CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
carolina_corpsman
6pack
SanAntonioCock
EAtMoRTaYtErz
FanofCarolina1
scfanz
Blitzkrieg
FurmanCock
RGHoskins
SwampFox
D. English & M.L (747)
2017 Gamecocks Offen (715)
4 new transfers sear (635)
eclipse fly over (410)
Bad luck that surrou (245)
110 out of 111 playe (164)
Western nation's see (22)
Favorite non-Gamecoc (0)
Favorite non-Gamecock Coa
2018 - Kingsley Enagbare
110 out of 111 players te
Discussion: 2018 Recruiti
2017 Gamecocks Offensive
First home game, under th
2018 - Dax Hollifield
2018 Commitment - Dakereo
Bad luck that surrounds S
This could be trouble

Old 06-14-2017, 10:26 AM   #21
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
CockyCash: 200
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material
Default Re: Tailgating Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecock88 View Post
Yeah, but they're orange
There's this new thing called spray paint ... get a screwdriver and take the faceplate off. Paint it, put it back on.

Heck, paint it all black and then you can add decals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoovecock View Post
I agree with Cack.
cack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 10:29 AM   #22
jseal777
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 1450
jseal777 rules the CockPitjseal777 rules the CockPitjseal777 rules the CockPitjseal777 rules the CockPitjseal777 rules the CockPitjseal777 rules the CockPitjseal777 rules the CockPitjseal777 rules the CockPitjseal777 rules the CockPitjseal777 rules the CockPitjseal777 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by cack View Post
Charcoal is a no-go (I would assume) in all university lots. I've seen people use charcoal, so it all depends on if you get caught or not, but due to fire hazard, I would guess it's a no no for all of the lots.

Now the private lots, no clue.
That makes sense. Thanks! What about smokers? Same deal? I was already planning on smoking some turkey the day before for turkey sandwiches.
jseal777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 11:02 AM   #23
RoosterBooster
1st Team All-SEC

CockyCash: 100500
RoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cack View Post
There's this new thing called spray paint ... get a screwdriver and take the faceplate off. Paint it, put it back on.

Heck, paint it all black and then you can add decals.
Where can I find this amazing stuff you speak of.
Old 06-14-2017, 11:08 AM   #24
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by jseal777 View Post
That makes sense. Thanks! What about smokers? Same deal? I was already planning on smoking some turkey the day before for turkey sandwiches.
I've actually never seen anything mention smokers by name, so I don't know if they'll include that in with charcoal or not.

Quote:
I agree with Cack.
Old 06-14-2017, 11:08 AM   #25
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoosterBooster View Post
Where can I find this amazing stuff you speak of.
Meet me in the back alley in 45. Come alone and bring cash ...

Quote:
I agree with Cack.
Old 06-20-2017, 01:00 PM   #26
jseal777
Blue Chip

Male

jseal777 rules the CockPitjseal777 rules the CockPitjseal777 rules the CockPitjseal777 rules the CockPitjseal777 rules the CockPitjseal777 rules the CockPitjseal777 rules the CockPitjseal777 rules the CockPitjseal777 rules the CockPitjseal777 rules the CockPitjseal777 rules the CockPit

I think I'm going to use a power inverter since I'll only be running a Tv and antenna. I know I'll need to run the car every now and then to keep the car battery charged, is it safe to have the inverter running and the tv on when I do this or do I need to unplug it before I start the car?
Old 06-21-2017, 07:46 PM   #27
carolina_corpsman
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 500
carolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot material

Quote:
I think I'm going to use a power inverter since I'll only be running a Tv and antenna. I know I'll need to run the car every now and then to keep the car battery charged, is it safe to have the inverter running and the tv on when I do this or do I need to unplug it before I start the car?
It should be fine to keep it connected while u run the car, it really is all you need for just a TV. I would suggest a powered antennae, which will run off the TV's power supply and keeping the antenna inside your vehicle really improved my reception.
carolina_corpsman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 08:37 PM   #28
CockyATO
Thread Killer

Male

CockyCash: 1200244
CockyATO is USC mascot materialCockyATO is USC mascot materialCockyATO is USC mascot materialCockyATO is USC mascot materialCockyATO is USC mascot materialCockyATO is USC mascot materialCockyATO is USC mascot materialCockyATO is USC mascot materialCockyATO is USC mascot materialCockyATO is USC mascot materialCockyATO is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_corpsman View Post
It should be fine to keep it connected while u run the car, it really is all you need for just a TV. I would suggest a powered antennae, which will run off the TV's power supply and keeping the antenna inside your vehicle really improved my reception.
This is a great way to go... and depending on your data package you could stream ESPN from your phone via Apple TV or just a simple cord

No need to unplug the inverter to crank up and charge

Bring jumper cables.

Twitter: CreightonUSC
CockyATO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 10:02 PM   #29
SC Sandlapper
Mr. 10,000

Male

CockyCash: 1650
SC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot material

A lot of you are posting about music. Think before you crank. In the parking lots such as the Fairgrounds, you're crammed in tight with lots of other people. People of all ages and tastes. Don't be that ass hat who is just dead certain everyone around him loves his music as much as he does. I had some jackass next to me 2 years ago who listened to music that was CRAP and he played it loud as hell. Don't be that guy. The one thing tailgaters have in common is the game. Listen to the pre game show.
Old 06-21-2017, 10:48 PM   #30
Gamecocks0197
Two Deep

Male

Gamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Sandlapper View Post
A lot of you are posting about music. Think before you crank. In the parking lots such as the Fairgrounds, you're crammed in tight with lots of other people. People of all ages and tastes. Don't be that ass hat who is just dead certain everyone around him loves his music as much as he does. I had some jackass next to me 2 years ago who listened to music that was CRAP and he played it loud as hell. Don't be that guy. The one thing tailgaters have in common is the game. Listen to the pre game show.
Use Spotify, Apple, Amazon, etc - they have curated playlists and I'm pretty sure they all have some sort of tailgate music that are crowd pleasers. Pre-game or another football game works too.
Old 06-22-2017, 12:28 AM   #31
SC Sandlapper
Mr. 10,000

Male

CockyCash: 1650
SC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks0197 View Post
Use Spotify, Apple, Amazon, etc - they have curated playlists and I'm pretty sure they all have some sort of tailgate music that are crowd pleasers. Pre-game or another football game works too.
Use earbuds
Old 06-22-2017, 09:48 AM   #32
jseal777
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
Thanks! I'm actually looking at just listening to radio broadcasts of games during the tailgate and bringing a Nintendo to play. Sounds weird I know, but it's a nice compromise for my girlfriend who isn't the biggest football fan. But I do have an antenna that I'm taking just in case
Old 06-22-2017, 09:57 AM   #33
carolina_corpsman
Household Name

Male

carolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Sandlapper View Post
Yeah, had that experience last year, guy blasted music out of his crappy car speakers every game. We bring a little JBL charge, but you couldn't hear it or the tv over his music.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
Old 06-22-2017, 09:59 AM   #34
jseal777
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
Yeah, had that experience last year, guy blasted music out of his crappy car speakers every game. We bring a little JBL charge, but you couldn't hear it or the tv over his music.

I just have a small Bluetooth speaker I'll set in the tailgate. That's all anybody needs, no need to blast it.
Old 06-22-2017, 10:01 AM   #35
jseal777
Blue Chip

Male

Apple Music does have a USC marching band album if anybody wanted to use Apple Music to make a tailgating playlist.
Old 06-22-2017, 10:02 AM   #36
carolina_corpsman
Household Name

Male

Quote:
I just have a small Bluetooth speaker I'll set in the tailgate. That's all anybody needs, no need to blast it.
Yup, that's what we do, I will say spotify/Pandora get a little lag as the place fills up.

Not sure which is worse, the self appointed dj's or the guy that brings the big 6000 watt construction generator.