CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
GregoryHouse
Spurticus
Spur's Addiction
CockRoche
TaySC
RGHoskins
Ace Dilcock
AtlGAMECOCK
gAmkok
Three and Out
Is It Just Me..... (1286)
Ruin a TV Show by Ad (1142)
Why we should apprec (926)
What happened to UNC (809)
Watching Orange Luth (216)
Week 4: Around Colle (211)
**USC (1-1) vs. Vand (158)
UCF (122)
MBB off-season overs (91)
2020 Commitment - Mecose
Why we should appreciate
**USC (1-1) vs. Vanderbil
Gamecock Tipoff - October
Watching Orange Lutheran
***Women's Soccer 2018 Se
Is It Just Me.....
Willy B upgrades to cost
High school football has
Week 4: Around College Fo

Old 07-11-2018, 03:24 PM   #1
uscGRAD04
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 5833
uscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot material
Default SEC Media Days

Will Muschamp is taking Jake Bentley, Deebo Samuel and DJ Wonnum.
Old 07-11-2018, 03:25 PM   #2
uscGRAD04
Household Name

Male

uscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot material
Default Re: SEC Media Days

Kinda hoping Javon Kinlaw would be asked to go. He gave some pretty funny interviews last year.

(Edit: Probably why CWM left him home, now that I think about it. lol)
Old 07-11-2018, 04:15 PM   #3
BlueHerons
Blue Chip

Female

CockyCash: 200
BlueHerons rules the CockPitBlueHerons rules the CockPitBlueHerons rules the CockPitBlueHerons rules the CockPitBlueHerons rules the CockPitBlueHerons rules the CockPitBlueHerons rules the CockPitBlueHerons rules the CockPitBlueHerons rules the CockPitBlueHerons rules the CockPitBlueHerons rules the CockPit

I miss Spurrier's wit at the SEC media days.

"“It's easier to win the national championship than the SEC. Ask Nick Saban." Spurrier
BlueHerons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 04:22 PM   #4
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101850400
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueHerons View Post
I miss Spurrier's wit at the SEC media days.

"ďIt's easier to win the national championship than the SEC. Ask Nick Saban." Spurrier
Donít you miss the Florida boards as well?

Muschamp has some good quips in his own right.
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 04:37 PM   #5
BlueHerons
Blue Chip

Female

BlueHerons rules the CockPitBlueHerons rules the CockPitBlueHerons rules the CockPitBlueHerons rules the CockPitBlueHerons rules the CockPitBlueHerons rules the CockPitBlueHerons rules the CockPitBlueHerons rules the CockPitBlueHerons rules the CockPitBlueHerons rules the CockPitBlueHerons rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockypantherfan View Post
Donít you miss the Florida boards as well?

Muschamp has some good quips in his own right.
Why would I miss the Florida boards?

This makes no sense to me.
Old 07-11-2018, 06:28 PM   #6
highpockets12
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 264
highpockets12 has earned his spurshighpockets12 has earned his spurshighpockets12 has earned his spurshighpockets12 has earned his spurshighpockets12 has earned his spurshighpockets12 has earned his spurs

Media days moved to Atlanta . Muschamp will be on thursday
highpockets12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 09:56 PM   #7
cockymac
I was the white shadow.

Male

CockyCash: 6200
cockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot material

I'll be there to visit the CFB HOF and maybe get a pic or two with the players.
cockymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 10:29 PM   #8
sc455
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 261165
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

I thought it might be Brunson instead of wonnum..
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 10:52 PM   #9
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101850400
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueHerons View Post
Why would I miss the Florida boards?

This makes no sense to me.
#undercovergator
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 02:51 AM   #10
SC Gamecock
Record: 1-1 (0-1)

Male

CockyCash: 300
SC Gamecock rules the CockPitSC Gamecock rules the CockPitSC Gamecock rules the CockPitSC Gamecock rules the CockPitSC Gamecock rules the CockPitSC Gamecock rules the CockPitSC Gamecock rules the CockPitSC Gamecock rules the CockPitSC Gamecock rules the CockPitSC Gamecock rules the CockPitSC Gamecock rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc455 View Post
I thought it might be Brunson instead of wonnum..
True. Or an upper classmen like Bryson Allen Williams.. maybe he’s been in the past though I can’t remember.
SC Gamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 08:38 AM   #11
uscgmck
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 100500
uscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot material

Complete list.

http://www.secsports.com/article/240...dees-announced

uscgmck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 09:11 AM   #12
Nureye
White helmets rule

Male

CockyCash: 6465
Nureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot material

Muschamp is the last one up correct?
Old 07-12-2018, 09:17 AM   #13
carolina_corpsman
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 10500
carolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscGRAD04 View Post
Kinda hoping Javon Kinlaw would be asked to go. He gave some pretty funny interviews last year.

(Edit: Probably why CWM left him home, now that I think about it. lol)
Yeah, I forget who it was with but he did one interview after a game that had me absolutly rolling.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
carolina_corpsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 09:20 AM   #14
GeoCocky66
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 20888
GeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_corpsman View Post
Yeah, I forget who it was with but he did one interview after a game that had me absolutly rolling.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Could have been Stallworth - he was a riot.
GeoCocky66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 09:50 AM   #15
uscGRAD04
Household Name

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscgmck View Post

I'm interested to see what the story lines for each team or the conference as a whole are going into next week. The QB battles for half the teams in the conference will probably be one topic brought up a good bit.

Just looking at the list of attendees. First off, we are fortunate to have our QB situation settled going into the Summer. The fact that he is representing our team for the second Media Days in a row says a lot about Jake Bentley.

But just going down that list, there will be some sort of a QB battle this Summer at the following SEC schools:

Alabama (that's gonna be the biggest story, Hurts or Tua...but they will be favored to win it all regardless)
Arkansas (?)
Florida (Felipe Franks, Kyle Trask or early enrollee Emory Jones)
Tennessee (incumbent Jarrett Guarantano or grad transfer from Stanford Kellery Chryst)
Kentucky (not sure who the candidates are but have to replace Stephen Johnson)
Tex A&M (Kellen Mond or Nick Starkel)
LSU (?)
Old 07-18-2018, 04:03 PM   #16
uscGRAD04
Household Name

Male

Paul Finebaum's take on the Gamecocks @ Media Days:

Quote:
Spurs & Feathers: What do you think of South Carolina and the Gamecocks’ prospects for this season?

Finebaum: I think they’re great. I think Will Muschamp has done a phenomenal job. I know what Vegas says and what the schedule says, but I feel like they can maybe get to nine wins, or maybe more.

S&F: What’s your take on the Gamecocks’ Week 2 matchup against Georgia? How pivotal is it?

Finebaum: I think it’s pivotal just in kind of establishing themselves. Right now, I don’t expect them to win. I do expect them to play hard and for that game to go late. If [South Carolina] can keep the game [close] in the fourth quarter, the Gamecocks will have a chance.

S&F: Where do you think Deebo Samuel ranks among the nation’s best playmakers?

Finebaum: He could be one of the best, I mean, there’s no doubt. I think people kind of forget about him. If he ended up as one of the two, three, four best players in the country this year, why would anybody be surprised?

S&F: What’s your take on Jake Bentley?

Finebaum: I think Jake is catching a lot of heat for the way last year finished, [but] I think he could be one of the best quarterbacks in the SEC easily.
https://www.spursandfeathers.com/spo...ia_Week_2_ESPN
Old 07-18-2018, 04:38 PM   #17
uscGRAD04
Household Name

Male

Not SEC but still funny.

Mark Richt on Clemson's DL "I thought they had all turned pro...I guess they like the slide"
Old 07-18-2018, 08:47 PM   #18
BlueHerons
Blue Chip

Female

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockypantherfan View Post
#undercovergator
That's just a stupid thing to assume.

No, I'm a fourth generation Gamecock and proud alumni.
Old 07-18-2018, 09:00 PM   #19
rt3891
ISLAND COCK

Male

CockyCash: 3000
rt3891 is crowing loudlyrt3891 is crowing loudlyrt3891 is crowing loudlyrt3891 is crowing loudlyrt3891 is crowing loudlyrt3891 is crowing loudlyrt3891 is crowing loudlyrt3891 is crowing loudlyrt3891 is crowing loudlyrt3891 is crowing loudlyrt3891 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscGRAD04 View Post
Not SEC but still funny.

Mark Richt on Clemson's DL "I thought they had all turned pro...I guess they like the slide"
Thatís awesome! Nice little cheap shot from MR.
rt3891 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 11:55 AM   #20
uscGRAD04
Household Name

Male