CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
SanAntonioCock
Flameout12
Senior Rooster
Spurticus
CockyLifer
gotrice?
The Yancey
Ahmad
Cockhornleghorn
rt3891
Georgia RB (597)
Radio for OL footbal (319)
Bryan Edwards is the (228)
LLWS (120)
Parking/Tailgating f (82)
2 Georgia Tickets (39)
2019 - PG Josiah James (M
Rico Dowdle
Bryan Edwards is the Punt
Georgia RB
2 Georgia Tickets
LLWS
Is Urban Meyer in Trouble
Taylor Stallworth Update
High school football has
2019 Commitment - Ryan Hi

Old 01-16-2018, 01:18 PM   #1
Darth Visor
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000866
Darth Visor is USC mascot materialDarth Visor is USC mascot materialDarth Visor is USC mascot materialDarth Visor is USC mascot materialDarth Visor is USC mascot materialDarth Visor is USC mascot materialDarth Visor is USC mascot materialDarth Visor is USC mascot materialDarth Visor is USC mascot materialDarth Visor is USC mascot materialDarth Visor is USC mascot material
Default PODCAST: The Spurs Up Show: Stephen Garcia

PODCAST: The Spurs Up Show: Stephen Garcia

LISTEN 🎙: https://armchairallamericans.com/stephen-garcia/

RATE/SUBSCRIBE 🎤: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...223831373?mt=2

#SpursUp
Darth Visor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 02:30 PM   #2
Darth Visor
Banned

Male

Darth Visor is USC mascot materialDarth Visor is USC mascot materialDarth Visor is USC mascot materialDarth Visor is USC mascot materialDarth Visor is USC mascot materialDarth Visor is USC mascot materialDarth Visor is USC mascot materialDarth Visor is USC mascot materialDarth Visor is USC mascot materialDarth Visor is USC mascot materialDarth Visor is USC mascot material
Default Re: PODCAST: The Spurs Up Show: Stephen Garcia

I know a lot of people find my threads annoying/pestering/etc, but if you only listen to one show, THIS I the one to listen to. Trust me.
Old 01-17-2018, 09:18 AM   #3
lakefire
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
lakefire has developed his gaff and talonslakefire has developed his gaff and talonslakefire has developed his gaff and talonslakefire has developed his gaff and talonslakefire has developed his gaff and talonslakefire has developed his gaff and talonslakefire has developed his gaff and talonslakefire has developed his gaff and talonslakefire has developed his gaff and talonslakefire has developed his gaff and talonslakefire has developed his gaff and talons
Send a message via ICQ to lakefire Send a message via AIM to lakefire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Visor View Post
I know a lot of people find my threads annoying/pestering/etc, but if you only listen to one show, THIS I the one to listen to. Trust me.
Haters gonna hate man. I've been at this forum long enough to realize any type of Gamecock content is good content. I mean, scroll down to the bottom of this forum and the last post activity was from nearly 10 days ago. Back in the day, you'd fill up 1 or 2 pages with content. Plus it's the off season.
Old 01-17-2018, 01:38 PM   #4
Lalli25
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 6800
Lalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot material

I listen to this today. It is a must listen. I found Garcia's comments very insightful. I think he does a solid job of owning his mistakes and where he could have done better, but he also gives a different view of how he was treated at times. Garcia gets too negative of a rep sometimes and I think this interview lets you see where the pitfalls happened. I couldn't believe the story about the closed door meeting and how that went down.
Lalli25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 01:39 PM   #5
GregoryHouse
Pompous Ass Hillbilly

Male

CockyCash: 429
GregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot material

Any plans to get Darnisha on the podcast?

Muschamp believes that recruiting within a five-hour radius of USC, "we can recruit good enough players to win the East every year."
GregoryHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 01:47 PM   #6
Darth Visor
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalli25 View Post
I listen to this today. It is a must listen. I found Garcia's comments very insightful. I think he does a solid job of owning his mistakes and where he could have done better, but he also gives a different view of how he was treated at times. Garcia gets too negative of a rep sometimes and I think this interview lets you see where the pitfalls happened. I couldn't believe the story about the closed door meeting and how that went down.
Yeah I thought that was crazy. There was definitely a ton of tension between him and Eric Hyman.
Old 01-17-2018, 01:47 PM   #7
Darth Visor
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregoryHouse View Post
Any plans to get Darnisha on the podcast?
I think that could be a fun show. I'll look into it.
Old 01-17-2018, 03:12 PM   #8
92Pony
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1674744
92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Visor View Post
I enjoyed it! 'Course I always have been and still am a Garcia fan.
92Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 03:49 PM   #9
Nureye
White helmets rule

Male

CockyCash: 4465
Nureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot material

Here's an interviewing tip. Ask one question and then stop. Let the guy answer the question, and then ask another question.

I think you could have gotten a lot more out of SG if you hadn't strung multiple questions together and then asked for an answer.

I enjoyed listening to SG. He's a good dude.
Old 01-17-2018, 08:34 PM   #10
Darth Visor
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nureye View Post
Here's an interviewing tip. Ask one question and then stop. Let the guy answer the question, and then ask another question.

I think you could have gotten a lot more out of SG if you hadn't strung multiple questions together and then asked for an answer.

I enjoyed listening to SG. He's a good dude.
Thank you for the feedback!
Old 01-19-2018, 01:46 PM   #11
ultimatetailgater
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 5200
ultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to ultimatetailgater

Great show. Seriously F**K Eric Hyman. That guy and his wife were both assholes. Garcia was far from perfect but they had it out for the kid.

ultimatetailgater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 03:32 PM   #12
Y Formation
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 11840
Y Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatetailgater View Post
Great show. Seriously F**K Eric Hyman. That guy and his wife were both assholes. Garcia was far from perfect but they had it out for the kid.
Yes they did and I hated Eric Hyman for it and was thrilled when he left. He should have backed off Garcia's senior year and let him finish what he started.

Even Spurrier hinted at this.
Y Formation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 05:28 PM   #13
TKE226
Damn Yankee

Male

CockyCash: 1593234
TKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot material

Is there something up with your page when one tries to open another tab in the browser?

I use Chrome and was listening to this, decided to open Youtube for something else, and the podcast stopped and webpage failed to load.

Edit actually, just happens every few minutes even if not doing anything else on computer...trying to listen on the computer...very aggravating, have to stop listening because it happens too frequently.

you may want to look and see about your site. Even tried to listen in a new tab and got 2 minutes worth before cutting out

Last edited by TKE226; 01-22-2018 at 05:40 PM..
TKE226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 07:46 PM   #14
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

CockyCash: 1000062190122800
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKE226 View Post
Is there something up with your page when one tries to open another tab in the browser?

I use Chrome and was listening to this, decided to open Youtube for something else, and the podcast stopped and webpage failed to load.

Edit actually, just happens every few minutes even if not doing anything else on computer...trying to listen on the computer...very aggravating, have to stop listening because it happens too frequently.

you may want to look and see about your site. Even tried to listen in a new tab and got 2 minutes worth before cutting out
Yeh mine would play about 30 seconds and just randomly stop and fail each and every time. Was disappointed because I really wanted to hear it.

Vendable Bow Youtube

Vendable Bow Twitter
Gamecocks1137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 08:03 PM   #15
Order 66
Ed O'Bannon must pay

Male

CockyCash: 10950385
Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y Formation View Post
Yes they did and I hated Eric Hyman for it and was thrilled when he left. He should have backed off Garcia's senior year and let him finish what he started.

Even Spurrier hinted at this.
Then he goes to Tejas AM and gives Johnny 8-ball free reign.
Order 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 09:20 PM   #16
smoovecock
Super Moderator

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Homecoming King 
CockyCash: 939908
smoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot material

If not for Eric Hyman, we dont have the facilities we have now and we would not be building a football ops building. That said, yeah he was an ass. Hyman knew how to push the money button with our big money alumni and got the job done. You have to give him credit that he raised the funds to do things we are doing and building now.
Old 01-22-2018, 11:49 PM   #17
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

CockyCash: 1000062190122800
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoovecock View Post
If not for Eric Hyman, we dont have the facilities we have now and we would not be building a football ops building. That said, yeah he was an ass. Hyman knew how to push the money button with our big money alumni and got the job done. You have to give him credit that he raised the funds to do things we are doing and building now.
I disagree, what is happening now is all on Tanner and Champ.

Vendable Bow Youtube

Vendable Bow Twitter
Gamecocks1137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 01:52 PM   #18
Karaoke_Jesus
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 625
Karaoke_Jesus is USC mascot materialKaraoke_Jesus is USC mascot materialKaraoke_Jesus is USC mascot materialKaraoke_Jesus is USC mascot materialKaraoke_Jesus is USC mascot materialKaraoke_Jesus is USC mascot materialKaraoke_Jesus is USC mascot materialKaraoke_Jesus is USC mascot materialKaraoke_Jesus is USC mascot materialKaraoke_Jesus is USC mascot materialKaraoke_Jesus is USC mascot material

He didn't address my question :(
Karaoke_Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 02:02 PM   #19
SCohioBoy
Buckle up, BOOM Comin'

Male

CockyCash: 16238
SCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks1137 View Post
I disagree, what is happening now is all on Tanner and Champ.
Hyman got the ball rolling, created the master plan.

One thing for people to remember is we only have ever heard Garcia's side of the story, right or wrong, only a few people really know.
Old 01-23-2018, 02:15 PM   #20
Y Formation
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 11840
Y Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Order 66 View Post
Then he goes to Tejas AM and gives Johnny 8-ball free reign.
Yep and then he was pushed out a couple years later.

I believe there was something personal going on between Garcia and the Hyman's.. Maybe Steven ran his mouth around them? Maybe Mrs Hyman made a pass at him and he laughed at her? Could be a million reasons.

I will say this, on Gameday's when Garcia was the starting QB, I got goosebumps everytime before the game. I knew he was going to play his hardest. We had never had a QB quite like him in the past and I remember Jeff Grantz days.
Y Formation is offline   Reply With Quote