CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CockyLifer
IBleedGarnetandBlack
garnet_black215
Badazcock
b381l
18IsTheMan
GH
Cocks N Stuff
ccured
InletCock1989
How were the Aggie f (1486)
Heck of an atmospher (1032)
Priority #1: Teach T (857)
Kevin Sumlin Thought (794)
Ward's D has a patte (793)
great pic (736)
Step back from the l (669)
My outside view (625)
Taylor Swift has a m (514)
99 PROBLEMS... (477)
Kevin Sumlin Thoughts.
Heck of an atmosphere
So, Dylan Thompson?
How far do we fall...
Here's a terrifying stat
Name a Gamecock
How were the Aggie fans a
Play for next year
Predict the Season (After
streaming college games

Old 11-30-2010, 12:08 PM   #21
HeadCockFan
...where the Pampers is.

Male

CockyCash: 202781
HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material
Default Re: Why do kids bully smaller kids?

I always got picked on and beat on as a kid, because I was so small. But I always had big friends to help me out if things got bad. I got really good at avoiding bad situations, something that has saved me in my adult years too.

But now that I'm grown, I'm thankful for all that bullying, because the chip on my shoulder is huge, and I'm not afraid of anyone that wants to bully me or my family now. I think many men are afraid of physical confrontations because they have no experience with it. I can say I've taken the worst of it already, and am ready to throw down even if I'm gonna lose. I'm definitely gonna avoid a fight at all cost still, but I show no fear in doing so. Seems like people pick up on this, and leave me alone now, because they know there's a chance I might get in that first shot.

Hopefully my kids will learn to stand up for themselves too early on.
HeadCockFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 12:23 PM   #22
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

CockyCash: 1000500
USCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to USCBatgirl21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog View Post
Even my 83 year old momma wanted a piece of that kid
You don't mess with Grandma's babies...EVER! That will bring down the wrath of God on you.
USCBatgirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 12:26 PM   #23
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

CockyCash: 1000500
USCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to USCBatgirl21

And I, too, agree with LBC.
USCBatgirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 12:26 PM   #24
GamecockRebel
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 1290
GamecockRebel has developed his gaff and talonsGamecockRebel has developed his gaff and talonsGamecockRebel has developed his gaff and talonsGamecockRebel has developed his gaff and talonsGamecockRebel has developed his gaff and talonsGamecockRebel has developed his gaff and talonsGamecockRebel has developed his gaff and talonsGamecockRebel has developed his gaff and talonsGamecockRebel has developed his gaff and talonsGamecockRebel has developed his gaff and talonsGamecockRebel has developed his gaff and talons

One thing that irritates me beyond belief is kids bullying other kids, especially smaller kids just to make themselves feel like a big shot. I have two sons, about to turn 9 and 6 next month, and the older one is smaller than a normal 3rd grader (smallest boy in 3rd grade and only 1 girl smaller than him in 3rd). He was a target for bullying since Kindergarten (never would've thought that it would start that young!) As others have said, in most cases if the child stands up to the bully, the bullying will stop and thankfully it has in my sons case. Luckily for him, he has been taking karate for 4.5 years and has been taking jujitsu and submission wrestling now for over a year. Last year, a kid that wasn't aware of this decided that son would be a good target to be picked on. Within 10 seconds, the bully was on his back crying for the teacher. Of course my son is the one that got into trouble at school as they said he should've told the teacher instead of fighting back....which I told him to do the same thing again if it happens anymore.

Probably the most proud of my oldest son that I've been was when he stood up to someone for his little brother (my sons fight each other beyond belief so to see him taking up for his little brother was great!) A pretty big kid that is the same age as my oldest, challenged my youngest to a wrestling match during a martial arts open challenge session. This kid had to be about 75 lbs with my youngest being 35 lbs. The kid was really rough with my youngest and of course he got hurt and the bigger kid looked pretty pleased with himself. When it was Mark's (my oldest son that weighed about 50 lbs at the time) turn to challenge someone, he went up to the one that just beat his little brother. Mark didn't show much mercy as he had the kid crying out from an arm-bar about 15 seconds into the match. Since then, the kid hasn't taken on Mark or his little brother...lol

Both of my sons know that they better never start a fight, but they need to stand up for themselves or the bullying won't stop. Mark also knows to keep an eye out for his little brother to make sure no one bullies him around.
Old 11-30-2010, 01:35 PM   #25
Gaichon
Chartreuse Microbus, 10-4

Male

CockyCash: 500
Gaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot material

I got picked-on mercilessly growing up because of where we lived, the clothes I wore, etc. Yeah, it built character and all that crap, but it didn't have to happen. If anything got to the point of being physical, my Dad taught me one rule...if they are 1 inch or 1 lb bigger than you, find a stick or brick and beat the hell out of 'em. Never took that approach, but I don't mind saying I did have a tumble or two...win some, lose some, but I've got the same philosophy now that I did then...you may whip my butt, but you better be prepared to be thoroughly and utterly exhausted. Most people aren't willing to do that.

Gaichon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 01:41 PM   #26
ColaCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 800
ColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot material

Unleash Taylor.

Yeah, he might get into some trouble for it. In the long run though, he will teach the bully a much more important lesson and will save others the headache in the long run.

If you wait for the system to fix it, you'll never see a change.
ColaCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 01:54 PM   #27
warriorchief
CT's 2x Favorite Tiger

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Favorite Non Gamecock Poster 
CockyCash: 1048000
warriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot material

Let Taylor beat his ass. If your school system was anything like mine, "peer mediation" just isn't gonna fix this type of problem. Tell him to hold back just a little though, make the jackass suffer and learn a good lesson.

I've got a 15 year old nephew, Nic; and 10 year old nephew, Sam. Nic's more of the "country boy" of the 2. Bigger than average, strong for his age, and is lifting for football right now. I've taught him the basic stuff to beat ass if need be, not too worried about him. Sam... he's a bit more, reserved, I guess. Love the boy, but he needs to toughen up. I'm trying to teach him to defend himself, because he's in that "Justin Bieber/long hair" phase and I know he's gonna get picked on at some point.

warriorchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 03:00 PM   #28
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Talking to that kid, and showing him "feelings" won't help him.

Let your older son pound the crap out of him. One of the best ways to learn about what it feels from the other side.
Old 11-30-2010, 03:02 PM   #29
Spurred4Life
Game MVP

CockyCash: 200
Spurred4Life is USC mascot materialSpurred4Life is USC mascot materialSpurred4Life is USC mascot materialSpurred4Life is USC mascot materialSpurred4Life is USC mascot materialSpurred4Life is USC mascot materialSpurred4Life is USC mascot materialSpurred4Life is USC mascot materialSpurred4Life is USC mascot materialSpurred4Life is USC mascot materialSpurred4Life is USC mascot material

What I say is to do is take him out. Greenlight him for the boys
Spurred4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 03:52 PM   #30
New User Name
Banned

Male

New User Name is developing his combNew User Name is developing his combNew User Name is developing his combNew User Name is developing his combNew User Name is developing his combNew User Name is developing his combNew User Name is developing his combNew User Name is developing his combNew User Name is developing his combNew User Name is developing his comb

Well, it may or may not be the best thing to teach your children..........but my dad taught me the same thing his dad taught him & his brother. I only had to hear this one time to believe it...."Boy, you get whipped at school, you're gonna get whipped even worse when you get home." I wanted no part of that, so I absolutely took no shit. I was scared to. I never picked fights, but if an idiot came calling, I obliged him. Bullies are like balloons....pop 'em hard & they go away. Just my $.02
New User Name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 05:07 PM   #31
TheMule
Br Ba

Male

CockyCash: 1000200
TheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to TheMule

The reason bullies pick on smaller kids is that if they picked on bigger kids they'd get the crap beat out of them.

When it comes down to a bully, don't forget that a hard swift kick in the nuts works wonders.

gt
Here's to you, Feisty and Spurd&Fthrd.
TheMule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 05:35 PM   #32
eaglegolf018
#1 Gamecock Braves Fan

Male

CockyCash: 96872
eaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot material

As a big brother, I wouldnt need to dad's permission. Even if he said no, that kid would get. The big brother needs to tear him a new one either way.
eaglegolf018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 06:05 PM   #33
ColaCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 800
ColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot material

"If a man kick's you in the ass one time, shame on man. A man kick's you in the ass two times, shame on YOU."

- Every football coach I ever had

ColaCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 06:17 PM   #34
carolina80
Chaplain of CockyTalk

Male

carolina80 is USC mascot materialcarolina80 is USC mascot materialcarolina80 is USC mascot materialcarolina80 is USC mascot materialcarolina80 is USC mascot materialcarolina80 is USC mascot materialcarolina80 is USC mascot materialcarolina80 is USC mascot materialcarolina80 is USC mascot materialcarolina80 is USC mascot materialcarolina80 is USC mascot material

Both my boys had run-ins with bullies. The older one went through a few weeks of it and finally had enough and cold cocked the kid....end of problem.

The younger one was a much more serious problem.....we went through all the channels: principal of the school (he was sympathetic but could not be everywhere, and was ineffectual); serious talk with parents, which was totally useless.....they were totally unconcerned and contributed to the problem. Finally, after my son was run off the road on his mo-ped and assaulted by the kid and 3 of his friends, I got the law involved. Then the parents started the begging and bargaining, but I wouldn't budge. The kid spent time in a juvenile facility, and around a year ago I learned he died in prison.

My younger son had a tough time with this, but thankfully he finally learned the lesson big brother tried to teach him.....stand up to your adversary.

Hog, my advice would be to let Taylor have a "serious talk" with this kid, but don't be surprised if nothing happens right away. It sounds like this kid has some serious social issues...don't hesitate to get authorities involved. It could make a difference for someone else's kid.
Old 11-30-2010, 06:42 PM   #35
cocky0
The Slurp

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Fark of the Year Christmas Farking Contest: Christmas Farking Contest - Given for: Winning Farking Contest 
CockyCash: 26100000
cocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to cocky0

Quote:
Am I wrong that I want to beat the shit out of that kid?
Nope.

But if you don't get the chance to do it, I certainly hope your boy gets a chance to exact some revenge someday.
Old 12-01-2010, 12:14 AM   #36
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

CockyCash: 1000468
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

The kids bully for a number of reasons:
Insecurity
Jealousy
They want a feeling of control and power

Check with your school concerning their discipline code.

2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 12:58 PM   #37
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 23088816
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

if you go back to my hs and try to pull some karate crap you will win the fight. the next day you will be shot. so, there is no answer there.
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 01:41 PM   #38
Whatsgoingonhere?
Banned

Male

Whatsgoingonhere? is USC mascot materialWhatsgoingonhere? is USC mascot materialWhatsgoingonhere? is USC mascot materialWhatsgoingonhere? is USC mascot materialWhatsgoingonhere? is USC mascot materialWhatsgoingonhere? is USC mascot materialWhatsgoingonhere? is USC mascot materialWhatsgoingonhere? is USC mascot materialWhatsgoingonhere? is USC mascot materialWhatsgoingonhere? is USC mascot materialWhatsgoingonhere? is USC mascot material

The real problem here is not just the big kid picking on Taylor. The real problem here is 15, 16 and 17 year olds in Junior High School.

When I was in 7-8th grade in Summerville (Alston Middle School) there were several other "kids" who were in the 8th grade and eligible for the draft (really. This was 1973.) For some reason School District II would let them just keep on coming back repeatedly.

Probably the real cure for this sort of bullying is the school district having a school just for these recidivist failures. In other words as soon as a kid reaches 7th grade and is already 14 years old then off to the school for dropouts.

As long as overbearing older punks are allowed to participate in a school filled with 12 year olds then there will ALWAYS be bullying, assault and intimidation.

Hog? Seriously, get a lawyer. Nothing makes a don't-give-a-damn school administrator jump higher and run faster than a good ol' fashion threat from a good law firm with five or six names on the letterhead.
Whatsgoingonhere? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 01:53 PM   #39
M.C.
The original "Mastercock"

Male

M.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to M.C.

yea there is no point to it...

All you Clemson Tigers Can Kiss My Garnet Ass -M.C.
M.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 05:33 PM   #40
Cockholio
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Cockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot material

I am my father's son. The boy's parent(s) would catch hellbent veangance from me.

Back in the early 60s, my oldest brother got the hell beat out of him by the schoolyard bully, a bigger, older boy. One problem for the bully is that my Dad knew his Dad worked nights down at the local bowling alley's bar. Well, my dad went down there that evening and reached across the bar and jerked the guy up and over it and essentially feather dusted the whole place with the guy. He told the man that if his son ever touched my brother again, he was going to come back down there and break both of his F'n arms. Things were good after that.

Tough spot you're in there Hog.