CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
thekob
RGHoskins
Captain9Dragons
MountainCock
Wisercock
TastyLicks
Gamecockman12
SanAntonioCock
kingofnerf
Spur's Addiction
OKST MBB dismisses t (594)
Gamecock Baseball Fa (237)
400 evacuated after (205)
*** USC MBB (9-7, 4- (132)
Total lunar eclipse (43)
*** #15 UofSC WBB (12-4,
Coaching changes
*** USC MBB (9-7, 4-0) @
I wonder if Muschamp and
How Good Can Frank's Team
*** UofSC MBB (8-7, 3-0)
CBB: GAMECOCKS @ COMMODOR
Cannot navigate Gamecocks
No longer USC
OKST MBB dismisses three

Old 01-08-2019, 09:01 AM   #1
GregoryHouse
Pompous Ass Hillbilly

Male

CockyCash: 5003673
GregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot material
Default 2019 Gamecocks Season Football Tickets

Yesterday I received an email from the Gamecocks Senior Executive of Ticket Sales.

Quote:
2019 Gamecock Football Season Tickets

Thank you for your interest in Gamecock Football. The 2019 Gamecock Football season will have 7 home games featuring match-ups against Alabama, Clemson, Florida, and Kentucky.

Season ticket deposits for the 2019 Gamecock Football season are available now!

Placing early deposits of $50 per seat will assist in selecting great seat locations for next season.

Season tickets start at just $465 per seat and payment plan options are available. Discounts available for USC Young Alumni, USC Faculty & Staff, and Parents of USC Students.

How many seats would you need together for Gamecock Football?

I’m available to answer any questions and help you secure great seats for Gamecock Football. I can be reached at (803) 777-7028 or cheesebc@mailbox.sc.edu

It is a yearly email football season ticket holders are surely familiar with.

Yesterday (and today) are probably bad times to send such an email considering...you know.

Are any of you who have season tickets, or do not have season tickets, considering making changes?

I will definitely reup my membership and take a long look at my options this season.
Old 01-08-2019, 09:06 AM   #2
Lonnie
Band

Male

CockyCash: 2001
Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2019 Gamecocks Season Football Tickets

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregoryHouse View Post
Yesterday I received an email from the Gamecocks Senior Executive of Ticket Sales.

Yesterday (and today) are probably bad times to send such an email considering...you know.

Are any of you who have season tickets, or do not have season tickets, considering making changes?

I will definitely reup my membership and take a long look at my options this season.
Ya know, I was thinking the same thing reading this. lol.

Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 11:15 AM   #3
gamecock1119
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 2800
gamecock1119 is developing his combgamecock1119 is developing his combgamecock1119 is developing his combgamecock1119 is developing his combgamecock1119 is developing his combgamecock1119 is developing his combgamecock1119 is developing his combgamecock1119 is developing his combgamecock1119 is developing his combgamecock1119 is developing his comb

Every time we lose to clemson, football (5 strait), basketball (3 strait), or baseball (4 strait series), let alone clemson winning a national championship, I don't want to give the Gamecock Club another dollar.
Some would say that's a losing mentality, or fans need to pay to expect results, or whatever.
But we already make over $20million more a year in revenue and still get these annual embarrassments from our rival.

After bad seasons, logically it's the smart time to upgrade seats, but I'm way too disengaged.

I will be renewing my football tickets but definitely not upping any donations or PSL's
gamecock1119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 11:42 AM   #4
AndersonCock
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 3000
AndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot material

Quote:

My family, 8 of us including my brother’s family, my family and my parents have decided that 2019 is our last year. Honestly I’d rather be 0-11 than Clemson winning titles and it’s past time we get ours. Lord knows we’ve suffered enough.
AndersonCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 12:54 PM   #5
RMaceJr
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 45650
RMaceJr is crowing loudlyRMaceJr is crowing loudlyRMaceJr is crowing loudlyRMaceJr is crowing loudlyRMaceJr is crowing loudlyRMaceJr is crowing loudlyRMaceJr is crowing loudlyRMaceJr is crowing loudlyRMaceJr is crowing loudlyRMaceJr is crowing loudlyRMaceJr is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndersonCock View Post
My family, 8 of us including my brother’s family, my family and my parents have decided that 2019 is our last year. Honestly I’d rather be 0-11 than Clemson winning titles and it’s past time we get ours. Lord knows we’ve suffered enough.
Man that is depressing to read. Abandon all hope ye who enter here.
RMaceJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 01:29 PM   #6
Schark
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 11400
Schark is USC mascot materialSchark is USC mascot materialSchark is USC mascot materialSchark is USC mascot materialSchark is USC mascot materialSchark is USC mascot materialSchark is USC mascot materialSchark is USC mascot materialSchark is USC mascot materialSchark is USC mascot materialSchark is USC mascot material

Quote:

This is the sort of thing that absolutely drives me nuts.

Is it me or does this email come off like selling raffle tickets at a wake?

Yesterday our rival is playing in the natty and today there's a freaking tiger paw flag waving on top of the State House and our athletic department decides now is a good time to send this email out?

This coming off the heels of the Akron free ticket debacle.

I mean at least let some time pass and try to get some positive news coming out of the program to preempt the season ticket email to generate some semblance of enthusiasm.

Ray needs to take a hard look at his staff over there.
Old 01-08-2019, 01:37 PM   #7
BringBackGarcia
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1000
BringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot material

I'm not renewing season tickets.

The reason being, regardless of success, is that I'm being priced out for the fun. My family of four for the season plus the donation was costing about 250$ per ticket per game. Basically, I was paying 1k, maybe selling two tickets for games my kids couldn't go to less than face value. I dropped the number of tickets to two the past few seasons, but even then the costs were the same and life made it hard to actually make the games. This season, the tickets I sold, none were for face value. That sucks.

So, I'd already decided to drop season tickets, buy a SEC game and a non-conference game per year, and keep donating.

However, after watching the bowl game, I'm tiering my donations. 9 wins + and I'll donate where I was before, less than that, I'll donate a level down. I'm not a baller, but the difference is important to me and takes the sting out of watching my donations come out monthly while convincing myself that there's progress.
BringBackGarcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 01:39 PM   #8
wincocks84
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 5775
wincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot material

Yeah this is strange timing. Is this earlier than usual? I may consider buying tickets, simply because we have some great teams coming to Columbia. At the same time, it is a daunting schedule and I'm thinking down year. You never know though. Next year could be a seismic shift (positive) for the program.
wincocks84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 05:35 PM   #9
CarolinaCJAM
Class of 2017

Male

CockyCash: 400
CarolinaCJAM is crowing loudlyCarolinaCJAM is crowing loudlyCarolinaCJAM is crowing loudlyCarolinaCJAM is crowing loudlyCarolinaCJAM is crowing loudlyCarolinaCJAM is crowing loudlyCarolinaCJAM is crowing loudlyCarolinaCJAM is crowing loudlyCarolinaCJAM is crowing loudlyCarolinaCJAM is crowing loudlyCarolinaCJAM is crowing loudly

Just FYI:

It was not a mass email to everyone from the athletics department. These emails are spread out and targeted to maybe 200+ people per day who are not current season ticket holders for football.
Old 01-08-2019, 06:07 PM   #10
SC Sandlapper
Mr. 10,000

Male

CockyCash: 9650
SC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot material

I didn't get that email but we're trying to decide about season tickets next year. Currently we are full scholly and have tickets for football and both basketballs. We have decided to cut back but haven't decided to what extent. There are other factors besides our dissatisfaction with football and the athletic dept.
SC Sandlapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 06:29 PM   #11
JTJGarnet
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 450
JTJGarnet is USC mascot materialJTJGarnet is USC mascot materialJTJGarnet is USC mascot materialJTJGarnet is USC mascot materialJTJGarnet is USC mascot materialJTJGarnet is USC mascot materialJTJGarnet is USC mascot materialJTJGarnet is USC mascot materialJTJGarnet is USC mascot materialJTJGarnet is USC mascot materialJTJGarnet is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schark View Post
This is the sort of thing that absolutely drives me nuts.

Is it me or does this email come off like selling raffle tickets at a wake?

Yesterday our rival is playing in the natty and today there's a freaking tiger paw flag waving on top of the State House and our athletic department decides now is a good time to send this email out?

This coming off the heels of the Akron free ticket debacle.

I mean at least let some time pass and try to get some positive news coming out of the program to preempt the season ticket email to generate some semblance of enthusiasm.

Ray needs to take a hard look at his staff over there.

DITTO!!! Their actions appear so bush league and ill informed. Timing in sales is critical - this effort is an epic failure.
JTJGarnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 06:43 PM   #12
carolina_corpsman
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 10500
carolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot material

I'll still donate, won't be buying season tickets.
carolina_corpsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 06:52 PM   #13
InletCock1989
5th Year Senior

Male

CockyCash: 400
InletCock1989 is USC mascot materialInletCock1989 is USC mascot materialInletCock1989 is USC mascot materialInletCock1989 is USC mascot materialInletCock1989 is USC mascot materialInletCock1989 is USC mascot materialInletCock1989 is USC mascot materialInletCock1989 is USC mascot materialInletCock1989 is USC mascot materialInletCock1989 is USC mascot materialInletCock1989 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecock1119 View Post
Every time we lose to clemson, football (5 strait), basketball (3 strait), or baseball (4 strait series), let alone clemson winning a national championship, I don't want to give the Gamecock Club another dollar.
Some would say that's a losing mentality, or fans need to pay to expect results, or whatever.
But we already make over $20million more a year in revenue and still get these annual embarrassments from our rival.

After bad seasons, logically it's the smart time to upgrade seats, but I'm way too disengaged.

I will be renewing my football tickets but definitely not upping any donations or PSL's

The Bearing Straits lolololoo
InletCock1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 07:38 PM   #14
Cocky2001
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 800
Cocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot material

I didn't get this email but two other 'weekly' emails. I think this is to prospective season ticket buyers. January is the month for re-upping GC memberships...season tix are in either April or May...typically, at least.

I hesitate to post about future plans so close to the end of this disappointing season, let's just say that as a 25 year season ticket holder, I am glad that I have until the 31st to decide about my dues this year.

I have posted numerous times this season that we aren't as far away as things might seem, but then you factor in the bowl games and Boom's dismal sideline coaching, and...well, I am sure everyone here feels the same way. I have sat through worse, I didn't miss a home game during the 1-21 stretch, caught an upright after the New Mex win, but right now, I don't have much confidence in Boom, I am questioning Tanner (who I like personally), and find myself looking for some glimmer of hope. I am finding myself more apathetic than outraged at this point and that is a dangerous emotion. You can steer happiness or anger...but trying to steer apathy is like trying to get a spaghetti noodle to stand upright on one end.
to come true." Bodhi.
Cocky2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 07:58 PM   #15
gAmkok
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 4000
gAmkok is USC mascot materialgAmkok is USC mascot materialgAmkok is USC mascot materialgAmkok is USC mascot materialgAmkok is USC mascot materialgAmkok is USC mascot materialgAmkok is USC mascot materialgAmkok is USC mascot materialgAmkok is USC mascot materialgAmkok is USC mascot materialgAmkok is USC mascot material

Here's a question...

If one were to decrease their donation level, do they retain their current seats (for football and basketball)?

I'm aware that seat selection dates/times are based on priority points, but I seem to recall there was another, more punitive reason to maintain your donation level.
gAmkok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 11:04 PM   #16
IslandCock
Go! Fight! Win! Kick ASS!

Male

CockyCash: 13701490
IslandCock is USC mascot materialIslandCock is USC mascot materialIslandCock is USC mascot materialIslandCock is USC mascot materialIslandCock is USC mascot materialIslandCock is USC mascot materialIslandCock is USC mascot materialIslandCock is USC mascot materialIslandCock is USC mascot materialIslandCock is USC mascot materialIslandCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gAmkok View Post
Here's a question...

If one were to decrease their donation level, do they retain their current seats (for football and basketball)?

I'm aware that seat selection dates/times are based on priority points, but I seem to recall there was another, more punitive reason to maintain your donation level.
Not for football... must maintain giving level to renew seats.
IslandCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 10:00 PM   #17
carolina_corpsman
Heisman Candidate

Male

carolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot material

With this ugly new U of SC crap, everybody should include a letter with their donations telling the university to stop being such sell outs.
Old 01-09-2019, 10:54 PM   #18
garnetmike
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
garnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot material

I’ve had season tickets for 27 years now. I spend $2500 for parking every year. I travel 3.5 hours one way and spend a ton of money of lodging and restaurants to watch the same stupid band songs, the same players since muschamp doesn’t substitute QBs and the product on the field is mid level at best. This past season I gave away all tickets except two games opting to live out my frustrations long distance on television and texting with fellow gamecocks.

Unless I get some crazy inspiration in the next week or so I won’t be renewing. There’s simply better ways to spend my time other than the 3 hours or so on game day in front of a television.

For me things have come full circle. I started out as a ten year old listening to Bob Fulton and then started going to games in my twenties. Then season pass holder for 27 and now I think I going back to listening on whatever media is appropriate for a given game - television, espn app, etc

Still a Gamecock but they’ve gotten a lot of money out of me for nearly 30 years and they have provided little in the way of success.

So I’ll invest in more lake toys and watch the games from the top of my boat.

I’ll always be a gamecock but done with the BS. Tired of political correctness, logo BS, changing from USC to UofSC. You know you can almost spell suck out of this new derivative.

Tired of cow towing to SoCal. You name it. I’ll spend my money elsewhere where it will hopefully be put to better use.

Tired of Tanner too.
garnetmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 11:27 PM   #19
75CarolinaFan
Gatorade Poster of d Year

Male

CockyCash: 100200
75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnetmike View Post
I’ve had season tickets for 27 years now. I spend $2500 for parking every year. I travel 3.5 hours one way and spend a ton of money of lodging and restaurants to watch the same stupid band songs, the same players since muschamp doesn’t substitute QBs and the product on the field is mid level at best. This past season I gave away all tickets except two games opting to live out my frustrations long distance on television and texting with fellow gamecocks.

Unless I get some crazy inspiration in the next week or so I won’t be renewing. There’s simply better ways to spend my time other than the 3 hours or so on game day in front of a television.

For me things have come full circle. I started out as a ten year old listening to Bob Fulton and then started going to games in my twenties. Then season pass holder for 27 and now I think I going back to listening on whatever media is appropriate for a given game - television, espn app, etc

Still a Gamecock but they’ve gotten a lot of money out of me for nearly 30 years and they have provided little in the way of success.

So I’ll invest in more lake toys and watch the games from the top of my boat.

I’ll always be a gamecock but done with the BS. Tired of political correctness, logo BS, changing from USC to UofSC. You know you can almost spell suck out of this new derivative.

Tired of cow towing to SoCal. You name it. I’ll spend my money elsewhere where it will hopefully be put to better use.

Tired of Tanner too.
I'm with you. A few seasons back I sold my season tix. The next year I dropped to the lowest level where I could keep my points. Can't remember if it was $55 or $100 level. That way, if the powers that be down there ever do get their heads out of their collective rear and commit to winning, I won't lose as much. I won't get my exact seats back, but all that hard earned money over 15 years of being in the GC Club won't be lost. You won't lose your spot for postseason tix etc either. Just a thought if you do decide to pull the trigger.
75CarolinaFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 11:37 PM   #20
carolina_corpsman
Heisman Candidate

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by 75CarolinaFan View Post
I'm with you. A few seasons back I sold my season tix. The next year I dropped to the lowest level where I could keep my points. Can't remember if it was $55 or $100 level. That way, if the powers that be down there ever do get their heads out of their collective rear and commit to winning, I won't lose as much. I won't get my exact seats back, but all that hard earned money over 15 years of being in the GC Club won't be lost. You won't lose your spot for postseason tix etc either. Just a thought if you do decide to pull the trigger.
Yup, giving at the lowest level to retain points, but if i go to a game I'll buy on stub hub or at the stadium. Or sit at home and watch it on a 55" tv with surround sound and a private bathroom.