CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
thekob
RGHoskins
Captain9Dragons
MountainCock
Wisercock
TastyLicks
Gamecockman12
SanAntonioCock
kingofnerf
Spur's Addiction
OKST MBB dismisses t (594)
Gamecock Baseball Fa (237)
400 evacuated after (205)
*** USC MBB (9-7, 4- (132)
Total lunar eclipse (43)
*** #15 UofSC WBB (12-4,
Coaching changes
*** USC MBB (9-7, 4-0) @
I wonder if Muschamp and
How Good Can Frank's Team
*** UofSC MBB (8-7, 3-0)
CBB: GAMECOCKS @ COMMODOR
Cannot navigate Gamecocks
No longer USC
OKST MBB dismisses three

Old 01-02-2019, 04:25 PM   #41
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
CockyCash: 20200
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material
Default Re: Bryan Edwards

Before the season, the only players I felt might be ready to go pro was Deebo, Kinlaw, and Wonnum. There were others that I was afraid may try to make the jump, but those were the only 3 that I felt were far enough along that with a good season really may go.

Edwards has been consistent his entire career, so I don't see how returning for one more year would hurt him. The question is, would you rather want to sit down with teams as "Bryan Edwards 3 year very consistent starter that made some top notch highlight plays", or would you want to sit down with teams as "Bryan Edwards South Carolina's All-Time leader in receptions, TDs, and yards"?

Rec
1. Kenny McKinley - 207
5. Bryan Edwards - 163

Rec Yds
1. Alshon Jeffery - 3,042
9. Bryan Edwards - 2,083

Rec TDs
1. Sidney Rice/Alshon Jeffery - 23
9. Bryan Edwards - 16

Lets say he has an "average" season, that'll add 55 rec, 743 yds, and 6 TDs (all numbers rounded up to the closet digit). That would put him at 215 rec (1st all time), 2,826 yards (2nd all time), and 22 TDs (3rd all time).

Now, because I like playing with numbers, each of his stats were brought down drastically from his Freshman season, so where would he be if he had an "average" season by his "I know what the hell I'm doing now" numbers.

That would then have him at 60 rec, 820 rec yds, and 6 rec TDs for a new grand total of 223 rec (#1), 3,049 rec yards (#1), and still at 22 on the TDs but he had 7 this season so a duplication of that then ties him with 23 for 1st place there as well.

Not to mention the consecutive games with a catch streak that he's going to set out of this world.

He has a chance to have his name go up on the wall and be there for a very, very long time if not forever. To me, that HAS to mean something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoovecock View Post
I agree with Cack.
cack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 01:53 PM   #42
Lonnie
Band

Male

CockyCash: 2001
Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

Cack,

Could you e-mail that post directly to Bryan?

Thanks in advance...

Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 01:55 PM   #43
carolina_corpsman
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 10500
carolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cack View Post
Before the season, the only players I felt might be ready to go pro was Deebo, Kinlaw, and Wonnum. There were others that I was afraid may try to make the jump, but those were the only 3 that I felt were far enough along that with a good season really may go.

Edwards has been consistent his entire career, so I don't see how returning for one more year would hurt him. The question is, would you rather want to sit down with teams as "Bryan Edwards 3 year very consistent starter that made some top notch highlight plays", or would you want to sit down with teams as "Bryan Edwards South Carolina's All-Time leader in receptions, TDs, and yards"?

Rec
1. Kenny McKinley - 207
5. Bryan Edwards - 163

Rec Yds
9. Bryan Edwards - 2,083

Rec TDs
9. Bryan Edwards - 16

Lets say he has an "average" season, that'll add 55 rec, 743 yds, and 6 TDs (all numbers rounded up to the closet digit). That would put him at 215 rec (1st all time), 2,826 yards (2nd all time), and 22 TDs (3rd all time).

Now, because I like playing with numbers, each of his stats were brought down drastically from his Freshman season, so where would he be if he had an "average" season by his "I know what the hell I'm doing now" numbers.

That would then have him at 60 rec, 820 rec yds, and 6 rec TDs for a new grand total of 223 rec (#1), 3,049 rec yards (#1), and still at 22 on the TDs but he had 7 this season so a duplication of that then ties him with 23 for 1st place there as well.

Not to mention the consecutive games with a catch streak that he's going to set out of this world.

He has a chance to have his name go up on the wall and be there for a very, very long time if not forever. To me, that HAS to mean something.
*Assuming Jake doesn't hang him out to dry as usual and he misses half the season with a rib fracture.
carolina_corpsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 02:25 PM   #44
sporkgod50
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 999903846
sporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_corpsman View Post
*Assuming Jake doesn't hang him out to dry as usual and he misses half the season with a rib fracture.
I'd love to see a full season of good jake.

a bison.
sporkgod50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 02:45 PM   #45
Order 66
Ed O'Bannon must pay

Male

CockyCash: 10950385
Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by sporkgod50 View Post
I'd love to see a full season of good jake.
A full season of good Jake, and you can give BE all those records.
Order 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 02:47 PM   #46
TKE226
Damn Yankee

Male

CockyCash: 1343234
TKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot material

A full season of good jake would mean all the Hilinski homers would be in hiding
TKE226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 04:05 PM   #47
Flameout12
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKE226 View Post
A full season of good jake would mean all the Hilinski homers would be in hiding
...and all the Jake homers will be relentlessly posting thread after thread.
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 05:49 PM   #48
TKE226
Damn Yankee

Male

CockyCash: 1343234
TKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flameout12 View Post
...and all the Jake homers will be relentlessly posting thread after thread.

That Beecher guy (jayydog?) might come out of hiding!
TKE226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 05:49 PM   #49
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

CockyCash: 7994501
CockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot material

Quote:

I hope he is so good he gets drafted that means we won 9 games possibly in 2019?
CockyLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 05:56 PM   #50
uscGRAD04
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 5833
uscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot material

Georgia WR's Mecole Harman and Riley Ridley going pro.

Not sure of a full list of underclassman. But I know Bryan Edwards is keeping up with it.
Old 01-04-2019, 05:59 PM   #51
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

CockyCash: 7994501
CockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscGRAD04 View Post
Georgia WR's Mecole Harman and Riley Ridley going pro.

Not sure of a full list of underclassman. But I know Bryan Edwards is keeping up with it.

Does not help Bryan so better for us!
CockyLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 06:08 PM   #52
gotrice?
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 20020
gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gotrice?

Jake coming back has to help our odds here. If you're weighing leaving or staying knowing the QB you're familiar with is back is a positive for sure.
gotrice? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 06:09 PM   #53
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
CockyCash: 20200
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material

I saw something earlier saying both were expected to return. I figured with Jake's announcement we'd hear about Edwards rather soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoovecock View Post
I agree with Cack.
cack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 06:42 PM   #54
gamecock1116
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
gamecock1116 is USC mascot materialgamecock1116 is USC mascot materialgamecock1116 is USC mascot materialgamecock1116 is USC mascot materialgamecock1116 is USC mascot materialgamecock1116 is USC mascot materialgamecock1116 is USC mascot materialgamecock1116 is USC mascot materialgamecock1116 is USC mascot materialgamecock1116 is USC mascot materialgamecock1116 is USC mascot material

That might make him leave for fear of being hurt.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 01-04-2019, 06:43 PM   #55
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 311755
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Well being its his last year lets all hope he realizes all that greatness a lot of you speak of. Still waiting. Lets also hope when he is off the next guy at LEAST gets a shot.
USCBASEBALL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 06:43 PM   #56
Flameout12
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotrice? View Post
Jake coming back has to help our odds here.
I wouldn't bank on that. Deebo leaving may have a greater impact, if any.
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 08:05 PM   #57
SheckWes
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
SheckWes rules the CockPitSheckWes rules the CockPitSheckWes rules the CockPitSheckWes rules the CockPitSheckWes rules the CockPitSheckWes rules the CockPitSheckWes rules the CockPitSheckWes rules the CockPitSheckWes rules the CockPitSheckWes rules the CockPitSheckWes rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by cack View Post

Rec
1. Kenny McKinley - 207
5. Bryan Edwards - 163

Rec Yds
9. Bryan Edwards - 2,083

Rec TDs
9. Bryan Edwards - 16

Pretty crazy that Sidney did that in 2 years
Old 01-04-2019, 08:30 PM   #58
5lbYardcock
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 5500
5lbYardcock is USC mascot material5lbYardcock is USC mascot material5lbYardcock is USC mascot material5lbYardcock is USC mascot material5lbYardcock is USC mascot material5lbYardcock is USC mascot material5lbYardcock is USC mascot material5lbYardcock is USC mascot material5lbYardcock is USC mascot material5lbYardcock is USC mascot material5lbYardcock is USC mascot material

UGAs Holyfield leaving for the draft.
Old 01-04-2019, 09:43 PM   #59
bigduff32
Freshman All-American

Male

CockyCash: 5480
bigduff32 rules the CockPitbigduff32 rules the CockPitbigduff32 rules the CockPitbigduff32 rules the CockPitbigduff32 rules the CockPitbigduff32 rules the CockPitbigduff32 rules the CockPitbigduff32 rules the CockPitbigduff32 rules the CockPitbigduff32 rules the CockPitbigduff32 rules the CockPit

I remember reading an article prior to this season in which Bryan was quoted as saying that he wanted to leave a legacy here and to be considered the best ever. Because of that, I think he stays. For what worth, if we had more consistent offensive production during his time here that could been easily achievable in my opinion. Great competitor with many clutch catches for us!
Old 01-04-2019, 09:45 PM   #60
gotrice?
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 20020
gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gotrice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flameout12 View Post
I wouldn't bank on that. Deebo leaving may have a greater impact, if any.
You think knowing that he has a QB he's familiar with vs playing with a freshman or Urich isn't a big factor for him? If you think that's not a massive factor for a WR then you're crazy. As for Deebo, he was always leaving after this year because he's a senior.
gotrice? is offline   Reply With Quote