CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > High School Sports

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
JulesWinnfield90
black_magic85
rolinb1
BiscoCocky
BlueHerons
Gamecocks1137
trapper82
StormOfTalons
Aggie96
nodnahs
TAMU Starting CB Out (1837)
Clemson RB Out for Y (1559)
an apology (1221)
Clowney possibly hur (1111)
Your SEC Standings P (983)
Our players and the (961)
2013 game vs TN is o (925)
They are coming to y (885)
Favorite Gamecock of (630)
Spurrier: Davis May (594)
Connor Shaw Browns
an apology
Spurrier: Davis May Not B
2015 Commitment - Zack Ba
TAMU Starting CB Out For
Your SEC Standings Predic
How are we feeling about
First "Carolina Call
Clemson RB Out for Year
texags

Old 01-20-2010, 06:01 PM   #1
Stany19
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
Stany19 has hatched from the shell
Default Easley High School

Currently a Senior here now, and the football program has been horid my four years. My freshman year, we made the playoffs with a team stacked with good athletes but ever since has been a complete mess. My Sophmore to Senior year we have won like 4 games and finally got the nerve to fire the coach. Though it was probably tough convincing any man to coach here, we still failed IMO in a coaching hire. Hiring a man who has almost zero full-time coaching experience to take over a team like this. Anyone from Easley or in the know care to comment on the hire and what you think? I have been told that Easley used to be a real dominate HS and it would be great to finally move forward from this awful mess.
Stany19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 06:08 PM   #2
uscfreek88
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 243600
uscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Easley High School

i feel ya man, i graduated in '06, we didnt win a game till the first game of my junior year vs. pickens in OT, i think our loosing streak was up to 32 possibly(state record at the time i think too).....but yea our football team sucked......when i left we seemed to be turning into a basketball school but im not sure if that continued

it really sucks b/c we have always had really dedicated fans but could never put together much on the field
Old 01-20-2010, 06:22 PM   #3
scnative1
Heisman Candidate

Female

CockyCash: 32535700
scnative1 is USC mascot materialscnative1 is USC mascot materialscnative1 is USC mascot materialscnative1 is USC mascot materialscnative1 is USC mascot materialscnative1 is USC mascot materialscnative1 is USC mascot materialscnative1 is USC mascot materialscnative1 is USC mascot materialscnative1 is USC mascot materialscnative1 is USC mascot material

Who is the new coach?
scnative1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 06:24 PM   #4
GamecockSmitty4
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 11799998
GamecockSmitty4 is USC mascot materialGamecockSmitty4 is USC mascot materialGamecockSmitty4 is USC mascot materialGamecockSmitty4 is USC mascot materialGamecockSmitty4 is USC mascot materialGamecockSmitty4 is USC mascot materialGamecockSmitty4 is USC mascot materialGamecockSmitty4 is USC mascot materialGamecockSmitty4 is USC mascot materialGamecockSmitty4 is USC mascot materialGamecockSmitty4 is USC mascot material

I'm a junior at Wren and saw first hand Easley vs Wren (both games) and Easley vs Mauldin. And the biggest thing, Easley just doesn't have the talent. No coach could make those guys be a legit competitor in the upstate. Easley lacks speed and height all around. Now I don't remember his name, number, or anything, but I do remember that Easley had one good RB that was extremely hard for some guys to bring down. That was the only real threat they had. Now Wren has some talent (but still not much compared to a lot of other teams in the upstate) but they also have a coach with a basic, yet exotic offensive system- the spread. Easley needs a coach with an offensive system like this and also needs some talent, and a good coach for defense. If I were coaching, I would run a power I type offense (assuming this RB wasn't a fluke and he will still be there next year) or even a triple or even basic option style offense. And they need to execute.
GamecockSmitty4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 06:24 PM   #5
Stany19
Walk On

Male

Yeah man, the basketball is still top-notch. We have 3 or 4 guys playing College Basketball from the 07 team. Chris Talley, Mike Jenkins, Tajh Tate..you might remember them
Old 01-20-2010, 06:27 PM   #6
uscfreek88
Household Name

Male

uscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stany19 View Post
Yeah man, the basketball is still top-notch. We have 3 or 4 guys playing College Basketball from the 07 team. Chris Talley, Mike Jenkins, Tajh Tate..you might remember them
ooo yea Mike Jenkins was a BIG guy....i remember him dunking a few times, if i am remembering who he was correctly
Old 01-20-2010, 07:13 PM   #7
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 195371
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Currently a Senior here now, and the football program has been horid my four years. My freshman year, we made the playoffs with a team stacked with good athletes but ever since has been a complete mess. My Sophmore to Senior year we have won like 4 games and finally got the nerve to fire the coach. Though it was probably tough convincing any man to coach here, we still failed IMO in a coaching hire. Hiring a man who has almost zero full-time coaching experience to take over a team like this. Anyone from Easley or in the know care to comment on the hire and what you think? I have been told that Easley used to be a real dominate HS and it would be great to finally move forward from this awful mess.
That had to be a long long time ago.
USCBASEBALL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 07:44 PM   #8
uscfreek88
Household Name

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBASEBALL1 View Post
That had to be a long long time ago.
we did....and yes it was a long time ago, my mom is from pickens and she remembers when we used to be good, and im pretty sure we have some trophies in our gym next to the canteen

if you have seen Radio there is a part where they are watching film and they are talking about how hard it will be to beat those Easley boys b/c of all the speed we had.......it was a pretty good laugh but we did used to be pretty good
Old 01-20-2010, 07:45 PM   #9
wrencock88
@blackrangerzack

Male

CockyCash: 343
wrencock88 is sharpening his clawswrencock88 is sharpening his clawswrencock88 is sharpening his clawswrencock88 is sharpening his claws

that running back was aaron duncan. he was a quick one... but yes joel cook is a pretty good center. and for the football team, they're small and lazy. i was on the wren team and we watched film and they were ridiculously lazy
Old 01-20-2010, 09:05 PM   #10
Stany19
Walk On

Male

Yeah Mike Jenkins is at Mercer right now. The Basketball team is impressive, like most years. And if it was this year it was not Aaron Duncan. Duncan graduated last year, so it was probably Malcom Arnold just having a good game lol.
Old 01-20-2010, 09:26 PM   #11
scnative1
Heisman Candidate

Female

scnative1 is USC mascot materialscnative1 is USC mascot materialscnative1 is USC mascot materialscnative1 is USC mascot materialscnative1 is USC mascot materialscnative1 is USC mascot materialscnative1 is USC mascot materialscnative1 is USC mascot materialscnative1 is USC mascot materialscnative1 is USC mascot materialscnative1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecockfandrew View Post
Who is the new coach?
Glad that got answered...
Old 01-20-2010, 09:44 PM   #12
scnative1
Heisman Candidate

Female

Who is "we"?
Old 01-20-2010, 09:44 PM   #13
Bob the Builder
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Bob the Builder is developing his combBob the Builder is developing his combBob the Builder is developing his combBob the Builder is developing his combBob the Builder is developing his combBob the Builder is developing his combBob the Builder is developing his combBob the Builder is developing his combBob the Builder is developing his comb

STDasley? Bet you have never heard that one.
Bob the Builder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 10:11 PM   #14
kre25
TIGER

Male

CockyCash: 25089595
kre25 is USC mascot materialkre25 is USC mascot materialkre25 is USC mascot materialkre25 is USC mascot materialkre25 is USC mascot materialkre25 is USC mascot materialkre25 is USC mascot materialkre25 is USC mascot materialkre25 is USC mascot materialkre25 is USC mascot materialkre25 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Did you play on the Football Team at Easley?

kre25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 10:14 PM   #15
uscfreek88
Household Name

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecockfandrew View Post
Who is "we"?
Easley Green Wave....im from easley and i am a senior at carolina about to graduate in may
Old 01-20-2010, 10:15 PM   #16
uscfreek88
Household Name

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob the Builder View Post
STDasley? Bet you have never heard that one.
actually that is the first time i have heard that.....i always used to get SleasleyEasley(or however you spell it)
Old 01-20-2010, 10:19 PM   #17
GamecockSHEP
fatfunnyguy.blogspot.com

Male

CockyCash: 36110
GamecockSHEP is USC mascot materialGamecockSHEP is USC mascot materialGamecockSHEP is USC mascot materialGamecockSHEP is USC mascot materialGamecockSHEP is USC mascot materialGamecockSHEP is USC mascot materialGamecockSHEP is USC mascot materialGamecockSHEP is USC mascot materialGamecockSHEP is USC mascot materialGamecockSHEP is USC mascot materialGamecockSHEP is USC mascot material

Wren hasnt ecatly been a powerhouse here lately either. But they did get a heck of a guy to coach over there now.

I went to Berea and they have stunk it up here lately too. I live in Westminster. Oconee football is stinking out loud too. The talent pool isnt very deep in these areas. Playstation is keeping the kids from really getting out there and getting physical.
GamecockSHEP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 10:21 PM   #18
lauderdalecock
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 480
lauderdalecock is sharpening his clawslauderdalecock is sharpening his clawslauderdalecock is sharpening his clawslauderdalecock is sharpening his claws

Yes Easley was VERY good in the early '70's I was on Wade Hampton's team and a guy by the name of Stanley Morgan ran back our first punt for about 60 yards and a TD. He was a great running back there. He went to Tenn. (things change but not much) and played receiver there as well as with New England.

TL Hanna was always good (don't recall Radio even though I was across the field), Spartanburg High and Greenwood of course. Byrnes was nothing back then, believe it or not.
lauderdalecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 10:28 PM   #19
GamecockSmitty4
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 11799998
GamecockSmitty4 is USC mascot materialGamecockSmitty4 is USC mascot materialGamecockSmitty4 is USC mascot materialGamecockSmitty4 is USC mascot materialGamecockSmitty4 is USC mascot materialGamecockSmitty4 is USC mascot materialGamecockSmitty4 is USC mascot materialGamecockSmitty4 is USC mascot materialGamecockSmitty4 is USC mascot materialGamecockSmitty4 is USC mascot materialGamecockSmitty4 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockSHEP View Post
Wren hasnt ecatly been a powerhouse here lately either. But they did get a heck of a guy to coach over there now.

I went to Berea and they have stunk it up here lately too. I live in Westminster. Oconee football is stinking out loud too. The talent pool isnt very deep in these areas. Playstation is keeping the kids from really getting out there and getting physical.
You're right, but like you said, great coach now. And next year the team will be full of seniors. The QB, one of the RBs (kinda like a Reggie Bush type back), many of the WRs, and other star players will be seniors next year. Watch out for Wren here in the upstate.
GamecockSmitty4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 10:47 PM   #20
uscfreek88
Household Name

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockSmitty4 View Post
You're right, but like you said, great coach now. And next year the team will be full of seniors. The QB, one of the RBs (kinda like a Reggie Bush type back), many of the WRs, and other star players will be seniors next year. Watch out for Wren here in the upstate.
sounds like yall will stomp Easley lol....not that i really care. but when i was at school it seemed like the Easley-Pickens Rivalry took a back seat to the Easley-Wren Rivalry, i remember my senior year(i think) there was a fight between the seniors and prb other grades too but i really only knew seniors.....but yea i think it was b/c we hung out with wren kids more than pickens folk