CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
thekob
RGHoskins
Captain9Dragons
MountainCock
Wisercock
TastyLicks
Gamecockman12
SanAntonioCock
kingofnerf
Spur's Addiction
OKST MBB dismisses t (600)
Gamecock Baseball Fa (239)
400 evacuated after (209)
*** USC MBB (9-7, 4- (143)
Total lunar eclipse (52)
*** #15 UofSC WBB (12-4,
Coaching changes
*** USC MBB (9-7, 4-0) @
I wonder if Muschamp and
How Good Can Frank's Team
*** UofSC MBB (8-7, 3-0)
CBB: GAMECOCKS @ COMMODOR
Cannot navigate Gamecocks
No longer USC
OKST MBB dismisses three

Old 01-09-2019, 07:06 PM   #21
Gamecocks0197
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 5500
Gamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Players and Social Media

Quote:
Originally Posted by AikenRooster View Post
Let me reiterate, since I've already iterated: I wouldn't say anything on twitter to anyone that I wouldn't say to them in person, and that even means anyone, including political figures. If I give praise, I do it humbly, and if I criticize, I try to be nice about it and do it in a constructive manner. Most of the time, on Twitter, I am asking questions to get information.

As far as sports players are concerned, the only one I've
ever followed is Marcus Lattimore, because he's an inspiration. I ignore all the recruits and I don't search for any sports players in any sport. The only reason I know what Kinlaw said, is because TheBigSpur and SCSportsTalk keep tweeting him. I don't know why they keep retweeting him, but, yes, he is running off at the mouth and I think he needs to be quiet, but that is my opinion. Obviously, Muschamp doesn't care and neither do you. Y'all say they're busting their asses every day, but, that has been proven not to be the case. They DID NOT use all their practices and they're NOT working hard enough, or else THE SCOREBOARD would reflect differently.

Now, you can be OK with losing, but I'm not. I'm not gonna cuss a player on Twitter or in real life or go up to Columbia and show my ass to anyone, but I'm quietly disappointed about things right now, and I'm gonna express my dislike on here, because that is what this place is for. Hopefully, the players ARE getting mad .... it will be about time they got motivated. That orange and purple team just won their 3rd National and probably 17th Conference championship, while we haven't scores a point in a game and a half.
This is a horrible take. Yes, whatever happened before the Belk Bowl didn't work. No one is proud of that or of losing. But do you really think these players don't give a shit or are lazy? The bowl game was horrible, but we've beaten that dead horse. I go to USC and not a student athlete, but I know for a fact they are busting their asses. Sometimes things don't go your way. That is life. It's going to be fixed. There is so, so much that goes into everything.

But this is what I was referring to. Armchair critics are out here criticizing a bunch of 18-22 years old when they are the ones doing all the work. It's perfectly okay to be upset (for good reasons), but it's good to keep a perspective. Not necessarily you specifically, but in a general sense.
Old 01-09-2019, 07:28 PM   #22
AikenRooster
Most hated poster.

Male

CockyCash: 5399
AikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to AikenRooster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks0197 View Post
This is a horrible take. Yes, whatever happened before the Belk Bowl didn't work. No one is proud of that or of losing. But do you really think these players don't give a shit or are lazy? The bowl game was horrible, but we've beaten that dead horse. I go to USC and not a student athlete, but I know for a fact they are busting their asses. Sometimes things don't go your way. That is life. It's going to be fixed. There is so, so much that goes into everything.

But this is what I was referring to. Armchair critics are out here criticizing a bunch of 18-22 years old when they are the ones doing all the work. It's perfectly okay to be upset (for good reasons), but it's good to keep a perspective. Not necessarily you specifically, but in a general sense.
I've never set foot in a college classroom. I've always assumed that college was very difficult, and I've often wondered how athletes can lift weights, practice, go to class, study film, study, go to church, and not burn out. Of course, I never actually see them with a book and when I listen to some of them talk I don't necessarily understand how they can barely speak English, yet graduate early, but, that's for the professors to decide. I'm still in awe of their athletic ability, AND, the fact that they're getting a degree, because I don't have a degree, not do I have kids. I guess that's why I have contributed monetarily.
In direct response to your comments, if they're working hard enough, then they're simply not talented enough, and we need to quell any higher expectations of them.
Old 01-09-2019, 07:41 PM   #23
CockyInTexas
Blast HardCheese

Male

CockyCash: 700
CockyInTexas is USC mascot materialCockyInTexas is USC mascot materialCockyInTexas is USC mascot materialCockyInTexas is USC mascot materialCockyInTexas is USC mascot materialCockyInTexas is USC mascot materialCockyInTexas is USC mascot materialCockyInTexas is USC mascot materialCockyInTexas is USC mascot materialCockyInTexas is USC mascot materialCockyInTexas is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
One of the best days in my life was the one I deleted FB and Twitter....
Amen to that!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
CockyInTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 08:56 PM   #24
BringBackGarcia
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1000
BringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot material

Adults can do whatever they want on social mediaóbut there are repercussions. Thatís the biggest misconception I think. Youíre free to be a dick, but that also means that I can not hire you or tell you youíre acting like a child.

I get the need for athletes to build brands with social media, but I also think it should probably be done through the public relations department.
BringBackGarcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 09:32 PM   #25
GregoryHouse
Pompous Ass Hillbilly

Male

CockyCash: 5003673
GregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringBackGarcia View Post
Adults can do whatever they want on social mediaóbut there are repercussions. Thatís the biggest misconception I think. Youíre free to be a dick, but that also means that I can not hire you or tell you youíre acting like a child.

I get the need for athletes to build brands with social media, but I also think it should probably be done through the public relations department.
Yeah...I mean all people should really understand that social media can be a face tattoo if you are not anonymous. It will stay with you forever, forever, forever...

Old 01-09-2019, 09:39 PM   #26
2k15
Music Lover

Male

CockyCash: 2016201620162000
2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by turp75 View Post
Maybe they should worry less about tweeting and spend some extra time improving their skills related to the game of football.
Shut up.

Please.
Old 01-09-2019, 11:56 PM   #27
GeoCocky66
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 21978
GeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spur's Addiction View Post
Nothing good ever comes of twitter.

Really, the only thing I can say to that is:

Know KIf eq

A

we

apq [IMG]
Was
Mwbaraaav
A

LT
Let
A
Hey wQlpr[/IMG]w
GeoCocky66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 12:14 AM   #28
Order 66
Ed O'Bannon must pay

Male

CockyCash: 10950385
Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

Social media really brings out the assholes.

That said, they should expect a fair amount of negativity after that bowl game performance. I would stay off social media, and ghost my account until after baseball starts up. The trolls are out in force after what happened Monday. I’ve unfollowed a lot of orange since then.
Order 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 07:55 AM   #29
Nureye
White helmets rule

Male

CockyCash: 6465
Nureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot material

Twitter is like smoking in bars and restaurants used to be.

20 years from now we will look back and wonder how it was ever a thing. It’s obnoxious, unhealthy, and should’ve been stopped long ago.

Last edited by Nureye; 01-10-2019 at 09:44 PM..
Nureye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 09:31 AM   #30
cocky0

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Fark of the Year Christmas Farking Contest: Christmas Farking Contest - Given for: Winning Farking Contest 
CockyCash: 10100000
cocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to cocky0

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoCocky66 View Post
Know KIf eq

A

we

apq [IMG]
Was
Mwbaraaav
A

LT
Let
A
Hey wQlpr[/IMG]w

Old 01-10-2019, 09:54 AM   #31
Rooster'srule
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 985410
Rooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot material

Quote:

Establish a class and make it a prerequisite
Rooster'srule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 09:58 AM   #32
Rooster'srule
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 985410
Rooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Order 66;5326412[B
]Social media really brings out the assholes[/B].

That said, they should expect a fair amount of negativity after that bowl game performance. I would stay off social media, and ghost my account until after baseball starts up. The trolls are out in force after what happened Monday. I’ve unfollowed a lot of orange since then.
LOL! Assholes in my day did not need social media. They are just more people today. The law of averages brings them out
Rooster'srule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 10:08 AM   #33
Jack Garnet
Mostly Sarcastic

Male

CockyCash: 5662
Jack Garnet rules the CockPitJack Garnet rules the CockPitJack Garnet rules the CockPitJack Garnet rules the CockPitJack Garnet rules the CockPitJack Garnet rules the CockPitJack Garnet rules the CockPitJack Garnet rules the CockPitJack Garnet rules the CockPitJack Garnet rules the CockPitJack Garnet rules the CockPit

Social media was alright until the old people discovered it.
Jack Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 10:18 AM   #34
thekob
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 100700
thekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Garnet View Post
Social media was alright until the old people discovered it.
FB was great until it was monetized. Not that I blame them.
thekob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 10:25 AM   #35
BringBackGarcia
Starter

Male

BringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekob View Post
FB was great until it was monetized. Not that I blame them.

It's not just Facebook. The entire industry--google, facebook, apple--is built on selling the consumer a product they don't really need or at the very least is just a convenience, and then selling the consumer to advertisers.

Everything, and I mean everything, you do online is recorded and mined for data. Or bitcoin mining.
Old 01-10-2019, 10:38 AM   #36
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101850400
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nureye View Post
Twitter is like smoking in bars and restaurants used to be.

20 years from now we will look back and wonder how it was ever a thing. It obnoxious, unhealthy, and shouldíve been stopped long ago.
F that.

Twitter is the best social media platform by far.
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 11:50 AM   #37
SheckWes
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
SheckWes rules the CockPitSheckWes rules the CockPitSheckWes rules the CockPitSheckWes rules the CockPitSheckWes rules the CockPitSheckWes rules the CockPitSheckWes rules the CockPitSheckWes rules the CockPitSheckWes rules the CockPitSheckWes rules the CockPitSheckWes rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockypantherfan View Post
F that.

Twitter is the best social media platform by far.
I have to agree.
Not for the random Joes that never went to Carolina telling st kids.
But when you follow verified news sources that do just that, report the news in very quick blurbs.

Like right now during NFL and College coaches hirings and firings , itís very helpful.
Old 01-10-2019, 12:01 PM   #38
BringBackGarcia
Starter

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheckWes View Post
I have to agree.
Not for the random Joes that never went to Carolina telling st kids.
But when you follow verified news sources that do just that, report the news in very quick blurbs.

Like right now during NFL and College coaches hirings and firings , itís very helpful.

That is the most dangerous and concerning thing about social media. Even verified news sources are bowing down to the clickbait, shock headlines.

Sports, that's fine, but something like real world news cannot and should not be boiled down into a few sentences or even a 200 word article. These are complex issues with multiple points of views and angles to be considered. By all means, keep up with the headlines, but for the story, indepth and investigative journalism should be the gold standard--not the outlier.
Old 01-10-2019, 12:02 PM   #39
SheckWes
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
SheckWes rules the CockPitSheckWes rules the CockPitSheckWes rules the CockPitSheckWes rules the CockPitSheckWes rules the CockPitSheckWes rules the CockPitSheckWes rules the CockPitSheckWes rules the CockPitSheckWes rules the CockPitSheckWes rules the CockPitSheckWes rules the CockPit

Quote:
That is the most dangerous and concerning thing about social media. Even verified news sources are bowing down to the clickbait, shock headlines.

Sports, that's fine, but something like real world news cannot and should not be boiled down into a few sentences or even a 200 word article. These are complex issues with multiple points of views and angles to be considered. By all means, keep up with the headlines, but for the story, indepth and investigative journalism should be the gold standard--not the outlier.
Oh i just follow sports so I donít really have that issue
Old 01-10-2019, 12:13 PM   #40
CockNJersey
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 5533
CockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot material

I’m more concerned with how the University uses social media if UofSC is what they’re going to be putting out there.
CockNJersey is offline   Reply With Quote