is crowing loudly

Quote:

Prove it. Video or it didn't happen....
Old 04-18-2017, 10:02 AM   #38
Lonnie
Band

Male

CockyCash: 250200
Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

But everyone knows he lacks arm strength and accuracy...

Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 11:01 AM   #39
sc455
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 63940
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

Quote:
i have lifted enough in my day to know that every single gain he had made up until spring was lost. that is the downside to an injury. It only takes 96 hours to lose ground when it comes to weight training.
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 11:45 AM   #40
TAFC 5 1981
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 5500
TAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc455 View Post
i have lifted enough in my day to know that every single gain he had made up until spring was lost. that is the downside to an injury. It only takes 96 hours to lose ground when it comes to weight training.
What type of weight training are you referring to? I understand a injury can often make someone start over, I am not sure I understand the 96 hours part. I use to take a minimum of 96 hours between my last heavy workout and a powerlifting contest (as I got older, that extended to over 120 hours).