CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
thekob
RGHoskins
Captain9Dragons
MountainCock
Wisercock
TastyLicks
Gamecockman12
SanAntonioCock
kingofnerf
Spur's Addiction
OKST MBB dismisses t (594)
Gamecock Baseball Fa (237)
400 evacuated after (205)
*** USC MBB (9-7, 4- (132)
Total lunar eclipse (43)
*** #15 UofSC WBB (12-4,
Coaching changes
*** USC MBB (9-7, 4-0) @
I wonder if Muschamp and
How Good Can Frank's Team
*** UofSC MBB (8-7, 3-0)
CBB: GAMECOCKS @ COMMODOR
Cannot navigate Gamecocks
No longer USC
OKST MBB dismisses three

Old 01-01-2019, 01:05 AM   #61
USCharleston2
Veteran

Male

CockyCash: 450
USCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPit
Default Re: Bright spots from Belk Bowl...for real

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Dilcock View Post

I am very disappointed in the finish to 2018 - but that means there is even more reason to be positive for 2019.

Until you take a look at the actual 2019 schedule and realize that the degree of difficulty increases exponentially... This year will have been easier by far.

I liked the way Spurrier was honest with us when telling us how the team actually practiced the week before games. If we practiced like crap he would say it, no holding back. I cannot remember once CWM telling us the team practiced like crap. We ALWAYS had great practices. And when gametime comes, we play like crap. Setting the fans up for disappointment.

Hopefully, Coach changes his views on Bowl Games and stop looking at it as a REWARD. A reward for playing mediocre all year just to get embarrassed on national television. Most coaches see it as an opportunity to get better and expose the team to fans and potential recruits all over so they take it seriously.

I pray this debacle is really a wake-up call to the coaches and it trickles down to the players. This was embarrassing!
USCharleston2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 01:58 AM   #62
beak2
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 5500
beak2 rules the CockPitbeak2 rules the CockPitbeak2 rules the CockPitbeak2 rules the CockPitbeak2 rules the CockPitbeak2 rules the CockPitbeak2 rules the CockPitbeak2 rules the CockPitbeak2 rules the CockPitbeak2 rules the CockPitbeak2 rules the CockPit

None that I saw. One of the most disappointing games I have seen in a long time. Starting to change my mind about Coach Boom. I see only 4 or 5 wins next year against that schedule.
And not playing another QB when the game was out of reach was stupid, IMO. The other quarterbacks need experience for next year if Jake should go down with an injury.
beak2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 09:54 AM   #63
Flameout12
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by beak2 View Post
And not playing another QB when the game was out of reach was stupid, IMO.
Yup....or maybe shows a lack of class. Our backup should have gotten a chance. There's something wrong here.
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 11:15 AM   #64
Roosterboy
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by beak2 View Post
None that I saw. One of the most disappointing games I have seen in a long time. Starting to change my mind about Coach Boom. I see only 4 or 5 wins next year against that schedule.
And not playing another QB when the game was out of reach was stupid, IMO. The other quarterbacks need experience for next year if Jake should go down with an injury.
Oh by no means am I polishing a turd.
That showing, especially on offense, was pathetic.

But, I did see some players who were playing well and working their butts off...wanted to throw them some recognition.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 05:42 PM   #65
scfanz
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 5000
scfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot material

The only bright spots after the Belk Bowl were the tail lights heading out of Charlotte.
scfanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 06:43 PM   #66
Order 66
Ed O'Bannon must pay

Male

CockyCash: 10950385
Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

Maybe, just maybe, we propel UVA into an outstanding 2019 season and they give Clemson a game.
Order 66 is offline   Reply With Quote