CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Blitzkrieg
kick_ball
Spur's Addiction
gamecockphan
Three and Out
rt3891
Captain9Dragons
carolina_corpsman
GregoryHouse
SanAntonioCock
The Open (454)
Great College Footba (293)
Duck Boats are Death (112)
why no mention of Garcia
2019 - Kamren McCray
The Open
2019 Commitment - Ryan Hi
SEC Media Days
We Can Beat Them
Javon Charleston
2019 - Jammie Robinson
Homemade Hot Sauce
2019 Commitment - Jahkeem

Old 07-10-2018, 11:31 AM   #1
CarolinaCJAM
Class of 2017

Male

CockyCash: 400
CarolinaCJAM is crowing loudlyCarolinaCJAM is crowing loudlyCarolinaCJAM is crowing loudlyCarolinaCJAM is crowing loudlyCarolinaCJAM is crowing loudlyCarolinaCJAM is crowing loudlyCarolinaCJAM is crowing loudlyCarolinaCJAM is crowing loudlyCarolinaCJAM is crowing loudlyCarolinaCJAM is crowing loudlyCarolinaCJAM is crowing loudly
Default Gamecock Football Seats for Soldiers

Gamecock Football Seats for Soldiers

Here at the University of South Carolina, to thank the men and women of the military, our Seats for Soldiers donation program allows members of the military to attend a Gamecock football game.

You can help bring out active duty military and their families to enjoy a Saturday at Williams-Brice Stadium. For every $25 donation one ticket will be provided to a deserving soldier.

Help us reach our goal of 1,000 donated tickets. This donation is 100% tax deductible.

Donate Here

Thank you in advance for your donation and Go Gamecocks! September 1st is right around the corner.
Old 07-10-2018, 07:27 PM   #2
garnetmike
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 20200
garnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot material
Default Re: Gamecock Football Seats for Soldiers

Iíve lurked but not logged in for months for personal reasons however this post brought me out of the silence. While this isnít a bad idea itís useless. Why not setup a program for gamecock ticket holders to simply login when they canít make a game that opens their seats up for soldiers, boys and girls clubs etc to put butts in the seats. There are alway many more than 1000 empty seats at willy b.

Just my two cents. Donate the seats. Weíre wasting opportunities by not giving those away to people who would love them.

Going back into my cone of silence.
garnetmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 08:16 PM   #3
scz71864
5 Star Frat

Male

CockyCash: 5300
scz71864 is USC mascot materialscz71864 is USC mascot materialscz71864 is USC mascot materialscz71864 is USC mascot materialscz71864 is USC mascot materialscz71864 is USC mascot materialscz71864 is USC mascot materialscz71864 is USC mascot materialscz71864 is USC mascot materialscz71864 is USC mascot materialscz71864 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnetmike View Post
Iíve lurked but not logged in for months for personal reasons however this post brought me out of the silence. While this isnít a bad idea itís useless. Why not setup a program for gamecock ticket holders to simply login when they canít make a game that opens their seats up for soldiers, boys and girls clubs etc to put butts in the seats. There are alway many more than 1000 empty seats at willy b.

Just my two cents. Donate the seats. Weíre wasting opportunities by not giving those away to people who would love them.

Agree 1000%. There have been several games over the years where I wasnít able to come. One year (may have been last) I called the school to see if I could donate to law enforcement or military.

scz71864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 01:30 PM   #4
roosterdave
SpursUP

Male

CockyCash: 5200
roosterdave rules the CockPitroosterdave rules the CockPitroosterdave rules the CockPitroosterdave rules the CockPitroosterdave rules the CockPitroosterdave rules the CockPitroosterdave rules the CockPitroosterdave rules the CockPitroosterdave rules the CockPitroosterdave rules the CockPitroosterdave rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnetmike View Post

Fantastic idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scz71864 View Post
Agree 1000%. There have been several games over the years where I wasnít able to come. One year (may have been last) I called the school to see if I could donate to law enforcement or military.

I'm going to sound like a total douche. I think its your (and anyone who feels the same) responsibility to make that happen, not the school. Get out and meet some neighbors, make some connections in the local community and find out who these people are, then walk right up to them and hand them the tickets yourself.

-GeoCocky66
roosterdave is offline   Reply With Quote