CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
thekob
RGHoskins
Captain9Dragons
MountainCock
Wisercock
TastyLicks
Gamecockman12
SanAntonioCock
kingofnerf
Spur's Addiction
OKST MBB dismisses t (609)
Gamecock Baseball Fa (246)
400 evacuated after (213)
*** USC MBB (9-7, 4- (152)
Total lunar eclipse (61)
Coaching changes
*** #15 UofSC WBB (12-4,
*** USC MBB (9-7, 4-0) @
I wonder if Muschamp and
How Good Can Frank's Team
*** UofSC MBB (8-7, 3-0)
CBB: GAMECOCKS @ COMMODOR
Cannot navigate Gamecocks
No longer USC
OKST MBB dismisses three

Old 01-03-2019, 08:58 AM   #41
kacrosinsc
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 89145
kacrosinsc rules the CockPitkacrosinsc rules the CockPitkacrosinsc rules the CockPitkacrosinsc rules the CockPitkacrosinsc rules the CockPitkacrosinsc rules the CockPitkacrosinsc rules the CockPitkacrosinsc rules the CockPitkacrosinsc rules the CockPitkacrosinsc rules the CockPitkacrosinsc rules the CockPit
Default Re: Is Muschamp being allowed to be HIMSELF?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axman99 View Post
Wow, you're a fool. If you compare the two then Herman is 17-10 in his time at Texas, while Muschamp over the same two years is... 16-10. Muschamp coaches in a much tougher conference. Now if you wanna include Herman's last year at Houston which was Muschamp's first year then sure, Herman has a significantly better record. But Houston during that time was an already established program. Muschamp took over a train wreck; Herman took over Texas, and while Texas may have been down, it was still a traditional power in very fertile recruiting grounds. Not to mention that the had Tanner hired Herman, the Texas job still would've probably opened up the following year and we would've been right back to searching for a new coach. Stop being delusional and think before you post.
The fool is you my friend! Texas is on the way up. They have a bright future to look forward to. We on the other hand.........
kacrosinsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 09:01 AM   #42
gamecockphan
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 102200
gamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Wow, you're a fool. If you compare the two then Herman is 17-10 in his time at Texas, while Muschamp over the same two years is... 16-10. Muschamp coaches in a much tougher conference. Now if you wanna include Herman's last year at Houston which was Muschamp's first year then sure, Herman has a significantly better record. But Houston during that time was an already established program. Muschamp took over a train wreck; Herman took over Texas, and while Texas may have been down, it was still a traditional power in very fertile recruiting grounds. Not to mention that the had Tanner hired Herman, the Texas job still would've probably opened up the following year and we would've been right back to searching for a new coach. Stop being delusional and think before you post.
Is the SEC tougher?

Big 12 is 3-1 vs SEC in bowls this year and lighting up the D’a for an average of 499 yards. Seems we’re in a pretty easy conference too.
gamecockphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 02:23 PM   #43
AikenRooster
Most hated poster.

Male

CockyCash: 5399
AikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to AikenRooster

Quote:
Apparently you can't read scoreboards. The team coached by Herman beat Georgia, and, frankly, since I live in Aiken, that's all I care about.
Old 01-03-2019, 06:39 PM   #44
Axman99
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
Axman99 is crowing loudlyAxman99 is crowing loudlyAxman99 is crowing loudlyAxman99 is crowing loudlyAxman99 is crowing loudlyAxman99 is crowing loudlyAxman99 is crowing loudlyAxman99 is crowing loudlyAxman99 is crowing loudlyAxman99 is crowing loudlyAxman99 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by kacrosinsc View Post
The fool is you my friend! Texas is on the way up. They have a bright future to look forward to. We on the other hand.........
What about ďHerman wouldíve left for Texas after one yearĒ donít yall understand. Iím not the biggest Muschamp fan in the world, but damn, we have a delusional fan base that has forgotten where we come from and truly believes that we are on par with Texas. Texas!!! A program that regularly pulls more 5 star prospects in 1-2 years than we pull in 10. Hell in the last 10 years weíve only once beat Texas in recruiting (2017), we are not on the same level as them. I want to win as much as anybody, but damn it, people need to be realistic. If youíre gonna cry about not getting an up and coming coach at least make it about Lincoln Riley, we may have at least had a shot to keep him, but everyone and their brother knew Hermanís dream job was Texas and he wouldíve jumped at it as soon as the chance arrived.
Axman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 06:46 PM   #45
Axman99
Blue Chip

Male

Axman99 is crowing loudlyAxman99 is crowing loudlyAxman99 is crowing loudlyAxman99 is crowing loudlyAxman99 is crowing loudlyAxman99 is crowing loudlyAxman99 is crowing loudlyAxman99 is crowing loudlyAxman99 is crowing loudlyAxman99 is crowing loudlyAxman99 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by AikenRooster View Post
Apparently you can't read scoreboards. The team coached by Herman beat Georgia, and, frankly, since I live in Aiken, that's all I care about.
Wow, living your life and having to deal with Georgia fans must be so hard. Again, Herman wouldnít be here right now and more than likely weíd be in worst shape than we currently are after undergoing two coaching searches in two years. Again, Iím not saying Muschamp is or isnít the answer, but Herman would not have been the answer either.
Old 01-03-2019, 07:11 PM   #46
AndersonCock
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 3000
AndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Herman wouldíve pulled a Kiffin anyway and remember it was Herman who turned us down not the other way around. I still think Tom Herman is a douche regardless of how many wins he gets. UGA wanted to be in the playoff and didnít have their heads on straight. Iím willing to give Champ three more years and in 2021 weíre still 7-6, then Iíll call for a change.
AndersonCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 07:21 PM   #47
AikenRooster
Most hated poster.

Male

AikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Wow, living your life and having to deal with Georgia fans must be so hard. Again, Herman wouldnít be here right now and more than likely weíd be in worst shape than we currently are after undergoing two coaching searches in two years. Again, Iím not saying Muschamp is or isnít the answer, but Herman would not have been the answer either.
IT CANNOT BE ANY WORSE THAN IT IS RIGHT NOW. I've been begging this board, since the bowl shutout, to offer one bright spot. No one had come up with anything. We have not scored a point in 6 quarters of competition, against non SEC opponents.

Another question: why do all you assholes in Charleston talk down your nose at everyone?
Old 01-03-2019, 07:59 PM   #48
Axman99
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
IT CANNOT BE ANY WORSE THAN IT IS RIGHT NOW. I've been begging this board, since the bowl shutout, to offer one bright spot. No one had come up with anything. We have not scored a point in 6 quarters of competition, against non SEC opponents.

Another question: why do all you assholes in Charleston talk down your nose at everyone?
So as for your first comment, it could be a lot worse than it is. We couldíve went winless and been shut out all season. We could be at a point where we havenít made a bowl game since the 60s like some programs. We could be on the verge of having our program shut down. Thereís a ton of ways that it could be worse. And while Iím not happy with the state of the program, especially after that piss poor showing in the bowl game, Iím realistic and realize weíre not as bad off as we ever have been or could possibly be.

Now, as for you calling me an asshole and saying Iím talking down my nose to you, Iím not quite sure where thatís coming from. If itís due to my comment about you having to deal with Georgia fans, weíll so be it. Your comment in regards to only caring about beating Georgia because you live in Aiken comes across as very juvenile and short-sighted. We all have to deal with Terrible fans of other fan bases, so what. But I can tell you, Iím probably the last person that anyone would say talks down to people, Iím just blunt, but realistic.

My apologies if I offended you, that honestly wasnít my intent, and I can see where I maybe came across harsh. But it is very frustrating to see fans who have unrealistic expectations. While itís not unrealistic to expect some sort of success, it is unreasonable for fans to believe that 3 years removed from a 3-9 season and a complete rebuild that we should be on par with historical powerhouses that despite being in down years still manage to out recruit us.
Old 01-03-2019, 10:58 PM   #49
JTJGarnet
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 450
JTJGarnet is USC mascot materialJTJGarnet is USC mascot materialJTJGarnet is USC mascot materialJTJGarnet is USC mascot materialJTJGarnet is USC mascot materialJTJGarnet is USC mascot materialJTJGarnet is USC mascot materialJTJGarnet is USC mascot materialJTJGarnet is USC mascot materialJTJGarnet is USC mascot materialJTJGarnet is USC mascot material

Quote:
So as for your first comment, it could be a lot worse than it is. We couldíve went winless and been shut out all season. We could be at a point where we havenít made a bowl game since the 60s like some programs. We could be on the verge of having our program shut down. Thereís a ton of ways that it could be worse. And while Iím not happy with the state of the program, especially after that piss poor showing in the bowl game, Iím realistic and realize weíre not as bad off as we ever have been or could possibly be.

Now, as for you calling me an asshole and saying Iím talking down my nose to you, Iím not quite sure where thatís coming from. If itís due to my comment about you having to deal with Georgia fans, weíll so be it. Your comment in regards to only caring about beating Georgia because you live in Aiken comes across as very juvenile and short-sighted. We all have to deal with Terrible fans of other fan bases, so what. But I can tell you, Iím probably the last person that anyone would say talks down to people, Iím just blunt, but realistic.

My apologies if I offended you, that honestly wasnít my intent, and I can see where I maybe came across harsh. But it is very frustrating to see fans who have unrealistic expectations. While itís not unrealistic to expect some sort of success, it is unreasonable for fans to believe that 3 years removed from a 3-9 season and a complete rebuild that we should be on par with historical powerhouses that despite being in down years still manage to out recruit us.
UVA is a lacrosse school. NOT an historical powerhouse.
JTJGarnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 12:51 AM   #50
Axman99
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTJGarnet View Post
UVA is a lacrosse school. NOT an historical powerhouse.
Nobody said anything about UVA, this discussion was in regards to the comparison of South Carolina and Texas. Honestly, comments like this make me wanna talk down to people because all it requires is basic reading comprehension of a few posts back to get that.
Old 01-04-2019, 01:01 AM   #51
JTJGarnet
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 450
JTJGarnet is USC mascot materialJTJGarnet is USC mascot materialJTJGarnet is USC mascot materialJTJGarnet is USC mascot materialJTJGarnet is USC mascot materialJTJGarnet is USC mascot materialJTJGarnet is USC mascot materialJTJGarnet is USC mascot materialJTJGarnet is USC mascot materialJTJGarnet is USC mascot materialJTJGarnet is USC mascot material

Quote:
Nobody said anything about UVA, this discussion was in regards to the comparison of South Carolina and Texas. Honestly, comments like this make me wanna talk down to people because all it requires is basic reading comprehension of a few posts back to get that.

You said it's not reasonable to expect a rebuild in 3-years after a 3-9 season to be on par with historical powerhouses. I offered some perspective by saying UVA isn't an historical powehouse and we should expect to be on par with them. Pay attention.
JTJGarnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 01:17 AM   #52
Axman99
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTJGarnet View Post
You said it's not reasonable to expect a rebuild in 3-years after a 3-9 season to be on par with historical powerhouses. I offered some perspective by saying UVA isn't an historical powehouse and we should expect to be on par with them. Pay attention.
Obviously we should be on par with them, but if you read my post you would see that I called out the performance in the bowl game. Your post basically made the implication that I was saying UVA was a historical power. Nobody in their right mind who knows anything about college football would ever call them a historical power.
Old 01-04-2019, 02:35 AM   #53
FilchCock
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 3000
FilchCock is USC mascot materialFilchCock is USC mascot materialFilchCock is USC mascot materialFilchCock is USC mascot materialFilchCock is USC mascot materialFilchCock is USC mascot materialFilchCock is USC mascot materialFilchCock is USC mascot materialFilchCock is USC mascot materialFilchCock is USC mascot materialFilchCock is USC mascot material

Is this a real strand of thought?
FilchCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 04:11 PM   #54
GSC2013
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
GSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot material

Quote:

As a part time resident of Charleston I take interest in that bottom comment. To comment on it I guess Id say I dont think we do that, but its true that Charleston is so different than the rest of SC, different people, culture, vibe, everything.
GSC2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 04:12 PM   #55
GSC2013
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
GSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Obviously we should be on par with them, but if you read my post you would see that I called out the performance in the bowl game. Your post basically made the implication that I was saying UVA was a historical power. Nobody in their right mind who knows anything about college football would ever call them a historical power.
I agree. UVA football is very mediocre historically. But so is USC football.
GSC2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 05:15 PM   #56
longhaul
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 2160
longhaul is USC mascot materiallonghaul is USC mascot materiallonghaul is USC mascot materiallonghaul is USC mascot materiallonghaul is USC mascot materiallonghaul is USC mascot materiallonghaul is USC mascot materiallonghaul is USC mascot materiallonghaul is USC mascot materiallonghaul is USC mascot materiallonghaul is USC mascot material

Quote:

Easy there big fella. I've seen it a lot worse in my lifetime. We have 3 guys coming in next year that could possibly be 5* by the time the rankings are complete and each one of them has potential to be game changers. Have we ever had 3 in one class?

I said this while looking down my nose at you as an asshole from Charleston
longhaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 11:34 PM   #57
Garnet&BlackOp
Provacateur

Male

CockyCash: 420
Garnet&BlackOp has developed his gaff and talonsGarnet&BlackOp has developed his gaff and talonsGarnet&BlackOp has developed his gaff and talonsGarnet&BlackOp has developed his gaff and talonsGarnet&BlackOp has developed his gaff and talonsGarnet&BlackOp has developed his gaff and talonsGarnet&BlackOp has developed his gaff and talonsGarnet&BlackOp has developed his gaff and talonsGarnet&BlackOp has developed his gaff and talonsGarnet&BlackOp has developed his gaff and talonsGarnet&BlackOp has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
What about “Herman would’ve left for Texas after one year” don’t yall understand. I’m not the biggest Muschamp fan in the world, but damn, we have a delusional fan base that has forgotten where we come from and truly believes that we are on par with Texas. Texas!!! A program that regularly pulls more 5 star prospects in 1-2 years than we pull in 10. Hell in the last 10 years we’ve only once beat Texas in recruiting (2017), we are not on the same level as them. I want to win as much as anybody, but damn it, people need to be realistic. If you’re gonna cry about not getting an up and coming coach at least make it about Lincoln Riley, we may have at least had a shot to keep him, but everyone and their brother knew Herman’s dream job was Texas and he would’ve jumped at it as soon as the chance arrived.
I think texas talent is overrated. The high schools down there spend a ton of money on coaches and programs. A lot of those kids are already near their ceiling when they get to college campus, skilled but not as athletic as some you see in the SEC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringBackGarcia View Post
It really was, and from all accounts of Muschamp as a person, seemed out of character. I just don't understand it at all. And, honestly, it makes me wonder if some of the seniors who Muschamp has made multiple thinly veiled comments about just not being talented enough dialed it in after this. If Scar comes out and leads a game winning drive (something Bentley had the chance to do against UF and failed) and then doesn't even get a curtain call at home, why should guys bust ass knowing they're just holding a spot until a transfer comes in or a freshman takes his spot?
Everywhere I go on the internet, the call-in shows, in-person with the people I know who follow the program: all are pissed off about the way Scar was treated. It didn't reflect well on the program or Muschamp. There's doubts about his ability to win big games (ever). I don't think WM is on the hot seat, but it's warmer than it was a month ago. Been a fan for a long time, and think of Carlen and Holtz in particular: it wasn't long after their best successes they were being run out of town.
Garnet&BlackOp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 12:26 AM   #58
Superadiabatic
Resident Meteorologist

Male

CockyCash: 400
Superadiabatic rules the CockPitSuperadiabatic rules the CockPitSuperadiabatic rules the CockPitSuperadiabatic rules the CockPitSuperadiabatic rules the CockPitSuperadiabatic rules the CockPitSuperadiabatic rules the CockPitSuperadiabatic rules the CockPitSuperadiabatic rules the CockPitSuperadiabatic rules the CockPitSuperadiabatic rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Gamecock View Post
Side note : why is there an advertisement for Mississippi state university at the bottom of cockytalk? Itís definitely not based off my searches
Careful dude ... a couple of years ago a Clemson ad appeared for me in much the same manner and when I raised the issue there were several people that accused me of being a tater and googling Clemson all the time. I never have even still to this day done a search for anything related to Pickens Tech but it doesn't stop the die hards here from jumping all in your $&!+.

Superadiabatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 10:46 AM   #59
AikenRooster
Most hated poster.

Male

Quote:

I can see where you're coming from in your view that it could be worse, but I disagree with you that we shouldn't have high expectations, because the university has their money and their facilities now. There's a list out there that says we're like the 15th most profitable university in the country. People like you keep talking about waiting and rebuilding, but look at the improvement at Florida in year one of coach Mullen.

Yeah, I got mad that you called me juvenile and shortsighted, but only because Georgia is our number one conference rival. You'd be correct if I had said UNC, for example. Beating Georgia has nothing to do with their "fanbase" which isn't as terrible as you claim. It is not impossible, but improbable that you're going to lose the east if you don't beat Georgia. But, we can't even beat Kentucky, so we're not even contenders now. Muschamp played at Georgia, is from Georgia, and spent many years coaching in Georgia: where are all the studs he promised? Also, he was the head coach in waiting at Texas: he can't get players from there, now? I say that only because Mack Brown, in some twist of cosmic fate, just happens to take a job at UNC, who we open with next year, against his former defensive coordinator. What if UNC wins? That will be 3 loses in 4 games to ACC opponents!

I'm glad you're optimistic, which I have been for my whole life, up until now. But, despite all the money and facilities, I see regression, I see our fan base being lied to(we will not be outworked, but not using all of our practices), I see apathy, and I see many loses next year.

We've run out of excuses.