CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
rt3891
Order 66
SheckWes
Captain9Dragons
crowcutta
Gilmore214
kacrosinsc
dreammachine
Cockhornleghorn
GregoryHouse
Muschamp wants fans (2018)
ESPN Hater's Guide t (1022)
Defense vs Clemson (763)
Shi Smith's TD vs Ch (491)
Coincidences That Le (286)
Tell us a sentence y (254)
Gamecock weekly pres (204)
NCAAF: NOTRE DAME @ (94)
Christmas gifts (84)
NCAAF: SOUTH CAROLIN (73)
2019 WBB - Breanna Beal -
Thanksgiving Dinner - Wha
Muschamp wants fans to be
Out of the top 10
Week 12: Around College F
The 2018 Gamecocks are av
Predictions: South Caroli
Gamecock Media: Gamecock
2019 WBB - Zia Cooke - Po
vBookie Request: Post Req

Old 07-05-2018, 08:36 AM   #1
Gamerooster
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 3500
Gamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot material
Default Athletic finances for 2016-17

The latest report of athletic revenue and spending is out. USC is 16 in revenue.

http://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/fina...b5a66-37167889
Old 07-05-2018, 10:21 AM   #2
BringBackGarcia
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1000
BringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot material
Default Re: Athletic finances for 2016-17

Sucks to be in the SEC. 16th nationally and middle of the road in your conference. I would like to see a correction for these places that remove package deals/conference money.

And what is TAMU planning for? 66 million in revenue over expenses? Maybe they'll buy us a plane.

Also, does this put an end to the nonsense about Clemson outspending USC?
BringBackGarcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 10:46 AM   #3
gamecock88
All Everything

Male

CockyCash: 1825498
gamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringBackGarcia View Post
Sucks to be in the SEC. 16th nationally and middle of the road in your conference. I would like to see a correction for these places that remove package deals/conference money.

And what is TAMU planning for? 66 million in revenue over expenses? Maybe they'll buy us a plane.

Overall athletics which I think we have more programs and athletes than they do. I'm pretty sure I read a few years ago that they were outspending us in Football recruiting.
gamecock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 11:04 AM   #4
Order 66
Ed O'Bannon must pay

Male

CockyCash: 10950385
Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

Quote:

No, they spend their money on the recruiting trail.
Order 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 11:32 AM   #5
seamus
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 2975000
seamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot material

Would the clemsux spending include the donations to Wellspring?????? lol
seamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 11:45 AM   #6
BringBackGarcia
Two Deep

Male

BringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot material

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ever/83284308/

I think both Clemson and USC spend a ton of cash--which isn't a bad thing. I also think when you look at this as a state by state breakdown, South Carolina is in 5th place (I think) which is impressive.

Clemson and USC have chosen slightly different ways to go about the investment. Something that shouldn't be overlooked is that 5% of the budget in the attached article was subsidized from the university. Clemson gave it's athletic department 4 million dollars at the expense of non-athletes. And that's not a model that sustainable, thus the 'alternative' revenue streams i.e. fans paying more on gameday or hoping for more bigtime private donations.

All I'm saying is that when we're getting into pissing contest about money being spent, keep in mind that there are limited resources. Clemson may spend more on going back and forth recruiting kids, but what is that at the expense of? And would USC students be willing to pay 300$ per ticket for lower bowl season tickets if that budget increased? Would season ticket holders be willing to pay even more?
Old 07-05-2018, 11:59 AM   #7
pick6
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 1000500
pick6 is crowing loudlypick6 is crowing loudlypick6 is crowing loudlypick6 is crowing loudlypick6 is crowing loudlypick6 is crowing loudlypick6 is crowing loudlypick6 is crowing loudlypick6 is crowing loudlypick6 is crowing loudlypick6 is crowing loudly

At what point do the schools run the risk of pricing themselves out of the marketplace! Fan loyalty is a fickle thing-especially with early season losses people may find other things to do!
pick6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 01:52 PM   #8
gamecockfan
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 6306427
gamecockfan is USC mascot materialgamecockfan is USC mascot materialgamecockfan is USC mascot materialgamecockfan is USC mascot materialgamecockfan is USC mascot materialgamecockfan is USC mascot materialgamecockfan is USC mascot materialgamecockfan is USC mascot materialgamecockfan is USC mascot materialgamecockfan is USC mascot materialgamecockfan is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gamecockfan

College football only comes once a year and we only get 7 saturdays out of 52 to experience them. I'm in the party of win or lose we still booze. I am there for the family and friends, the tailgating, the grilling, the partying. Winning is just icing on the cake.
Old 07-05-2018, 02:45 PM   #9
BringBackGarcia
Two Deep

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecockfan View Post
College football only comes once a year and we only get 7 saturdays out of 52 to experience them. I'm in the party of win or lose we still booze. I am there for the family and friends, the tailgating, the grilling, the partying. Winning is just icing on the cake.

I'm in the same boat, but when I look at the final cost, it makes me take pause. For the price of attending those seven games and parking and food and booze, I can take my entire family on a weeklong vacation anywhere within driving distance and have an extravagant house to stay in. If I spent the couple grand differently, I could make payments on a vacation rental property. In fact, I could afford to fly my entire family to Europe. I justify it now because of the 'making memories' thing and my family enjoys it, but when I look at my budget, it makes me wonder.

I really feel like the expense to the individual is about maxed out. You will always have the top percent that can afford luxury boxes and triple diamond platinum spur donation level, but with the income gap getting wider, it's the middle tier that you need to maximize, which is getting smaller. I always thought Clemson had something in IPTAY in that it gave even the people who didn't have savings or 401k's a way to contribute to the program in a meaningful way. You go in at the base level of donation here, you get a sticker I think, but not with the same sense that Clemson generated years ago with that program.

I think Clemson is on to something looking at alternative schemes, and now with USC banging out marketing campaigns better than Fortune 500 companies, we should be able to take that interest and turn it into dollars. Somehow. I'm assuming there are smarter people than me out there figuring that out.
Old 07-05-2018, 05:33 PM   #10
sc455
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 0
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

There is one school who should be reasonably high on the list that isn't on there anywhere...its baffling..

See If anyone can guess it .

Last edited by sc455; 07-05-2018 at 06:34 PM..
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 06:54 PM   #11
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Notre Shame
Old 07-05-2018, 07:16 PM   #12
GregoryHouse
Pompous Ass Hillbilly

Male

CockyCash: 3505405
GregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc455 View Post
There is one school who should be reasonably high on the list that isn't on there anywhere...its baffling..

University of Southern California?
Old 07-05-2018, 07:28 PM   #13
Senior Rooster
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 70000000
Senior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot material

Strange, Wonder why Southern Cal was skipped?
Old 07-05-2018, 07:35 PM   #14
Cockhornleghorn
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1234631605329
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecockfan View Post
I'm the opposite; I'm there for the game. Tailgating is ok, but if I'm going to party, there are better places than a parking lot.
Old 07-05-2018, 07:36 PM   #15
Cockhornleghorn
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1234631605329
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc455 View Post

Private school - they don't have to report. Same with Southern Cal.
Old 07-05-2018, 07:41 PM   #16
superfly
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
superfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot material

Quote:

If we were not in the SEC we would be below every team in the SEC...
superfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 09:17 PM   #17
sc455
Heisman Candidate

Male

sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockhornleghorn View Post
Private school - they don't have to report. Same with Southern Cal.
Not it...and your talking vandy..next.
Old 07-05-2018, 09:18 PM   #18
sc455
Heisman Candidate

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senior Rooster View Post
Strange, Wonder why Southern Cal was skipped?
Got it..
Old 07-05-2018, 09:19 PM   #19
sc455
Heisman Candidate

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregoryHouse View Post
University of Southern California?
Yup
Old 07-07-2018, 08:20 AM   #20
Three and Out
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 20500
Three and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by pick6 View Post
At what point do the schools run the risk of pricing themselves out of the marketplace! Fan loyalty is a fickle thing-especially with early season losses people may find other things to do!
There wonít be early season losses, except maybe Georgia, and that will be a 4th quarter game.

We havenít come close pricing ourselves out of the market. People donít mind paying to see a winning program.
Three and Out is offline   Reply With Quote