CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
thekob
RGHoskins
Captain9Dragons
MountainCock
Wisercock
TastyLicks
Gamecockman12
SanAntonioCock
kingofnerf
Spur's Addiction
OKST MBB dismisses t (594)
Gamecock Baseball Fa (237)
400 evacuated after (205)
*** USC MBB (9-7, 4- (132)
Total lunar eclipse (43)
*** #15 UofSC WBB (12-4,
Coaching changes
*** USC MBB (9-7, 4-0) @
I wonder if Muschamp and
How Good Can Frank's Team
*** UofSC MBB (8-7, 3-0)
CBB: GAMECOCKS @ COMMODOR
Cannot navigate Gamecocks
No longer USC
OKST MBB dismisses three

Old 01-03-2019, 11:36 AM   #21
Master Bedroom
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 10500
Master Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot material
Default Re: Need some advice - should I go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcock View Post
Really? How old are you? 6
Master Bedroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 11:44 AM   #22
AikenRooster
Most hated poster.

Male

CockyCash: 5399
AikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to AikenRooster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKE226 View Post
I'd go if nothing else to see the game. I hear that stadium is a POS and ticket prices have really dropped.
Yeah, I heard there are tickets for as low as $115. Both fan bases are from poor states and done went broke going to so many playoff, conference championship, and national championship games. That's a damn good problem to have.
I'd go, if I lived in the bay area.
Old 01-03-2019, 11:48 AM   #23
cocknblue
Looking for Lee Ho Fook's

Male

CockyCash: 1500
cocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscjeremynca View Post
So there are lots of tickets available and I'm seriously considering going to the national championship game on Monday. I'd wear all my South Carolina stuff to piss off Clemson fans that are there. Tickets are reasonable for the game and I'd have to get off work. Should I go? If Clemson wins it would suck and I could get a lot of heat from Clemson fans being there.
Doing that sounds like something a Clemson fan would do to us. So save your money and watch it on TV (better seat, the food and beer are better and cheaper, and there won't be any Clemson fans around to listen to).
Old 01-03-2019, 11:57 AM   #24
SC Gamecock
IT IS WHAT IT IS

Male

CockyCash: 200
SC Gamecock is USC mascot materialSC Gamecock is USC mascot materialSC Gamecock is USC mascot materialSC Gamecock is USC mascot materialSC Gamecock is USC mascot materialSC Gamecock is USC mascot materialSC Gamecock is USC mascot materialSC Gamecock is USC mascot materialSC Gamecock is USC mascot materialSC Gamecock is USC mascot materialSC Gamecock is USC mascot material

I wore my South Carolina hat to the peach bowl a few years ago (Tennessee vs va tech) and only caught crap from a couple volunteer fans in front of me who said in their country bumpkin voice “looky here Paul we gotta gamecock”.

Then again I remember being pretty young and would probably never do that as an adult... but you’d definitely catch crap from clemson fans and would probably diminish your experience but what the heck.

I saw a guy at the SECCG completely decked out from head to toe in Florida gators hat and blue jumpsuit, and it was like “eh? Year early huh?”
SC Gamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 01:06 PM   #25
mpilot0705
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1996220
mpilot0705 is USC mascot materialmpilot0705 is USC mascot materialmpilot0705 is USC mascot materialmpilot0705 is USC mascot materialmpilot0705 is USC mascot materialmpilot0705 is USC mascot materialmpilot0705 is USC mascot materialmpilot0705 is USC mascot materialmpilot0705 is USC mascot materialmpilot0705 is USC mascot materialmpilot0705 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to mpilot0705

I would go if I was you but don't do it to rile up Clemson fans, just to see a national championship. Work had me in Omaha a few years ago and I went to the first game of the Championship series when it was UVA vs Vanderbilt. It's pretty neat to be able to see any national championship game and at that price it would be worth it to go just for the pageantry. If your goal is to get a rise out of Clemson fans I might would avoid it, but just as a college football fan it might be a once-in-a-lifetime experience. It could end up being one of those game of the century type events as well which would be neat to be able to say you were there.
Old 01-03-2019, 01:46 PM   #26
cocky0

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Fark of the Year Christmas Farking Contest: Christmas Farking Contest - Given for: Winning Farking Contest 
CockyCash: 10100000
cocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to cocky0

Make a copy of the ticket. Sell the original to a Bama fan and the copy to a tater Then go have fun with the profits.
Old 01-03-2019, 02:16 PM   #27
Roosterboy
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

I would.
Get a chance to see Tua play, as well as probably see the two best teams and get to see a good game.

Plus, how often did you get to see a good game from our guys? Might as well get a chance to take in a good one.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 02:18 PM   #28
Roosterboy
1st Team All-American

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

I probably would not wear all my USC gear...seems like it would open you to more ridicule (kinda hard to thump the chest when you get shutout in a bowl game and lost to your rival again).

Act with class, and just go to enjoy a good game.
Two-time National Champs

Old 01-03-2019, 02:40 PM   #29
BringBackGarcia
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1000
BringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot material

Are y'all serious? You guys would pay money to watch Clemson and Bama?

Let's say this is Clemson and Auburn, do y'all think Bama fans would be going just to watch a good football game? F### Clemson. I can think of nothing more awful to be in that stadium if Clemson win, nor much worse than being surrounded by a ton of Clemson fans lamenting another loss in a national title game while I hoped that we can break 0.500 next year. You can't even talk crap since both Bama and Clemson would beat us by 3 TDs or more unless Bentley plays out of his head again.
BringBackGarcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 03:03 PM   #30
uscjeremynca
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 10590
uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material

Thanks for the feedback. So let me share more information.

I have a leftover gift card for StubHub so I would be getting tickets for free or at least have a huge chunk paid for. I'm not giving Clemson or Bama money. This would be all about experiencing a championship game in my backyard at dirt cheap prices which I wouldn't even have to pay for.

This is my home. I've lived here for over 17 years. I wear my South Carolina stuff all the time. For me to wear Gamecocks stuff to a sporting event isn't unusual. Sure Clemson fans will be there but they are here on my turf and I have a right to wear what I want. I am aware of the potential conflicts it may cause but being a Gamecocks or Tigers fan out here brings a completely different perspective. It could be a good conversation starter or bring a lot of hatred. And I know Alabama fans wouldn't mind.

Lot of other factors go into this as well that I haven't mentioned. So as great as this opportunity is, not an easy decision.
uscjeremynca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 04:07 PM   #31
SheckWes
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
SheckWes rules the CockPitSheckWes rules the CockPitSheckWes rules the CockPitSheckWes rules the CockPitSheckWes rules the CockPitSheckWes rules the CockPitSheckWes rules the CockPitSheckWes rules the CockPitSheckWes rules the CockPitSheckWes rules the CockPitSheckWes rules the CockPit

Quote:

I have a leftover gift card for StubHub so I would be getting tickets for free or at least have a huge chunk paid for. I'm not giving Clemson or Bama money. This would be all about experiencing a championship game in my backyard at dirt cheap prices which I wouldn't even have to pay for.

This is my home. I've lived here for over 17 years. I wear my South Carolina stuff all the time. For me to wear Gamecocks stuff to a sporting event isn't unusual. Sure Clemson fans will be there but they are here on my turf and I have a right to wear what I want. I am aware of the potential conflicts it may cause but being a Gamecocks or Tigers fan out here brings a completely different perspective. It could be a good conversation starter or bring a lot of hatred. And I know Alabama fans wouldn't mind.

Lot of other factors go into this as well that I haven't mentioned. So as great as this opportunity is, not an easy decision.
Sounds fun!

Do it!
Old 01-03-2019, 04:54 PM   #32
Nureye
White helmets rule

Male

CockyCash: 6465
Nureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot material

I saw a guy wearing Clemson gear at the Belk Bowl.

That guy was being a douche.

If i lived close, I would go to the game and pull for Bama. Maybe, wear black. That is all.
Old 01-03-2019, 04:58 PM   #33
cocky0

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Fark of the Year Christmas Farking Contest: Christmas Farking Contest - Given for: Winning Farking Contest 
CockyCash: 10100000
cocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to cocky0

You could show up in Auburn or LSU gear and ask when do the tigers start playing.
Old 01-03-2019, 05:27 PM   #34
uscjeremynca
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 10590
uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nureye View Post
I saw a guy wearing Clemson gear at the Belk Bowl.

That guy was being a douche.

If i lived close, I would go to the game and pull for Bama. Maybe, wear black. That is all.
I wouldn't be a dick about it. That's not the way I am.
uscjeremynca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 05:55 PM   #35
Roosterboy
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:

I feel you.
If you can get it for a dirt cheap price, go and enjoy a game.
I still think getting to see Tua play is worth the ticket.
Remember when Davidson came to play USC and basketball and got to see Steph Curry play...dude was special.
Two-time National Champs

Old 01-03-2019, 05:57 PM   #36
Cocky2001
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 800
Cocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot material

Do it! But do it for the fun of the experience. "In the end, it's the things you DON'T do..." Besides, if you are holding out for us to be in this game, you might have to wait another minute or two...

Went to grad school in New Orleans...the basketball tourney came to town second round...Ga Tech (Dennis Scott and Bobby Cremins) in the Dome...went to the first game as a last second decision...got to see them twice...wore a Tech shirt second day, wore my Gamecock hat both times (scalped tickets for 10-15 bucks outside)...got a thumbs up from Bobby Cremins...totally worth it!
to come true." Bodhi.
Cocky2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 07:38 PM   #37
TKE226
Damn Yankee

Male

CockyCash: 1343234
TKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot material

Some let the Clemson thing cloud judgement. I'd go for the experience as well. I've never been to a Natty so if you can do it and cheaply I sure would.
TKE226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 12:18 AM   #38
DJCatfish
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 4400
DJCatfish is USC mascot materialDJCatfish is USC mascot materialDJCatfish is USC mascot materialDJCatfish is USC mascot materialDJCatfish is USC mascot materialDJCatfish is USC mascot materialDJCatfish is USC mascot materialDJCatfish is USC mascot materialDJCatfish is USC mascot materialDJCatfish is USC mascot materialDJCatfish is USC mascot material

So I can only throw in my view from going to the basketball championship in 2017. Wife and I went to our final four game in Phoenix, and since we were there and had the tickets, also went to the championship game (UNC v. Gonzaga) after visiting the Grand Canyon in between. I thought it would be really cool to be at the national championship, figured the atmosphere would be unlike anything else -- surely the high stakes would permeate the whole building with a nervous energy.

Honestly, it was fun, but not really that great. Maybe football is different, and I personally enjoy live football more than basketball. But in my personal experience, the fact that it was the national championship didn't really add much -- it was just two really good teams squaring off, and I didn't particularly care for either of them.

So if it was unbelievably easy, I'd go if I were you. But I wouldn't spend much money, and I definitely wouldn't go very much out of my way. But again, just my view having attended a national championship in a different sport.
DJCatfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 12:37 AM   #39
TaySC
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 4621444
TaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot material

If I lived in California still, I wouldn't go to the game, but would save my money in order to move as soon as possible.
TaySC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 01:23 AM   #40
SC Sandlapper
Mr. 10,000

Male

CockyCash: 9650
SC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot material

Just me, but I don't wear Gamecock gear to college games we're not in (but that's about the only place I wouldn't wear Gamecock stuff).
SC Sandlapper is offline   Reply With Quote