CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
NinjaSven
MEL
Ironfan
cockinraleigh
Order 66
CockNJersey
cockyguitar
SCgamecock9
ccured
6pack
**USC vs. Louisiana (28955)
So we're 3-1. Ugh. T (1884)
Can we stop trying t (1013)
BAW out for the year (898)
Remember how our off (845)
Today is a MUST WIN; (842)
People forget that.. (736)
Some questions after (605)
Injuries (421)
Mental toughness (395)
Georgia State University
Jake Bentley analysis
**USC vs. Louisiana Tech
I wish we all could get a
Our chances against aTm
Muschamp Presser question
Remember how our offense
Qb's under pressure SEC
Today is a MUST WIN; What
Turning point - Jacob Aug

Old 06-01-2017, 07:59 PM   #1
Order 66
Ed O'Bannon must pay

Male

CockyCash: 10950385
Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material
Default Your favorite experience in Williams Brice?

I have had a lot over the past decade, but this one always sticks out.

I had been dating my wife for about 3 months, when I was able to get us tickets to the 2009 game against Ole Miss. Initially, we didn't have the best seats, but at halftime some of the students bailed, giving us the opportunity to sneak into the student section. At that time I was 2 years removed from graduation, so attending a game without the excitement of the student section was difficult proposition. Sandstorm was still a new experience, one that brought out the raw emotions of the crowd. That final 2 minutes saw my wife and I screaming our heads off, me to the extent of bloodying my throat. That night pretty much cemented my relationship with my future wife, and set the stage for what could be possible at the heights of the Spurrier era. This was certainly one of the greatest nights of my life.
Order 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 08:06 PM   #2
carolina_corpsman
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 500
carolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot material
Default Re: Your favorite experience in Williams Brice?

2010 Vs. Bama.
carolina_corpsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 08:22 PM   #3
miked237
Blue Chip

Male

miked237 is crowing loudlymiked237 is crowing loudlymiked237 is crowing loudlymiked237 is crowing loudlymiked237 is crowing loudlymiked237 is crowing loudlymiked237 is crowing loudlymiked237 is crowing loudlymiked237 is crowing loudlymiked237 is crowing loudlymiked237 is crowing loudly

As a student? Back-to-back weeks with the goalposts coming down to end 2 long losing streaks in 2000. (And The Fade a couple of weeks after that.)

Recently? Clemson game, 2013.
Stay focus, become victorious.
miked237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 08:54 PM   #4
Lonnie
Band

Male

CockyCash: 499
Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

You guys really don't want to know mine. But it was in 1990.

Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 09:04 PM   #5
12+4=6
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 124611065020
12+4=6 is USC mascot material12+4=6 is USC mascot material12+4=6 is USC mascot material12+4=6 is USC mascot material12+4=6 is USC mascot material12+4=6 is USC mascot material12+4=6 is USC mascot material12+4=6 is USC mascot material12+4=6 is USC mascot material12+4=6 is USC mascot material12+4=6 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to 12+4=6

2012 UGA. More specifically, right after Ace's punt return TD. Craziest moment I can remember.

Bama, Ole Miss, and Clemson during 5 straight are all close though.
Old 06-01-2017, 09:56 PM   #6
Order 66
Ed O'Bannon must pay

Male

Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12+4=6 View Post
2012 UGA. More specifically, right after Ace's punt return TD. Craziest moment I can remember.

That's definitely my second, that whole game was like a dream.
Old 06-01-2017, 10:01 PM   #7
Jim Lahey
I am the liquor

Male

CockyCash: 200
Jim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot material

Beating this piss out of UGA, Todd Gurley's freshmen year
Old 06-01-2017, 10:16 PM   #8
Gamecocks0197
Two Deep

Male

Gamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot material

Georgia 2012. I almost wasn't going to go, but got a ticket at the last minute. That punt return by Ace is one of my favorite plays ever. When that happened, everyone knew that 2012 was gonna be special. The east deck was also shaking. If It Ain't Swayin,' We Ain't Playin.'

Then Tennessee 2016. It was my first night game as a student (I attended a different school my freshman year). We all know how important and the impact that happened because of this win. Biggest win in 2 years after lots of heartbreaking games. It was also sweet revenge for losing to Tennessee in some pretty creative ways for 3 straight years prior.
Old 06-01-2017, 10:25 PM   #9
ccured
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 62383
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Quote:

That's the loudest single point I ever remember and I went to my first game on 1984 and regularly going in 87
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 12:25 AM   #10
Headman
Walk On

Male

Headman has feathers coming inHeadman has feathers coming in

Either the Rice catch vs. Bama or the Ace punt return. Ace punt return was crazy though!!! I've been going since '81.
Headman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 12:55 AM   #11
Pastatroy
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 25200
Pastatroy has developed his gaff and talonsPastatroy has developed his gaff and talonsPastatroy has developed his gaff and talonsPastatroy has developed his gaff and talonsPastatroy has developed his gaff and talonsPastatroy has developed his gaff and talonsPastatroy has developed his gaff and talonsPastatroy has developed his gaff and talonsPastatroy has developed his gaff and talonsPastatroy has developed his gaff and talonsPastatroy has developed his gaff and talons

09 Ole Miss, no question about it.
The last game I attended with my late father, who grew up watching Archie Manning, I remember using the bathroom late in the 4th quarter (vomiting) and looking up to see the the lights shaking thinking the whole upperdeck was going to collapse on me
Pastatroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 06:30 AM   #12
cocky0
The Slurp

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Fark of the Year Christmas Farking Contest: Christmas Farking Contest - Given for: Winning Farking Contest 
CockyCash: 9900000
cocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to cocky0

It's been a while since I've been able to make it to a game. I think Spurrier's first game was the last time I've been. (Yeah, I know.)

Anyways as a student, I made it to most of the home games. And even though we lost it by a wide margin, the pregame and first few minutes of the 2001 Blackout against UF were absolutely insane.

Unfortunately that was the game that gave all of the superstitious folks ammo against doing another Blackout.
Old 06-02-2017, 07:24 AM   #13
LBC
1st Team All-American

Male

LBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot material

I have been going to Williams-Brice since I was a kid, got to enjoy it as a student at USC and as an adult bringing my own kids to the games...it has literally been a part of my existence and life...my entire life...I even got to play there several times while in High School during the old 'Sports-a-Rama' days to kick off the High School season...Do they still do that?

All that being said the best game I have ever been lucky enough to witness was the 2000 UGA game after we were coming off the almost 2 year long losing streak and Georgia was #5 in the country. I believe we picked the ball off 5 times...or maybe we just had 5 turnovers...either way...every one was a swing of the axe...we just kept chopping...we kept hanging in and playing hard and working and competing. We were sitting in the Student section...when they used to let you do that...every time we took the ball away it was pandemonium!

When the final whistle blew there were grown old men with tears running down their face. There were gorgeous co-eds with tears running down their face. There were kids...entire families...with tears running down their faces. There was such a collective sharing of energy and relief that no other game comes close for me. It was over!! We were back!! And you could feel it. It was palpable.

Field gets rushed, goal posts come down, place is going wild, we had beaten UGA...a ranked UGA...but it was seeing grown men to little kids to smoking hot college baby dolls all cheering and celebrating with literal tears in their eyes and feeling that collective release that took place that day will always make that my favorite moment.

We've had bigger wins but never had a more emotional one.

Last edited by LBC; 06-02-2017 at 04:24 PM..
LBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 07:42 AM   #14
Spur's Addiction
Been caught moddin'

Male

Spur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot material

Probably when I was a kid. I was probably 13 or 14. My family didn't have a lot of spare money so we never got tickets or went to any games. Always listened to games on the radio or TV on the rare occasion it was on TV.

A friend of the family had season tix they were not using that week and gave them to me and my brother. I don't even remember who we played. It was late 80's so probably during the Todd Ellis years.

But just being in the Stadium and watching a game live was just incredible for me.
Old 06-02-2017, 07:52 AM   #15
Order 66
Ed O'Bannon must pay

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocky0 View Post
It's been a while since I've been able to make it to a game. I think Spurrier's first game was the last time I've been. (Yeah, I know.)

Anyways as a student, I made it to most of the home games. And even though we lost it by a wide margin, the pregame and first few minutes of the 2001 Blackout against UF were absolutely insane.

Unfortunately that was the game that gave all of the superstitious folks ammo against doing another Blackout.
I missed that one by a year, I graduated high school in 02. I certainly remember sitting at home being absolutely certain we were about to kick that evil Spurrier guy's ass that night. I don't think I've ever wished as many bad things on a person as I did him as we proceeded to get run out our own stadium through the 4th quarter. In hindsight, it's pretty hilarious how all that worked out.

I was at Carolina from 02-07, during Lou's slide and the hiring of Coach Spurrier. It was a surreal moment when everyone found out he was actually coming to Columbia. The biggest games I can remember in my stretch as a student were that first game against UCF, with that big bomb to Noah Whiteside to start the game, and the 05 Florida game, with Chris Tucker's big pick and rumble. I was able to snag an extra ticket and sneak my brother into the student section with me that afternoon. The next two years we found a way to be terrible at home, that 05 season was pretty special.

Old 06-02-2017, 07:55 AM   #16
Gamecockman12
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 290
Gamecockman12 is USC mascot materialGamecockman12 is USC mascot materialGamecockman12 is USC mascot materialGamecockman12 is USC mascot materialGamecockman12 is USC mascot materialGamecockman12 is USC mascot materialGamecockman12 is USC mascot materialGamecockman12 is USC mascot materialGamecockman12 is USC mascot materialGamecockman12 is USC mascot materialGamecockman12 is USC mascot material

It's hard to choose between Alabama 2010 and Georgia 2012. The Alabama game gets the nod for me since I was a student at that time. Georgia was my first year back in my regular seats.
Old 06-02-2017, 08:03 AM   #17
St. Louis Gamecock
4-Star

Male

St. Louis Gamecock rules the CockPitSt. Louis Gamecock rules the CockPitSt. Louis Gamecock rules the CockPitSt. Louis Gamecock rules the CockPitSt. Louis Gamecock rules the CockPitSt. Louis Gamecock rules the CockPitSt. Louis Gamecock rules the CockPitSt. Louis Gamecock rules the CockPitSt. Louis Gamecock rules the CockPitSt. Louis Gamecock rules the CockPitSt. Louis Gamecock rules the CockPit

Clemson 1987 - Brad Edwards interception for TD to go up 20-7 in 4th qtr.

R-O-D-N-E-Y!!!
St. Louis Gamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 08:10 AM   #18
RoosterBooster
1st Team All-SEC

CockyCash: 100500
RoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by St. Louis Gamecock View Post
Clemson 1987 - Brad Edwards interception for TD to go up 20-7 in 4th qtr.

R-O-D-N-E-Y!!!
I was about to post the same thing. Imagine if someone ran around a stadium with a flag that said Black Death today.
Old 06-02-2017, 08:21 AM   #19
Mechanical Cock
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 320450
Mechanical Cock is USC mascot materialMechanical Cock is USC mascot materialMechanical Cock is USC mascot materialMechanical Cock is USC mascot materialMechanical Cock is USC mascot materialMechanical Cock is USC mascot materialMechanical Cock is USC mascot materialMechanical Cock is USC mascot materialMechanical Cock is USC mascot materialMechanical Cock is USC mascot materialMechanical Cock is USC mascot material

Quote:

this
Old 06-02-2017, 08:40 AM   #20
Spur's Addiction
Been caught moddin'

Male

Spur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spur's Addiction View Post
Probably when I was a kid. I was probably 13 or 14. My family didn't have a lot of spare money so we never got tickets or went to any games. Always listened to games on the radio or TV on the rare occasion it was on TV.

A friend of the family had season tix they were not using that week and gave them to me and my brother. I don't even remember who we played. It was late 80's so probably during the Todd Ellis years.

But just being in the Stadium and watching a game live was just incredible for me.

As far as actual game I would probably say the Fla game a year or two after Spurrier started here. Everyone was doing the Gator Chomp near the end when we were beating them.