CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
2k15
TRBTB
jdaniel
kingofnerf
Spur's Addiction
GregoryHouse
Three and Out
Order 66
Cockygaming
Gamecocks1137
Ryan Succop destroys (1178)
Vandy line (936)
Stacking Up the Next (776)
Deebo's Return: Soon (457)
2017 CFB Unbeatens (294)
Will the Gamecocks S (246)
Stacking Up the Next 3 We
Vandy line
Will the Gamecocks Score
2018 WBB - Christyn Willi
2017 CFB Unbeatens
Looking to 2 vs. UGA in A
***Can You Dig It? - Voll
***Volvo Driving Soccer M
POSSIBLY The Greatest Coa
Ryan Succop on NFL record

Old 06-17-2017, 02:03 AM   #1
Sir Big Spur 912
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 26866
Sir Big Spur 912 is crowing loudlySir Big Spur 912 is crowing loudlySir Big Spur 912 is crowing loudlySir Big Spur 912 is crowing loudlySir Big Spur 912 is crowing loudlySir Big Spur 912 is crowing loudlySir Big Spur 912 is crowing loudlySir Big Spur 912 is crowing loudlySir Big Spur 912 is crowing loudlySir Big Spur 912 is crowing loudlySir Big Spur 912 is crowing loudly
Default Fun Record Prediction Game

A fun game I like to play is called: “Who is the QB?”

The rules are simple, if you know who the QB of the other team is you make a prediction on whether they will beat the Gamecocks or not. If you have no idea who the QB is, the Gamecocks win.

Muschamp is notoriously good at getting in the head of rookie / average QB's with his defensive wizardry. *I have no data to back this up.

NC State: No idea who the QB is but I do know the kicker can’t kick (see Clemson game…) Gamecocks win. 1-0.

Missouri: Drew Lock is the QB but he is a bum. Gamecocks win. 2-0.

Kentucky: Stephen who? Gamecocks win. 3-0.

LA Tech: LOL! Gamecocks win. 4-0.

Tex AM: No more Trevor Knight. No clue who the QB is. Gamecocks win. 5-0.

Arkansas: Austin Allen is the real deal. This one is a tossup for me but I think we lose. 5-1.

Tennessee: No more Dobbs aka The Alien (even he couldn’t beat us last year…shout out to Jamarcus King). Gamecocks win. 6-1.

Bye Week: We’re undefeated in bye weeks since 1921. We keep the streak rolling.

Vandy: Kylie Shurmur? Never heard of her. Gamecocks win. 7-1.

Georgia: Jacob Eason has a lot of arm talent but is questionable between the ears (reminds me a little of Garcia, maybe it is the hair...) We’re in Athens though so I think we lose. 7-2.

Florida: Felipe? Some transfer from somewhere? Del Rio’s kid? No idea who it’s going to be. Gamecocks win. 8-2.

Wofford: See LA Tech. Gamecocks win. 9-2.

Clemson: The Ol’ Arch Rivals…Do they go with the guy that can run but not throw (Kelly who? Never heard of her (Joke repeat)) or do they go with the hot shot freshmen? Either way, it is in Willy B. Gamecocks win. 10-2.

In conclusion, Gamecocks finish 10-2. Bentley takes us a step close to the Iron Throne.
Old 06-17-2017, 02:20 AM   #2
Three and Out
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
Three and Out rules the CockPitThree and Out rules the CockPitThree and Out rules the CockPitThree and Out rules the CockPitThree and Out rules the CockPitThree and Out rules the CockPitThree and Out rules the CockPitThree and Out rules the CockPitThree and Out rules the CockPitThree and Out rules the CockPitThree and Out rules the CockPit
Default Re: Fun Record Prediction Game

Three and Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 06:15 AM   #3
Muschamp
Walk On

Male

Muschamp has feathers coming inMuschamp has feathers coming inMuschamp has feathers coming in

912;5007382]A fun game I like to play is called: “Who is the QB?”

The rules are simple, if you know who the QB of the other team is you make a prediction on whether they will beat the Gamecocks or not. If you have no idea who the QB is, the Gamecocks win.

Muschamp is notoriously good at getting in the head of rookie / average QB's with his defensive wizardry. *I have no data to back this up.

NC State: No idea who the QB is but I do know the kicker can’t kick (see Clemson game…) Gamecocks win. 1-0.

Arkansas: Austin Allen is the real deal. This one is a tossup for me but I think we lose. 5-1.

Tennessee: No more Dobbs aka The Alien (even he couldn’t beat us last year…shout out to Jamarcus King). Gamecocks win. 6-1.

Georgia: Jacob Eason has a lot of arm talent but is questionable between the ears (reminds me a little of Garcia, maybe it is the hair...) We’re in Athens though so I think we lose. 7-2.

Florida: Felipe? Some transfer from somewhere? Del Rio’s kid? No idea who it’s going to be. Gamecocks win. 8-2.

Clemson: The Ol’ Arch Rivals…Do they go with the guy that can run but not throw (Kelly who? Never heard of her (Joke repeat)) or do they go with the hot shot freshmen? Either way, it is in Willy B. Gamecocks win. 10-2.

In conclusion, Gamecocks finish 10-2. Bentley takes us a step close to the Iron Throne.[/quote]
Muschamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 06:21 AM   #4
Muschamp
Walk On

Male

Muschamp has feathers coming inMuschamp has feathers coming inMuschamp has feathers coming in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Big Spur 912 View Post
A fun game I like to play is called: “Who is the QB?”

In conclusion, Gamecocks finish 10-2. Bentley takes us a step close to the Iron Throne.
[quote=Muschamp;5007391]dude I'm the biggest fan on this board put the pipe down 6-6 at best
Muschamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 07:01 AM   #5
cocknblue
Looking for Lee Ho Fook's

Male

CockyCash: 200
cocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot material

NC State: Ryan Finley...a name Gamecock fans will be sick of hearing by the end of the game. 0-1

Missouri: Drew Lock. Better than you think, but supporting cast is still gelling. 1-1

Kentucky: Mystery. 2-1

Louisiana Tech: Mmm...Terry Bradshaw? No? I dunno. 3-1

Texas A&M: Doesn't really matter. They own us. 3-2

Arkansas: Austin Allen and a monster of an offensive line. 3-3

Tennessee: Dunno. 4-3

Vandy: Kyle Shurmur. 5-3

Georgia: Jacob Eason. 5-4

Florida: Kid from Notre Dame or Del Rio's son. 5-5

Wofford: Option....ugh. 6-5

Clemson: Plug and play replacement. 6-6
Old 06-17-2017, 07:23 AM   #6
cockyboy
4-Star

Male

cockyboy has earned his spurscockyboy has earned his spurscockyboy has earned his spurscockyboy has earned his spurscockyboy has earned his spurscockyboy has earned his spurs

[quote=Muschamp;5007394]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muschamp View Post
dude I'm the biggest fan on this board put the pipe down 6-6 at best
If you're saying 6-6 AT BEST, then I doubt you're our biggest fan. Most posters are saying 6-6 AT worst. I agree.
cockyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 07:39 AM   #7
STAGE1
Banned

Male

STAGE1 is learning to peckSTAGE1 is learning to peck

If 6-6 is truly the worst case scenario, I hope everyone is getting the farm on the over. Neutral oddsmakers seem to think there's at least a decent chance of under 5 wins.
STAGE1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 12:46 PM   #8
powercock
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 254000
powercock is crowing loudlypowercock is crowing loudlypowercock is crowing loudlypowercock is crowing loudlypowercock is crowing loudlypowercock is crowing loudlypowercock is crowing loudlypowercock is crowing loudlypowercock is crowing loudlypowercock is crowing loudlypowercock is crowing loudly

I honestly feel like 7-5 is this team right now. If they are doing good 8-4. I think O-line will do slightly better and D line steps up this season
Old 06-17-2017, 01:17 PM   #9
funktavious
Walk On

Male

funktavious has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by powercock View Post
I honestly feel like 7-5 is this team right now. If they are doing good 8-4. I think O-line will do slightly better and D line steps up this season
7-5 is my guess too. Anything over that would be gravy.
funktavious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 04:35 PM   #10
behindenemylines
Tater Edumacated

Male

behindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot material

15-0, National Champs!

He wasn't very tough, We were just missing tackles. - UGA safety Bacarri Rambo said

Y'all see 246. I see 300. - Latti

The ONLY disability in life is a bad attitude. - Matthew Jeffers
behindenemylines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 11:06 PM   #11
Rooster'srule
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 600
Rooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three and Out View Post
Rooster'srule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 12:32 AM   #12
taylorssc
Raisinballin'

Male

CockyCash: 1000337
taylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot material

[quote=Muschamp;5007394]
Quote:
Yep

5-7

Anything better is gravy
taylorssc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 04:15 AM   #13
cockyboy
4-Star

Male

cockyboy has earned his spurscockyboy has earned his spurscockyboy has earned his spurscockyboy has earned his spurscockyboy has earned his spurscockyboy has earned his spurs

People who are saying 5-7 and 6-6 are truly overrating our schedule. Their are teams with similar issues as us with far less talent at the qb position. Nc state is a tough opener, but I truly would not be shocked to see us at 4-0 going into the aTm game. In fact anything worse than 3-1 would shock me.
cockyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 06:59 AM   #14
6pack
1st Team All-SEC

Male

6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockyboy View Post
People who are saying 5-7 and 6-6 are truly overrating our schedule. Their are teams with similar issues as us with far less talent at the qb position. Nc state is a tough opener, but I truly would not be shocked to see us at 4-0 going into the aTm game. In fact anything worse than 3-1 would shock me.
A lot of those people still don't have faith in our coaches or most of the team for that matter. It amazes me. 7-5 or even 8-4 isn't that much of a stretch in my opinion. Champ and the guys are just getting started. 2018 will be the breakout season.
6pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 08:51 AM   #15
evilpoptart
Bowl MVP

Male

evilpoptart is USC mascot materialevilpoptart is USC mascot materialevilpoptart is USC mascot materialevilpoptart is USC mascot materialevilpoptart is USC mascot materialevilpoptart is USC mascot materialevilpoptart is USC mascot materialevilpoptart is USC mascot materialevilpoptart is USC mascot materialevilpoptart is USC mascot materialevilpoptart is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to evilpoptart

Less than 7 wins is a step backwards. I think we need 8 to start showing real progress to recruits.

I think we go 4-0 to start, lose 2/3 to tamu, arky, Tenn. Win 2/3 between vandy, Florida, and UGA. Beat wofford, lose to Clemson.
evilpoptart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 01:27 PM   #16
freekoffhisleash
Walk On

Male

freekoffhisleash is learning to peck

I admit that I dont know who most of the other QB's are so I am just guessing wins/losses here because I am bored.

NC State: I hope we pull this one out, but I wouldnt be shocked if we lost it either. Not sure how this one will end up. I think it could go either way.

Missouri: Should win this one

Kensucky: We better friggin win this one or I might pull a postal...

LA Tech: Fairly easy win

Tex AM: Sadly, we will be 0-3 against them

Arkansas: Ugh. Arky always seems to break my heart and will continue to do so this year....

Tennesshee: I hate them and we beat them again.

Vandy: Win

Georgia: Sigh. At Jawja? Be ready to hold up your capital L's for Loser....

Florida: Another loss....sure SOS will be happy too.

Wofford: For the love of God, do not schedule another option team. We win, but as usual barely, and its really, really ugly.

TaterTech: They will beat us again, in our house.

6-6.

Till we get some decent lines, we will continue to be a 6-6/7-5 team....
freekoffhisleash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 01:28 PM   #17
6pack
1st Team All-SEC

Male

6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by freekoffhisleash View Post
I admit that I dont know who most of the other QB's are so I am just guessing wins/losses here because I am bored.

NC State: I hope we pull this one out, but I wouldnt be shocked if we lost it either. Not sure how this one will end up. I think it could go either way.

Arkansas: Ugh. Arky always seems to break my heart and will continue to do so this year....

Wofford: For the love of God, do not schedule another option team. We win, but as usual barely, and its really, really ugly.

6-6.

Yeah no.
6pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 03:02 PM   #18
Gamecocks0197
Two Deep

Male

Gamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot material

Quote:

6-6.

Beat NC State, Lose to UT, and beat Arkansas. Everything else I agree with.

7-5 with a bid to the Gator Bowl (or TaxSlayer Bowl to be official)
Old 06-18-2017, 04:29 PM   #19
LazerBeak
4-Star

Male

LazerBeak is USC mascot materialLazerBeak is USC mascot materialLazerBeak is USC mascot materialLazerBeak is USC mascot materialLazerBeak is USC mascot materialLazerBeak is USC mascot materialLazerBeak is USC mascot materialLazerBeak is USC mascot materialLazerBeak is USC mascot materialLazerBeak is USC mascot materialLazerBeak is USC mascot material

Quote:

6-6.

thats about what I got too
LazerBeak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 08:07 PM   #20
donniebaseball
4-Star

Male

donniebaseball is developing his combdonniebaseball is developing his combdonniebaseball is developing his combdonniebaseball is developing his combdonniebaseball is developing his combdonniebaseball is developing his combdonniebaseball is developing his combdonniebaseball is developing his combdonniebaseball is developing his combdonniebaseball is developing his comb

[quote=Muschamp;5007394]
Quote:
Agreed.
donniebaseball is offline   Reply With Quote