CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Blitzkrieg
Spur's Addiction
kick_ball
MountainCock
ucan'tlickourcocks
Three and Out
Captain9Dragons
Ace Dilcock
TastyLicks
2k15
24 in the CFP rankin (2778)
Sumlin Out at A& (1609)
Can we run the ball? (968)
My take (964)
MLB Hammers the Atla (560)
The Best Christmas M (451)
Patrick Davis-big ol (431)
Congratulations (427)
David Cassidy Dies (208)
PODCAST: Clemson Wee (102)
24 in the CFP rankings
Can we run the ball?
Can somebody design me a
Congratulations
Sumlin Out at A&M
2018 - Dorian Gerald
MLB Hammers the Atlanta B
New Smart TV
My take
Coaching carousel: 2017-1

Old 06-06-2017, 11:57 AM   #61
Emery
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 11950
Emery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot material
Default Re: Your favorite experience in Williams Brice?

I started going pretty routinely since 99, just to give a frame of reference.

Was there for a lot of the recent big ones, but the one that stands out is 2010 UGA.

It's rare, at least at USC, to get to watch a player and know that you're witnessing something that'll be talked about for years. Had Lattimore just been able to stay healthy, God only knows what he could've accomplished. It was great to watch him break the tackles and even though the score wasn't impressive, everyone knew that they'd just seen something amazing.

And just for a frame of reference, Garcia was 12-17 that game with seven passes to Alshon. Meaning, aside from Alshon, 5 other passes were caught and Lattimore was the team.
Emery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 12:08 PM   #62
JohnnyB21
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
JohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot material

My favorite moment was UGA in, I believe 2012. I wish I had been there, but I remember watching on tv and the stadium was rocking so hard the cameras were vibrating enough to blur the TV picture every few seconds.
Old 06-06-2017, 12:54 PM   #63
Dizzy01
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 11000
Dizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by miked237 View Post
As a student? Back-to-back weeks with the goalposts coming down to end 2 long losing streaks in 2000. (And The Fade a couple of weeks after that.)

Recently? Clemson game, 2013.
It's Bama 2010 for me. As others have said there was just something about that game all day long. It almost felt like a lock that we would win that game and the crowd was just crazy into celebrating that one. Of course I was equally sure we would lose to Kentucky the next week so that's kind of bitter sweet.

In regards to the goal posts I remember the students rushing the field before the game ended and trying to tear down the goal posts. I remember telling my wife we would end up forfeiting the game when the post broke before it was over which would be the most Carolina way to lose a game.
Dizzy01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 12:56 PM   #64
Spur's Addiction
Been caught moddin'

Male

CockyCash: 5200
Spur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scranton Tiger View Post

Well I was also in the stands for the 1975 South Carolina 56-20 victory over Clemson. Does that help?
Nobody here cares. Go post this on a tater board.
Old 06-08-2017, 03:38 PM   #65
OscarTheGrouch
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 9951840
OscarTheGrouch is USC mascot materialOscarTheGrouch is USC mascot materialOscarTheGrouch is USC mascot materialOscarTheGrouch is USC mascot materialOscarTheGrouch is USC mascot materialOscarTheGrouch is USC mascot materialOscarTheGrouch is USC mascot materialOscarTheGrouch is USC mascot materialOscarTheGrouch is USC mascot materialOscarTheGrouch is USC mascot materialOscarTheGrouch is USC mascot material

Gotta go with Bama 2010... Was a fantastic day.
OscarTheGrouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 04:40 PM   #66
Gaichon
Chartreuse Microbus, 10-4

Male

CockyCash: 1000000500
Gaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy01 View Post
It's Bama 2010 for me. As others have said there was just something about that game all day long. It almost felt like a lock that we would win that game and the crowd was just crazy into celebrating that one. Of course I was equally sure we would lose to Kentucky the next week so that's kind of bitter sweet.
So true. Told the wife, "We'll blow our load then lose to UK next week, but I'll take it." That's the talk of a man that's watched lots of Carolina football.

Gaichon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 04:50 PM   #67
BiscoCocky
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 5500
BiscoCocky is USC mascot materialBiscoCocky is USC mascot materialBiscoCocky is USC mascot materialBiscoCocky is USC mascot materialBiscoCocky is USC mascot materialBiscoCocky is USC mascot materialBiscoCocky is USC mascot materialBiscoCocky is USC mascot materialBiscoCocky is USC mascot materialBiscoCocky is USC mascot materialBiscoCocky is USC mascot material

Same game. Me and my date were denied entry to student section (even tho we had student tickets and they had just started the Loyalty program) supposedly bc it was at capacity (full disclosure i reeked of fighting cock and Sams club cola). Found a seat behind a nice family, my date proceeds to spill vodka all over them trying to spike her lemonade. Feel bad so head back to memorial lot to watch game w/ rest of degenerates that couldn't make it in. Almost knock a guy unconscious celebrating that tackle D stew had on Mcclusteter. Get swine flu the next night at a massive band party (technically a dj). I had some friends from ole miss in town spent entire weekend putting a towel over my head imitating Snead and calling it my Heisman pose.
BiscoCocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 04:51 PM   #68
Lonnie
Band

Male

CockyCash: 250200
Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scranton Tiger View Post
1977 "The Catch". Clemson moves out to a 24-0 lead midway through the 3rd quarter. Carolina comes back to take a 27-24 lead late in the 4th quarter. Clemson responds by driving the length of the field in less than a minute to retake the lead and the win 31-27 on a pass from Steve Fuller to Jerry Butler.
Ya know, my favorite memory in Willy B was also a Carolina loss, but I tried to be discrete about how I talked about it on a Carolina message board. Sure, I could have been a jerk about it, but I try to have a little more respect than that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
You guys really don't want to know mine. But it was in 1990.

Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 08:55 PM   #69
Y Formation
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 11400
Y Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot material

Mine was when I went to all the home games with my Dad in the late 70's and early 80's. He was Gamecock Club member and we had 4 seats for all the home games. One for each family member.

We had so many good games back then, but we came back against Wake Forest in the driving rain and won the game late in the fourth quarter on a deep pass which Ira Hillary caught for a TD very close to where we were sitting. A lot of people had left because defeat seemed imminent and it was raining like mad. We stayed with our poncho's on and everyone in the stadium went crazy when he caught the TD pass that snatched victory from defeat.

The most fun I ever had at a football game with my Dad.

Last edited by Y Formation; 06-08-2017 at 09:13 PM..
Y Formation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 11:08 PM   #70
Order 66
Ed O'Bannon must pay

Male

CockyCash: 10950385
Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

Taters got to try and ruin everything.
Order 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 07:55 AM   #71
Ace Dilcock
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 11967
Ace Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
Ya know, my favorite memory in Willy B was also a Carolina loss, but I tried to be discrete about how I talked about it on a Carolina message board. Sure, I could have been a jerk about it, but I try to have a little more respect than that...
I was there in 1990 and was actually sitting with the Citadel coach's wives, even drove back to Mt. P with one of the Citadel assistant coaches - after an awkward Cockaboose visit with the coach in tow. I hate that we lost but felt good for the Citadel folks.

But one time was enough. No need to give them anther W in 2015 or any time in the future.
Ace Dilcock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 12:10 PM   #72
GamecockSuperFan
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 666
GamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Order 66 View Post
I have had a lot over the past decade, but this one always sticks out.

I had been dating my wife for about 3 months, when I was able to get us tickets to the 2009 game against Ole Miss. Initially, we didn't have the best seats, but at halftime some of the students bailed, giving us the opportunity to sneak into the student section. At that time I was 2 years removed from graduation, so attending a game without the excitement of the student section was difficult proposition. Sandstorm was still a new experience, one that brought out the raw emotions of the crowd. That final 2 minutes saw my wife and I screaming our heads off, me to the extent of bloodying my throat. That night pretty much cemented my relationship with my future wife, and set the stage for what could be possible at the heights of the Spurrier era. This was certainly one of the greatest nights of my life.

This was a great one to be at for sure. I actually had a good time at the vandy game that year too. The game where alshon saved the day and took a short pass to the house in 4th quarter. Crowd was really loud after that touchdown.
GamecockSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 12:15 PM   #73
Nassau Gamecock
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 6200
Nassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaichon View Post
So true. Told the wife, "We'll blow our load then lose to UK next week, but I'll take it." That's the talk of a man that's watched lots of Carolina football.
I made the mistake of going to the Ky game the next week.

Haven't been to a game since the early 70s. Probably best experience was in HS when I was an usher and got to watch the game - Don't know which ones- from the field. I don't remember much about College.
Old 06-09-2017, 04:16 PM   #74
Gamecocks0197
Two Deep

Male

Gamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot material

Georgia 2012 and Tennessee 2016 still stand as my favorites. It wasn't at Williams Brice, but 2014 Capital One Bowl is one of my top Gamecock football experiences as well.
Old 06-09-2017, 04:35 PM   #75
Lonnie
Band

Male

CockyCash: 250200
Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Dilcock View Post
I was there in 1990 and was actually sitting with the Citadel coach's wives, even drove back to Mt. P with one of the Citadel assistant coaches - after an awkward Cockaboose visit with the coach in tow. I hate that we lost but felt good for the Citadel folks.

But one time was enough. No need to give them anther W in 2015 or any time in the future.
I was in the stadium as a Cadet in 1990, and watched 2015 on TV. Because of that, the two games were totally different affairs. As I said, 1990, was a fond memory, because I knew many of the guys on the field that day. To be 100% honest, 2015 was bittersweet for me. Even as a Citadel fan I'm still not sure the call at the end of the game was the right one. 2015 was just a weird football season all the way around.

Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 06:38 PM   #76
Mechanical Cock
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 5400
Mechanical Cock is USC mascot materialMechanical Cock is USC mascot materialMechanical Cock is USC mascot materialMechanical Cock is USC mascot materialMechanical Cock is USC mascot materialMechanical Cock is USC mascot materialMechanical Cock is USC mascot materialMechanical Cock is USC mascot materialMechanical Cock is USC mascot materialMechanical Cock is USC mascot materialMechanical Cock is USC mascot material

I got to hear Ray Tanner talk today. With regards to the stadium he repeated the vision of going to more primo seating and remove some lower grade seats. Said that the primo seats at BoA stadium for kickoff sold out but haven't sold the low cost, that baseball and NFL are going less but higher quality and more expensive seats.

Said that the concessions are being upgraded this year. That they have changed their service provider and expect updated technology in the concessions and generally a better experience.

Said that beer in Williams Brice was likely in the future based on the way things are going in college football but the SEC is lagging behind in embracing that and it's probably a few years out.
Old 07-11-2017, 07:27 PM   #77
Gamecocks0197
Two Deep

Male

Gamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanical Cock View Post
I got to hear Ray Tanner talk today. With regards to the stadium he repeated the vision of going to more primo seating and remove some lower grade seats. Said that the primo seats at BoA stadium for kickoff sold out but haven't sold the low cost, that baseball and NFL are going less but higher quality and more expensive seats.

Said that the concessions are being upgraded this year. That they have changed their service provider and expect updated technology in the concessions and generally a better experience.

Said that beer in Williams Brice was likely in the future based on the way things are going in college football but the SEC is lagging behind in embracing that and it's probably a few years out.
Luxury seating is the priority now, and it's not just here - it's a trend in the world of sports. It's the best way to contend with man caves equipped with 55 inch screens and air conditioning. Last I heard, they found a way to add luxury seats to the east side without making a huge dent in the seating capacity (80,250).

The university changed food vendors this summer (Sodexo to Aramark) and part of the new contract is that Aramark will take over athletic vending as well. They've announced some interesting changes to campus/Russell House dining, so hopefully that will happen at Williams Brice as well.

Beer in the SEC will eventually happen, but like he said, I still think it's still a while before it happens. The conference seems to be very reluctant
Old 07-11-2017, 08:32 PM   #78
kidrobinski
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 1320
kidrobinski rules the CockPitkidrobinski rules the CockPitkidrobinski rules the CockPitkidrobinski rules the CockPitkidrobinski rules the CockPitkidrobinski rules the CockPitkidrobinski rules the CockPitkidrobinski rules the CockPitkidrobinski rules the CockPitkidrobinski rules the CockPitkidrobinski rules the CockPit

My favorite was at WB but I wasn't there...Alabama 2001. I was on the road and my dad was giving me cell phone updates; his last call was to hold the phone to the tv so I could hear us hold them at the end. I could hear in his voice how much it meant to him, and I'm forever grateful for that win. He died from cancer three months later.

After that, easy: FSU 84 (with my dad) with Georgia 2000 (the Qunicy 5 INT game) and MSU (Smoot smack and The Fade) close behind.
kidrobinski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 08:40 PM   #79
evilpoptart
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 5028
evilpoptart is USC mascot materialevilpoptart is USC mascot materialevilpoptart is USC mascot materialevilpoptart is USC mascot materialevilpoptart is USC mascot materialevilpoptart is USC mascot materialevilpoptart is USC mascot materialevilpoptart is USC mascot materialevilpoptart is USC mascot materialevilpoptart is USC mascot materialevilpoptart is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to evilpoptart

Georgia '12 before the game when that soldier surprised his family
evilpoptart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 08:52 PM   #80
RockmartCock
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
RockmartCock has feathers coming inRockmartCock has feathers coming inRockmartCock has feathers coming in

I forget what year but Ole Miss was ranked #4 and come to the house on a Thursday night (my wife's first trip). Pretty sure it was the night that Sand Storm originated. We had a blast!! But heck anytime at the Brice is a good time to me, it's just amplified when we win!!!
RockmartCock is offline   Reply With Quote