CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Captain9Dragons
Three and Out
SanAntonioCock
Spur's Addiction
rt3891
dreammachine
wildwes
TastyLicks
COCKDIESEL
FurmanCock
Dickerson medically (1681)
Gamecock Receivers (327)
We Can Beat Them (206)
College football pod (17)
College football podcast?
Danny Sheridan: No way U
SEC Media Days
2018 Prediction Thread -
Jovaughn Gwyn is strong
Can Carolina and Tennesse
Discussion: 2019 Recruiti
Gamecock Receivers
Gamecock Jordan brand?
We Can Beat Them

Old 01-12-2018, 04:07 PM   #1
Johnny Cockyc@sh
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
Johnny Cockyc@sh is developing his combJohnny Cockyc@sh is developing his combJohnny Cockyc@sh is developing his combJohnny Cockyc@sh is developing his combJohnny Cockyc@sh is developing his combJohnny Cockyc@sh is developing his combJohnny Cockyc@sh is developing his combJohnny Cockyc@sh is developing his comb
Default Place Kickers

I've been reading about Brandon Chiazza and Patrick Nations. No offense to Parker White by any means, but (IMO) we need a better kicker. I'm sure some of you agree?
Johnny Cockyc@sh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 04:53 PM   #2
retrick_s
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 104340475
retrick_s rules the CockPitretrick_s rules the CockPitretrick_s rules the CockPitretrick_s rules the CockPitretrick_s rules the CockPitretrick_s rules the CockPitretrick_s rules the CockPitretrick_s rules the CockPitretrick_s rules the CockPitretrick_s rules the CockPitretrick_s rules the CockPit
Default Re: Place Kickers

Our field goal percentage in 2017 makes your argument objectively true.

At the very least Parker White himself must become a better kicker.

I trust that Parker White and the coaches would admit as much.
Trolls Beware: Don't bully others, call out others just to be contrarian, or attempt to promulgate false stats as truth in an attempt to make yourself look better, "prove" your point, or embarass others. We will call you on your shit.
retrick_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 04:56 PM   #3
Johnny Cockyc@sh
Banned

Male

Johnny Cockyc@sh is developing his combJohnny Cockyc@sh is developing his combJohnny Cockyc@sh is developing his combJohnny Cockyc@sh is developing his combJohnny Cockyc@sh is developing his combJohnny Cockyc@sh is developing his combJohnny Cockyc@sh is developing his combJohnny Cockyc@sh is developing his comb

Chiazza seems like he really wants to be here. Nations seems like he's waiting for a "better school" to woo him before he settles for us.
Old 01-12-2018, 04:56 PM   #4
gotrice?
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 20200
gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gotrice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Cockyc@sh View Post
I've been reading about Brandon Chiazza and Patrick Nations. No offense to Parker White by any means, but (IMO) we need a better kicker. I'm sure some of you agree?
After Parker White started the season 1-7 kicking he went the rest of the season kicking 72%. For context that would be equal to or better than 2 of Elliott Fry's seasons here. Kicker isn't an issue.
gotrice? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 05:04 PM   #5
CoverTwo
If C2 doesn't trust you..

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Parker White is only a freshman. He has huge upside. He'll get better.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 05:09 PM   #6
Johnny Cockyc@sh
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotrice? View Post
After Parker White started the season 1-7 kicking he went the rest of the season kicking 72%. For context that would be equal to or better than 2 of Elliott Fry's seasons here. Kicker isn't an issue.
He has gotten better. As I said in another thread, I like to see competitiveness among players. It wouldn't hurt my feelings if Parker pushed himself to beat out good prospective recruits.
Old 01-12-2018, 05:12 PM   #7
gotrice?
1st Team All-American

Male

gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material

Quote:
He has gotten better. As I said in another thread, I like to see competitiveness among players. It wouldn't hurt my feelings if Parker pushed himself to beat out good prospective recruits.
I'm saying that you're letting the start to the season impact your view way too much. 72% is a solid number for a kicker and after the start of the year once he got his feet under him that's what he went. He did that as a true freshman. We're in good shape at K for a while.
Old 01-12-2018, 05:14 PM   #8
Johnny Cockyc@sh
Banned

Male

Quote:
I'm saying that you're letting the start to the season impact your view way too much. 72% is a solid number for a kicker and after the start of the year once he got his feet under him that's what he went. He did that as a true freshman. We're in good shape at K for a while.
I'll agree with that.
Old 01-12-2018, 05:26 PM   #9
Luke Skycocker
Git Dat Baw

Male

2011 Football Pickem: 2011 Football Pickem - Given for: 2011 Football Pickem Champ 
CockyCash: 107299638593
Luke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
Hahaha, upside.. he's a kicker. Yea, he kicks it a long way. He can't make anything outside of 40. Bring in someone better rather than try to "develop" a kicker.
Old 01-12-2018, 05:35 PM   #10
Y Formation
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 11840
Y Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
If he improves his accuracy, he could be deadly fromm 55 yards in. He's got the leg for 60 yarders, already. I expect him to get some training in the off-season. I'm pulling for him 100 percent.
Y Formation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 05:46 PM   #11
TKE226
Damn Yankee

Male

CockyCash: 1593234
TKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot material

He'll work on his accuracy.
TKE226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 06:14 PM   #12
BeachGamecock
Walk On

Male

BeachGamecock is developing his combBeachGamecock is developing his combBeachGamecock is developing his combBeachGamecock is developing his combBeachGamecock is developing his combBeachGamecock is developing his combBeachGamecock is developing his combBeachGamecock is developing his combBeachGamecock is developing his comb

Don't we have a grad transfer coming in from Kent State?
BeachGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 06:44 PM   #13
gotrice?
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachGamecock View Post
Don't we have a grad transfer coming in from Kent State?
We do but my money is on White. Highest percentage year he's had kicking is 68%, like I said earlier White drastically improved and I think he'll beat him out.
Old 01-12-2018, 08:11 PM   #14
d20636
Go Cocks!

Male

CockyCash: 400
d20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot material

Quote:
I'm sure there are quite a few that would agree...

Quote:
Ezzzzackly! A rough start (more mental than anything IMHO), then Elliot Fry level...

Parker has the leg we need.
Old 01-12-2018, 10:25 PM   #15
Flameout12
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Hey Johnny, can I have you Cockyc@sh, since it looks like you got banned?
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 10:56 PM   #16
bobbycock
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1034230
bobbycock rules the CockPitbobbycock rules the CockPitbobbycock rules the CockPitbobbycock rules the CockPitbobbycock rules the CockPitbobbycock rules the CockPitbobbycock rules the CockPitbobbycock rules the CockPitbobbycock rules the CockPitbobbycock rules the CockPitbobbycock rules the CockPit

Quote:
Chiazza seems like he really wants to be here. Nations seems like he's waiting for a "better school" to woo him before he settles for us.
I am all for the guy who wants to be here and not just "settle" with us.
bobbycock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 11:24 PM   #17
SanAntonioCock
Underestimated

Male

CockyCash: 548449382984
SanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbycock View Post
I am all for the guy who wants to be here and not just "settle" with us.
Especially with a position that is so mental.

🐓🏈🐓🏈🐓🏈🐓🏈🐓
SanAntonioCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 08:21 AM   #18
GamecockInHell
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 1808785
GamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot material

How about if we just stop having to try 47 yd. field goal attempts? Then White would be an outstanding kicker.
GamecockInHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 08:37 AM   #19
92Pony
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1674744
92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by d20636 View Post

Ezzzzackly! A rough start (more mental than anything IMHO), then Elliot Fry level...

Parker has the leg we need.
If we remember about Fry, when he first came here, he was pretty dang accurate but had no distance. Too lazy to look it up, but I doubt he had many if any 47yders in his TrFr season either.

If Parker can work on his t'wards, I think he's gonna end up being a good one for us. His KOs are already proving to be very valuable.

Edit: I tried a little bit to find some info on Fry's Fr kicking. It was hard to find a good breakdown. The best I was able to find in limited searching was that his season long his Fr year was 45yds.
92Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 12:16 PM   #20
Shaggy
4-Star

Male

Shaggy rules the CockPitShaggy rules the CockPitShaggy rules the CockPitShaggy rules the CockPitShaggy rules the CockPitShaggy rules the CockPitShaggy rules the CockPitShaggy rules the CockPitShaggy rules the CockPitShaggy rules the CockPitShaggy rules the CockPit

I think we'll be fine. Parker improved tremendously as the season went along.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote