CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
carolina_corpsman
Three and Out
Blitzkrieg
GoldenSpur7
ShutTheSuccop
RGHoskins
MountainCock
Ace Dilcock
Ironfan
Captain9Dragons
Football team at For (812)
Random Sports questi (477)
PODCAST: Perry Orth (216)
Game of Thrones Seas (213)
Gamecock Womens team (0)
2018 - KJ Henry
New Smart TV
Gamecock Womens team earn
PODCAST: Perry Orth 6/21/
2018 - Bryce Thompson
Tailgating Info
2018 - Stephon Wynn
Men's team next season
Official Baseball Coachin
Football team at Fort Jac

Old 06-19-2017, 07:02 AM   #21
Legalman72
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 30000000000
Legalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Fun Record Prediction Game

I haven't done this for 2017. This is my honest assessment, as of today.

IMO, our biggest hindrance will be the defensive line. If we cannot generate a pass rush, we're going to yield a ton of points. Thankfully, the offense should be good. It could be very good if the line is decent, but I think that's asking a lot of Wolfy in year one.

Here goes:

NC State (Charlotte)- State outslugs us 27-20

@ Missouri- We will play well in this spot. Cocks win 34-24

Kentucky- Ugly, but we get the monkey off our backs. Cocks 23-21

Louisiana Tech- Shootout. Cocks win 38-34

@ Texas A&M- No. Aggies 30-17

Arkansas- LOS loses this one for us. Hogs 27-24

@ Tennessee- OT thriller but a loss. Vols 31-27

Vanderbilt- We put it all together here. Cocks 44-17

@ Georgia- Nailbiter. Dawgs 28-27

Florida- We're improving by the week. Cocks 30-21

Wofford- Ugh. Cocks 27-17

Clemson- Taters are just too good and too deep. Taters 34-20

6-6 but markedly better than 2016. We'll be set for a MUCH better 2018 and beyond.
Legalman72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 08:12 AM   #22
Ace Dilcock
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 650
Ace Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot material

NC State - good team, but we have done well in neutral site season openers against our former ACC brethren to the north. W

Mizzou - they still have a ways to go on D. W

UK - we owe them and had a close game without Bentley, Deebo and Rico least year. With Ty'Son, Dreak and the Smiths, and playing at home, W.

La Tech - fun game, Skip Holtz can coach and they will find new pieces on Offense. But it is at home and we have better talent - W.

TAMU - tough game, but they lost a lot from a team that did not dominate us last year, even without our Offensive stars. They are the one without the proven QB this year - W.

Arky - home game and their QB takes a lot of abuse, should be pretty banged up by then. And their league-leading RB was forced to retire due to a neck injury, which is why they went after David Williams. We are the ones with the talented RBs. W

UT - tough to play in Knoxville, but UT lost too much, especially on Offense, and Bitch Jones will be in his death spiral by then. W

Vandy - tough game and opponent, but we have their number again and won't lose at home. W

UGA - on paper, a win for the Dawgs, but we have a secret weapon - Kirby Smart. It was close last year pre-Bentley, UGA does a "Kirby" late ala the Georgia Tech game last year and we sneak out a win. W

UF - Zaire gives them some much-needed Offense, but too much of the Boom D has headed to the NFL and Bentley will be a savvy vet by then. This gives us the outright division title. W

Wofford - much gnashing of teeth and complaining but we pull away late. W

Clemson - a demoralized bunch has tried a couple of different QBs without finding a keeper - in their defense, there is depleted talent all around them - and stumbles into Willy B wondering why they aren't getting more respect as defending champs (answer - their three losses coming in). Payback is a bitch and the new streak starts, while Clemson fans keep wondering how they can lose with all that talent and the 56-7 score from the previous year. W.

Alabama - we don't play well in ATL. L

Penn State - we don't lose to the Big Howevermany Conference in the postseason. W

Alabama - Boom has time to figure out how to slow the Alabama Offense just enough and he implements the pick play prior to the game to get three big TDs, just like Clemson did in last year's natty game. W
Ace Dilcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 09:44 AM   #23
Gamecocks0197
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
Gamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Dilcock View Post
NC State - good team, but we have done well in neutral site season openers against our former ACC brethren to the north. W

Mizzou - they still have a ways to go on D. W

UK - we owe them and had a close game without Bentley, Deebo and Rico least year. With Ty'Son, Dreak and the Smiths, and playing at home, W.

La Tech - fun game, Skip Holtz can coach and they will find new pieces on Offense. But it is at home and we have better talent - W.

TAMU - tough game, but they lost a lot from a team that did not dominate us last year, even without our Offensive stars. They are the one without the proven QB this year - W.

Arky - home game and their QB takes a lot of abuse, should be pretty banged up by then. And their league-leading RB was forced to retire due to a neck injury, which is why they went after David Williams. We are the ones with the talented RBs. W

UT - tough to play in Knoxville, but UT lost too much, especially on Offense, and Bitch Jones will be in his death spiral by then. W

Vandy - tough game and opponent, but we have their number again and won't lose at home. W

UGA - on paper, a win for the Dawgs, but we have a secret weapon - Kirby Smart. It was close last year pre-Bentley, UGA does a "Kirby" late ala the Georgia Tech game last year and we sneak out a win. W

UF - Zaire gives them some much-needed Offense, but too much of the Boom D has headed to the NFL and Bentley will be a savvy vet by then. This gives us the outright division title. W

Wofford - much gnashing of teeth and complaining but we pull away late. W

Clemson - a demoralized bunch has tried a couple of different QBs without finding a keeper - in their defense, there is depleted talent all around them - and stumbles into Willy B wondering why they aren't getting more respect as defending champs (answer - their three losses coming in). Payback is a bitch and the new streak starts, while Clemson fans keep wondering how they can lose with all that talent and the 56-7 score from the previous year. W.

Alabama - we don't play well in ATL. L

Penn State - we don't lose to the Big Howevermany Conference in the postseason. W

Alabama - Boom has time to figure out how to slow the Alabama Offense just enough and he implements the pick play prior to the game to get three big TDs, just like Clemson did in last year's natty game. W
Lose the conference championship and still make the playoff? Clemson fans, and the rest of college football, would lose their minds. Then again, OSU didn't even make their conference championship...
Old 06-19-2017, 10:05 AM   #24
Gamecocks0197
Blue Chip

Male

Gamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot material

vs NC State: They're a good team, but we have more talent and pull out a close game in a classic South Carolina season opener. W

at Missouri: Their offense can be dangerous, but their defense is not. We'll get a scare at halftime, but will eventually wake up and pull away at the end. W

vs Kentucky: We're due for a win. Kentucky is not the pushover they used to be as we all know. Game will feel closer than what the score says. W

vs La Tech: A good Group of 5 time coached by Skip Holtz. A solid win, but nothing to get excited about. W

at Texas A&M: They've been a thorn in our side since 2014, and will until we beat them. We are playing them in Sept., so they won't be hitting a skid. Tough loss. L

vs Arkansas: I'm sure David Williams will become a headline. They always give us a tough game, but the crowd will make the difference. Statement game for our offense. W

at Tennessee: Knoxville has never been kind to the Gamecocks. I hope I'm wrong but until we consistently win at Neyland, hard to be confident going there. Plus, we'll be coming off a big win. L

vs Vanderbilt: I think they take a step back this year. We finally beat Vandy like we're supposed to. W

at Georgia: If it was at home this year, I'd say we pull it off. However, Athens is a tough place. It'll be a close game, but we make too many young mistakes. L

vs Florida: Hangover from Georgia game. Lose another heartbreaker. L

vs Wofford: Meh. Typical FCS game. W

vs Clemson: They won't be as loaded, but still will be good. It'll be a 4th quarter game, they are still more talented. End the regular season on a somewhat sour note, unfortunately. L

Bowl game: Who knows...? 7-5 gets you a mid-tier game.

(So many games can go either way - I could see 8-4 as well but kept it conservative with so many teams like us who have a lot of unknowns)
Old 06-19-2017, 10:50 AM   #25
Ace Dilcock
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 650
Ace Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks0197 View Post
Lose the conference championship and still make the playoff? Clemson fans, and the rest of college football, would lose their minds. Then again, OSU didn't even make their conference championship...
Hard to argue that happening though, since our only loss would be to the undisputed #1 program in all of college football.

But yeah, the crying from the Upstate would be mindblowingly epic.
Ace Dilcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 11:11 PM   #26
Gamecocks0197
Blue Chip

Male

https://www.seccountry.com/sec/2017-...ama-auburn-lsu

Way too early, but would want no part of that triple option.
Old 06-20-2017, 06:31 AM   #27
cocknblue
Looking for Lee Ho Fook's

Male

CockyCash: 200
cocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks0197 View Post
https://www.seccountry.com/sec/2017-...ama-auburn-lsu

Way too early, but would want no part of that triple option.
Let's hope we don't have to end the season in the same place where we start it

#charlottetraffic
#barbecuewasteland
Old 06-20-2017, 11:41 AM   #28
2k15
Committed

Male

CockyCash: 2016201620162500
2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material

I'm confused about the whole QB aspect of this game so I'm just gonna predict like regular.

NC St: Maybe the toughest game to predict this year, but I'm gonna give us the W cuz I think our offense will be better. 1-0

Mizzou: I think they will be matched up well against us, but this game will come down to the play of Drew Lock. 1-1

Kentucky: You best believe we're not losing 4 straight to UK at Willy B. 2-1

LA Tech: 3-1

Texas A&M: Thank god this team has finally slumped. They have a serious QB issue and lost their defensive playmakers to the draft. We also get home field advantage. 4-1

Arkansas: I don't think ur defense will be able to keep up, but it should be a high scoring game. 4-2

Tennessee: Goodbye Butch Jones... 5-2

Vandy: Homefield advantage, bye week to prepare. Gamecocks roll. 6-2

Georgia: I believe whole heartedly we are a better team, but playing in Athens will be difficult for our D. Very close game either way, but for the sake of predictions, I'm gonna have to go for an L. 6-3

Florida: The hype train surrounding UF sounds ridiculous to me. New QB, lost a ton of defensive talent, abysmal at RB. They sound like they have a lot of new faces at every position. Muschamp will want this game bad, we have home field advantage. 7-3

Wofford: They will score on us more than they should be able to, but too much fire power on our end. 8-3

Clemson: Jeez, I don't know what to think. It's a home game, they lost a ton of star players to the draft, but they are on a roll in recruiting. I have the feeling our D will play well, and I have the feeling this Trevor Lawrence kid is gonna turn out just like Eason and be pretty meh. I really feel like this game could go either way. What the hell... 9-3

It might be a stretch, a lot of our season comes down to how the defense plays and progresses. It has the potential to be a special season however if we play our cards right.
2k15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:46 PM   #29
TAFC 5 1981
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

TAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot material

[quote=2k15;5008671]

Clemson: Jeez, I don't know what to think. It's a home game, they lost a ton of star players to the draft, but they are on a roll in recruiting. I have the feeling our D will play well, and I have the feeling this Trevor Lawrence kid is gonna turn out just like Eason and be pretty meh. I really feel like this game could go either way. What the hell... 9-3

Trevor Lawrence is a 2018 recruit/ commit