CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
cockinraleigh
gotrice?
Ahmad
RGHoskins
JerseyBird
GregoryHouse
CockNJersey
SanAntonioCock
6pack
gsgp
Garnet helmets and j (1059)
Jake Bentley analysi (748)
Nebraska Fired Shawn (604)
Arkansas Kick Time (512)
**USC vs. Louisiana (190)
Fall Softball 2017 (173)
2017 Gamecock Baseba (153)
Today is a MUST WIN; (150)
PODCAST: Game Previe (135)
Gameday Guide: Louis (123)
**USC vs. Louisiana Tech
Discussion: 2018 Recruiti
Garnet helmets and jersey
Today is a MUST WIN; What
2018 Commitment - RJ Rode
Jake Bentley analysis
Offensive Thoughts
NCAAF: ARKANSAS @ TEXAS A
2 tickets LaTech West low
Georgia State University

Old 08-07-2014, 04:31 PM   #41
B-G
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
B-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot material
Default Re: 107.5 is terrible

Quote:
Originally Posted by 75CarolinaFan View Post
Then that's the lowest quality possible.
Not really.
B-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 04:36 PM   #42
B-G
Banned

Male

B-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot material

When i lived in cola was never a fan of "Lunch" probably one of the worst shows I've ever heard.
Old 08-07-2014, 04:45 PM   #43
05USCGrad
i'm probably lying

Male

CockyCash: 100950
05USCGrad is USC mascot material05USCGrad is USC mascot material05USCGrad is USC mascot material05USCGrad is USC mascot material05USCGrad is USC mascot material05USCGrad is USC mascot material05USCGrad is USC mascot material05USCGrad is USC mascot material05USCGrad is USC mascot material05USCGrad is USC mascot material05USCGrad is USC mascot material

I miss having Duce with Jay and Michael
Old 08-07-2014, 05:01 PM   #44
08cock
Walk On

Male

08cock has hatched from the shell

Matt and Tim all day

BARNYARD
08cock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 05:05 PM   #45
AtlGamecock3307
Starter

Male

AtlGamecock3307 is USC mascot materialAtlGamecock3307 is USC mascot materialAtlGamecock3307 is USC mascot materialAtlGamecock3307 is USC mascot materialAtlGamecock3307 is USC mascot materialAtlGamecock3307 is USC mascot materialAtlGamecock3307 is USC mascot materialAtlGamecock3307 is USC mascot materialAtlGamecock3307 is USC mascot materialAtlGamecock3307 is USC mascot materialAtlGamecock3307 is USC mascot material

They have a morning show now? When I was in Cola you got the Dp show 9-12 then the local shows, which were pretty good imo. The last year I was there was when Duce left the show.
AtlGamecock3307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 05:10 PM   #46
Emery
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1950
Emery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlGamecock3307 View Post
They have a morning show now? When I was in Cola you got the Dp show 9-12 then the local shows, which were pretty good imo. The last year I was there was when Duce left the show.
Hardly a show...more like 3 dudes, one knowledgable of trivia and one of sports sort of, the other I'm not sure what he actually does or adds to the show. They essentially roll into the studio, experience several episodes of verbal diarrhea, play a few commercials, get some traffic updates by someone equally annoying, and then fizzle out to the end. Repeat again the next day.
Emery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 05:16 PM   #47
peterlemon
Bowl MVP

Male

peterlemon is USC mascot materialpeterlemon is USC mascot materialpeterlemon is USC mascot materialpeterlemon is USC mascot materialpeterlemon is USC mascot materialpeterlemon is USC mascot materialpeterlemon is USC mascot materialpeterlemon is USC mascot materialpeterlemon is USC mascot materialpeterlemon is USC mascot materialpeterlemon is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08cock View Post
Matt and Tim all day

BARNYARD
The funniest local show we have had in the Columbia area. Tony the Tiger
used to have me laughing so hard my face would hurt. Those guys knew how to entertain the audience.
peterlemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 06:16 PM   #48
2000grad
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 1233026
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

I don't like a tater talking about his team on a gamecock radio station
2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 06:24 PM   #49
Rooster'srule
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 800
Rooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot material

I have noticed a lot of mental midgeting debates goin' on over there. Sometimes I just have to cut it off.
Rooster'srule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 07:15 PM   #50
FlorenceCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1220000
FlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot material

Ok I have timed it and they have spent the last 8 minutes talking about Hot Pockets.....
Old 08-07-2014, 07:32 PM   #51
sctvman
Blue Chip

Male

sctvman has developed his gaff and talonssctvman has developed his gaff and talonssctvman has developed his gaff and talonssctvman has developed his gaff and talonssctvman has developed his gaff and talonssctvman has developed his gaff and talonssctvman has developed his gaff and talonssctvman has developed his gaff and talonssctvman has developed his gaff and talonssctvman has developed his gaff and talonssctvman has developed his gaff and talons

Well in Charleston, there's Bobby Hartin, who's good during football season with the back and forth between Carolina and Clemson fans, but there is nothing else. Bobby is the only show.
sctvman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 07:51 PM   #52
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

I agree with most of what's been posted in here. The morning show is terrible, except for replaying interviews from players or coaches from a practice or media day. Those guys couldn't hold an intelligent sports conversation if their lives depended on it. It doesn't help that Benji is a Clemson fan, but even if he was a Carolina fan it would be unbearable.

I actually like the lunch show. Brent is pretty good IMO and I would imagine it's hard to squeeze a lot of info in to an hour long show. He can certainly hold a conversation better than the morning crew.

Jay, Michael, and Heath are excellent IMO. They know their stuff inside and out, and it's fun to listen to. They're always on topic and know a lot about a lot of things. They all offer opinions and perspectives that are new and ones I hadn't thought of.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 07:54 PM   #53
beak2
Blue Chip

Male

beak2 is crowing loudlybeak2 is crowing loudlybeak2 is crowing loudlybeak2 is crowing loudlybeak2 is crowing loudlybeak2 is crowing loudlybeak2 is crowing loudlybeak2 is crowing loudlybeak2 is crowing loudlybeak2 is crowing loudlybeak2 is crowing loudly

Better than, try to stick it to SC , 560 the team. A Clemson guy runs that station. Go cocks!
beak2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 08:01 PM   #54
B-G
Banned

Male

DP and SVP trump all
Old 08-07-2014, 10:15 PM   #55
nodnahs
Blue Chip

Male

nodnahs is crowing loudlynodnahs is crowing loudlynodnahs is crowing loudlynodnahs is crowing loudlynodnahs is crowing loudlynodnahs is crowing loudlynodnahs is crowing loudlynodnahs is crowing loudlynodnahs is crowing loudlynodnahs is crowing loudlynodnahs is crowing loudly

Turn the station, don't listen. Personally I enjoy having the insight, info & coverage of a hometown sports radio platform. But if I didn't, I wouldn't tune in..
nodnahs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 10:28 PM   #56
peterlemon
Bowl MVP

Male

peterlemon is USC mascot materialpeterlemon is USC mascot materialpeterlemon is USC mascot materialpeterlemon is USC mascot materialpeterlemon is USC mascot materialpeterlemon is USC mascot materialpeterlemon is USC mascot materialpeterlemon is USC mascot materialpeterlemon is USC mascot materialpeterlemon is USC mascot materialpeterlemon is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 75CarolinaFan View Post
To that end...
"To that end", "a tip of the cap", and "per se" among the others pretty made me quit listening. I literally couldn't take it anymore
peterlemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 10:30 PM   #57
etowngangsta
Challenge accepted.

Male

CockyCash: 100780348
etowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot material

I knew Teddy and Phil had CT accounts!
etowngangsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 10:39 PM   #58
bigdog2003
Future Coaching Legend

Male

CockyCash: 999762
bigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot material

I can't listen to much of it because of people calling in asking the same questions day after day.

bigdog2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 10:42 PM   #59
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 57416
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpoptart View Post
I can deal with the personalities, but the nonstop commercials and live on air plugs is what gets me to switch over to ESPN on XM.
This is why I don't listen to the morning show. They cannot go 30 seconds without plugging a sponsor. Not to mention, they are pretty much clueless on football.

Heath Kline is very good in the afternoons.
Old 08-07-2014, 10:44 PM   #60
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 57416
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by beak2 View Post
Better than, try to stick it to SC , 560 the team. A Clemson guy runs that station. Go cocks!
Most of the guys on there are Carolina fans... Matt Barber knows his stuff pretty well.