CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
2k15
TRBTB
jdaniel
kingofnerf
Spur's Addiction
GregoryHouse
Three and Out
Order 66
Cockygaming
Gamecocks1137
Ryan Succop destroys (1178)
Vandy line (936)
Stacking Up the Next (776)
Deebo's Return: Soon (457)
2017 CFB Unbeatens (294)
Will the Gamecocks S (246)
Stacking Up the Next 3 We
Vandy line
Will the Gamecocks Score
2018 WBB - Christyn Willi
2017 CFB Unbeatens
Looking to 2 vs. UGA in A
***Can You Dig It? - Voll
***Volvo Driving Soccer M
POSSIBLY The Greatest Coa
Ryan Succop on NFL record

Old 05-30-2017, 09:17 AM   #1
roosterdave
SpursUP

Male

CockyCash: 200
roosterdave is crowing loudlyroosterdave is crowing loudlyroosterdave is crowing loudlyroosterdave is crowing loudlyroosterdave is crowing loudlyroosterdave is crowing loudlyroosterdave is crowing loudlyroosterdave is crowing loudlyroosterdave is crowing loudlyroosterdave is crowing loudlyroosterdave is crowing loudly
Default Which Team Has Best QB Situation in SEC?

Granted it's looking at groups of QB's, so I get it. But not even a slight nod at the end? Haters gonna hate ;)

http://www.espn.com/blog/sec/post/_/...ion-in-the-sec
roosterdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 05:18 PM   #2
GamecockSuperFan
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 666
GamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot material
Default Re: Which Team Has Best QB Situation in SEC?

I think Fitzgerald will have another good year at miss state.
GamecockSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 05:45 PM   #3
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

CockyCash: 1000062293326235
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

I think Jake Bentley is the best QB in the SEC. Even better than Bama's. As far as groups are concerned, I really don't know, but I would say its definitely not us in the lead as far as groups are concerned.

Vendable Bow Youtube

Vendable Bow Twitter
Gamecocks1137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 07:25 PM   #4
JohnnyB21
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
JohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks1137 View Post
I think Jake Bentley is the best QB in the SEC. Even better than Bama's. As far as groups are concerned, I really don't know, but I would say its definitely not us in the lead as far as groups are concerned.
Right now I think Fitzgerald and Allen are the top two with Bentley at #3.

I also think Bentley is the best deep thrower in the nation though.
Old 05-30-2017, 08:32 PM   #5
2000grad
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 1233026
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

Wait...UGA doesn't have the best qb in the nation?
2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 08:47 PM   #6
Ace Dilcock
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1748
Ace Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot material

Note that it is not the best Quarterback, it is the best Quarterback "situation". Which is a little stupid, but allows them to look at the back-ups also.

I hope Scar is a solid back-up, but UGA, Alabama and Aubie do have more hyped/bigger name back-ups.
Ace Dilcock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 04:12 AM   #7
Three and Out
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
Three and Out rules the CockPitThree and Out rules the CockPitThree and Out rules the CockPitThree and Out rules the CockPitThree and Out rules the CockPitThree and Out rules the CockPitThree and Out rules the CockPitThree and Out rules the CockPitThree and Out rules the CockPitThree and Out rules the CockPitThree and Out rules the CockPit

Best QB situation implies the players and team around the QB
Three and Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 05:54 AM   #8
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 119335183
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

Even if we had 3 5* QBs backing up Bentley, with all of them having experience, IMO we'd still be rated low due to how poorly the offense has been over the last two seasons.

Therefore while we have some nice returning talent depth on offense for next season, and while most predictions have been that our offense should be improved next season, the overall "situation" of the offensive pieces surrounding Jake will be perceived by these sources as being further down the standings in the SEC....
ConwayGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 08:29 AM   #9
RphBallCoach
Blue Chip

Male

RphBallCoach rules the CockPitRphBallCoach rules the CockPitRphBallCoach rules the CockPitRphBallCoach rules the CockPitRphBallCoach rules the CockPitRphBallCoach rules the CockPitRphBallCoach rules the CockPitRphBallCoach rules the CockPitRphBallCoach rules the CockPitRphBallCoach rules the CockPitRphBallCoach rules the CockPit

Jake the Snake Roberts I mean Bentley will be all SEC this year. He is a special QB who will
bring back memories of Todd and Blake in their prime.
RphBallCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 12:37 PM   #10
El Chick Sid
J Beck and the Yardbirds

Male

El Chick Sid is crowing loudlyEl Chick Sid is crowing loudlyEl Chick Sid is crowing loudlyEl Chick Sid is crowing loudlyEl Chick Sid is crowing loudlyEl Chick Sid is crowing loudlyEl Chick Sid is crowing loudlyEl Chick Sid is crowing loudlyEl Chick Sid is crowing loudlyEl Chick Sid is crowing loudlyEl Chick Sid is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Dilcock View Post
Note that it is not the best Quarterback, it is the best Quarterback "situation". Which is a little stupid, but allows them to look at the back-ups also.

I hope Scar is a solid back-up, but UGA, Alabama and Aubie do have more hyped/bigger name back-ups.
I would put Georgia's situation at "okay"? No more, no less ...

As #1 - Eason will be sold and even "really good" if he progresses.

My bet is that the 5* EE true freshman will red-shirt ... barring injury to Eason.

... That is because rumor is that Brice Ramsey is staying and he will be an "okay" back-up ... Georgia is very thin and very young at QB.

(Thank goodness for our RB situation to take some of the focus off of the QB.)
El Chick Sid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 02:29 PM   #11
CockTail
Bowl MVP

Male

CockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot material

A year ago at this time we were raving at how much talent we had at QB. We had 4 guys that showed promise. My have times changed. Another reason why you continually add depth even at positions that you think are strengths. Injuries, lack of improvement and transfers can change the landscape quickly.

On a side note, I am not worried about Scarnecchia, smart guy, hard worker, perfect as a back up. Would produce if called upon. Hopefully he wont unless mop up duty in the Clemson game.
Old 05-31-2017, 03:23 PM   #12
Ace Dilcock
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1748
Ace Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Chick Sid View Post
I would put Georgia's situation at "okay"? No more, no less ...

As #1 - Eason will be sold and even "really good" if he progresses.

My bet is that the 5* EE true freshman will red-shirt ... barring injury to Eason.

... That is because rumor is that Brice Ramsey is staying and he will be an "okay" back-up ... Georgia is very thin and very young at QB.

(Thank goodness for our RB situation to take some of the focus off of the QB.)
You have Jake Fromm "State Farm" - the name alone moves you up a few spots (What are you wearing, Jake Fromm "State Farm? Uhhh... a bulldawgs uniform?).

But the best QB situation has to be at Ole Miss. They pay the best. But maybe I am misinterpreting the criteria.
Ace Dilcock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 04:47 PM   #13
BiscoCocky
Blue Chip

Male

BiscoCocky is USC mascot materialBiscoCocky is USC mascot materialBiscoCocky is USC mascot materialBiscoCocky is USC mascot materialBiscoCocky is USC mascot materialBiscoCocky is USC mascot materialBiscoCocky is USC mascot materialBiscoCocky is USC mascot materialBiscoCocky is USC mascot materialBiscoCocky is USC mascot materialBiscoCocky is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by RphBallCoach View Post
Jake the Snake Roberts I mean Bentley will be all SEC this year. He is a special QB who will
Um.............................. he's already better than Todd and Blake in their prime.
BiscoCocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 08:59 PM   #14
El Chick Sid
J Beck and the Yardbirds

Male

El Chick Sid is crowing loudlyEl Chick Sid is crowing loudlyEl Chick Sid is crowing loudlyEl Chick Sid is crowing loudlyEl Chick Sid is crowing loudlyEl Chick Sid is crowing loudlyEl Chick Sid is crowing loudlyEl Chick Sid is crowing loudlyEl Chick Sid is crowing loudlyEl Chick Sid is crowing loudlyEl Chick Sid is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Dilcock View Post
You have Jake Fromm "State Farm" - the name alone moves you up a few spots (What are you wearing, Jake Fromm "State Farm? Uhhh... a bulldawgs uniform?).

But the best QB situation has to be at Ole Miss. They pay the best. But maybe I am misinterpreting the criteria.
... Finally showed my colors ... Khakis by the way ...

Ole Miss does have the best situation and the NCAA does not want to punish them but will suspend A.J. Green for 5 games for selling a $50 jersey only because he didn't lie about it.
El Chick Sid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 02:13 AM   #15
Three and Out
Bowl MVP

Male

Three and Out rules the CockPitThree and Out rules the CockPitThree and Out rules the CockPitThree and Out rules the CockPitThree and Out rules the CockPitThree and Out rules the CockPitThree and Out rules the CockPitThree and Out rules the CockPitThree and Out rules the CockPitThree and Out rules the CockPitThree and Out rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by RphBallCoach View Post
he's better than that
Three and Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 08:34 AM   #16
NAGamec0ckFan
Proverbs 14:12

Male

CockyCash: 19367
NAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three and Out View Post
he's better than that
I agree. I think he's going to light it up this year.
NAGamec0ckFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 12:05 PM   #17
smoovecock
Super Moderator

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Homecoming King 
CockyCash: 940058
smoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiscoCocky View Post
Um.............................. he's already better than Todd and Blake in their prime.
...Absolutely Yes He Is.
Old 06-04-2017, 12:25 PM   #18
Scranton Tiger
Jedi Master

Male

Scranton Tiger is USC mascot materialScranton Tiger is USC mascot materialScranton Tiger is USC mascot materialScranton Tiger is USC mascot materialScranton Tiger is USC mascot materialScranton Tiger is USC mascot materialScranton Tiger is USC mascot materialScranton Tiger is USC mascot materialScranton Tiger is USC mascot materialScranton Tiger is USC mascot materialScranton Tiger is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConwayGamecock View Post
Even if we had 3 5* QBs backing up Bentley, with all of them having experience, IMO we'd still be rated low due to how poorly the offense has been over the last two seasons.

Therefore while we have some nice returning talent depth on offense for next season, and while most predictions have been that our offense should be improved next season, the overall "situation" of the offensive pieces surrounding Jake will be perceived by these sources as being further down the standings in the SEC....
This pretty much nails it. Maybe Bentley is better than the kid at Southern Cal, maybe he's an average QB at best or maybe he's somewhere in between. If the offensive line doesn't improve, no one will ever know. There's not a QB on earth who can have consistent success while running for his life or sitting on his backside. Not Brady, not Manning, not Brees and certainly not a youngster in college.
Scranton Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 12:33 PM   #19
sosfan812
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

sosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scranton Tiger View Post
This pretty much nails it. Maybe Bentley is better than the kid at Southern Cal, maybe he's an average QB at best or maybe he's somewhere in between. If the offensive line doesn't improve, no one will ever know. There's not a QB on earth who can have consistent success while running for his life or sitting on his backside. Not Brady, not Manning, not Brees and certainly not a youngster in college.
Que in Ace for his debate on our ol.
sosfan812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 12:39 PM   #20
Gamecocks0197
Two Deep

Male

Gamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scranton Tiger View Post
Hate to give credit to a Clemson guy

But you're right. A lot of the offense will depend on the O line. If you look at plays from last year, when Bentley has time, he can make extraordinary plays (go look at the bowl game). He can't when he's running for his life. And like you said, that goes for every college football quarterback.

With that being said, I believe we'll see a much improved offensive line. Elite? No, but enough to give Bentley enough time to make his throws, and to get to 7 or 8 wins.