CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
thekob
RGHoskins
Captain9Dragons
MountainCock
Wisercock
TastyLicks
Gamecockman12
SanAntonioCock
kingofnerf
Spur's Addiction
OKST MBB dismisses t (594)
Gamecock Baseball Fa (237)
400 evacuated after (205)
*** USC MBB (9-7, 4- (132)
Total lunar eclipse (43)
*** #15 UofSC WBB (12-4,
Coaching changes
*** USC MBB (9-7, 4-0) @
I wonder if Muschamp and
How Good Can Frank's Team
*** UofSC MBB (8-7, 3-0)
CBB: GAMECOCKS @ COMMODOR
Cannot navigate Gamecocks
No longer USC
OKST MBB dismisses three

Old 01-01-2019, 02:04 PM   #1
Herbie3
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 4320
Herbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot material
Default Freshman NOT being made available to media

I would like to see Muschamp change his policy on this. If I was a 5-star player I would not go play for a coach that prevented me from having access to the media.
Herbie3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 02:13 PM   #2
Old_School
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 200
Old_School has earned his spursOld_School has earned his spursOld_School has earned his spursOld_School has earned his spursOld_School has earned his spursOld_School has earned his spurs
Default Re: Freshman NOT being made available to media

I understand the rule but like you eluded to, if you recruit at a high level you’re going to have freshmen become huge impact players for the team. It’s not a huge deal but imagine if Hilinski takes over next year and dominates, our best player in that situation would never be seen off the field. In a larger sense it’s not great for marketing. Look at Trevor Lawrence at Clemson. He is everywhere and people love him, it brings a positive light to the program.
Old_School is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 03:15 PM   #3
TKE226
Damn Yankee

Male

CockyCash: 1343234
TKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot material

Why?
TKE226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 03:22 PM   #4
Legalman72
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 19800000000
Legalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot material

Bring it back like cooked crack.
Legalman72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 03:23 PM   #5
Herbie3
Bowl MVP

Male

Herbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKE226 View Post
Why?
Someone need to ask Muschamp that question.
Old 01-01-2019, 03:36 PM   #6
GregoryHouse
Pompous Ass Hillbilly

Male

CockyCash: 5003673
GregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legalman72 View Post
Old 01-01-2019, 03:51 PM   #7
Curt Geezus
Retiring at 4,000

Male

CockyCash: 101252
Curt Geezus is USC mascot materialCurt Geezus is USC mascot materialCurt Geezus is USC mascot materialCurt Geezus is USC mascot materialCurt Geezus is USC mascot materialCurt Geezus is USC mascot materialCurt Geezus is USC mascot materialCurt Geezus is USC mascot materialCurt Geezus is USC mascot materialCurt Geezus is USC mascot materialCurt Geezus is USC mascot material

Do freshmen really want to talk to the media? No matter how good they are, they usually look nervous and uncomfortable when being interviewed.
Old 01-01-2019, 04:05 PM   #8
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 118025146
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKE226 View Post
Why?
Just throwing things up against the wall, and not knowing any of the coaching staff, I would say it has something to do with the kids being freshmen, and already having to deal with stuff like acclimating to college life - dorm life with roommates, class schedules, learning your way around campus and Columbia - learning how to be in a major college FB program which includes making team meetings, film study, S&C schedules, practice schedules.

The staff probably just want the kids to focus more on what they need to focus on, which has nothing to do with someone like Kendall trying to ask them if they think they should be a starter, or if they disagree with their coach's play-calling, or if they have any lockerroom issues with teammates, etc.....
ConwayGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 09:52 PM   #9
DrZyn
El Logical

Male

CockyCash: 201562
DrZyn is USC mascot materialDrZyn is USC mascot materialDrZyn is USC mascot materialDrZyn is USC mascot materialDrZyn is USC mascot materialDrZyn is USC mascot materialDrZyn is USC mascot materialDrZyn is USC mascot materialDrZyn is USC mascot materialDrZyn is USC mascot materialDrZyn is USC mascot material

Why is this a problem we don’t recruit well enough for freshmen to be a factor and have anything to say to the media anyway
Old 01-01-2019, 09:58 PM   #10
gotrice?
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 20020
gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gotrice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbie3 View Post
I would like to see Muschamp change his policy on this. If I was a 5-star player I would not go play for a coach that prevented me from having access to the media.
More like fans want them to have the media access
gotrice? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 10:53 PM   #11
Herbie3
Bowl MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotrice? View Post
More like fans want them to have the media access

Correct!! Iím sure Clemson enjoyed hearing from Trevor Lawrence all year.
Old 01-01-2019, 11:09 PM   #12
gotrice?
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 20020
gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gotrice?

Quote:
Correct!! Iím sure Clemson enjoyed hearing from Trevor Lawrence all year.
Dabo has a different policy, who cares? I actually think it's smart to keep freshmen away from a microphone while they're still adapting to college football, school, and college life in general.
gotrice? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 12:01 AM   #13
rioninusc
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 1000000056
rioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot material

I honestly think any player should have that option. The coaches should be required to talk as a part of the job, but the players, if they don't ever want to talk to the media, that should be there right.
rioninusc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 12:03 AM   #14
GSC2013
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
GSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot material

Doesnt matter. By this time next year almost no one will be watching regardless of who is talking anyway
GSC2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 10:28 AM   #15
etowngangsta
Challenge accepted.

Male

CockyCash: 100930348
etowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot material

Quote:
I was telling someone about that a couple of weeks ago. Most hilarious sideline statement ever. Boyd was a tough runner.
etowngangsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 05:04 PM   #16
highstick
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 2700
highstick is USC mascot materialhighstick is USC mascot materialhighstick is USC mascot materialhighstick is USC mascot materialhighstick is USC mascot materialhighstick is USC mascot materialhighstick is USC mascot materialhighstick is USC mascot materialhighstick is USC mascot materialhighstick is USC mascot materialhighstick is USC mascot material

Quote:
It's not about you(or the player). If you think it is, don't sign on the dotted line cause you know the expectation.
highstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 05:32 PM   #17
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
CockyCash: 20200
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSC2013 View Post
Doesnt matter. By this time next year almost no one will be watching regardless of who is talking anyway
This is true, because unless we make it to the national championship game there won't be anything to watch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoovecock View Post
I agree with Cack.
cack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 05:33 PM   #18
BringBackGarcia
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1000
BringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot material

I'm fine with keeping the freshman away--keeps them level and at the same time avoids someone saying or doing something stupid. Same thing as twitter--and their parents on twitter apparently.

I do think, though, that the coordinators and other assistants should be available at least every other week. It's ridiculous that Bentley had to field questions that an offensive coordinator should be answering.
BringBackGarcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 12:02 PM   #19
the camp branch kid
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 5500
the camp branch kid is USC mascot materialthe camp branch kid is USC mascot materialthe camp branch kid is USC mascot materialthe camp branch kid is USC mascot materialthe camp branch kid is USC mascot materialthe camp branch kid is USC mascot materialthe camp branch kid is USC mascot materialthe camp branch kid is USC mascot materialthe camp branch kid is USC mascot materialthe camp branch kid is USC mascot materialthe camp branch kid is USC mascot material

Quote:
Greatest Cory Boyd quote of all time.
with a Gamecock story to tell.
the camp branch kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 12:30 PM   #20
TAFC 5 1981
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 5500
TAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot material

Didn't Bentley have some media access as a freshman?