CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
TaySC
2k15
GAMEKEM
Ironfan
thumpin big
GregoryHouse
COCKYWOOD
Order 66
Three and Out
Dirty Bird
Ty’son Willians to x (2401)
Bianca Cuevas-Moore (644)
Jake Bentley progres (593)
2020 - Vershon Lee (503)
*** USC MBB (9-8, 4- (494)
2019 Preferred Walk (478)
Transfer Portal (443)
2020 - Jerrold Pough (426)
2020 - Jacyais Credl (369)
Tech question (290)
*** USC MBB (9-8, 4-1) vs
2019 Preferred Walk On -
2020- Zykevious Walker
2019 - Shilo Sanders
Discussion: 2019 Recruiti
2019 - Jammie Robinson
Muschamp at Carolina and
Unanimous
WBB won't lead the nation
Ty’son Willians to xfer


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2019, 01:57 PM   #1
GregoryHouse
Pompous Ass Hillbilly
 
GregoryHouse's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 29,265
CockyCash: 8996672
GregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot material
Default Players and Social Media

Players should probably learn the benefits of a burner account.

Most already have their verified accounts and should realize that trolls will try to f with them.

And also fans suck sometimes.
__________________
Quote:
I don't worry about falling skies as much as I worry about low ceilings.
GregoryHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 02:02 PM   #2
Master Bedroom
Heisman Winner
 
Master Bedroom's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Upstairs
Posts: 21,284
CockyCash: 10500
Master Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot material
Default Re: Players and Social Media

What happened?
Master Bedroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 03:25 PM   #3
TKE226
Damn Yankee
 
TKE226's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 19,564
CockyCash: 1343234
TKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Players and Social Media

I will never understand why fans are tagging to players. I get it goes both ways, the player shouldn't allow it. But as a 38 year old man, I cant imagine "friend requesting" an 18 year old.
TKE226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 05:04 PM   #4
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-American
 
Cockypantherfan's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 13,242
CockyCash: 101850400
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material
Default Re: Players and Social Media

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Bedroom View Post
What happened?
People just being shitty "fans" and tweeting negative things at players.


Kinlaw tweeted something to the effect of "Can't wait to prove USC fans wrong next year" and other players chimed in too backing Kinlaw.


There shouldn't be a division between fans/players but social media makes cowards of a lot of people.
Cockypantherfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 05:11 PM   #5
Lonnie
Band
 
Lonnie's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Third Stone from the Sun
Posts: 12,673
CockyCash: 2001
Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material
Default Re: Players and Social Media

One of the best days in my life was the one I deleted FB and Twitter....
__________________
"I'd rather have to say whoa than giddy-up" - Coach Will Muschamp

Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 05:13 PM   #6
thekob
Heisman Winner
 
thekob's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Lexington
Posts: 27,968
CockyCash: 100700
thekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot material
Default Re: Players and Social Media

I tweet at players throughout the day reminding them they need to hit the film room, weight room, and to stay out of 5 points. In addition after a game like the Belk Bowl I remind them that they're on scholarship paid for by my donations and that they owe me. Finally, Every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday night I tell them to look around the bar and/or party they're at remember the reason they don't see any clemson, Alabama or Georgia players is because they want to do better than 7-6.

No need to thank me, I'm just a #TrueFan© trying to motivate my team.
__________________
GOD
USA
SEC
thekob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 05:18 PM   #7
Master Bedroom
Heisman Winner
 
Master Bedroom's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Upstairs
Posts: 21,284
CockyCash: 10500
Master Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot material
Default Re: Players and Social Media

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockypantherfan View Post
People just being shitty "fans" and tweeting negative things at players.


Kinlaw tweeted something to the effect of "Can't wait to prove USC fans wrong next year" and other players chimed in too backing Kinlaw.


There shouldn't be a division between fans/players but social media makes cowards of a lot of people.
Gross. Yea SC has some of the most embarrassing fans on social media
Master Bedroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 05:18 PM   #8
GeoCocky66
Bowl MVP
 
GeoCocky66's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Irmo
Posts: 2,309
CockyCash: 21773
GeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Players and Social Media

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockypantherfan View Post
People just being shitty "fans" and tweeting negative things at players.


Kinlaw tweeted something to the effect of "Can't wait to prove USC fans wrong next year" and other players chimed in too backing Kinlaw.


There shouldn't be a division between fans/players but social media makes cowards of a lot of people.

And, sorry to say, we have plenty of crappy, whiny, low football-IQ fans.
GeoCocky66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 05:19 PM   #9
AikenRooster
Most hated poster.
 
AikenRooster's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: The poor man's side of Aiken, SC
Posts: 5,915
CockyCash: 5399
AikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to AikenRooster
Default Re: Players and Social Media

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockypantherfan View Post
People just being shitty "fans" and tweeting negative things at players.


Kinlaw tweeted something to the effect of "Can't wait to prove USC fans wrong next year" and other players chimed in too backing Kinlaw.


There shouldn't be a division between fans/players but social media makes cowards of a lot of people.
Kinlaw is mad at the fans and running his mouth on Twitter, which he shouldn't be doing. He needs to keep quiet after the way this season went and our main rival just won another National Championship, again.
Some of us are paying for his education and he needs remember that.
I wouldn't say anything to anyone on Twitter that I wouldn't say to them in real life: constructive criticism in a nice way, or praise in a humble manner, whatever the case may be.
__________________
We got shutout by Virginia, in football. Let that sink in.
AikenRooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 05:22 PM   #10
Master Bedroom
Heisman Winner
 
Master Bedroom's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Upstairs
Posts: 21,284
CockyCash: 10500
Master Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot material
Default Re: Players and Social Media

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Bedroom View Post
Gross. Yea SC has some of the most embarrassing fans on social media
Quote:
Originally Posted by AikenRooster View Post
Kinlaw is mad at the fans and running his mouth on Twitter, which he shouldn't be doing. He needs to keep quiet after the way this season went and our main rival just won another National Championship, again.
Some of us are paying for his education and he needs remember that.
I wouldn't say anything to anyone on Twitter that I wouldn't say to them in real life: constructive criticism in a nice way, or praise in a humble manner, whatever the case may be.
Told ya!
Master Bedroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 05:45 PM   #11
turp75
Walk On
 
turp75's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: May 2006
Location: Walhalla, SC
Posts: 20
CockyCash: 500
turp75 has hatched from the shell
Default Re: Players and Social Media

Maybe they should worry less about tweeting and spend some extra time improving their skills related to the game of football.
turp75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 05:54 PM   #12
TaySC
Household Name
 
TaySC's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Aiken
Posts: 6,693
CockyCash: 7900000
TaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot material
Default Re: Players and Social Media

Way too much is made of this stuff by adults trying to tell other adults what to do and not to do tbh.


While I don't personally tweet at recruits, I have always found it hilarious when someone else tries telling another adult what they can and cannot do on SOCIAL media.
TaySC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 05:56 PM   #13
Gamecocks0197
Game MVP
 
Gamecocks0197's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: May 2016
Location: Cola
Posts: 1,785
CockyCash: 5500
Gamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Players and Social Media

Quote:
Originally Posted by AikenRooster View Post
Kinlaw is mad at the fans and running his mouth on Twitter, which he shouldn't be doing. He needs to keep quiet after the way this season went and our main rival just won another National Championship, again.
Some of us are paying for his education and he needs remember that.
I wouldn't say anything to anyone on Twitter that I wouldn't say to them in real life: constructive criticism in a nice way, or praise in a humble manner, whatever the case may be.
Fans need to remember that it's just football and that these guys bust their ass every damn day. It's perfectly fine to be frustrated with players, but to tweet at them and like some do is ridiculous. At the end of the day, they are 18-22 year olds playing a game. I love football as much as the next guy, but it's about perspective.

I had no problem with what he said. He's right. A lot of our fans - both on twitter and on here - think they know the solution and that they're right. It'd be different if it was during the season, but he has every right to tweet that. Last time I checked, someone within the program is going to know more than a bitter dude on CockyTalk. I'm glad it pissed him off - even more motivation.

Also, if you are that upset, you can stop giving them money. No one makes you "pay for their education." That's a personal decision.
__________________
University of South Carolina '19
Gamecocks0197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 05:57 PM   #14
GregoryHouse
Pompous Ass Hillbilly
 
GregoryHouse's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 29,265
CockyCash: 8996672
GregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot material
Default Re: Players and Social Media

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaySC View Post
Way too much is made of this stuff by adults trying to tell other adults what to do and not to do tbh.


While I don't personally tweet at recruits, I have always found it hilarious when someone else tries telling another adult what they can and cannot do on SOCIAL media.
I am highly offended.
__________________
Quote:
I don't worry about falling skies as much as I worry about low ceilings.
GregoryHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 06:07 PM   #15
TaySC
Household Name
 
TaySC's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Aiken
Posts: 6,693
CockyCash: 7900000
TaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot material
Default Re: Players and Social Media

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregoryHouse View Post
I am highly offended.

BAN HAMMER


TaySC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 06:30 PM   #16
GregoryHouse
Pompous Ass Hillbilly
 
GregoryHouse's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 29,265
CockyCash: 8996672
GregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot material
Default Re: Players and Social Media

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaySC View Post
BAN HAMMER


__________________
Quote:
I don't worry about falling skies as much as I worry about low ceilings.
GregoryHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 06:38 PM   #17
AikenRooster
Most hated poster.
 
AikenRooster's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: The poor man's side of Aiken, SC
Posts: 5,915
CockyCash: 5399
AikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to AikenRooster
Default Re: Players and Social Media

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks0197 View Post
Fans need to remember that it's just football and that these guys bust their ass every damn day. It's perfectly fine to be frustrated with players, but to tweet at them and like some do is ridiculous. At the end of the day, they are 18-22 year olds playing a game. I love football as much as the next guy, but it's about perspective.

I had no problem with what he said. He's right. A lot of our fans - both on twitter and on here - think they know the solution and that they're right. It'd be different if it was during the season, but he has every right to tweet that. Last time I checked, someone within the program is going to know more than a bitter dude on CockyTalk. I'm glad it pissed him off - even more motivation.

Also, if you are that upset, you can stop giving them money. No one makes you "pay for their education." That's a personal decision.
Let me reiterate, since I've already iterated: I wouldn't say anything on twitter to anyone that I wouldn't say to them in person, and that even means anyone, including political figures. If I give praise, I do it humbly, and if I criticize, I try to be nice about it and do it in a constructive manner. Most of the time, on Twitter, I am asking questions to get information.

As far as sports players are concerned, the only one I've
ever followed is Marcus Lattimore, because he's an inspiration. I ignore all the recruits and I don't search for any sports players in any sport. The only reason I know what Kinlaw said, is because TheBigSpur and SCSportsTalk keep tweeting him. I don't know why they keep retweeting him, but, yes, he is running off at the mouth and I think he needs to be quiet, but that is my opinion. Obviously, Muschamp doesn't care and neither do you. Y'all say they're busting their asses every day, but, that has been proven not to be the case. They DID NOT use all their practices and they're NOT working hard enough, or else THE SCOREBOARD would reflect differently.

Now, you can be OK with losing, but I'm not. I'm not gonna cuss a player on Twitter or in real life or go up to Columbia and show my ass to anyone, but I'm quietly disappointed about things right now, and I'm gonna express my dislike on here, because that is what this place is for. Hopefully, the players ARE getting mad .... it will be about time they got motivated. That orange and purple team just won their 3rd National and probably 17th Conference championship, while we haven't scores a point in a game and a half.
__________________
We got shutout by Virginia, in football. Let that sink in.
AikenRooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 06:48 PM   #18
Alumni2012
Walk On
 
Alumni2012's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Charleston
Posts: 98
CockyCash: 500
Alumni2012 has feathers coming inAlumni2012 has feathers coming inAlumni2012 has feathers coming in
Default Re: Players and Social Media

Quote:
Originally Posted by AikenRooster View Post
Let me reiterate, since I've already iterated: I wouldn't say anything on twitter to anyone that I wouldn't say to them in person, and that even means anyone, including political figures. If I give praise, I do it humbly, and if I criticize, I try to be nice about it and do it in a constructive manner. Most of the time, on Twitter, I am asking questions to get information.

As far as sports players are concerned, the only one I've
ever followed is Marcus Lattimore, because he's an inspiration. I ignore all the recruits and I don't search for any sports players in any sport. The only reason I know what Kinlaw said, is because TheBigSpur and SCSportsTalk keep tweeting him. I don't know why they keep retweeting him, but, yes, he is running off at the mouth and I think he needs to be quiet, but that is my opinion. Obviously, Muschamp doesn't care and neither do you. Y'all say they're busting their asses every day, but, that has been proven not to be the case. They DID NOT use all their practices and they're NOT working hard enough, or else THE SCOREBOARD would reflect differently.

Now, you can be OK with losing, but I'm not. I'm not gonna cuss a player on Twitter or in real life or go up to Columbia and show my ass to anyone, but I'm quietly disappointed about things right now, and I'm gonna express my dislike on here, because that is what this place is for. Hopefully, the players ARE getting mad .... it will be about time they got motivated. That orange and purple team just won their 3rd National and probably 17th Conference championship, while we haven't scores a point in a game and a half.
This is a faulty argument. Hard work does not guarantee success. If that was the case there would be a lot of undefeated teams. The saying goes “Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard”. If you have both you win a bunch of games.
Alumni2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 06:48 PM   #19
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-American
 
Cockypantherfan's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 13,242
CockyCash: 101850400
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material
Default Re: Players and Social Media

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Bedroom View Post
Told ya!
Lmao

I have to spread rep apparently :(
Cockypantherfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 07:05 PM   #20
Spur's Addiction
Been caught moddin'
 
Spur's Addiction's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Raaaawlee, NC
Posts: 23,328
CockyCash: 1001856
Spur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot material
Default Re: Players and Social Media

Nothing good ever comes of twitter.
__________________
Spur's Addiction is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Provided by SLB Development