CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Three and Out
Blitzkrieg
GregoryHouse
Spur's Addiction
RGHoskins
smoovecock
Order 66
SanAntonioCock
acejrock
thekob
Rico Dowdle (2342)
This could be troubl (1061)
Position Unit Previe (954)
First home game, und (907)
The difference betwe (565)
2019 - Jaelin Humphr (323)
Kansas City Royals: (308)
Official Countdown T (228)
Hot dogs (226)
The 150 Greatest Alb (130)
D. English & M.Lewis
Discussion: 2018 Recruiti
This could be trouble
2018 - Channing Tindall
2018 - Raiqwon O'Neal
Rico Dowdle
Position Unit Preview: Of
The difference between 7
First home game, under th
2018 - Jaycee Horn

Old 06-02-2017, 08:45 AM   #21
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
CockyCash: 200
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material
Default Re: Your favorite experience in Williams Brice?

Favorite game experience ... beating Florida Spurrier's first year in 05. I got to sneak in with a family connection we had, so I don't have a ticket or anything to prove I was actually there. Ole Miss and Kentucky games when (I believe) both were ranked 4th were also fun games.

Favorite non-game experience ... meeting Sting a few years back when his son was a Linebacker for Kentucky.

Favorite tailgating experience ... the original CockyTalk Spring Game tailgate

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoovecock View Post
I agree with Cack.
cack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 09:25 AM   #22
Wham
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
Wham is USC mascot materialWham is USC mascot materialWham is USC mascot materialWham is USC mascot materialWham is USC mascot materialWham is USC mascot materialWham is USC mascot materialWham is USC mascot materialWham is USC mascot materialWham is USC mascot materialWham is USC mascot material

That I was in the stadium for I assume

1980 against I think it was Wake. A really exciting come back
Wham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 10:21 AM   #23
smoovecock
Super Moderator

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Homecoming King 
CockyCash: 1000000
smoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBC View Post
I have been going to Williams-Brice since I was a kid, got to enjoy it as a student at USC and as an adult bringing my own kids to the games...it has literally been a part of my existence and life...my entire life...I even got to play there several times while in High School during the old 'Sports-a-Rama' days to kick off the High School season...Do they still do that?

All that being said the best game I have ever been lucky enough to witness was the 2000 UGA game after we were coming off the almost 2 year long losing streak and Georgia was #5 in the country. I believe we picked the ball off 5 times...or maybe we just had 5 turnovers...either way...every one was a swing of the axe...we just kept chopping...we kept hanging in and playing hard and working and competing. We were sitting in the Student section...when they used to let you do that...every time we took the ball away it was pandemonium!

When the final whistle blew there were grown old men with tears running down their face. There were gorgeous co-eds with tears running down their face. There were kids...entire families...with tear running down their face. There was such a collective sharing of energy and relief that no other game comes close for me. It was over!! We were back!! And you could fell it. It was palpable.

Field gets rushed, goal posts come down, place is going wild, we had beaten UGA...a ranked UGA...but it was seeing grown men to little kids to smoking hot college baby dolls all cheering and celebrating with literal tears in their eyes and feeling that collective release that took place that will always make that my favorite moment.

We've had bigger wins but never had a more emotional one.
..I have been going into Williams Brice since 1970 and this game right here was the most profound win that I have seen. As LBC put it so well, it was palable.
We were bad, very bad for two straight years and finally came out of the dark ages...
Old 06-02-2017, 10:37 AM   #24
rioninusc
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1000000056
rioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot material

2009 vs Clemson.

First, and only Clemson game I went to, and we dominated them, start of the 5 peat. I remember announcers or seeing it on tv when I got home that Spiller had Turf Toe, I was like yeah right, more like he doesn't want to get KTFO before getting drafted to the NFL.

rioninusc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 11:18 AM   #25
Gamecocks0197
Two Deep

Male

Gamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot material

I still get chills when I walk through the tunnel, and my first games was vs Kentucky in 2005.

I've been told I went to a game during Lou Holtz, but have no recollection so I don't count that
Old 06-02-2017, 11:49 AM   #26
RoosterBooster
1st Team All-SEC

CockyCash: 100500
RoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBC View Post
I have been going to Williams-Brice since I was a kid, got to enjoy it as a student at USC and as an adult bringing my own kids to the games...it has literally been a part of my existence and life...my entire life...I even got to play there several times while in High School during the old 'Sports-a-Rama' days to kick off the High School season...Do they still do that?

All that being said the best game I have ever been lucky enough to witness was the 2000 UGA game after we were coming off the almost 2 year long losing streak and Georgia was #5 in the country. I believe we picked the ball off 5 times...or maybe we just had 5 turnovers...either way...every one was a swing of the axe...we just kept chopping...we kept hanging in and playing hard and working and competing. We were sitting in the Student section...when they used to let you do that...every time we took the ball away it was pandemonium!

When the final whistle blew there were grown old men with tears running down their face. There were gorgeous co-eds with tears running down their face. There were kids...entire families...with tear running down their face. There was such a collective sharing of energy and relief that no other game comes close for me. It was over!! We were back!! And you could fell it. It was palpable.

Field gets rushed, goal posts come down, place is going wild, we had beaten UGA...a ranked UGA...but it was seeing grown men to little kids to smoking hot college baby dolls all cheering and celebrating with literal tears in their eyes and feeling that collective release that took place that will always make that my favorite moment.

We've had bigger wins but never had a more emotional one.
You are correct on the interceptions. Quincy Carter's Heismann campaign died in Columbia. He completed 10 passes to UGA receivers and 5 passes to Gamecocks.
Old 06-02-2017, 12:02 PM   #27
DrZyn
El Logical

Male

CockyCash: 200639
DrZyn rules the CockPitDrZyn rules the CockPitDrZyn rules the CockPitDrZyn rules the CockPitDrZyn rules the CockPitDrZyn rules the CockPitDrZyn rules the CockPitDrZyn rules the CockPitDrZyn rules the CockPitDrZyn rules the CockPitDrZyn rules the CockPit

As a student had to be the day we were playing NC State, Rogers, Spencer Clark, Perlotte, Wright, Balman, and a few others came by the 6 and we partied, later that night George put up 217yds rushing. As an adult later in life, had to be against Bama in 2010, Garcia can spin the seed. and anytime we beat clemsux.
Old 06-02-2017, 03:04 PM   #28
CockCopter
Professor

Male

CockCopter is crowing loudlyCockCopter is crowing loudlyCockCopter is crowing loudlyCockCopter is crowing loudlyCockCopter is crowing loudlyCockCopter is crowing loudlyCockCopter is crowing loudlyCockCopter is crowing loudlyCockCopter is crowing loudlyCockCopter is crowing loudlyCockCopter is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by miked237 View Post
As a student? Back-to-back weeks with the goalposts coming down to end 2 long losing streaks in 2000. (And The Fade a couple of weeks after that.)

Recently? Clemson game, 2013.
Agreed. I got happy drunk on the horseshoe back in 2000.
CockCopter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 03:59 PM   #29
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

CockyCash: 1000062391893706
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12+4=6 View Post
2012 UGA. More specifically, right after Ace's punt return TD. Craziest moment I can remember.

Bama, Ole Miss, and Clemson during 5 straight are all close though.
2012 UGA is the best for me. That game was crazy. Before UGA knew it they were getting put in the dog pound.

Vendable Bow Youtube

Vendable Bow Twitter
Gamecocks1137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 05:35 PM   #30
Cockflame1701
Walk On

Male

Cockflame1701 has earned his spursCockflame1701 has earned his spursCockflame1701 has earned his spursCockflame1701 has earned his spursCockflame1701 has earned his spursCockflame1701 has earned his spurs

September 13th 2014: After several storm delays, intermittent gushers of rain, and watching the JAW JAW bulldogs implode near the end zone . Gamecocks won 38-35 and though drenched it was the best feeling walking back to parking from WB...have a great day everyone...
Cockflame1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 05:38 PM   #31
uscgmck
I'm Baaacck

Male

CockyCash: 100500
uscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot material

http://mcubed.net/ncaaf/series/sc/index.shtml

1973 (not there) USC VS FLA ST W 52-12
1983 USC VS USC W 38-14
1984 USC VS N D W 36-32 U-S-C cheers all the way home by everybody there
1984 USC VS FLA ST W 38-26 Raynard Brown game
1987 USC VS CLEMCON W 20-7 Yes R-O-D-E-N-Y game
2009 USC VS OLE MISS W 16-10
2010 USC VS BAMA W 35-21
Old 06-02-2017, 05:47 PM   #32
ucan'tlickourcocks
The "other" M. Lattimore

Male

CockyCash: 1727300779460
ucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot material

Tanneyhill beating UcheaT in what, 92? What, 18-17?
Old 06-02-2017, 06:19 PM   #33
wincocks84
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 275
wincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot material

For me it was the 2005 Florida game. I believe that game is what really propelled the Spurrier era. I was in the student section and it was insanely loud. Next would be the Clemson game in 2013. Arguably Clemson's best team, until 2015/16 of course, and we dominated them.
wincocks84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 06:29 PM   #34
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101850400
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

2010 Bama, 2012 UGA, 2013 Clemson.

2013 Clemson is also the last home game I've been able to attend. 2013 I also traveled to Arkansas for an early game where we beat them like a drum... something like 52-6.
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 07:32 PM   #35
Gaichon
Chartreuse Microbus, 10-4

Male

CockyCash: 1000000500
Gaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spur's Addiction View Post
Probably when I was a kid. I was probably 13 or 14. My family didn't have a lot of spare money so we never got tickets or went to any games. Always listened to games on the radio or TV on the rare occasion it was on TV.
Same here. From the mid-80s to early 90s I listened to Bob Fulton call the games or caught the rare TV game. My cousin got season tix at that time and I've been going to games since.

I have three.

1. 1992 - blowout loss to Arkansas (first game). First season in the SEC and we got clobbered by a Razorback team that lost to the Citadel a week prior. I remember watching a flamboyant frosh named Taneyhill on the sidelines through my binoculars. I was probably the happiest you could be after a huge beating. After having Willy B. posters in my room for years and hearing about it, being there for the first time was special. It was like the "Rudy" scene with Ned Beaty - seriously.

2. 2001 - Rod Trafford with the catch in the corner for a. 37-36 over Bama. Great back-and-forth game then he made that catch right in front of us in the student section. It was my senior year and I was fueled up on Fightin Cock and Rebel Yell. Ran on the field with the rest of the students, then in my euphoric haze ripped up one of the bushes in the endzone and ran out of the stadium. No idea why. Kept that bush till it was dust.

3. 2010 - Bama again. As a Carolina fan its hard to go into games really confident as an underdog (I remembered 2001 against UF too well), but I knew when I woke up that morning we'd win. Strangers were hugging on the ramp and I probably high-fived more people in 7 minutes than I have in the last 7 years. Just a beautiful day.

Gaichon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 09:16 PM   #36
spareparts
Hole in 1

Male

CockyCash: 1000618
spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material

Watching the spring game then walking to the Sarge drunk and watching Arik Hempy destroy Florida
spareparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 10:54 PM   #37
Gamecocks0197
Two Deep

Male

Gamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaichon View Post
Same here. From the mid-80s to early 90s I listened to Bob Fulton call the games or caught the rare TV game. My cousin got season tix at that time and I've been going to games since.

I have three.

1. 1992 - blowout loss to Arkansas (first game). First season in the SEC and we got clobbered by a Razorback team that lost to the Citadel a week prior. I remember watching a flamboyant frosh named Taneyhill on the sidelines through my binoculars. I was probably the happiest you could be after a huge beating. After having Willy B. posters in my room for years and hearing about it, being there for the first time was special. It was like the "Rudy" scene with Ned Beaty - seriously.

2. 2001 - Rod Trafford with the catch in the corner for a. 37-36 over Bama. Great back-and-forth game then he made that catch right in front of us in the student section. It was my senior year and I was fueled up on Fightin Cock and Rebel Yell. Ran on the field with the rest of the students, then in my euphoric haze ripped up one of the bushes in the endzone and ran out of the stadium. No idea why. Kept that bush till it was dust.

3. 2010 - Bama again. As a Carolina fan its hard to go into games really confident as an underdog (I remembered 2001 against UF too well), but I knew when I woke up that morning we'd win. Strangers were hugging on the ramp and I probably high-fived more people in 7 minutes than I have in the last 7 years. Just a beautiful day.
Bama in 2010 was just one of those feelings for me too. You can't really describe it but there was something in the air that told you that something special was gonna happen.
Old 06-02-2017, 11:09 PM   #38
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

CockyCash: 1000500
USCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to USCBatgirl21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucan'tlickourcocks View Post
Tanneyhill beating UcheaT in what, 92? What, 18-17?
Hank Campbell beat UT that day. If not for him, they win the game.
USCBatgirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 01:04 AM   #39
SanAntonioCock
Underestimated

Male

CockyCash: 614462087544
SanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot material

1987 Clemson . I was sitting in the end zone where Brad Edwards returned the pick 6. It was a spiritual experience.

🐓🏈🐓🏈🐓🏈🐓🏈🐓
SanAntonioCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 01:17 AM   #40
SC Sandlapper
Mr. 10,000

Male

CockyCash: 1650
SC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockflame1701 View Post
September 13th 2014: After several storm delays, intermittent gushers of rain, and watching the JAW JAW bulldogs implode near the end zone . Gamecocks won 38-35 and though drenched it was the best feeling walking back to parking from WB...have a great day everyone...

What a game. It was my first year as a season ticket holder and right out of the gate that year, we got steamrolled by A&M on national TV and the home winning streak was over. This Ga. game was just what we needed. Ga. decided not to hand it to Todd Gurley at the goal line, took a sack and missed a chip shot that cost them the game.

I was so hoarse after that one I had no voice the next day. It rained most of the second half and we absolutely did not even notice.