CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
thekob
RGHoskins
Captain9Dragons
MountainCock
Wisercock
TastyLicks
Gamecockman12
SanAntonioCock
kingofnerf
Spur's Addiction
OKST MBB dismisses t (594)
Gamecock Baseball Fa (237)
400 evacuated after (205)
*** USC MBB (9-7, 4- (132)
Total lunar eclipse (43)
*** #15 UofSC WBB (12-4,
Coaching changes
*** USC MBB (9-7, 4-0) @
I wonder if Muschamp and
How Good Can Frank's Team
*** UofSC MBB (8-7, 3-0)
CBB: GAMECOCKS @ COMMODOR
Cannot navigate Gamecocks
No longer USC
OKST MBB dismisses three

Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2018, 05:15 PM   #21
ACPhilson
Really hates Orange Teams

Male

CockyCash: 899700
ACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2018 Vent Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSC2013 View Post
2018 haha? We’re going 5-7 in 2019

Enjoy this winning season!
Are you counting one of those 5 wins the App State game?

https://i.imgur.com/oXRPWTA.gif
Old 12-29-2018, 05:18 PM   #22
Roosterboy
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockinILL View Post
anybody hear the Fenton decided not to play the 2nd half? Dude had no business playing anyway, but that is total garbage if he did.
If true it is a bad look.
The difference from him and Deebo is that Samuel said from the outset he was sitting out and has life-changing money on the line.

With Fenton, he could have sat out and it would have been understandable...but when you commit to play, and take practice reps and then quit halfway through, that is giving up on your team.

Again, it is very foggy and close on the two scenarios...that is just how I see it.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Old 12-29-2018, 05:19 PM   #23
ACPhilson
Really hates Orange Teams

Male

CockyCash: 899700
ACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatlighting View Post
We need a new AD immediately, and he needs to be a football first guy who comes in and tightens so many screws that our coaches look like long tailed cats in a room full of rocking chairs come spring. Then it needs to “be put up or shut up” as the slogan next year instead of “all sharts and no brakes.” Winning in the major sports is all that matters. Not loyalty. Not nice guys. Not catch phrases. “Winning isn’t everything” or “it’s just a game” is great to tell your 9 year old when he loses a meaningless little league game. It’s just plain lying when you’ve got 18-22 year olds playing in a multi-billion dollar sport that we’ve been asked to contribute more and more money to each year in hopes of seeing a better outcome. It either matters or it doesn’t. It doesn’t matter enough to Ray.

Ahem, THIS ^.

https://i.imgur.com/oXRPWTA.gif
Old 12-29-2018, 05:19 PM   #24
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101850400
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Better get our shit together and attack the off season and be hungry in 2019. Injuries absolutely killed us this season.

Have they said how bad Horn’s injury is? Really need him to be healthy to go through spring ball and off season lifting.
Old 12-29-2018, 05:22 PM   #25
cockyboy
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 3111
cockyboy rules the CockPitcockyboy rules the CockPitcockyboy rules the CockPitcockyboy rules the CockPitcockyboy rules the CockPitcockyboy rules the CockPitcockyboy rules the CockPitcockyboy rules the CockPitcockyboy rules the CockPitcockyboy rules the CockPitcockyboy rules the CockPit

I was one of the first people to say that we should bench JB. I got flamed and got my threads shut down. JB is just not a championship level QB. I would have liked to have seen Joyner for most of the second half.
Old 12-29-2018, 05:26 PM   #26
castironcock
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
castironcock has earned his spurscastironcock has earned his spurscastironcock has earned his spurscastironcock has earned his spurscastironcock has earned his spurscastironcock has earned his spurscastironcock has earned his spurs

I've been a Muchamp fan from day one. But right now, if he refuses to allow backups to play when starters suck, THEN HE NEEDS TO BE FIRED!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM SO SICK OF WATCHING HIM ALLOW JAKE TO LOSE GAMES FOR US, AND THEN HEAR HIM SAY HOW HE WISHES HE COULD GET THOSE BACKUPS SOME PLAYING TIME, AND GAME EXPERIENCE. Pathetic!!!
Honestly, I don't know how he kept Hilinski in the fold, after seeing him screw over SCarneccia most of the year. As I was growing up playing football, and other sports, it was the STANDARD that if you don't perform, you WOULD GET BENCHED!!!!!! And it made us play hard to keep our starting position. But now, they are so afraid of hurting the starters feelings... RIDICULOUS!!!!!
Bentley needs to be BENCHED! With the exception of the CU game, he has been horrible!!!!!
Turner should have been in the rb rotation today. He is the hardest running rb we have right now, with Mon right behind him, or tied. I don't understand this coaching staff allowing players who are playing crappy to continue playing??? They continually talk about being tough and physical, but in truth they are S O F T ! ! ! ! ! ! ! The S&C program is underachieving. Our players can't go three plays without getting hurt. And we consistently get pushed around by lesser, smaller teams who just want it more. Something needs to change next year, or there should be mass firings...
Old 12-29-2018, 05:30 PM   #27
spareparts
Hole in 1

Male

CockyCash: 1000618
spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material

“WE GOT OURSELVES A GAMECOCK!!!”
Old 12-29-2018, 05:31 PM   #28
LegalCock
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 8000
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

Fenton quit at halftime? Nice "culture."
Old 12-29-2018, 05:32 PM   #29
carolina2010
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 45344
carolina2010 rules the CockPitcarolina2010 rules the CockPitcarolina2010 rules the CockPitcarolina2010 rules the CockPitcarolina2010 rules the CockPitcarolina2010 rules the CockPitcarolina2010 rules the CockPitcarolina2010 rules the CockPitcarolina2010 rules the CockPitcarolina2010 rules the CockPitcarolina2010 rules the CockPit

We play way too many walk ons.. need more depth
Old 12-29-2018, 05:32 PM   #30
cockyguitar
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 100500
cockyguitar rules the CockPitcockyguitar rules the CockPitcockyguitar rules the CockPitcockyguitar rules the CockPitcockyguitar rules the CockPitcockyguitar rules the CockPitcockyguitar rules the CockPitcockyguitar rules the CockPitcockyguitar rules the CockPitcockyguitar rules the CockPitcockyguitar rules the CockPit

Quote:
We need a new AD immediately, and he needs to be a football first guy who comes in and tightens so many screws that our coaches look like long tailed cats in a room full of rocking chairs come spring. Then it needs to “be put up or shut up” as the slogan next year instead of “all sharts and no brakes.” Winning in the major sports is all that matters. Not loyalty. Not nice guys. Not catch phrases. “Winning isn’t everything” or “it’s just a game” is great to tell your 9 year old when he loses a meaningless little league game. It’s just plain lying when you’ve got 18-22 year olds playing in a multi-billion dollar sport that we’ve been asked to contribute more and more money to each year in hopes of seeing a better outcome. It either matters or it doesn’t. It doesn’t matter enough to Ray.

Yes! Ray has been a terrible AD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-29-2018, 05:36 PM   #31
manic52001
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
manic52001 is sharpening his clawsmanic52001 is sharpening his clawsmanic52001 is sharpening his clawsmanic52001 is sharpening his clawsmanic52001 is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockyguitar View Post
Yes! Ray has been a terrible AD.

He certainly apprears to have failed on two hires. So yeah.

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk
Old 12-29-2018, 05:36 PM   #32
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101850400
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

nm
Old 12-29-2018, 05:38 PM   #33
southerntramp
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 5500
southerntramp is USC mascot materialsoutherntramp is USC mascot materialsoutherntramp is USC mascot materialsoutherntramp is USC mascot materialsoutherntramp is USC mascot materialsoutherntramp is USC mascot materialsoutherntramp is USC mascot materialsoutherntramp is USC mascot materialsoutherntramp is USC mascot materialsoutherntramp is USC mascot materialsoutherntramp is USC mascot material

Quote:
Yep!
Old 12-29-2018, 05:40 PM   #34
manic52001
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
manic52001 is sharpening his clawsmanic52001 is sharpening his clawsmanic52001 is sharpening his clawsmanic52001 is sharpening his clawsmanic52001 is sharpening his claws

So all things said this was a terrible year of football. NOTHING to look at and say we improved in X area.

Things better turn around next year or Ray and boom need to go. I hate to say "next year" but itbis exactly what it is. Atleast we are doing well in recruiting bringing in reasonable talent.

This year just deflated me as a fan......... straight up. I have nothing good to say about it.

Old 12-29-2018, 05:51 PM   #35
treyno2722
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 10400
treyno2722 is USC mascot materialtreyno2722 is USC mascot materialtreyno2722 is USC mascot materialtreyno2722 is USC mascot materialtreyno2722 is USC mascot materialtreyno2722 is USC mascot materialtreyno2722 is USC mascot materialtreyno2722 is USC mascot materialtreyno2722 is USC mascot materialtreyno2722 is USC mascot materialtreyno2722 is USC mascot material

I really don't see Carolina even going to a bowl game next year. The schedule is definitely not favorable for one.

https://gamecocksonline.com/schedule.aspx?schedule=492

Only winnable games: App State, Vandy, Charleston Southern, NC (?), UK (?), UT (?), and Mizzou (?). Not much room for error.
Old 12-29-2018, 05:52 PM   #36
SCohioBoy
Buckle up, BOOM Comin'

Male

CockyCash: 16418
SCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuCockyfan View Post
YOU'RE adorable

Autocorrect isn’t my friend but doesn’t change the fact you are a gator

Old 12-29-2018, 05:54 PM   #37
Wisercock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 20000
Wisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot material

Did our staff's coaching IQ go backwards since the first half of the Akron game or has everyone figured out our offense? (And BMac)
Old 12-29-2018, 05:54 PM   #38
Karaoke_Jesus
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 625
Karaoke_Jesus is USC mascot materialKaraoke_Jesus is USC mascot materialKaraoke_Jesus is USC mascot materialKaraoke_Jesus is USC mascot materialKaraoke_Jesus is USC mascot materialKaraoke_Jesus is USC mascot materialKaraoke_Jesus is USC mascot materialKaraoke_Jesus is USC mascot materialKaraoke_Jesus is USC mascot materialKaraoke_Jesus is USC mascot materialKaraoke_Jesus is USC mascot material

Any source for the rumor that Carolina didn’t utilize all of their bowl practices? I haven’t been able to find one
Old 12-29-2018, 05:55 PM   #39
Roosterboy
1st Team All-American

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by manic52001 View Post
So all things said this was a terrible year of football. NOTHING to look at and say we improved in X area.

Things better turn around next year or Ray and boom need to go. I hate to say "next year" but itbis exactly what it is. Atleast we are doing well in recruiting bringing in reasonable talent.

This year just deflated me as a fan......... straight up. I have nothing good to say about it.

The only positive is that our young defenders got A LOT of experience this year. Other than that, the offense was a complete letdown for most of the year, and I point much of that to Bentley and the Oline unable to open the running game.

I still point to Bentley's last two games...pathetic showing. Been pathetic with the exception of the Ole Miss and Clemson game...which, only won one of those.
Two-time National Champs

Old 12-29-2018, 05:56 PM   #40
Roosterboy
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karaoke_Jesus View Post
Any source for the rumor that Carolina didn’t utilize all of their bowl practices? I haven’t been able to find one
Believe that is true....if so, that is inexcusable...the whole upside to a bowl is the extra practices you get.
Two-time National Champs

Closed Thread