CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Master Bedroom
Three and Out
SanAntonioCock
RGHoskins
Blitzkrieg
6pack
Spur's Addiction
Captain9Dragons
GamecockTaylor
JohnnyB21
Position Unit Previe (629)
I had a dream last n (605)
2018 - Elijah McAlis (461)
Who ya got: Michigan (416)
2020 - Blake Corum (413)
Need a recruiting bo (372)
Football Flex-Pack (318)
Dozier signs with Ma (233)
Does anyone have an (218)
King Cobras In A Can (198)
2017 Roster
Favorite non-Gamecock Coa
2018 Commitment - Kingsle
2018 - Bryce Thompson
2020 - Blake Corum
Dozier signs with Maveric
2018 Commitment - Dakereo
Discussion: 2018 Recruiti
The difference between 7
2018 - Greg Little

Old 06-05-2017, 11:58 PM   #21
Three and Out
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
Three and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudly
Default Re: Seat Selection

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_corpsman View Post
Yeah, they raised my section as well.

Makes you wonder how much more they can go up in prices before people just stop going and watch the game at home on TV.
If Muschamp gets things turned around, nobody will even talk about ticket prices.
Three and Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 08:07 AM   #22
carolina_corpsman
Household Name

Male

carolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three and Out View Post
If Muschamp gets things turned around, nobody will even talk about ticket prices.
If the prices keep increasing, regardless of winning, people are going to stop going to every game. Everybody has their own price point where it just is not worth buying season tickets and just trying to catch a few games live and watching the rest on tv.
carolina_corpsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 10:00 AM   #23
Cockfucius
Blue Chip

Male

Cockfucius has developed his gaff and talonsCockfucius has developed his gaff and talonsCockfucius has developed his gaff and talonsCockfucius has developed his gaff and talonsCockfucius has developed his gaff and talonsCockfucius has developed his gaff and talonsCockfucius has developed his gaff and talonsCockfucius has developed his gaff and talonsCockfucius has developed his gaff and talonsCockfucius has developed his gaff and talonsCockfucius has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanical Cock View Post
Sorry for all your losses.

I'm not sure how passing the tickets works. I was under the impression that you couldn't do it except if it's in an LLC or such. That's why i named my son after me.
My dad and some of his friends got seats together in the west upper the first season it was open, which I think was '72. He had the same seats from then until his 2016 death. They're front-row upper deck...great seats!

He was the last to die among that group of friends. As all the other seats began changing hands, Dad lived on into his 90's. He quit going in his mid- 80's and let me use the tix and parking pass without charging me. He was a great Dad!

So, though I have lived off and on in places over the years when I couldn't come back to games, my fanny has been parked in the same seat since 1972, when I was 11. I'm 56 now.

Dad and I have the same name. GC Club staff check the obituaries every day, just sayin'. They knew he died, and did not allow me to renew those seats. Gonna miss 'em.

Go Cocks! Hey, Dad: Forever to Thee!
Old 06-06-2017, 10:33 AM   #24
CocksOnTop
Blue Chip

Male

CocksOnTop rules the CockPitCocksOnTop rules the CockPitCocksOnTop rules the CockPitCocksOnTop rules the CockPitCocksOnTop rules the CockPitCocksOnTop rules the CockPitCocksOnTop rules the CockPitCocksOnTop rules the CockPitCocksOnTop rules the CockPitCocksOnTop rules the CockPitCocksOnTop rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks0197 View Post
Right now, my tickets are "free."

I do hope to join this conversation one day though.
Can't beat the young alumni tickets. 200 bucks for a season ticket in the first few rows of the upper deck is a hell of a deal. Luckily, I still have 4 seasons left of them.

Now I'm just crossing my fingers that there will be some spots left over in the fairgrounds that I can get.
CocksOnTop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 02:58 PM   #25
carolina_corpsman
Household Name

Male

carolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CocksOnTop View Post
Can't beat the young alumni tickets. 200 bucks for a season ticket in the first few rows of the upper deck is a hell of a deal. Luckily, I still have 4 seasons left of them.

Now I'm just crossing my fingers that there will be some spots left over in the fairgrounds that I can get.
That is a great deal, how does the parking work? Do they give you dibs after the season ticket holders select them?
Old 06-06-2017, 03:16 PM   #26
donbgamecock
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 1550000
donbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot material

No change for me this year. There were no better seats available in the West side. There were still two seats to the right of me though. Section 307 row 7.
Old 06-06-2017, 10:46 PM   #27
SC Sandlapper
Mr. 10,000

Male

CockyCash: 1650
SC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot material

I sat in row 4 of the upper deck and really liked the view from up there, could really see the plays unfold from that angle, but we wanted to try it in the lower deck last year so we moved down to 7. Good view there too and faster to get to the seats, don't have to hike up the ramps.

Talking about this is getting me really pumped for the season.
Old 06-06-2017, 10:48 PM   #28
Gamecocks0197
Two Deep

Male

Gamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Sandlapper View Post
I sat in row 4 of the upper deck and really liked the view from up there, could really see the plays unfold from that angle, but we wanted to try it in the lower deck last year so we moved down to 7. Good view there too and faster to get to the seats, don't have to hike up the ramps.

Talking about this is getting me really pumped for the season.
My family used to have tickets in section 6, row 30-ish. Enjoy!
Old 06-06-2017, 11:36 PM   #29
Nureye
White helmets rule

Male

CockyCash: 415
Nureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot material

Section 1 row 44 seats 1-2.

Thanks YES program!

I've moved around the last few years in section one, and have been waiting for aisle seats to open up.

In the last seven days I've been blessed with a new kid, a new job, and aisle seats a to carolina football games.

Pretty good week.
Old 06-07-2017, 08:50 AM   #30
SC Sandlapper
Mr. 10,000

Male

SC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot material

I had some aisle seats one year and found myself getting up and down constantly to let people in and out. I tend to stay planted during games so we moved to the middle just for that reason.

Question... how low is too low? There were some seats available on row 2 about the 15 yard line and lovely wife vetoed it for being too low. Anyone ever sat down there? How was it?
Old 06-07-2017, 09:23 AM   #31
carolina_corpsman
Household Name

Male

Quote:
I had some aisle seats one year and found myself getting up and down constantly to let people in and out. I tend to stay planted during games so we moved to the middle just for that reason.

Question... how low is too low? There were some seats available on row 2 about the 15 yard line and lovely wife vetoed it for being too low. Anyone ever sat down there? How was it?
I love aisle seats, easy in easy out.

I would say row 2 is way too low. I think somewhere between row 12 and 30 are best. High enough to see over the sidelines but not to high up.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
Old 06-07-2017, 03:00 PM   #32
Nureye
White helmets rule

Male

CockyCash: 415
Nureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot material

Quote:

IMO on the west side "too low" is any seat below the entrance tunnels.

I don't like anywhere on the east side. The south section can have a decent view fairly low down because there isn't anything to obstruct your vision.

I get what you are saying about aisle seats, but the overall obesity level in this state has made my desire to sit in the middle disappear. Plus the aisle seats in section 1 are closer to the middle of the field.
Old 06-07-2017, 08:19 PM   #33
CocksOnTop
Blue Chip

Male

CocksOnTop rules the CockPitCocksOnTop rules the CockPitCocksOnTop rules the CockPitCocksOnTop rules the CockPitCocksOnTop rules the CockPitCocksOnTop rules the CockPitCocksOnTop rules the CockPitCocksOnTop rules the CockPitCocksOnTop rules the CockPitCocksOnTop rules the CockPitCocksOnTop rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_corpsman View Post
That is a great deal, how does the parking work? Do they give you dibs after the season ticket holders select them?
Yeah, after regular season ticket holders get their shot at purchasing parking the leftover spots go to the young alumni ticket holders. Theres normally a good amount of spots left over.
CocksOnTop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 08:39 PM   #34
carolina_corpsman
Household Name

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by CocksOnTop View Post
Yeah, after regular season ticket holders get their shot at purchasing parking the leftover spots go to the young alumni ticket holders. Theres normally a good amount of spots left over.
Nice, are they also sold for a discount or full price?

Assuming they are in the Green lot?

Old 06-07-2017, 09:32 PM   #35
SC Sandlapper
Mr. 10,000

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nureye View Post
IMO on the west side "too low" is any seat below the entrance tunnels.

I don't like anywhere on the east side. The south section can have a decent view fairly low down because there isn't anything to obstruct your vision.

I get what you are saying about aisle seats, but the overall obesity level in this state has made my desire to sit in the middle disappear. Plus the aisle seats in section 1 are closer to the middle of the field.
I am below the tunnels for the first time this year, but just a few rows down, so we'll see how it goes.

I sat in one of the super-low rows in the east side one game, row BB or some double-letter row like that, and the view was awful. Could not see a damn thing because the other team was in the way.

I do hear you about the big people factor, being tall and wide myself. If I sit next to another big guy, well, it's tight. Sort of like flying, you pray for a small person or an empty seat next to you, but hell if the game is good I don't notice it. My legs are long and my knees are always shoved into the seat in front of us, but I always have a lovely wife on one side who doesn't mind being leaned on!
Old 06-07-2017, 11:39 PM   #36
Three and Out
Game MVP

Male

Three and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockfucius View Post
My dad and some of his friends got seats together in the west upper the first season it was open, which I think was '72. He had the same seats from then until his 2016 death. They're front-row upper deck...great seats!

He was the last to die among that group of friends. As all the other seats began changing hands, Dad lived on into his 90's. He quit going in his mid- 80's and let me use the tix and parking pass without charging me. He was a great Dad!

So, though I have lived off and on in places over the years when I couldn't come back to games, my fanny has been parked in the same seat since 1972, when I was 11. I'm 56 now.

Dad and I have the same name. GC Club staff check the obituaries every day, just sayin'. They knew he died, and did not allow me to renew those seats. Gonna miss 'em.

Go Cocks! Hey, Dad: Forever to Thee!
you've got plenty of great memories over those 40 years
Three and Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 01:56 PM   #37
carolina_corpsman
Household Name

Male

Was unable to pick seats, so I let my wife do it, ended up in sec. 19 row 37 on the aisle.

Old 06-27-2017, 10:44 AM   #38
gamecock1119
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 342
gamecock1119 is developing his combgamecock1119 is developing his combgamecock1119 is developing his combgamecock1119 is developing his combgamecock1119 is developing his combgamecock1119 is developing his combgamecock1119 is developing his combgamecock1119 is developing his comb

So judging by the map. It looks like there will be 10000-12000 empty seats. Anyone think attendance will be better this year?
gamecock1119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 11:49 AM   #39
carolina_corpsman
Household Name

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecock1119 View Post
So judging by the map. It looks like there will be 10000-12000 empty seats. Anyone think attendance will be better this year?
They were giving away thousands of tickets last year, and still half full.

Win games and people will show up.

Also remember they still have mini packs and single game tickets to sell.

The more telling number is the number of gamecock club renewals,did it increase or decrease.

Old 06-27-2017, 11:56 AM   #40
2014cock
Recruit

Male

2014cock is sharpening his claws2014cock is sharpening his claws2014cock is sharpening his claws2014cock is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecock1119 View Post
They'll also give some away to students when the request exceeds the amount of tickets they have. With that many open seats every student should get a seat who wants one. Also keep in mind the 3 game packages and they'll be some walk ups.

We won't sell out every game, but we should do a lot better than last year.
2014cock is offline   Reply With Quote