CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
thekob
RGHoskins
Captain9Dragons
MountainCock
Wisercock
TastyLicks
Gamecockman12
SanAntonioCock
kingofnerf
Spur's Addiction
OKST MBB dismisses t (600)
Gamecock Baseball Fa (239)
400 evacuated after (209)
*** USC MBB (9-7, 4- (143)
Total lunar eclipse (52)
*** #15 UofSC WBB (12-4,
Coaching changes
*** USC MBB (9-7, 4-0) @
I wonder if Muschamp and
How Good Can Frank's Team
*** UofSC MBB (8-7, 3-0)
CBB: GAMECOCKS @ COMMODOR
Cannot navigate Gamecocks
No longer USC
OKST MBB dismisses three

Old 01-07-2019, 11:51 PM   #21
Ironfan
Household Name

CockyCash: 1866792
Ironfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2019 Preview

I am saying Muschamp has not earned the benefit of the doubt. To compare Muschamp to Spurrier is ridiculous
Ironfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 12:12 AM   #22
Gamecock303
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 95200
Gamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot material

the bottom line is this, for us to have a successful 2019 the players have to start stepping up. Physically we will be in the best position that we have been in since the run of 3 straight 11 win teams but there is one big difference that I see between those teams and what I saw this year. Those teams had players that stepped up and made big plays in big moments, and it wasn't always the Alshons, the Clowneys or the Gilmores. I remember Damiere Byrd ripping the ball away from a UGA defender on a ball that Shaw under threw on the first drive in 2012, and Devonte Holloman laying out for a pick in that same game. This year in big moments we got drops, missed blocks, missed tackles, blown assignments, etc.

we have to have guys step up for the program to take the next step.
Gamecock303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 12:14 AM   #23
wincocks84
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 5775
wincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot material

I know Muschamp hasn't won big like Spurrier, but he did make a Sugar bowl at Florida with zero offense. If we can just get both sides of the ball to be stellar....
wincocks84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 12:25 AM   #24
2k15
Music Lover

Male

CockyCash: 2016201620162000
2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material

I've got to be honest here after watching Clemson win the natty again the way they did.

We aren't going to make it to the top 15 again for a while now. We continue to recruit at an okay level, but it's not good enough compared to the recruiting competition we face in UGA, Florida, A&M, and Clemson.

Clemson is owning everything right now. They are kings of the world in football right now, they're a top 25 team in basketball, and they somehow continue to own us in baseball year after year despite our athletic and talent superiority.

This is a venting post, but does anyone seriously see us catching up any time soon? Our recruiting in every sport is stagnant, and we're not making any coaching staff changes in football.

It's gonna be the same next year, which is to say worse given our schedule.

Just sad.
Old 01-08-2019, 12:25 AM   #25
GreenwoodGamecock
Vault Dweller

Male

CockyCash: 990400
GreenwoodGamecock is developing his combGreenwoodGamecock is developing his combGreenwoodGamecock is developing his combGreenwoodGamecock is developing his combGreenwoodGamecock is developing his combGreenwoodGamecock is developing his combGreenwoodGamecock is developing his combGreenwoodGamecock is developing his combGreenwoodGamecock is developing his comb

Dabo's playing for championships and Spurrier is doing beer commercials and muschamp is scoreless to uva. Wtf
GreenwoodGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 12:27 AM   #26
wincocks84
1st Team All-SEC

Male

wincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenwoodGamecock View Post
Dabo's playing for championships and Spurrier is doing beer commercials and muschamp is scoreless to uva. Wtf
Haha. Seriously, Spurrier looks like an idiot on those commercials.
Old 01-08-2019, 01:02 AM   #27
AikenRooster
Most hated poster.

Male

CockyCash: 5399
AikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to AikenRooster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenwoodGamecock View Post
Yeah. This sucks. But, at least some South Carolinians are happy tonight.
Old 01-08-2019, 01:13 AM   #28
igotmycockcloth
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1300
igotmycockcloth is making other chickens nervousigotmycockcloth is making other chickens nervousigotmycockcloth is making other chickens nervousigotmycockcloth is making other chickens nervousigotmycockcloth is making other chickens nervousigotmycockcloth is making other chickens nervousigotmycockcloth is making other chickens nervousigotmycockcloth is making other chickens nervous

Beat Clemson.
igotmycockcloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 01:20 AM   #29
Aekkaa
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
Aekkaa is USC mascot materialAekkaa is USC mascot materialAekkaa is USC mascot materialAekkaa is USC mascot materialAekkaa is USC mascot materialAekkaa is USC mascot materialAekkaa is USC mascot materialAekkaa is USC mascot materialAekkaa is USC mascot materialAekkaa is USC mascot materialAekkaa is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironfan View Post
I am saying Muschamp has not earned the benefit of the doubt. To compare Muschamp to Spurrier is ridiculous
Actually, after 7 years, Muschamp has earned every single bit of skepticism and criticism he gets
Aekkaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 02:09 AM   #30
Order 66
Ed O'Bannon must pay

Male

CockyCash: 10950385
Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

Linebacker will be our Achilles heel. Hopefully the DL will improve, and can mask that weakness .

Dak needs to move to receiver in the offseason if he canít beat out Hilinski in the spring. Dak could be a Percy Harvin-like talent according to Luginbill.
Order 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 02:12 AM   #31
Order 66
Ed O'Bannon must pay

Male

CockyCash: 10950385
Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k15 View Post
I've got to be honest here after watching Clemson win the natty again the way they did.

We aren't going to make it to the top 15 again for a while now. We continue to recruit at an okay level, but it's not good enough compared to the recruiting competition we face in UGA, Florida, A&M, and Clemson.

Clemson is owning everything right now. They are kings of the world in football right now, they're a top 25 team in basketball, and they somehow continue to own us in baseball year after year despite our athletic and talent superiority.

This is a venting post, but does anyone seriously see us catching up any time soon? Our recruiting in every sport is stagnant, and we're not making any coaching staff changes in football.

It's gonna be the same next year, which is to say worse given our schedule.

Just sad.
Clemson has one hell of an AD.
Order 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 10:35 AM   #32
CoverTwo
If C2 doesn't trust you..

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

If you are marking 2019 as a make or break year for Muschamp, you are setting yourself up for a huge disappointment.

2019 is all about the young players developing from the 2017, 2018, and 2019 classes to get them ready for the 2020 season where we get Georgia, Tennessee, Missouri, and Texas A&M at home. We aren't winning the East in odd years where we have to go play at those schools stadiums.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 10:51 AM   #33
longhaul
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 2160
longhaul is USC mascot materiallonghaul is USC mascot materiallonghaul is USC mascot materiallonghaul is USC mascot materiallonghaul is USC mascot materiallonghaul is USC mascot materiallonghaul is USC mascot materiallonghaul is USC mascot materiallonghaul is USC mascot materiallonghaul is USC mascot materiallonghaul is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
If you are marking 2019 as a make or break year for Muschamp, you are setting yourself up for a huge disappointment.

2019 is all about the young players developing from the 2017, 2018, and 2019 classes to get them ready for the 2020 season where we get Georgia, Tennessee, Missouri, and Texas A&M at home. We aren't winning the East in odd years where we have to go play at those schools stadiums.

Agree. Many people on this board are going to lose their damn minds next year.
longhaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 11:00 AM   #34
CoverTwo
If C2 doesn't trust you..

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhaul View Post
Agree. Many people on this board are going to lose their damn minds next year.
Yep. I'm not looking at wins next season. I am looking to see development and improvement from our young players. We need guys like JJ Enagbare, Rick Sandidge, Josh Belk, Rosendo Louis, Ernest Jones, Jaycee Horn, Jonathan Gipson, Jaylin Dickerson, RJ Roderick, Izzy Mukuamu, Deshaun Fenwick, Josh Vann, Chad Terrell, OrTre Smith, and Dreke Davis all to show improvement.

If our young guys show signs that they are coming around, I am going to be happy and I think our win total will look pretty good as a result.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 11:27 AM   #35
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
CockyCash: 20200
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotrice? View Post
Actually it was year 6, I believe year 5 resulted in an ugly Papa John's Bowl loss to UCONN.
I thought it was year 6, but figured if I said 6 and it was 5 I would have been racked over the coals. Thought it would be easier to under shoot than over shoot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironfan View Post
Why? He's done more in the same time frame that Spurrier had at South Carolina? Everyone praises and worships Spurrier for 4 great seasons, but when I point out that this season's "mediocre" recruiting class is going to finish up higher than any of those of Spurrier's, that's still not good enough? Seems to me, you just don't like Muschamp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aekkaa View Post
Actually, after 7 years, Muschamp has earned every single bit of skepticism and criticism he gets
7? I thought Muschamp has only been South Carolina's coach for 3? My how time flies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoovecock View Post
I agree with Cack.
cack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 11:41 AM   #36
wincocks84
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:

I agree. However, it is setting up to be a perfect storm. Even with improvement, all many will care about are wins. And if we don't have many next year, recruiting becomes harder under this staff. I think we have to find a way to get back to a bowl game. I don't care which one. I also think we need to beat someone we aren't supposed to, mainly to show that we can compete with the big boys again. If we find ourselves at 4-8 or something like that, then we are going to really be in a rut going forward.
Old 01-08-2019, 11:51 AM   #37
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 1472263
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by wincocks84 View Post
I agree. However, it is setting up to be a perfect storm. Even with improvement, all many will care about are wins. And if we don't have many next year, recruiting becomes harder under this staff. I think we have to find a way to get back to a bowl game. I don't care which one. I also think we need to beat someone we aren't supposed to, mainly to show that we can compete with the big boys again. If we find ourselves at 4-8 or something like that, then we are going to really be in a rut going forward.
Agreed. It's time to win the big game. I'm not saying go beat Bama, Clemson, or UGA. But beat a top 15 UF at home. Beat a top 25 UK team for the first time in forever.
Old 01-08-2019, 12:08 PM   #38
wjmfour1
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
wjmfour1 has feathers coming inwjmfour1 has feathers coming inwjmfour1 has feathers coming in

Quote:
Originally Posted by wincocks84 View Post
Well it's like CWM says "you are what your record is"... I don't see how you can call it improvement if your record is trending in the wrong direction. There is no way we do better than 6-6 next year.. At this point, we are screwed for the immediate future... this nightmare will continue and unfortunately we can't do a damn thing to stop it.
wjmfour1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 12:41 PM   #39
carolinamyke
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 5500
carolinamyke is USC mascot materialcarolinamyke is USC mascot materialcarolinamyke is USC mascot materialcarolinamyke is USC mascot materialcarolinamyke is USC mascot materialcarolinamyke is USC mascot materialcarolinamyke is USC mascot materialcarolinamyke is USC mascot materialcarolinamyke is USC mascot materialcarolinamyke is USC mascot materialcarolinamyke is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjmfour1 View Post
Well it's like CWM says "you are what your record is"... I don't see how you can call it improvement if your record is trending in the wrong direction. There is no way we do better than 6-6 next year.. At this point, we are screwed for the immediate future... this nightmare will continue and unfortunately we can't do a damn thing to stop it.

Well actually its been documented in many other situations that year 3 is usually a slight drop off due to recruiting etc when a team is in a total rebuild
carolinamyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 01:23 PM   #40
Ace Dilcock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 128944
Ace Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Yep. I'm not looking at wins next season. I am looking to see development and improvement from our young players. We need guys like JJ Enagbare, Rick Sandidge, Josh Belk, Rosendo Louis, Ernest Jones, Jaycee Horn, Jonathan Gipson, Jaylin Dickerson, RJ Roderick, Izzy Mukuamu, Deshaun Fenwick, Josh Vann, Chad Terrell, OrTre Smith, and Dreke Davis all to show improvement.

If our young guys show signs that they are coming around, I am going to be happy and I think our win total will look pretty good as a result.
Most of the guys on your list will be 2nd year players that are not O Linemen or QBs. There are 4 that are 3rd year guys.

In other words - if they cannot help to make us a really good team next year, then don't worry about their development. They will never be able to help us.

It is unfair to expect Freshmen to carry your team. On the flip side, good players contribute long before their Senior years, especially on D. If they are good, the time is now.

If we do not see major improvement next year with good recruiting, light graduation losses, and a LOT of players coming back from injury, Boom might not be our guy. It is time to produce.

"PFW79 was right."
Ace Dilcock is offline   Reply With Quote