CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
thekob
Master Bedroom
carolina_corpsman
Y Formation
2k15
TastyLicks
RGHoskins
2000grad
Spur's Addiction
SanAntonioCock
FBI Charges of Fraud (3837)
10 point Underdogs (799)
SC vs La Tech 1st Ha (683)
Dumbest question and (273)
Coach arrests? (228)
FBI Charges of Fraud (207)
Kershaw County sheri (96)
PODCAST: Gamecocks R (73)
FBI and College Bask (2)
FBI Charges of Fraud &
2018 WBB - Christyn Willi
SC vs La Tech 1st Half of
Ryan Succop on NFL record
Freeeze: What I did was w
Jake Bentley analysis
10 point Underdogs
Dumbest question and best
PODCAST: Gamecocks Rally
Muschamp Presser question

Old 07-07-2017, 05:42 PM   #1
GSC2013
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
GSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot material
Default The more I see the black helmet/black top uniform the more I likey

I must admit...when I first saw the black helmet I was like meh. It was ok but felt very 2004. The garnet hemlet and top I liked and its very traditional. Was always a fan of the Spurrier era white/garnet/white home look. But now I keep seeing preseason pics w the black/black/white and man...Im liking it more and more.

My apologies for the obvious off season thread theme. Hey...30 more days fellas!!!

But back to it...that uniform combo looks sharp. It looks like something you have to have a man-card in your wallet to wear. Hope we open vs NCSU with that combo.
GSC2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 05:53 PM   #2
Lant
grumpy old fart

Male

CockyCash: 100000
Lant is USC mascot materialLant is USC mascot materialLant is USC mascot materialLant is USC mascot materialLant is USC mascot materialLant is USC mascot materialLant is USC mascot materialLant is USC mascot materialLant is USC mascot materialLant is USC mascot materialLant is USC mascot material
Default Re: The more I see the black helmet/black top uniform the more I likey

I admit it. I like that combo as well. It just looks mean.
Lant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 05:56 PM   #3
Master Bedroom
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 500
Master Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot material

I like it but think we could get a better black helmet
Master Bedroom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 06:11 PM   #4
carolina_corpsman
Household Name

Male

carolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot material

I like the all black look. I think the garnet helmets look like pepto.
carolina_corpsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 06:24 PM   #5
Rooster'srule
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 800
Rooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot material

Pic or it didn't happen.
Rooster'srule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 06:24 PM   #6
HughDamright
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 1260
HughDamright is developing his combHughDamright is developing his combHughDamright is developing his combHughDamright is developing his combHughDamright is developing his combHughDamright is developing his combHughDamright is developing his combHughDamright is developing his combHughDamright is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSC2013 View Post
I must admit...when I first saw the black helmet I was like meh. It was ok but felt very 2004. The garnet hemlet and top I liked and its very traditional. Was always a fan of the Spurrier era white/garnet/white home look. But now I keep seeing preseason pics w the black/black/white and man...Im liking it more and more.

My apologies for the obvious off season thread theme. Hey...30 more days fellas!!!

But back to it...that uniform combo looks sharp. It looks like something you have to have a man-card in your wallet to wear. Hope we open vs NCSU with that combo.
I heard from a couple neighborhood State fans, with good connections to their football program, that the Wolfpack would be wearing black for our game. With 3pm kickoff in a stadium with little to no breeze I hope that is true. The visitor side lines at BOA stadium will have full sun the entire game. If it is as hot as late August early September can be, I hope we wear all white
HughDamright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 06:29 PM   #7
wincocks84
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 275
wincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot material

White helmet, black top, white pants
wincocks84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 06:57 PM   #8
carolina_corpsman
Household Name

Male

carolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by HughDamright View Post
I heard from a couple neighborhood State fans, with good connections to their football program, that the Wolfpack would be wearing black for our game. With 3pm kickoff in a stadium with little to no breeze I hope that is true. The visitor side lines at BOA stadium will have full sun the entire game. If it is as hot as late August early September can be, I hope we wear all white
I can't imagine wanting to wear all black for a day game in the south.

sounds like white on white on white would be a good combo.
carolina_corpsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 07:26 PM   #9
spurfan93
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 200
spurfan93 is USC mascot materialspurfan93 is USC mascot materialspurfan93 is USC mascot materialspurfan93 is USC mascot materialspurfan93 is USC mascot materialspurfan93 is USC mascot materialspurfan93 is USC mascot materialspurfan93 is USC mascot materialspurfan93 is USC mascot materialspurfan93 is USC mascot materialspurfan93 is USC mascot material

It's just me being picky but to me there's too much white in the jerseys and pants if you're trying to go all black. The combos we wore against A&M and WCU looked better.

Im sure they'll keep switching it up a lot like they did last year, but I kinda want to see us sticking with a couple combinations for both home and away. Still waiting to see garnet helmet, white jerseys and black pants.

That's my uniform hot take.
Old 07-07-2017, 07:31 PM   #10
GregoryHouse
Pompous Ass Hillbilly

Male

CockyCash: 98738147
GregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot material

I don't care if they wear pink tutus as long as they win.

Muschamp believes that recruiting within a five-hour radius of USC, "we can recruit good enough players to win the East every year."
GregoryHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 07:37 PM   #11
cockymac
I was the white shadow.

Male

CockyCash: 1400
cockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregoryHouse View Post
Well, let's don't go too far....
cockymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 07:45 PM   #12
SanAntonioCock
Underestimated

Male

CockyCash: 625794149796
SanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot material

I heard that NC State is already wearing pink tutus.

🐓🏈🐓🏈🐓🏈🐓🏈🐓
SanAntonioCock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 07:49 PM   #13
wincocks84
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 275
wincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot material

They definitely need to fix the garnet helmet, much like how the white helmet is more of a cream color. I like the black helmet, but just not the matte black. While we're at it, make the Carolina bigger on the jerseys like we had with the Russell uni's.
wincocks84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 08:40 PM   #14
Nick29321
6th year senior

Male

CockyCash: 675
Nick29321 rules the CockPitNick29321 rules the CockPitNick29321 rules the CockPitNick29321 rules the CockPitNick29321 rules the CockPitNick29321 rules the CockPitNick29321 rules the CockPitNick29321 rules the CockPitNick29321 rules the CockPitNick29321 rules the CockPitNick29321 rules the CockPit

I like the black garnet black combo against mizzou. Would like to see garnet black garnet also
Isaiah 40:31
Nick29321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 09:12 PM   #15
cocky0
The Slurp

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Fark of the Year Christmas Farking Contest: Christmas Farking Contest - Given for: Winning Farking Contest 
CockyCash: 9900000
cocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to cocky0

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregoryHouse View Post
#TutusUp
Old 07-07-2017, 09:23 PM   #16
SanAntonioCock
Underestimated

Male

CockyCash: 625794149796
SanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocky0 View Post
#TutusUp
Thus could be a problem in the clemson game.

🐓🏈🐓🏈🐓🏈🐓🏈🐓
SanAntonioCock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 09:51 PM   #17
dshocker
THIS SPACE FOR RENT!

Male

dshocker is USC mascot materialdshocker is USC mascot materialdshocker is USC mascot materialdshocker is USC mascot materialdshocker is USC mascot materialdshocker is USC mascot materialdshocker is USC mascot materialdshocker is USC mascot materialdshocker is USC mascot materialdshocker is USC mascot materialdshocker is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to dshocker Send a message via MSN to dshocker

The black matte is sick. Don't change it. Respect the white helmet. I love the white on white on white of the Spurrier era. The garnet helmets need some work.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Old 07-07-2017, 11:12 PM   #18
Serg88
Recruit

Male

Serg88 has earned his spursSerg88 has earned his spursSerg88 has earned his spursSerg88 has earned his spursSerg88 has earned his spursSerg88 has earned his spursSerg88 has earned his spurs

Personally I don't mind how the garnet helmet looks. I also like the solid stripes we've been using for a couple of years now. I read somewhere that the 11 stripes represent the 11 buildings that make up the horseshoe. Only thing I'd get rid of on our unies are the block C logos on the sleeves. I think it's redundant to have the same logo on the helmet and sleeve. Also IMO the minimalistic uniforms look much sharper.
Serg88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 11:27 PM   #19
ThisMr X
Game MVP

Male

ThisMr X rules the CockPitThisMr X rules the CockPitThisMr X rules the CockPitThisMr X rules the CockPitThisMr X rules the CockPitThisMr X rules the CockPitThisMr X rules the CockPitThisMr X rules the CockPitThisMr X rules the CockPitThisMr X rules the CockPitThisMr X rules the CockPit

A matte garnet, like our baseball helmets would be an improvement imo.
Old 07-07-2017, 11:45 PM   #20
Order 66
Ed O'Bannon must pay

Male

CockyCash: 10950385
Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

I expected more uniform threads this offseason.
Order 66 is offline   Reply With Quote