CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
thekob
RGHoskins
Captain9Dragons
MountainCock
Wisercock
TastyLicks
Gamecockman12
SanAntonioCock
kingofnerf
Spur's Addiction
OKST MBB dismisses t (614)
Gamecock Baseball Fa (248)
400 evacuated after (217)
*** USC MBB (9-7, 4- (160)
Total lunar eclipse (72)
Coaching changes
*** #15 UofSC WBB (12-4,
*** USC MBB (9-7, 4-0) @
I wonder if Muschamp and
How Good Can Frank's Team
*** UofSC MBB (8-7, 3-0)
CBB: GAMECOCKS @ COMMODOR
Cannot navigate Gamecocks
No longer USC
OKST MBB dismisses three

Old 01-09-2019, 10:22 AM   #101
Flameout12
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Bryan Edwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockNJersey View Post
Great! Will be great for Hilinski to have a reliable receiver like that.
Bryan doesn't play on the scout team.
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 10:28 AM   #102
CockNJersey
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 5533
CockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flameout12 View Post
Bryan doesn't play on the scout team.
Neither does Hilinski, and I don’t think he will if given a fair shot.
CockNJersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 10:39 AM   #103
TKE226
Damn Yankee

Male

CockyCash: 1343234
TKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Neither does Hilinski, and I donít think he will if given a fair shot.
What makes you think he will de-throne Bentley?
TKE226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 11:06 AM   #104
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

CockyCash: 7994501
CockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKE226 View Post

Probably big game fake himself is the reason he feels this way.
CockyLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 11:16 AM   #105
CockNJersey
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot material

Quote:
I donít know that he will, but I think he could.

Jake hasnít played well enough to not be de-throned. Dabo showed a champions mentality by benching Bryant in favor of Lawrence. It seemed cruel to unceremoniously demote a guy whoíd been in the program all that time, but they wouldnít have won the title with Bryant. He was good but Lawrence was better. Dabo made a hard decision he knew had to be made if they wanted to win a title.

At the moment, I donít think Champ has that mentality.
Old 01-09-2019, 11:23 AM   #106
TKE226
Damn Yankee

Male

CockyCash: 1343234
TKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot material

Quote:
I don’t know that he will, but I think he could.

Jake hasn’t played well enough to not be de-throned. Dabo showed a champions mentality by benching Bryant in favor of Lawrence. It seemed cruel to unceremoniously demote a guy who’d been in the program all that time, but they wouldn’t have won the title with Bryant. He was good but Lawrence was better. Dabo made a hard decision he knew had to be made if they wanted to win a title.

At the moment, I don’t think Champ has that mentality.
A few posts ago you asserted Hilinski would be running as starter because he would be throwing to Edwards. Now you say that's not likely. Regarding Clemson, we have NO idea what the practice battles were like between Byrant and Lawrence. In the end yes Lawrence won the job and won a Natty. But that didn't happen day 1. It took time to play out. For Hilinski to start day one would require him to be phenomenal, not only in picking up the playbook, and developing relationships with receivers but also translating his HS talent to college. Just because Hilinski has the talent doesn't mean it translates right away.
TKE226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 11:32 AM   #107
CockNJersey
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
A few posts ago you asserted Hilinski would be running as starter because he would be throwing to Edwards. Now you say that's not likely. Regarding Clemson, we have NO idea what the practice battles were like between Byrant and Lawrence. In the end yes Lawrence won the job and won a Natty. But that didn't happen day 1. It took time to play out. For Hilinski to start day one would require him to be phenomenal, not only in picking up the playbook, and developing relationships with receivers but also translating his HS talent to college. Just because Hilinski has the talent doesn't mean it translates right away.
The initial post you reference was tongue in cheek. But I never said itís not likely that Hilinski would be the starter. I said I donít KNOW it, because it canít be known. Iím not God.

My gut says he could earn the starting position if given a fair shot.

My gut also says he wonít be given a fair shot.
Old 01-09-2019, 11:46 AM   #108
uscfan1
Make Yourself

Male

CockyCash: 5200
uscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cack View Post
Given the text that went along with the video, clearly he was just fed up with the constant badgering, so the video needed a little extra emphasis.

If he didnt like the attention he wouldn't post something to get more attention.
uscfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 11:54 AM   #109
86 GradCock
Spring Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 3500
86 GradCock is USC mascot material86 GradCock is USC mascot material86 GradCock is USC mascot material86 GradCock is USC mascot material86 GradCock is USC mascot material86 GradCock is USC mascot material86 GradCock is USC mascot material86 GradCock is USC mascot material86 GradCock is USC mascot material86 GradCock is USC mascot material86 GradCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
I donít know that he will, but I think he could.

Jake hasnít played well enough to not be de-throned. Dabo showed a champions mentality by benching Bryant in favor of Lawrence. It seemed cruel to unceremoniously demote a guy whoíd been in the program all that time, but they wouldnít have won the title with Bryant. He was good but Lawrence was better. Dabo made a hard decision he knew had to be made if they wanted to win a title.

At the moment, I donít think Champ has that mentality.
Agreed, but Papa Bryant wasn't on the coaching staff. I am not saying Jake's dad has influenced the decision about who is starting QB, but, it will be significantly harder for an entrenched SR QB to lose the job due to the turmoil it would cause in the locker room.

Either way, Bryan should have a pretty decent QB throwing balls his way next season. Given the quality of opponents next season, he will have an excellent opportunity to showcase his skills.
86 GradCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 12:55 PM   #110
Flameout12
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Neither does Hilinski...
You're joking.
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote