CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
thekob
RGHoskins
Captain9Dragons
MountainCock
Wisercock
TastyLicks
Gamecockman12
SanAntonioCock
kingofnerf
Spur's Addiction
OKST MBB dismisses t (594)
Gamecock Baseball Fa (237)
400 evacuated after (205)
*** USC MBB (9-7, 4- (132)
Total lunar eclipse (43)
*** #15 UofSC WBB (12-4,
Coaching changes
*** USC MBB (9-7, 4-0) @
I wonder if Muschamp and
How Good Can Frank's Team
*** UofSC MBB (8-7, 3-0)
CBB: GAMECOCKS @ COMMODOR
Cannot navigate Gamecocks
No longer USC
OKST MBB dismisses three

Old 12-31-2018, 01:57 PM   #1
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
CockyCash: 20200
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material
Default Offense

It's hard to get a grip on how I feel about the Offense. Even while under Roper I felt we had tools all over the field, but a lot was being left out there due to lack of execution. Plays would be there, but Jake would over throw the receiver. Holes would be open, but the back would run into the line.

When he named BMac the OC I was very skeptical. I thought it was an awfully ballsy move to promote a first time coordinator after the Offense was the main issue for him losing his first job. I believe we had Werner on the line when that move was made which made it a lot easier decision.

Looking at total Offense though ... maybe it wasn't a terrible promotion after all.

2016 - rank 104, total yards 4,518, avg per game 348, points per game 20.8
2017 - rank 102, total yards 4,382, avg per game 337, points per game 24.2
2018 - rank 40, total yards 5,543, avg per game 426, points per game 30.1

Just looking at the numbers, you can't really be upset with the changes made from Roper to Bmac. It's just again, you saw so many plays and so many chances missed. Now, was it bad passes by Bentley, was it drops by the receivers, was it missed gaps by the backs? We have some talent on Offense, but the consistency was just still not there.

Hell, those numbers are with crapping the bed against Virginia, not doing hardly anything against Akron, and a bazillion dropped passes against Kentucky and aTm.

Since everybody is comparing him to Spurrier ... we'll take a look at Spurrier's peak seasons Offenses. Again, this is Steve Spurrier, Offense Guru.

2011 - rank 61, total yards 4,856, avg per game 374, points per game 30.1
2012 - rank 76, total yards 4,895, avg per game 377, points per game 31.5
2013 - rank 34, total yards 5,880, avg per game 452, points per game 34.1
2014 - rank 36, total yards 5,754, avg per game 443, points per game 32.6

The main and biggest difference is the final column and where I believe the problem with these (Muschamp's) Offenses has been ... points per game.

When Spurrier's Offenses got down in the Redzone, they scored touchdowns. He even said time and time again, the reason we won ball games is because when we got down there we got 7 and not 3s.

The play calling, no matter who's called the plays the last 3 years, in the redzone has been absolutely mind blowing at times. Saturday we kept trying to run this toss play that took forever to happen and was obvious to anyone with eyes. Every single time we ran it they had 3 guys on the back immediately. We got down in the redzone, and that was the first play we ran for a negative 3. We just get down there and seem to have absolutely no creativity whatsoever.

For me, that should be the biggest focus going into the Offseason for 2019. Develop redzone plays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoovecock View Post
I agree with Cack.
cack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 02:07 PM   #2
CockNJersey
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 5533
CockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot material
Default Re: Offense

I agree our offense seemed to improve this year, but it's hard to explain how we performed against Akron and UVA and in other key moments throughout the season.
CockNJersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 02:12 PM   #3
gamecock1116
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
gamecock1116 is USC mascot materialgamecock1116 is USC mascot materialgamecock1116 is USC mascot materialgamecock1116 is USC mascot materialgamecock1116 is USC mascot materialgamecock1116 is USC mascot materialgamecock1116 is USC mascot materialgamecock1116 is USC mascot materialgamecock1116 is USC mascot materialgamecock1116 is USC mascot materialgamecock1116 is USC mascot material

The difference was a QB with touch and playmaking ability. In the Spurrier years we had Garcia and Shaw who the defense had to account for Jake's not a playmaker

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 12-31-2018, 02:27 PM   #4
gamecock88
BMF

Male

CockyCash: 3625498
gamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot material

We don’t have an offensive identity nor an actual OC. HS Offensive players aren’t sitting and watching our games and saying, “I want to be apart of that”. We will get a few talented players here and there but on average it will be mediocre until we have a clear scheme with what we are trying to do. Game planning is still average at best. In game adjustments to what is or away from what isn’t working is virtually non existent. Tanner handing out raises of any type was a joke. Fans and those in the program got all jacked up by a loss to Clemson where the offense moved the ball virtually at ease and got carried away yet again expecting that fluke to continue. Makes about as much sense as promoting a baseball coach to anything other than being a baseball coach. Embarrassing on many levels how small minded this program continues to be.
gamecock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 02:40 PM   #5
crowcutta
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 6000
crowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot material

iono if we saw something on film, but that shotgun pitch play never had a chance yet we continued to run it. the other problem in the bowl game is i dont think we committed to the run enough early and should have involved jake in a designed run or two early. we got in some spots before the game was out of reach where it seemed like we were asking too much out of the qb.

the offense had a very good overall year, iono what happened the last 6 quarters but they need to figure it out in the offseason. including either benching the qb if hes not getting it done or putting in a mobile qb to help out the running game.
crowcutta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 03:44 PM   #6
Absfract
World Traveler

Male

CockyCash: 3000
Absfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPit

Aside from Jake's and the WR inconsistencies... which is a huge problem.

Our running game is abysmal... it has never bailed us out in any big games. Every 3rd and 2 is a nail biter... and in those situations we seem to run the same plays up the middle that were stuffed in previous attempts expecting different results. Play action pass? Can't catch the ball.

With the exception of Mon Denson, Shi Smith, Bryan Edwards and the TE's.... we need new blood at all positions that touch the football ASAP.
Absfract is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 08:36 PM   #7
LegalCock
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 8000
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

Ball coach would have no problems getting in the zone with edwards and our tight ends. Of that I have no doubt.
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 08:42 PM   #8
JoeMorrisonLives
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 3000
JoeMorrisonLives is crowing loudlyJoeMorrisonLives is crowing loudlyJoeMorrisonLives is crowing loudlyJoeMorrisonLives is crowing loudlyJoeMorrisonLives is crowing loudlyJoeMorrisonLives is crowing loudlyJoeMorrisonLives is crowing loudlyJoeMorrisonLives is crowing loudlyJoeMorrisonLives is crowing loudlyJoeMorrisonLives is crowing loudlyJoeMorrisonLives is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by cack View Post
It's hard to get a grip on how I feel about the Offense. Even while under Roper I felt we had tools all over the field, but a lot was being left out there due to lack of execution. Plays would be there, but Jake would over throw the receiver. Holes would be open, but the back would run into the line.

When he named BMac the OC I was very skeptical. I thought it was an awfully ballsy move to promote a first time coordinator after the Offense was the main issue for him losing his first job. I believe we had Werner on the line when that move was made which made it a lot easier decision.

Looking at total Offense though ... maybe it wasn't a terrible promotion after all.

2016 - rank 104, total yards 4,518, avg per game 348, points per game 20.8
2017 - rank 102, total yards 4,382, avg per game 337, points per game 24.2
2018 - rank 40, total yards 5,543, avg per game 426, points per game 30.1

Just looking at the numbers, you can't really be upset with the changes made from Roper to Bmac. It's just again, you saw so many plays and so many chances missed. Now, was it bad passes by Bentley, was it drops by the receivers, was it missed gaps by the backs? We have some talent on Offense, but the consistency was just still not there.

Hell, those numbers are with crapping the bed against Virginia, not doing hardly anything against Akron, and a bazillion dropped passes against Kentucky and aTm.

Since everybody is comparing him to Spurrier ... we'll take a look at Spurrier's peak seasons Offenses. Again, this is Steve Spurrier, Offense Guru.

2011 - rank 61, total yards 4,856, avg per game 374, points per game 30.1
2012 - rank 76, total yards 4,895, avg per game 377, points per game 31.5
2013 - rank 34, total yards 5,880, avg per game 452, points per game 34.1
2014 - rank 36, total yards 5,754, avg per game 443, points per game 32.6

The main and biggest difference is the final column and where I believe the problem with these (Muschamp's) Offenses has been ... points per game.

When Spurrier's Offenses got down in the Redzone, they scored touchdowns. He even said time and time again, the reason we won ball games is because when we got down there we got 7 and not 3s.

The play calling, no matter who's called the plays the last 3 years, in the redzone has been absolutely mind blowing at times. Saturday we kept trying to run this toss play that took forever to happen and was obvious to anyone with eyes. Every single time we ran it they had 3 guys on the back immediately. We got down in the redzone, and that was the first play we ran for a negative 3. We just get down there and seem to have absolutely no creativity whatsoever.

For me, that should be the biggest focus going into the Offseason for 2019. Develop redzone plays.
First time I saw that toss play it pissed me off, it was a break from our philosophy and clearly wasn't a Winkle that stumped them.
JoeMorrisonLives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 08:45 PM   #9
Cockin It
Latti Light

Male

CockyCash: 5500
Cockin It rules the CockPitCockin It rules the CockPitCockin It rules the CockPitCockin It rules the CockPitCockin It rules the CockPitCockin It rules the CockPitCockin It rules the CockPitCockin It rules the CockPitCockin It rules the CockPitCockin It rules the CockPitCockin It rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absfract View Post
Aside from Jake's and the WR inconsistencies... which is a huge problem.

Our running game is abysmal... it has never bailed us out in any big games. Every 3rd and 2 is a nail biter... and in those situations we seem to run the same plays up the middle that were stuffed in previous attempts expecting different results. Play action pass? Can't catch the ball.

With the exception of Mon Denson, Shi Smith, Bryan Edwards and the TE's.... we need new blood at all positions that touch the football ASAP.
This has bothered me since we lost Mike Davis. I don't feel like we've had a legitimate #1 RB in years and am unsure why. I know GA has been stockpiling, but there has to be at least one quality back that we can steal from someone.

Cockin It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 10:09 PM   #10
Lalli25
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 200
Lalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMorrisonLives View Post
First time I saw that toss play it pissed me off, it was a break from our philosophy and clearly wasn't a Winkle that stumped them.
What killed me was when we ran that play back to back on 2nd and 3rd and short. On 3rd being into the boundary with no room to get to the edge. In general, we loved running wide into the boundary. If I know this, clearly uva and other Dís knew it. As much as everyone talked about spurrierís fun and gun, he knew a run game was imperative to successful O.

We need a new O scheme not just tweaking like we did last year.
Lalli25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 01:44 AM   #11
cockyboy
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 3111
cockyboy rules the CockPitcockyboy rules the CockPitcockyboy rules the CockPitcockyboy rules the CockPitcockyboy rules the CockPitcockyboy rules the CockPitcockyboy rules the CockPitcockyboy rules the CockPitcockyboy rules the CockPitcockyboy rules the CockPitcockyboy rules the CockPit

We had a top 40 offense with the most inconsistent QB play I've ever seen, and some of you still think we have an OC problem? Lol
cockyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 02:08 AM   #12
PalmettoG27
Kryptonian

Male

PalmettoG27 is USC mascot materialPalmettoG27 is USC mascot materialPalmettoG27 is USC mascot materialPalmettoG27 is USC mascot materialPalmettoG27 is USC mascot materialPalmettoG27 is USC mascot materialPalmettoG27 is USC mascot materialPalmettoG27 is USC mascot materialPalmettoG27 is USC mascot materialPalmettoG27 is USC mascot materialPalmettoG27 is USC mascot material

If you can’t get a grip on how you feel about offense watch the 2018 Belk Bowl. Carolina Vs. UVA... as you will see.... Our offense is completely inept.
PalmettoG27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 02:12 AM   #13
gotrice?
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 20020
gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gotrice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmettoG27 View Post
If you can’t get a grip on how you feel about offense watch the 2018 Belk Bowl. Our offense is completely inept.
Or watch the Clemson game or the Ole Miss game. The results of the season say our offense was actually above average this year. One god awful game to close the season doesn't change that.
gotrice? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 02:23 AM   #14
Carolina4eva
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
Carolina4eva is crowing loudlyCarolina4eva is crowing loudlyCarolina4eva is crowing loudlyCarolina4eva is crowing loudlyCarolina4eva is crowing loudlyCarolina4eva is crowing loudlyCarolina4eva is crowing loudlyCarolina4eva is crowing loudlyCarolina4eva is crowing loudlyCarolina4eva is crowing loudlyCarolina4eva is crowing loudly

If it was 2012 and Spurrier was our coach with the current players on offense we would be unstoppable. That man would be slinging it all around the field. With that said I do think BMAC has the potential to be a good OC. He just doesn’t have the feel yet to pull the right strings at the right time. Some guys get it and some guys dont. Hopefully he gets it next year

Army National Guard
Carolina4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 02:24 AM   #15
USCharleston2
Veteran

Male

CockyCash: 450
USCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockyboy View Post
We had a top 40 offense with the most inconsistent QB play I've ever seen, and some of you still think we have an OC problem? Lol
I chuckle as well. Imagine if our QB was consistent and our WRs caught the balls that hit them in both hands. We'd be even better than 40th.

I think CWM took a page out of Spurrier's book and and decided that he and his staff could slack off. Not on the recruiting trail tho, they decided to slack off on bowl prep. All those extra practice time we were given that could've installed some new wrinkles on offense and defense plus go over some basics (tackling and catching). WASTED
USCharleston2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 02:29 AM   #16
PalmettoG27
Kryptonian

Male

PalmettoG27 is USC mascot materialPalmettoG27 is USC mascot materialPalmettoG27 is USC mascot materialPalmettoG27 is USC mascot materialPalmettoG27 is USC mascot materialPalmettoG27 is USC mascot materialPalmettoG27 is USC mascot materialPalmettoG27 is USC mascot materialPalmettoG27 is USC mascot materialPalmettoG27 is USC mascot materialPalmettoG27 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotrice? View Post
Or watch the Clemson game or the Ole Miss game. The results of the season say our offense was actually above average this year. One god awful game to close the season doesn't change that.
And pretend that Clemson was playing us like we were an actual threat? We were playing their 3rd stringers and they had control of the entire game.

I have always been supportive of WM up until the Belk Bowl. Explain Florida coming back from 20 points, why the **** can’t we beat Kentucky and why the hell couldnt we score against UVA? Oh, but we beat ol miss who sucks! An SEC win! Whooooo hooo! What an ELITE world beater offense. Even with our great stats saying the offense is above average? Average to whAt? we are nowhere on the radar as far as being RANKED or relevant

Last edited by PalmettoG27; 01-01-2019 at 02:56 AM..
Old 01-01-2019, 02:53 AM   #17
gotrice?
Heisman Candidate

Male

gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material

Quote:
And pretend that Clemson was playing us like we were an actual threat? We were playing their 3rd stringers and they had control of the entire game.

I have always been supportive of WM up until the Belk Bowl. Explain Florida coming back from 20 points, why the **** can’t we beat Kentucky and why the hell couldnt we score against UVA? Oh, but we beat ol miss? An SEC win! Whooooo hooo! This is an ELITE world beater offense.... ok seriously, better then when 2015 or 2016 ‘at times’.
We scored 31 against UF that was lost due to health issues on defense. Put up 40+ on Ole Miss and Vandy. 37 on Mizzou. We failed to reach 20 points only 3 times on the season. Let's call it what it is, we had a craptastic close to the year, that doesn't change the fact we had offensive success far more often than we didn't. Blowing the Belk Bowl out of proportion seems to be the most popular thing to do right now. It's a mid level bowl game, there are always a few teams that fail to show up each year and we were one of them this year. It isn't the first time that's happened (UCONN and Iowa in back to back years ring any bells?) and it won't be the last time in the history of the program either. The only thing this changes is we'll have the opposite of last year where most people (myself included) got too high on the team after the Michigan win and now on the flip side most people are going to get way too low on the team after UVA.
Old 01-01-2019, 03:16 AM   #18
PalmettoG27
Kryptonian

Male

Quote:
We scored 31 against UF that was lost due to health issues on defense. Put up 40+ on Ole Miss and Vandy. 37 on Mizzou. We failed to reach 20 points only 3 times on the season. Let's call it what it is, we had a craptastic close to the year, that doesn't change the fact we had offensive success far more often than we didn't. Blowing the Belk Bowl out of proportion seems to be the most popular thing to do right now. It's a mid level bowl game, there are always a few teams that fail to show up each year and we were one of them this year. It isn't the first time that's happened (UCONN and Iowa in back to back years ring any bells?) and it won't be the last time in the history of the program either. The only thing this changes is we'll have the opposite of last year where most people (myself included) got too high on the team after the Michigan win and now on the flip side most people are going to get way too low on the team after UVA.

“Craptastic” is the correct word for it. You can be ok with being craptastic but I won’t be. I don’t care if the team scored so much per game.... we are unranked nationally and got embarrassed on national tv by UAV!!!! They didn’t even use all the practices for this game! I want a team that treats any bowl game like its the National Championship game. The Belk bowl was an absolute embarrassment to the program and should be blown out of proportion. If this is what the team is going to do then I hope someone let us know so some of us doesn’t expect more. I can just check the scores on ESPN from time to time instead of watching the games.
Old 01-01-2019, 03:32 AM   #19
gotrice?
Heisman Candidate

Male

Quote:
ďCraptasticĒ is the correct word for it. You can be ok with being craptastic but I wonít be. I donít care if the team scored so much per game.... we are unranked nationally and got embarrassed on national tv by UAV!!!! They didnít even use all the practices for this game! I want a team that treats any bowl game like its the National Championship game. The Belk bowl was an absolute embarrassment to the program and should be blown out of proportion. If that what the team is going to do then let us know so we can stop being invested in the program.
They never use all the practices for the game because part of the reward of getting to a bowl is the fact you're able to dedicate a good portion of the extra practices to accelerating the development of your younger players that didn't get much PT for next season. Always has been that way, always will be that way and any sane coach treats it that way when you're talking about a non NY6 or CFP bowl. And it shouldn't be blown out of proportion, it was an embarrassing loss but that's it. It's not a death blow to the program or costing us a shot at an SEC Title or anything like that, it's an out of conference loss that leaves an awful taste in our mouths going into the off-season. As for stopping investing in the program, did you stop after Iowa or UCONN? Those were embarrassments in bowls. Spurrier used plenty of time in the lead up to develop younger players before those as well.
Old 01-01-2019, 03:59 AM   #20
PalmettoG27
Kryptonian

Male

Quote:
They never use all the practices for the game because part of the reward of getting to a bowl is the fact you're able to dedicate a good portion of the extra practices to accelerating the development of your younger players that didn't get much PT for next season. Always has been that way, always will be that way and any sane coach treats it that way when you're talking about a non NY6 or CFP bowl. And it shouldn't be blown out of proportion, it was an embarrassing loss but that's it. It's not a death blow to the program or costing us a shot at an SEC Title or anything like that, it's an out of conference loss that leaves an awful taste in our mouths going into the off-season. As for stopping investing in the program, did you stop after Iowa or UCONN? Those were embarrassments in bowls. Spurrier used plenty of time in the lead up to develop younger players before those as well.
I have been emotionally invested as a Carolina fan for 38 years through and through. Thought about slapping my mother for raising me as one at times. I cared for the program way before Muschamp thought of Carolina and will way after Muschamp moves on and forgets of SC. So I am invested. Invested to the point that if Muschamp is going to be the second coming of Brad Scott or Sparkey Woods then he needs to just leave now. I¬’m proud of what we can be and want it to happen.
Im am very pantient and willing to see what happens in 2019. spurrier left the muschsmp an absolute mess to take over. I think he has done great. But his actions in this bowl game rose giant red flag saying this guy probably
Isn¬’t the guy we need and is probably going to be another brad Scott or sparky woods where we win one or two games a year.

I don¬’t care if we play only too 1 a 12 teams next year. We better beat them. If we can¬’t out talent then then. I thing beats ruthless aggression and/or superior calls on coaching.

I work night shifts. I didn¬’t get to see the game. But I had the honor of waking up and checking ESPM scores- and having to double take that SC is losing by 28 points. And to top it off they haven¬’t scored a point! ThAt is what I woke up to before work. So yes, I¬’m piss... and don¬’t have much faith in the direction we are going anymore.