CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
thekob
RGHoskins
Captain9Dragons
MountainCock
Wisercock
TastyLicks
Gamecockman12
SanAntonioCock
kingofnerf
Spur's Addiction
OKST MBB dismisses t (594)
Gamecock Baseball Fa (237)
400 evacuated after (205)
*** USC MBB (9-7, 4- (132)
Total lunar eclipse (43)
*** #15 UofSC WBB (12-4,
Coaching changes
*** USC MBB (9-7, 4-0) @
I wonder if Muschamp and
How Good Can Frank's Team
*** UofSC MBB (8-7, 3-0)
CBB: GAMECOCKS @ COMMODOR
Cannot navigate Gamecocks
No longer USC
OKST MBB dismisses three

Old 01-06-2019, 12:11 PM   #41
Master Bedroom
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 10500
Master Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot material
Default Re: Blackshear gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by hank scorpio View Post
I'm always the type of guy to wish the kid luck and thank him for what he's done, but having met this particular kid recently and him trying to pick a fight with me, all I can say is good riddance. I don't think he's a good kid at all.
He tried to pick a fight with you for no reason?
Master Bedroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 12:19 PM   #42
JohnnyB21
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 20200
JohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Bedroom View Post
He tried to pick a fight with you for no reason?
I find it hard to believe he didn't have a reason. But eh,who knows.
Old 01-06-2019, 12:21 PM   #43
Absfract
World Traveler

Male

CockyCash: 3000
Absfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPit

There are very few acceptable reasons for picking a fight IMHO...
Absfract is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 12:29 PM   #44
Master Bedroom
Heisman Winner

Male

Master Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyB21 View Post
I find it hard to believe he didn't have a reason. But eh,who knows.
I find it a little hard to believe that he is telling the truth but that is a strange thing to make up, so who knows
Master Bedroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 03:01 PM   #45
carolina_corpsman
Heisman Candidate

Male

carolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Bedroom View Post
I find it a little hard to believe that he is telling the truth but that is a strange thing to make up, so who knows
Without knowing more of the story it's hard to believe, but like you said, it's sort of strange to be made up.
carolina_corpsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 03:31 PM   #46
MikeTrainNC8
Cock of the Walk

Male

CockyCash: 999975894
MikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot material

Pick a fight? I hope you didn't instigate by saying he is a bust etc..
Old 01-06-2019, 04:22 PM   #47
USCBaseball
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 690
USCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTrainNC8 View Post
Pick a fight? I hope you didn't instigate by saying he is a bust etc..
Probably told Shameik that he was a regular poster on Cockytalk and Shameik got him confused with SpareParts. I could see why he would be upset.
USCBaseball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 04:25 PM   #48
Flameout12
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBaseball View Post
Probably told Shameik that he was a regular poster on Cockytalk and Shameik got him confused with SpareParts. I could see why he would be upset.
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 04:33 PM   #49
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 118025146
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absfract View Post
There are very few acceptable reasons for picking a fight IMHO...
If you're guaranteed to win......that's an excellent reason to pick it.....
ConwayGamecock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 11:37 PM   #50
Absfract
World Traveler

Male

CockyCash: 3000
Absfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConwayGamecock View Post
If you're guaranteed to win......that's an excellent reason to pick it.....
That attitude is a good way to get yourself shot.
Absfract is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 12:01 AM   #51
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 1472263
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

Did anyone ever find out who shot him? Always thought it was really bizarre that there was seemingly no follow up on that.
Old 01-07-2019, 01:15 AM   #52
EAtMoRTaYtErz
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 7500
EAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSC2013 View Post
Not knocking him, he was a solid player, 1000x better than I ever was haha. But in context, he was hyped to be Clowney 2.0, a 5* JUCO. Like almost all our 4/5 stars he didnt play up to expectations. He did play solid though. Many of our star recruits severely underperform.
He was only a 3 star out of high school though, maybe even lower.
EAtMoRTaYtErz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 07:11 AM   #53
sc455
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 50200
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAtMoRTaYtErz View Post
He was only a 3 star out of high school though, maybe even lower.
Don't post when you're drinkin.
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 09:39 AM   #54
sosfan812
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 5500
sosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc455 View Post
Don't post when you're drinkin.
That's all they have to do in surfside, well that and the flea market.
sosfan812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 09:01 PM   #55
hank scorpio
Yellow Bellied Sapsucker

Male

CockyCash: 3300400
hank scorpio is USC mascot materialhank scorpio is USC mascot materialhank scorpio is USC mascot materialhank scorpio is USC mascot materialhank scorpio is USC mascot materialhank scorpio is USC mascot materialhank scorpio is USC mascot materialhank scorpio is USC mascot materialhank scorpio is USC mascot materialhank scorpio is USC mascot materialhank scorpio is USC mascot material

I accidentally cut in front of him in a line, didn't realize it and apologized humbly when he chewed me out about it. He then threatened that if he wasn't trying to focus on his career that he would "F#(# me up". I apologized again and he continued to berate and threaten me telling another person that I was stupid and that my apology was somehow insufficient. I got the impression that if I said one wrong word that he would take a swing at me. I didn't know who he was until someone told me afterwards. I literally thought I was in danger and was as humble and apologetic as I could be, I was sincere and tried to express remorse but he acted like an idiotic meathead. I'd use another four letter word to describe him, but that's become cliche and racist so I won't. I wanted to tell him to calm the eff down and take it easy, but he was dead serious and I honestly was afraid, so I kept apologizing like a little bitch. I'm still pretty pissed that I had to choose between groveling like a sissy or getting the sh!t beat out of me. Is what it is...
Old 01-10-2019, 09:16 PM   #56
hank scorpio
Yellow Bellied Sapsucker

Male

CockyCash: 3300400
hank scorpio is USC mascot materialhank scorpio is USC mascot materialhank scorpio is USC mascot materialhank scorpio is USC mascot materialhank scorpio is USC mascot materialhank scorpio is USC mascot materialhank scorpio is USC mascot materialhank scorpio is USC mascot materialhank scorpio is USC mascot materialhank scorpio is USC mascot materialhank scorpio is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc1 View Post
Did anyone ever find out who shot him? Always thought it was really bizarre that there was seemingly no follow up on that.
If I'd have had a weapon that day, I'm sure I would NOT have used it, but I would have stopped after the second apology I made and asked him to walk away. But, instead I swallowed my grown-ass 40 year old(insert mike gundy meme here)pride and groveled like a child to a punk college kid for something as petty as accidentally taking his turn in line to make a purchase.

I had been considering taking a cwp class for a couple years and just never got around to it. After I told my wife what happened, we agreed to sign up for the class.

To be clear, I have no desire to shoot anyone...EVER. But I truly was scared, and I am not a fighter, I don't start shit with people and I try to avoid shady situations. However, the more and more messed up our society becomes, the more I feel the need to defend myself and my family if necessary.
Old 01-10-2019, 09:25 PM   #57
Senior Rooster
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 151240000
Senior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot material

Quote:
If I'd have had a weapon that day, I'd have stopped after the first apology I made and warned him to walk away. But, instead I swallowed my pride and left.

I had been considering taking a cwp class for a couple years and just never got around to it. After I told my wife what happened, we agreed to sign up for the class.

To be clear, I have no desire to shoot anyone...EVER. But I truly was scared, and I am not a fighter, I don't start shit with people and I try to avoid shady situations. However, the more and more messed up our society becomes, the more I feel the need to defend myself and my family if necessary.

Walking away was the smart thing to do. In my time a fight was just a fight and the chips could fall where they may. Now days you could have gone to jail, lost your job etc. If your wife or other loved ones were nearby you would have endangered them by fighting. Not to mention, carrying, you were not, but he or friends could have been. It is not unusual, you could have been shot or killed.
Walking away (as long as you could) was the smart and manly thing to do.
No question!
Old 01-10-2019, 09:28 PM   #58
wincocks84
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 5775
wincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot material

You cut him in line where? That's craziness. His whole situation getting shot sounded shady to begin with.
wincocks84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 10:29 AM   #59
JDStud6
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 15065
JDStud6 is USC mascot materialJDStud6 is USC mascot materialJDStud6 is USC mascot materialJDStud6 is USC mascot materialJDStud6 is USC mascot materialJDStud6 is USC mascot materialJDStud6 is USC mascot materialJDStud6 is USC mascot materialJDStud6 is USC mascot materialJDStud6 is USC mascot materialJDStud6 is USC mascot material

Quote:
I accidentally cut in front of him in a line, didn't realize it and apologized humbly when he chewed me out about it. He then threatened that if he wasn't trying to focus on his career that he would "F#(# me up". I apologized again and he continued to berate and threaten me telling another person that I was stupid and that my apology was somehow insufficient. I got the impression that if I said one wrong word that he would take a swing at me. I didn't know who he was until someone told me afterwards. I literally thought I was in danger and was as humble and apologetic as I could be, I was sincere and tried to express remorse but he acted like an idiotic meathead. I'd use another four letter word to describe him, but that's become cliche and racist so I won't. I wanted to tell him to calm the eff down and take it easy, but he was dead serious and I honestly was afraid, so I kept apologizing like a little bitch. I'm still pretty pissed that I had to choose between groveling like a sissy or getting the sh!t beat out of me. Is what it is...
Yea I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say he's probably not the nicest well-adjusted guy in the world. His 'career' is basically over. He's not going to the NFL. He had bad luck with an injury then bad decisions. BUST is the 4 letter word that needs to be used here, not the other one referenced above. Sucks that you had to be put into that position, but if what you say is true that shows his true character and he deserves what happened to him. You did the right thing saving yourself a hospital visit and you'll get the last laugh when you see him bagging groceries in a year.

JD
JDStud6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 10:44 AM   #60
carolina_corpsman
Heisman Candidate

Male

carolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot material

Quote:
If I'd have had a weapon that day, I'm sure I would NOT have used it, but I would have stopped after the second apology I made and asked him to walk away. But, instead I swallowed my grown-ass 40 year old(insert mike gundy meme here)pride and groveled like a child to a punk college kid for something as petty as accidentally taking his turn in line to make a purchase.

Take the class, but it takes 90 days to get it in the mail.
carolina_corpsman is offline   Reply With Quote