CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > Fowl Shots

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
thekob
Master Bedroom
carolina_corpsman
Y Formation
2k15
TastyLicks
RGHoskins
2000grad
Spur's Addiction
SanAntonioCock
FBI Charges of Fraud (3837)
10 point Underdogs (799)
SC vs La Tech 1st Ha (683)
Dumbest question and (273)
Coach arrests? (228)
FBI Charges of Fraud (207)
Kershaw County sheri (96)
PODCAST: Gamecocks R (73)
FBI and College Bask (2)
FBI Charges of Fraud &
2018 WBB - Christyn Willi
SC vs La Tech 1st Half of
Ryan Succop on NFL record
Freeeze: What I did was w
Jake Bentley analysis
10 point Underdogs
Dumbest question and best
PODCAST: Gamecocks Rally
Muschamp Presser question

Old 06-28-2017, 02:51 PM   #61
CoverTwo
If C2 doesn't trust you..

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default Re: Dozier Signs With the Lakers

Can't imagine not wanting to play for another of those teams unless its about location and/or depth charts.

Denver is very good offensively.

New Orleans has Boogie & The Brow

Boston is loaded.

Utah is loaded.

The Knicks suck but they really, really, really need point guard help.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 03:05 PM   #62
gotrice?
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 200
gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gotrice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
Can't imagine not wanting to play for another of those teams unless its about location and/or depth charts.

Denver is very good offensively.

New Orleans has Boogie & The Brow

Boston is loaded.

Utah is loaded.

The Knicks suck but they really, really, really need point guard help.
I'd probably avoid going to Denver because they've got a number of guards and the Knicks just took a PG in the top 10 in the same draft. Same deal with Boston as Denver, tons of players at his position. Utah and New Orleans are spots that if he actually turned down he got some very bad advice, both spots need guard help in a bad way.
gotrice? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 03:23 PM   #63
markymark550
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 2000
markymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot material

I definitely understand having concerns about depth charts. I'd hate to be drafted by a team whose only intention was to use me as a summer league player, especially if other potentially better situations were out there.

I personally wouldn't worry about location that much, but I can understand how that would be a deterrent for the kids. I mean, no offense to SLC and Denver, but it's understandable how a 19-22 year old kid would want to be somewhere more glamorous.
markymark550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 10:53 AM   #64
FanofCarolina1
💩💩💩💩

Male

CockyCash: 640
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

I'd really like to see PJ playing against Sin, but I highly doubt it.
Old 06-29-2017, 12:11 PM   #65
JDuro
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 5000
JDuro rules the CockPitJDuro rules the CockPitJDuro rules the CockPitJDuro rules the CockPitJDuro rules the CockPitJDuro rules the CockPitJDuro rules the CockPitJDuro rules the CockPitJDuro rules the CockPitJDuro rules the CockPitJDuro rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanofCarolina1 View Post
I'd really like to see PJ playing against Sin, but I highly doubt it.
Lakers and Clippers open the Summer League against each other next Friday at 8:30 on ESPN so they may end up facing each other a little bit in that game.
JDuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 11:58 AM   #66
CockNJersey
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
CockNJersey has developed his gaff and talonsCockNJersey has developed his gaff and talonsCockNJersey has developed his gaff and talonsCockNJersey has developed his gaff and talonsCockNJersey has developed his gaff and talonsCockNJersey has developed his gaff and talonsCockNJersey has developed his gaff and talonsCockNJersey has developed his gaff and talonsCockNJersey has developed his gaff and talonsCockNJersey has developed his gaff and talonsCockNJersey has developed his gaff and talons

His path to actually catching on in the NBA is longer now than if he had come back for his senior year.
CockNJersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 01:00 PM   #67
rabid cock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 8914
rabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockNJersey View Post
His path to actually catching on in the NBA is longer now than if he had come back for his senior year.
Do you mean his junior year or his junior and senior year?
rabid cock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 01:22 PM   #68
CockNJersey
4-Star

Male

CockNJersey has developed his gaff and talonsCockNJersey has developed his gaff and talonsCockNJersey has developed his gaff and talonsCockNJersey has developed his gaff and talonsCockNJersey has developed his gaff and talonsCockNJersey has developed his gaff and talonsCockNJersey has developed his gaff and talonsCockNJersey has developed his gaff and talonsCockNJersey has developed his gaff and talonsCockNJersey has developed his gaff and talonsCockNJersey has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabid cock View Post
Do you mean his junior year or his junior and senior year?
Yes, sorry, junior year. At least.
Old 07-15-2017, 01:32 PM   #69
gotrice?
1st Team All-American

Male

gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material

Quote:
Or if the red flags that popped up on his medicals end up confirming the fears of teams he's getting paid for the couple of years he has before his knees go even if it's not as much money as I'm sure he would have hoped for it beats none. Two ways to look at it.
Old 07-15-2017, 02:59 PM   #70
CockNJersey
4-Star

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotrice? View Post
Or if the red flags that popped up on his medicals end up confirming the fears of teams he's getting paid for the couple of years he has before his knees go even if it's not as much money as I'm sure he would have hoped for it beats none. Two ways to look at it.
I hope the decision works out for him and he beats the odds to join the short list of guys who have succeeded after going undrafted. ESPN analytics gives him a 7% chance of becoming a starter and a 9% chance of becoming a role player in the NBA. Of course, I guess the other side of the coin is that no matter how long he stayed in college, he may not be NBA material. I just think it would have to have been more enjoyable to come back and be the big man on campus for another year or two, instead of bouncing around from team to team constantly trying to catch on somewhere like most of these guys end up doing.
Old 07-15-2017, 03:22 PM   #71
gotrice?
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:
I hope the decision works out for him and he beats the odds to join the short list of guys who have succeeded after going undrafted. ESPN analytics gives him a 7% chance of becoming a starter and a 9% chance of becoming a role player in the NBA. Of course, I guess the other side of the coin is that no matter how long he stayed in college, he may not be NBA material. I just think it would have to have been more enjoyable to come back and be the big man on campus for another year or two, instead of bouncing around from team to team constantly trying to catch on somewhere like most of these guys end up doing.
The medical reports make it a different story, he may only have a few years to be a professional ball player whether it is in the NBA or Europe or elsewhere. If his knees go to hell in the next couple of years like a number of NBA teams were concerned about then he only has a few years to make some money. Better to make a bit of money off of basketball than none at all, especially when he can come back to school and finish on scholarship like all athletes who leave early.
Old 07-15-2017, 06:06 PM   #72
Cockhornleghorn
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1234645173229
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material

Quote:
The medical reports make it a different story, he may only have a few years to be a professional ball player whether it is in the NBA or Europe or elsewhere. If his knees go to hell in the next couple of years like a number of NBA teams were concerned about then he only has a few years to make some money. Better to make a bit of money off of basketball than none at all, especially when he can come back to school and finish on scholarship like all athletes who leave early.
I agree and that may have contributed to his decision to turn pro. Even overseas he stands to make several hundred thousand dollars a year, which is much more than he'd make after graduating and entering another profession.
Old 07-16-2017, 09:06 PM   #73
kingofnerf
1st Team All-SEC

Male

kingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot material

Another year of solid play with us would have vanquished most of the doubts about his durability, but it is what it is.

You can't fault him for leaving early if his goal from the beginning was to play in the NBA.

Instead of eliminating doubts about his durability with us, he will have to do it on an overseas team instead and do the D/G league thing again next year.

The flip side of that also is that any durability issues he runs into overseas, he would most certainly have had them with us next year as well.

He is a player that will make a team successful, but at this point he is not a player that can carry a team on his own like Sin did with us.

Sin wasn't perceived as that, either, going into his Junior year because of his tendonitis and the team still hadn't bought into Frank's system yet, so they sucked.

PJ's not the only player in the Summer League that is in the wrong place at the wrong time.

There is maybe only one roster spot available on the Heat this coming season because they are not rebuilding like the Lakers. Those guys are playing for a spot on another team, if at all.

Only time will tell with PJ.
Old 07-16-2017, 10:53 PM   #74
TwoNotch Dreams
Hot Up In The Met

Male

TwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot materialTwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot materialTwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot materialTwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot materialTwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot materialTwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot materialTwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot materialTwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot materialTwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot materialTwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot materialTwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot material

PJ is probably not going to be playing in the NBA next season, or anytime soon for that matter, but he'll still make pretty solid money playing overseas.
TwoNotch Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 09:32 AM   #75
Coondog
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Coondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockhornleghorn View Post
I agree and that may have contributed to his decision to turn pro. Even overseas he stands to make several hundred thousand dollars a year, which is much more than he'd make after graduating and entering another profession.
Only the top players make good money (1-3 mil) in Europe. The middle of the pack which Dozier would have to prove to be that at good make between 1-3 thousand a month. When you figure that is only during the season it's not a lot of money. The lower tier players make a few hundred a month. My guess would be Dozier would make around 1K a month until he either proves what he's worth.

https://www.quora.com/What-is-an-ove...ared-to-the-US
Coondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 11:00 AM   #76
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 311755
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
He could have squelched that talk with a solid year this year and positioned himself as a first round lock. I also think his inner circle overrated his Draft status for this year thus costing this kid a ton of money in next years Draft. Frank tried to tell PJ not to hire a Agent but he did not listen. I am pulling for PJ but now wonder if he will ever play a game in the NBA.
USCBASEBALL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 12:01 PM   #77
smoovecock
Super Moderator

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Homecoming King 
CockyCash: 1000000
smoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot material

I still scratch my head why PJs Dad let him make the decision to leave for pro ball. No one knew better than Dad that PJ wasnt ready. But, maybe PJ wasnt into the college experience and was ready to leave. Hope it works out but guys going over seas to play almost never get another shot at the NBA. I know there has been a few that made the transition from European ball to the NBA but not many.
Old 07-17-2017, 12:28 PM   #78
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoovecock View Post
I still scratch my head why PJs Dad let him make the decision to leave for pro ball. No one knew better than Dad that PJ wasnt ready. But, maybe PJ wasnt into the college experience and was ready to leave. Hope it works out but guys going over seas to play almost never get another shot at the NBA. I know there has been a few that made the transition from European ball to the NBA but not many.
His Dad was one of the persons encouraging him to leave.
Old 07-17-2017, 01:37 PM   #79
smoovecock
Super Moderator

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Homecoming King 
CockyCash: 1000000
smoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBASEBALL1 View Post
His Dad was one of the persons encouraging him to leave.
..I know that, but why..??...We all know he wasnt ready and you would have thought that his Dad, knowing his back ground would have realized the same.
Old 07-17-2017, 02:11 PM   #80
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoovecock View Post
..I know that, but why..??...We all know he wasnt ready and you would have thought that his Dad, knowing his back ground would have realized the same.
That is the million dollar question. I think if the decision had been left up to PJ without any outside influence he would have stayed. Have no idea what his Dad was thinking.