CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
thekob
RGHoskins
Captain9Dragons
MountainCock
Wisercock
TastyLicks
Gamecockman12
SanAntonioCock
kingofnerf
Spur's Addiction
OKST MBB dismisses t (594)
Gamecock Baseball Fa (237)
400 evacuated after (205)
*** USC MBB (9-7, 4- (132)
Total lunar eclipse (43)
*** #15 UofSC WBB (12-4,
Coaching changes
*** USC MBB (9-7, 4-0) @
I wonder if Muschamp and
How Good Can Frank's Team
*** UofSC MBB (8-7, 3-0)
CBB: GAMECOCKS @ COMMODOR
Cannot navigate Gamecocks
No longer USC
OKST MBB dismisses three

Old 01-08-2019, 06:42 PM   #21
ucan'tlickourcocks
The "other" M. Lattimore

Male

CockyCash: 178014111572
ucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot material
Default Re: Refreshing posts on Cockytalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eutaw Kid View Post
To each his own! I care nothing about the NFL until the Superbowl. I guess it's more important to you, since you're from Charlotte. College football is by far the best sport in my book! Love it.
This! Do you remember what it was like to 18, unsure of your potential and place in life, these kids don't yet know their limitations. To me, makes it more fun to watch.....

I lived in Charlotte for the Hornets and Panthers when it was nearly impossible to get a ticket. Now I likely wouldn't go if you gave me one! LOL

Keep your pro athletes..... I will take college every day of the week, and twice on Sunday!
ucan'tlickourcocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 07:09 PM   #22
Cocky2001
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 800
Cocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Sandlapper View Post
I agree that some of the posts I saw last night helped get me down off the ledge too. I still really don't like a lot of what I see going on with our athletic department and football team but I'm not going to rant about it today. Going to try hard and be less obsessed for a while.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 75CarolinaFan View Post
It's the first step to apathy. I wonder how level-headed Clemson was after 5 in a row and the decision to up their game paying recruits, using Ostarine, and locking in successful coordinators?

At Carolina being a real fan means accepting defeat/inferiority? Our new motto, "It just means less."???

It hasn't been 24 hours yet and this is one of the two emotions I have run into. The other is complete disgust with all things football related in Cola and wanting everyone from Tanner down fired.

No one I encountered today was thrilled that Bent is coming back...and if the last two CFP games have shown us anything, it is that a true freshman can win this game...even if he has to replace a QB that played in the CFP the year before. I am not a supporter of any one QB, but I am tired of the sh!t-show we had this season and coaches that are playing for and winning the CFP aren't shy of making changes. (except last night...where was Hurts in the 2nd Q?).

Champ isn't inspiring any confidence right now. JoMo had his faults, plenty of them, but you knew on gameday that no one was going to out-coach him. He was a master on the sidelines. This season, this staff looked just the opposite of Coach Joe.

In answer to the "I wonder how level-headed Clemson was after 5 in a row?" The answer is simple...they had a meeting like they had back in '75 at the infamous Esso Club and they made the plans and took the steps to right the ship. IE, the fans took over, demanded more, and laid out the plans for the changes.
to come true." Bodhi.
Cocky2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 08:08 PM   #23
USCBaseball
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 690
USCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc455 View Post
lol, thats not true..clemson wasnt ramped for our game. they had that game in hand. if they played us like they played last night we wouldnt have scored.
lol, that's not true. They ALWAYS get ramped up for their rival whether they beat us by 50 or lose to us by 50. Dabo wants to beat SC every year, this game is important to him, therefore its important to his team. Keep telling yourself whatever makes you feel good about tearing down our team, not your first post like this.
USCBaseball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 08:09 PM   #24
GregoryHouse
Pompous Ass Hillbilly

Male

CockyCash: 5003673
GregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot material

Quote:
It's the first step to apathy. I wonder how level-headed Clemson was after 5 in a row and the decision to up their game paying recruits, using Ostarine, and locking in successful coordinators?

At Carolina being a real fan means accepting defeat/inferiority? Our new motto, "It just means less."???
Dabo has “for sale” signs on his yard and his legacy was starting to turn into Clemsoning Goober who could not beat Spurrier after initial success.

The fans in Columbia would have ran him off after the five bomb if he was our coach.
Old 01-08-2019, 08:13 PM   #25
USCBaseball
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 690
USCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot material

Quote:

No you are a real fan because you bitch about the program and how you and an elite group of fans are the only ones that know what's wrong with our fanbase and what it will take to bring us to a championship level. Is it possible to hire you as our new AD? You would beat the apathy out of our BOT and fans, you would do whatever it takes to make us winners. Thank God for you.
USCBaseball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 08:20 PM   #26
EAtMoRTaYtErz
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 7500
EAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot material

Poor fools are in denial that we are in for some hard times ahead. Can't blame them though. I don't want to accept the reality of it either but it's just the hard truth. Moral victories, small improvements, and only ifs, are not about to change attitudes about Carolina Football at this point. It's time for a 10-11 win season with some big time victories on a National stage. Every bit of mediocrity from USC only makes Clemson stronger.
EAtMoRTaYtErz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 08:30 PM   #27
TucockShakur
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 3000
TucockShakur is USC mascot materialTucockShakur is USC mascot materialTucockShakur is USC mascot materialTucockShakur is USC mascot materialTucockShakur is USC mascot materialTucockShakur is USC mascot materialTucockShakur is USC mascot materialTucockShakur is USC mascot materialTucockShakur is USC mascot materialTucockShakur is USC mascot materialTucockShakur is USC mascot material

If you hit F5, all posts are refreshing.
TucockShakur is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 11:51 PM   #28
tpep
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
tpep is USC mascot materialtpep is USC mascot materialtpep is USC mascot materialtpep is USC mascot materialtpep is USC mascot materialtpep is USC mascot materialtpep is USC mascot materialtpep is USC mascot materialtpep is USC mascot materialtpep is USC mascot materialtpep is USC mascot material

No use for the nfl
tpep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 12:35 AM   #29
75CarolinaFan
Gatorade Poster of d Year

Male

CockyCash: 100200
75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregoryHouse View Post
Dabo has “for sale” signs on his yard and his legacy was starting to turn into Clemsoning Goober who could not beat Spurrier after initial success.

The fans in Columbia would have ran him off after the five bomb if he was our coach.
We'd never fire a coach that was winning our conference and making BCS bowl games(at the time). That's ludicrous.
75CarolinaFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 12:37 AM   #30
75CarolinaFan

Male

75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBaseball View Post
No you are a real fan because you bitch about the program and how you and an elite group of fans are the only ones that know what's wrong with our fanbase and what it will take to bring us to a championship level. Is it possible to hire you as our new AD? You would beat the apathy out of our BOT and fans, you would do whatever it takes to make us winners. Thank God for you.
You're right. Because continuing to do what we've always done has worked so well. What do you know about about great hires? You thought Muschamp was a great hire.
Old 01-09-2019, 12:46 AM   #31
sandstorm2001
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 50700
sandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot material

Quote:

Some of us can look objectively at the situation. Somebody at Clemson was able to do the same when Dabo survived the 70-33 beat down in the Orange bowl and lost to USC 5 times in a row for the first time since...the 80s??

What are you, as a fan, doing to help the program more than any of the rest of us?
Old 01-09-2019, 01:47 AM   #32
75CarolinaFan

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandstorm2001 View Post
Some of us can look objectively at the situation. Somebody at Clemson was able to do the same when Dabo survived the 70-33 beat down in the Orange bowl and lost to USC 5 times in a row for the first time since...the 80s??

What are you, as a fan, doing to help the program more than any of the rest of us?

Clemson won 47 games in that 5 year period. They also appeared in 2 BCS Bowls. The beat down you mention and they beat Ohio State. They also beat top 15 LSU in a bowl game. Oh, and a conference championship. Their first conference championship since 1991. They were close but they needed a boost that only paying recruits, PEDs, and locking in successful coordinators could do.

I'm refusing to accept that hiring coaches that are proven failures at programs with unlimited resources are okay. I'm voicing my dissatisfaction in every way I possibly can. I gave up my season tickets and dropped to the lowest level the Gamecock Club has and let them know why.

The questions I have, if Muschamp is okay with you, will you be okay if McElwain is next? Maybe Mike Shula? Do you have ANY standards or are you just okay with every decision made no matter how bad?
Old 01-09-2019, 04:21 AM   #33
SterlingBrooks
Lock Down Corner

Male

CockyCash: 260386
SterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot material

Watch Golf, no cheating, no refs and the best always wins
Old 01-09-2019, 04:34 AM   #34
gotrice?
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 20020
gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gotrice?

Quote:
Clemson won 47 games in that 5 year period. They also appeared in 2 BCS Bowls. The beat down you mention and they beat Ohio State. They also beat top 15 LSU in a bowl game. Oh, and a conference championship. Their first conference championship since 1991. They were close but they needed a boost that only paying recruits, PEDs, and locking in successful coordinators could do.

I'm refusing to accept that hiring coaches that are proven failures at programs with unlimited resources are okay. I'm voicing my dissatisfaction in every way I possibly can. I gave up my season tickets and dropped to the lowest level the Gamecock Club has and let them know why.

The questions I have, if Muschamp is okay with you, will you be okay if McElwain is next? Maybe Mike Shula? Do you have ANY standards or are you just okay with every decision made no matter how bad?
My rebuttal is take the UF stint out of the picture and just focus on USC and the fact that Muschamp took over a 3-9 program that had just finished last in the SEC. 3 years later we're in much better shape thanks to him. So far there is far more indicating he was a good hire instead of a bad one. I'm not saying to re-up to the level you were at before but just judge him on what he has done at USC so far, disregard the stuff at UF because the reality is what he did at UF is irrelevant to the job he is doing at USC.
gotrice? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 11:34 PM   #35
75CarolinaFan

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotrice? View Post
My rebuttal is take the UF stint out of the picture and just focus on USC and the fact that Muschamp took over a 3-9 program that had just finished last in the SEC. 3 years later we're in much better shape thanks to him. So far there is far more indicating he was a good hire instead of a bad one. I'm not saying to re-up to the level you were at before but just judge him on what he has done at USC so far, disregard the stuff at UF because the reality is what he did at UF is irrelevant to the job he is doing at USC.
I just don't believe we're that much better off. 7-6 and whipped by UVA. Every player on that roster came into Carolina in a top 25 recruiting class. But we aren't even close to a top 25 team. At UF I believe Muschamp landed the #3,4, 8, and 12 ranked composite recruiting classes and lost to Georgia Southern.
Old 01-10-2019, 12:04 AM   #36
gotrice?
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 20020
gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gotrice?

Quote:
I just don't believe we're that much better off. 7-6 and whipped by UVA. Every player on that roster came into Carolina in a top 25 recruiting class. But we aren't even close to a top 25 team. At UF I believe Muschamp landed the #3,4, 8, and 12 ranked composite recruiting classes and lost to Georgia Southern.
If you remember the year he lost to GA Southern he was on a 3rd or 4th string QB, lost most of his starting OL and skill position players. Even if you're Bama that's going to leave a mark. As for getting smoked by UVA it was a shit game. We've had shit games while coached by guys with legendary resumes, it unfortunately happens. I'd say we're better off than we were, had Muschamp been a bad hire we'd still be sitting in that 3-5 win range basically all 3 years because he didn't exactly walk into a surplus of talent.
gotrice? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 12:19 AM   #37
CockTail
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 5500
CockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot material

Quote:

Clemson fans were demanding that Dabo be fired after his 3rd year. They were 6-6 and 3-3 in conference. They had lost their 5th straight to us. No one other than their AD thought he was going to be a success. In his 4th year he went like 10-3 and no one say that coming either.

We have one of the best recruiters in the country. He will have to prove that he can win big games, but if we continue to get good players, our program is getting better, even if the record doesn’t say that. It takes time and patience.
Old 01-10-2019, 12:32 AM   #38
75CarolinaFan

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotrice? View Post
If you remember the year he lost to GA Southern he was on a 3rd or 4th string QB, lost most of his starting OL and skill position players. Even if you're Bama that's going to leave a mark. As for getting smoked by UVA it was a shit game. We've had shit games while coached by guys with legendary resumes, it unfortunately happens. I'd say we're better off than we were, had Muschamp been a bad hire we'd still be sitting in that 3-5 win range basically all 3 years because he didn't exactly walk into a surplus of talent.
Their QBs were awful. All of them. And it wasn't for lack of talent.

I don't care about one game. But we were 7-6. It's just not that much better 3 years later. We've beaten 1 ranked team in that time with many opportunities.

Injuries seem to be a theme for Muschamp. Maybe he really is just an unlucky guy. Not sure how that's a positive.
Old 01-10-2019, 12:38 AM   #39
75CarolinaFan

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockTail View Post
Clemson fans were demanding that Dabo be fired after his 3rd year. They were 6-6 and 3-3 in conference. They had lost their 5th straight to us. No one other than their AD thought he was going to be a success. In his 4th year he went like 10-3 and no one say that coming either.

We have one of the best recruiters in the country. He will have to prove that he can win big games, but if we continue to get good players, our program is getting better, even if the record doesn’t say that. It takes time and patience.
I'm not sure what you consider to be Dabo's 3rd year since he took over midseason Bowden's last year. But either way, Clemson had not lost 5 straight Dabo's 3rd year. Dabo beat us the year Bowden got canned.

The evidence is not there to claim Muschamp one of the best recruiters. He hasn't done better than any coach we've had since joining the SEC, including Brad Scott. But even if he were a great recruiter, and landed say, the 3rd, 4th, 8th, and 12th best recruiting classes in a row here, like he did at UF, the results say he still can't coach them up.
Old 01-10-2019, 01:29 AM   #40
sandstorm2001
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 50700
sandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot material

Quote:

Yeah and before they got good they were 6-7 with a loss in the Meineke car care bowl, which if I'm not mistaken is what the Belk bowl used to be called. So basically they were more or less where we are, but for some reason Dabo didn't get fired.

There's a lot of good happening with Muschamp even if you don't see it. The last time a player recruited by Spurriers staff was drafted was 2016. Haydn was a walk on. So that's a two year gap where not a single person recruited by Spurrier turned out good enough to be drafted in ANY round of the NFL draft. That's what Muschamp inherited.