CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
thekob
RGHoskins
Captain9Dragons
MountainCock
Wisercock
TastyLicks
Gamecockman12
SanAntonioCock
kingofnerf
Spur's Addiction
OKST MBB dismisses t (594)
Gamecock Baseball Fa (237)
400 evacuated after (205)
*** USC MBB (9-7, 4- (132)
Total lunar eclipse (43)
*** #15 UofSC WBB (12-4,
Coaching changes
*** USC MBB (9-7, 4-0) @
I wonder if Muschamp and
How Good Can Frank's Team
*** UofSC MBB (8-7, 3-0)
CBB: GAMECOCKS @ COMMODOR
Cannot navigate Gamecocks
No longer USC
OKST MBB dismisses three

Old 01-09-2019, 10:41 PM   #41
Absfract
World Traveler

Male

CockyCash: 3000
Absfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPit
Default Re: No longer USC

Ya, mods should kill this thread... what, they think our fans are going to change or something?
Absfract is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 10:44 PM   #42
cockybusiness2
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 2010508
cockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot material

I remember a few years ago Spurticus resigned (or took a break). After the last couple of weeks, I understand. I feel like resigning my fandom... It seems everyday another bit of bad news comes.

The administration does not care. The coaching staff does not REALLY CARE. The players seem not to care.

Yet then everything in COWTOWN gets better and better.

Tell me something is on the horizon to improve this situation
cockybusiness2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 10:47 PM   #43
carolina_corpsman
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 10500
carolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absfract View Post
Ya, mods should kill this thread... what, they think our fans are going to change or something?
by this logic, they should kill about 80% of the threads.
carolina_corpsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 10:53 PM   #44
spurfan93
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 5200
spurfan93 is USC mascot materialspurfan93 is USC mascot materialspurfan93 is USC mascot materialspurfan93 is USC mascot materialspurfan93 is USC mascot materialspurfan93 is USC mascot materialspurfan93 is USC mascot materialspurfan93 is USC mascot materialspurfan93 is USC mascot materialspurfan93 is USC mascot materialspurfan93 is USC mascot material

Feel like everyone needs to take a step away from the ledge a little bit. Itís not the only logo they will use. They released another tweet that has all of the logos. The formal logo still has the palmetto tree and gates at the horseshoe. The UofSC is the new marketing logo and the block C is still the athletic logo.
Old 01-09-2019, 11:04 PM   #45
GeoCocky66
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 21978
GeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_corpsman View Post
yeah, I get it, but rolling out a logo that looks like early 2000's clip art was not the best way to go.

Other changes are on the way, too...
Attached Images

GeoCocky66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 11:05 PM   #46
ccured
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 25200
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurfan93 View Post
Feel like everyone needs to take a step away from the ledge a little bit. Itís not the only logo they will use. They released another tweet that has all of the logos. The formal logo still has the palmetto tree and gates at the horseshoe. The UofSC is the new marketing logo and the block C is still the athletic logo.
Yes but they removed 1801 from the gates as well. And I have lots of thoughts on that but that's for the political forum.
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 11:11 PM   #47
wincocks84
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 5775
wincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot material

I knew about the SC feud with Southern Cal, but not that USC was an issue. Man our school has zero identity.
wincocks84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 11:11 PM   #48
spurfan93
Blue Chip

Male

spurfan93 is USC mascot materialspurfan93 is USC mascot materialspurfan93 is USC mascot materialspurfan93 is USC mascot materialspurfan93 is USC mascot materialspurfan93 is USC mascot materialspurfan93 is USC mascot materialspurfan93 is USC mascot materialspurfan93 is USC mascot materialspurfan93 is USC mascot materialspurfan93 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccured View Post
Yes but they removed 1801 from the gates as well. And I have lots of thoughts on that but that's for the political forum.
I get it. I can understand how people aren’t huge fans of it. People are just going over the top about it. People on social media are literally threatening to not renew season tickets...seriously. The timing isn’t perfect considering the fan base is in a foul mood with the bowl game and national championship. I’m sure they anticipated a mixed reaction.
Old 01-09-2019, 11:16 PM   #49
Order 66
Ed O'Bannon must pay

Male

CockyCash: 10950385
Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
Sellout.

So does this mean Dabo was right in his rant?
Such a Christian man.
Order 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 11:17 PM   #50
wincocks84
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 5775
wincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot material

Wait, why was 1801 removed from the gates? I'm assuming this is at the horseshoe?
wincocks84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 11:22 PM   #51
carolina_corpsman
Heisman Candidate

Male

carolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot material

Quote:
I get it. I can understand how people arenít huge fans of it. People are just going over the top about it. People on social media are literally threatening to not renew season tickets...seriously. The timing isnít perfect considering the fan base is in a foul mood with the bowl game and national championship. Iím sure they anticipated a mixed reaction.
I mean, what do you expect. Meh season, awful finish, rivals just won the National Championship (again) and USC trots out this lame ass logo. People are going to get tired of it.
Old 01-09-2019, 11:26 PM   #52
spurfan93
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
I mean, what do you expect. Meh season, awful finish, rivals just won the National Championship (again) and USC trots out this lame ass logo. People are going to get tired of it.
You donít think thatís just a little bit dramatic?
Old 01-09-2019, 11:29 PM   #53
GeoCocky66
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 21978
GeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot material

One of my favorite quotes from UofSC's Facebook roll out announcement:

"It looks like you had a contest among freshmen marketing students and chose the loser. The "winning" design student has a 1.2 GPA, procrastinated the night before it was due, got drunk in five points, went home, turned on his grandfather's Apple IIE, and whipped this thing up in three minutes just to be sure he didn't get a zero. Good God! You might as well just use papyrus or comic sans. Seriously....did you pay a professional to do this?"
GeoCocky66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 11:29 PM   #54
eatlighting
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
eatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot material

I’m just thrilled they let the winner of Mrs. Johnson’s fourth grade art contest get the honor of designing our marketing logo. The kid is a wiz on Microsoft Paint. Well done, little guy! We’re all so proud!
eatlighting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 11:29 PM   #55
carolina_corpsman
Heisman Candidate

Male

Quote:
You donít think thatís just a little bit dramatic?
It's the only venue fans have to voice displeasure with any hope of effecting actual change. I stopped buying season tickets because I am not happy with the direction of the program and won't give up my whole Saturday to go watch them crap the bed.

Sure it's just one person, but if everybody starts it, the university will get the picture.
Old 01-09-2019, 11:32 PM   #56
eatlighting
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
eatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoCocky66 View Post

"It looks like you had a contest among freshmen marketing students and chose the loser. The "winning" design student has a 1.2 GPA, procrastinated the night before it was due, got drunk in five points, went home, turned on his grandfather's Apple IIE, and whipped this thing up in three minutes just to be sure he didn't get a zero. Good God! You might as well just use papyrus or comic sans. Seriously....did you pay a professional to do this?"
Dang, you beat me to it. I actually thought about doing a mock-up of this with papyrus to post here. Then I realized Iíd be putting more effort into message board humor than the person who ďdesignedĒ the original.
eatlighting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 11:35 PM   #57
spurfan93
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
It's the only venue fans have to voice displeasure with any hope of effecting actual change. I stopped buying season tickets because I am not happy with the direction of the program and won't give up my whole Saturday to go watch them crap the bed.

Sure it's just one person, but if everybody starts it, the university will get the picture.
Not renewing season tickets because you donít like the direction of the program is one thing. Not renewing season tickets because of one new logo (that doesnít even impact athletics!!) is another. But thatís just me.
Old 01-09-2019, 11:36 PM   #58
75CarolinaFan
Gatorade Poster of d Year

Male

CockyCash: 100200
75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoCocky66 View Post

LOL! It's as bad as the George Rogers statue that looks nothing like him.
75CarolinaFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 11:38 PM   #59
Order 66
Ed O'Bannon must pay

Male

CockyCash: 10950385
Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

I wish we could hit a reset button on all of our branding, and take a fresh start. I know that wouldn’t fix this particular problem.
Order 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 11:39 PM   #60
carolina_corpsman
Heisman Candidate

Male

Quote:
Not renewing season tickets because you donít like the direction of the program is one thing. Not renewing season tickets because of one new logo (that doesnít even impact athletics!!) is another. But thatís just me.
I think it's more just the culmination of frustration with the direction of the program.

I don't really want to get a letter asking the University for money when they go spend who knows how much on that shitty logo that a 5 year old could have made. Many people are hitting this point. I have better things to spend money on.