CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ucan'tlickourcocks
NAGamecockFan
kingofnerf
BigRedCock
El Cid Ranger
taylorssc
cockybreeyan
ReadR00ster
Goofyboy
rrsandersjr
Freshman ND WR " (760)
Call of Duty: Advanc (502)
Good Riddance to bad (425)
Keeping tailgate foo (303)
NCAAF: SOUTH CAROLIN (268)
An A to Z of Noah We (188)
The Comeback & T (177)
Bashing Players, coa (139)
NCAAF: MISSISSIPPI S (86)
NCAAF: SOUTHERN CAL (74)
Instrumental Music (Pre g
Bashing Players, coaches,
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Texas athletic director:
Why I think we beat Aubur
Wallpaper & Backgroun
Ranking Top HC jobs in SE
SEC Debate: Best candidat
2015 Commitment - Sherrod
Rank the QBs under Spurri

Old 07-30-2009, 12:10 PM   #1
carolina80
Chaplain of CockyTalk

Male

CockyCash: 200
carolina80 is USC mascot materialcarolina80 is USC mascot materialcarolina80 is USC mascot materialcarolina80 is USC mascot materialcarolina80 is USC mascot materialcarolina80 is USC mascot materialcarolina80 is USC mascot materialcarolina80 is USC mascot materialcarolina80 is USC mascot materialcarolina80 is USC mascot materialcarolina80 is USC mascot material
Default Reverend Ike Dies

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/spa...&pid=130613017

2 things I remember about this charlatan:

the first was an interview in which he was asked what his ministry was doing to help the poor in America.......his reply was "The best thing you can do to help the poor is not to be one!"

the other happened in the late 70s. I was a prison chaplain and one of the inmates had received a mailing from Rev. Ike offering an authentic anointed prayer cloth, prayed over by Ike himself and you and he could then "agree together" over some prayer matter. This authentic anointed prayer cloth was available for a "donation" of $50 or more. This fellow responded that he was in prison and did not have $50 to send right now, but that he would really like to have a prayer cloth........His reply was a one sentence letter on the ministry stationery. It said, and I read it with my own two eyes: "Nothing from nothing leaves nothing."

I also did not know that he was born in SC......
Old 07-30-2009, 12:29 PM   #2
Cocklover
Take Chances

Female

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Non Football Poster 
CockyCash: 1103858
Cocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cocklover
Default Re: Reverend Ike Dies

wow...sad to hear
Old 07-30-2009, 12:37 PM   #3
carolina80
Chaplain of CockyTalk

Male

carolina80 is USC mascot materialcarolina80 is USC mascot materialcarolina80 is USC mascot materialcarolina80 is USC mascot materialcarolina80 is USC mascot materialcarolina80 is USC mascot materialcarolina80 is USC mascot materialcarolina80 is USC mascot materialcarolina80 is USC mascot materialcarolina80 is USC mascot materialcarolina80 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocklover View Post
wow...sad to hear

For who?

JK.....that was bad!
Old 07-30-2009, 12:43 PM   #4
Cocklover
Take Chances

Female

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Non Football Poster 
Cocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot material

haha that was bad preacher
Old 07-30-2009, 12:51 PM   #5
carolina80
Chaplain of CockyTalk

Male

I know God's grace is vast and covers a multitude of sins, but really.....It's gonna take a generous extra portion to help out some guys like this....Reverend Ike, Ernest Angley, Jim Bakker, et al.........OK I'm getting down off my soapbox before I say too much!
Old 07-30-2009, 01:22 PM   #6
c-girl
51 and proud of it!

Female

CockyCash: 79300000
c-girl is USC mascot materialc-girl is USC mascot materialc-girl is USC mascot materialc-girl is USC mascot materialc-girl is USC mascot materialc-girl is USC mascot materialc-girl is USC mascot materialc-girl is USC mascot materialc-girl is USC mascot materialc-girl is USC mascot materialc-girl is USC mascot material

I agree with you.
c-girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 01:24 PM   #7
CarolinaGirl82
Short and Sassy

Female

CockyCash: 593
CarolinaGirl82 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGirl82 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGirl82 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGirl82 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGirl82 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGirl82 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGirl82 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGirl82 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGirl82 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGirl82 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGirl82 is USC mascot material

the dude sounds like a total jacka$$

nonetheless, may he rest in peace....

CarolinaGirl82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 01:27 PM   #8
Cocklover
Take Chances

Female

hahaha yeah he does sound like a total idiot...but yeah rest in peace
Old 07-30-2009, 01:59 PM   #9
TheMule
Br Ba

Male

CockyCash: 1000200
TheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to TheMule

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina80 View Post
I know God's grace is vast and covers a multitude of sins, but really.....It's gonna take a generous extra portion to help out some guys like this....Reverend Ike, Ernest Angley, Jim Bakker, et al.........OK I'm getting down off my soapbox before I say too much!
I'm not a preacher so I'm gonna hold myself to a lower standard.
With "reverends" like Ike, Ernest, Tilton, etc, etc Satan doesn't have to work half as hard. I'm not their judge but I feel that people in the ministry strictly for money and their own glory will have a little extra in store for them.
I used to listen to the "Original Georgia Prophet" the Rev Roosevelt Franklin from Macon. He was all about the money..."get your pie in the sky by and by befo you die." But occasionally he would come up with a gem. He was using the spine as an analogy. "What is the spine? It's a bunch of bones with your brain at one end and your rear end at the other. It's up to you which one you use; heads you win and tails you lose." At the end of every broadcast he would say something in Spanish (probably had dinero in it) and say that was for all of his Spanish friends out there.

In closing let me say, el sendo el dinero to el Muleo. Gracias!

Lawd hammercy. I would have thought The Prophet was either dead or run out on a rail by now but here's his web site: http://www.revrooseveltfranklin.org/index.html

gt
Here's to you, Feisty and Spurd&Fthrd.
TheMule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 03:35 PM   #10
CockyandProud
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 2450
CockyandProud is USC mascot materialCockyandProud is USC mascot materialCockyandProud is USC mascot materialCockyandProud is USC mascot materialCockyandProud is USC mascot materialCockyandProud is USC mascot materialCockyandProud is USC mascot materialCockyandProud is USC mascot materialCockyandProud is USC mascot materialCockyandProud is USC mascot materialCockyandProud is USC mascot material

I'll bet I know where he is now. Hint - I bet he ain't walking on streets of gold.
CockyandProud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 06:14 PM   #11
MEGA
GO SPURRIER AND COMPANY

Female

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best USC Fan 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best USC Fan 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Nascar Challenge: Nascar Challenge Winner - Given for: 2nd place 2007 Nascar Challenge 
CockyCash: 50451139
MEGA is USC mascot materialMEGA is USC mascot materialMEGA is USC mascot materialMEGA is USC mascot materialMEGA is USC mascot materialMEGA is USC mascot materialMEGA is USC mascot materialMEGA is USC mascot materialMEGA is USC mascot materialMEGA is USC mascot materialMEGA is USC mascot material

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMule View Post
I'm not a preacher so I'm gonna hold myself to a lower standard.
With "reverends" like Ike, Ernest, Tilton, etc, etc Satan doesn't have to work half as hard. I'm not their judge but I feel that people in the ministry strictly for money and their own glory will have a little extra in store for them.
I used to listen to the "Original Georgia Prophet" the Rev Roosevelt Franklin from Macon. He was all about the money..."get your pie in the sky by and by befo you die." But occasionally he would come up with a gem. He was using the spine as an analogy. "What is the spine? It's a bunch of bones with your brain at one end and your rear end at the other. It's up to you which one you use; heads you win and tails you lose." At the end of every broadcast he would say something in Spanish (probably had dinero in it) and say that was for all of his Spanish friends out there.

In closing let me say, el sendo el dinero to el Muleo. Gracias!

Lawd hammercy. I would have thought The Prophet was either dead or run out on a rail by now but here's his web site: http://www.revrooseveltfranklin.org/index.html
I know I can't judge either but I think there is a special place in hell for users like these !!
Old 07-30-2009, 06:50 PM   #12
JBC1222
The Cocky Rebel

Male

CockyCash: 325
JBC1222 rules the CockPitJBC1222 rules the CockPitJBC1222 rules the CockPitJBC1222 rules the CockPitJBC1222 rules the CockPitJBC1222 rules the CockPitJBC1222 rules the CockPitJBC1222 rules the CockPitJBC1222 rules the CockPitJBC1222 rules the CockPitJBC1222 rules the CockPit

Quote:

Dont forget Bennie Hinn. My roommate my freshman year used to watch that guy. I didnt know my roommate and didnt want to tell him what he should believe but one day I lost it and asked him why he watched his stupid con artist on tv. I told him about how guys like this had been caught in the past doing all kinds of things and showed him Hinn's house on the internet and all his cars. The stupid kid told me he wanted to believe and kept send him money. Im not one to care what people believe in but these people are obvious con artists and I do think there is a special place in hell for them.
Old 07-31-2009, 12:41 AM   #13
USC80
The Champ

Male

CockyCash: 20000000
USC80 is USC mascot materialUSC80 is USC mascot materialUSC80 is USC mascot materialUSC80 is USC mascot materialUSC80 is USC mascot materialUSC80 is USC mascot materialUSC80 is USC mascot materialUSC80 is USC mascot materialUSC80 is USC mascot materialUSC80 is USC mascot materialUSC80 is USC mascot material

-