CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
thekob
RGHoskins
Captain9Dragons
MountainCock
Wisercock
TastyLicks
Gamecockman12
SanAntonioCock
kingofnerf
Spur's Addiction
OKST MBB dismisses t (594)
Gamecock Baseball Fa (237)
400 evacuated after (205)
*** USC MBB (9-7, 4- (132)
Total lunar eclipse (43)
*** #15 UofSC WBB (12-4,
Coaching changes
*** USC MBB (9-7, 4-0) @
I wonder if Muschamp and
How Good Can Frank's Team
*** UofSC MBB (8-7, 3-0)
CBB: GAMECOCKS @ COMMODOR
Cannot navigate Gamecocks
No longer USC
OKST MBB dismisses three

Old 01-08-2019, 11:36 AM   #21
wincocks84
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 5775
wincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot material
Default Re: We need character

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flameout12 View Post
Annual beatdown by the taters = short leash.

While I would normally agree with you, Clemson has become a powerhouse program and we cannot base our coach's success solely on this game. There has to be other goals. Namely, winning the East. At this point that is what I want to see. Just get there again.
wincocks84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 11:56 AM   #22
Schark
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 11400
Schark is USC mascot materialSchark is USC mascot materialSchark is USC mascot materialSchark is USC mascot materialSchark is USC mascot materialSchark is USC mascot materialSchark is USC mascot materialSchark is USC mascot materialSchark is USC mascot materialSchark is USC mascot materialSchark is USC mascot material

Anyone else read the JC Shurburtt - Gamecocks have to get back to the "entry point" - piece on TBS?

It was a pretty decent read.
Old 01-08-2019, 12:06 PM   #23
TKE226
Damn Yankee

Male

CockyCash: 1343234
TKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot material

so we got new coaches??
TKE226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 12:19 PM   #24
AndersonCock
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 3000
AndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schark View Post
Anyone else read the JC Shurburtt - Gamecocks have to get back to the "entry point" - piece on TBS?

It was a depressing read. How long til we get back to ďthe entry point?Ē 2025? 2030? Muschamp wonít last that long
AndersonCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 12:51 PM   #25
pitchcock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 29698000
pitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc455 View Post
I think muschamp made a bad move by immediately getting rid of jack easterby..what clemson sells to a recruit is what muschamp cut.
Huh?

Easterby was let go years before Muschamp came here, IIRC.
pitchcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 12:52 PM   #26
JoeMorrisonLives
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 3000
JoeMorrisonLives is crowing loudlyJoeMorrisonLives is crowing loudlyJoeMorrisonLives is crowing loudlyJoeMorrisonLives is crowing loudlyJoeMorrisonLives is crowing loudlyJoeMorrisonLives is crowing loudlyJoeMorrisonLives is crowing loudlyJoeMorrisonLives is crowing loudlyJoeMorrisonLives is crowing loudlyJoeMorrisonLives is crowing loudlyJoeMorrisonLives is crowing loudly

Quote:
I think muschamp made a bad move by immediately getting rid of jack easterby..what clemson sells to a recruit is what muschamp cut.

Regardless of what many here may believe, many parents like to send kids to schools where they truly feel their kids will be looked after. Clemson is presented as family and That's why they stay. And truthfully it pains me to say it but if I had an elite son I would definitely consider clemtech.

Dabo gets laughed at and mocked for his religious views but believe it or not many people like that. And I do think they are genuine and not manufactured..you can't consistently live what you don't preach without the closest around you figuring it out.
Dabo isn't mocked for being religious, he's mocked for the blatant hypocrisy of pimping a faith his program doesn't really line up with. A lot of sins go unrepented and unpunished Vin them hills. Redemption is one thing, tolerance of sin (cheating, hitting women) is a sin and to involve religion for gain or to push a more positive perception is referred to as a sin. Spurrier was actually religious, he lived the right way and never made faith about him or his programs. Tim Tebow is a guy who got guff he didn't deserve, because when he involved God it was for praise and spreading the word. Now I fall short but I don't say I'm religious to gain people's trust because I know if I'm doing what I'm supposed to people should trust me for how I carry myself not for what I say about it.
JoeMorrisonLives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 12:57 PM   #27
pitchcock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 29698000
pitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndersonCock View Post
It was a depressing read. How long til we get back to ďthe entry point?Ē 2025? 2030? Muschamp wonít last that long
He essentially has two recruiting classes of his own here. 2016 was mainly Spurrier recruits.

Itís going to take time.

Big thing we need? Player leadership. Iím not seeing it. Jake says and does all the right things, but I donít see him as the guy whoíll put the team on his shoulders and carry them.

Swearinger, Lattimore, Shaw, guys like that...those are the types of guys weíre lacking.
pitchcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 01:04 PM   #28
Schark
Game MVP

Male

Schark is USC mascot materialSchark is USC mascot materialSchark is USC mascot materialSchark is USC mascot materialSchark is USC mascot materialSchark is USC mascot materialSchark is USC mascot materialSchark is USC mascot materialSchark is USC mascot materialSchark is USC mascot materialSchark is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchcock View Post
He essentially has two recruiting classes of his own here. 2016 was mainly Spurrier recruits.

Itís going to take time.

Big thing we need? Player leadership. Iím not seeing it. Jake says and does all the right things, but I donít see him as the guy whoíll put the team on his shoulders and carry them.

Swearinger, Lattimore, Shaw, guys like that...those are the types of guys weíre lacking.
I can't even count how many times I thought that during last season.
Old 01-08-2019, 01:07 PM   #29
Wkrice91
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 5500
Wkrice91 is USC mascot materialWkrice91 is USC mascot materialWkrice91 is USC mascot materialWkrice91 is USC mascot materialWkrice91 is USC mascot materialWkrice91 is USC mascot materialWkrice91 is USC mascot materialWkrice91 is USC mascot materialWkrice91 is USC mascot materialWkrice91 is USC mascot materialWkrice91 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Order 66 View Post
After beating Clemson 5-straight, Clemsonís mindset changed. Doing what it takes to have the best assistants, best recruits, and winning at all costs became an attitude. Until we take on a championship mentality, like using all your bowl practices, we will remain mediocre. No amount of 3-star qbs will change that.

Maybe Muschamp will turn us into an elite program by 2025, but Iím not holding my breath.
That is exactly right. They opened up the wallets and bought the best assistants that were available. This attracted the 5 star players, meanwhile some coaches were happy to have a few good walk-ons.
Wkrice91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 01:09 PM   #30
sc455
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 50200
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchcock View Post
Huh?

Easterby was let go years before Muschamp came here, IIRC.
no, he was let go by muschamp. fact
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 01:17 PM   #31
KJHillis
Champ

Male

CockyCash: 500
KJHillis rules the CockPitKJHillis rules the CockPitKJHillis rules the CockPitKJHillis rules the CockPitKJHillis rules the CockPitKJHillis rules the CockPitKJHillis rules the CockPitKJHillis rules the CockPitKJHillis rules the CockPitKJHillis rules the CockPitKJHillis rules the CockPit

So we should baptize players in a bathtub at practice? I'm good.
Old 01-08-2019, 01:20 PM   #32
Spur's Addiction
Been caught moddin'

Male

CockyCash: 1001856
Spur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJHillis View Post
So we should baptize players in a bathtub at practice? I'm good.

Filled with Ostarine
Old 01-08-2019, 01:20 PM   #33
KJHillis
Champ

Male

KJHillis rules the CockPitKJHillis rules the CockPitKJHillis rules the CockPitKJHillis rules the CockPitKJHillis rules the CockPitKJHillis rules the CockPitKJHillis rules the CockPitKJHillis rules the CockPitKJHillis rules the CockPitKJHillis rules the CockPitKJHillis rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Order 66 View Post
After beating Clemson 5-straight, Clemsonís mindset changed. Doing what it takes to have the best assistants, best recruits, and winning at all costs became an attitude. Until we take on a championship mentality, like using all your bowl practices, we will remain mediocre. No amount of 3-star qbs will change that.

Maybe Muschamp will turn us into an elite program by 2025, but Iím not holding my breath.
Has Muschamp not proven yet that he doing all he can? The program is being modeled after Alabama and Clemson. Not every program is doing that.

The bowl practices example is disingenuous.
Old 01-08-2019, 01:31 PM   #34
BringBackGarcia
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1000
BringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot material

Quote:

Well thought out. And it isn't depressing, it's true. A lot of programs, 90% likely, are in our same position. We need to stop using Clemson as a measuring stick right now and focus on ourselves and being competitive in the SEC east.
BringBackGarcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 01:36 PM   #35
Schark
Game MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringBackGarcia View Post
Well thought out. And it isn't depressing, it's true. A lot of programs, 90% likely, are in our same position. We need to stop using Clemson as a measuring stick right now and focus on ourselves and being competitive in the SEC east.
If we're competitive in the east and we go into the Clemson game with 2 or fewer losses we're a solid program and we're going to give Clemson a game.

Spurrier had it right when he shifted the focus away from Clemson and put our attention on getting to Atlanta.
Old 01-08-2019, 01:39 PM   #36
MrED
4-Star

Male

MrED rules the CockPitMrED rules the CockPitMrED rules the CockPitMrED rules the CockPitMrED rules the CockPitMrED rules the CockPitMrED rules the CockPitMrED rules the CockPitMrED rules the CockPitMrED rules the CockPitMrED rules the CockPit

Quote:
Has Muschamp not proven yet that he doing all he can? The program is being modeled after Alabama and Clemson. Not every program is doing that.

The bowl practices example is disingenuous.
He is, but its not exactly a great time to be at SC. Georgia, Clemson, Alabama, Florida, TexA&M on the schedule. To recruit great players you have to win...to win you need great players. Daunting task.
MrED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 01:42 PM   #37
wincocks84
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 5775
wincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Spurrier had it right when he shifted the focus away from Clemson and put our attention on getting to Atlanta.

This.
wincocks84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 01:43 PM   #38
Flameout12
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by wincocks84 View Post
...we cannot base our coach's success solely on this game.
But it will be....
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 01:50 PM   #39
Flameout12
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Has Muschamp not proven yet that he doing all he can?
Keeping a failing QB in the game...both teams that played last night, previously had replaced starting QBs with other guys. You do what it takes to win.
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 02:05 PM   #40
Wisercock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 20000
Wisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot material

Quote:

Regardless of what many here may believe, many parents like to send kids to schools where they truly feel their kids will be looked after. Clemson is presented as family and That's why they stay. And truthfully it pains me to say it but if I had an elite son I would definitely consider clemtech.

Dabo gets laughed at and mocked for his religious views but believe it or not many people like that. And I do think they are genuine and not manufactured..you can't consistently live what you don't preach without the closest around you figuring it out.
Was Easterby the chaplain that Muschamp let go?

I can't judge Swinney's faith. That's between him and God.