CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > CockyTalk Get Togethers

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
JerseyBird
yazoo
Acockolypse Now
spareparts
IslandCock
BlueHerons
GA_Ag
COCKYTALKIN
GoldenSpur7
Captain9Dragons
The bane of our seas (1602)
OBC banner being add (1511)
Ward wants us to pla (1207)
WR Depth Chart/Rotat (1023)
Who scores the first (971)
Davis Playing in A&a (849)
Tanner McEvoy Starti (592)
Come and get your Jo (539)
CFB Playoff Bracket (507)
All garnet for Thurs (486)
***2014 Carolina Panthers
2014 Atlanta Braves Seaso
I have not bought into ou
Perry Dozier Jr. (2015 Pr
Tevin Mack SG 6-5, 200 (2
First action of the new s
Howdy! - Tailgating quest
Connor Shaw Browns
Balkman vs. USA
My own Clemson vs Carolin

Old 10-05-2010, 09:47 AM   #1
cockyboston18
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
cockyboston18 has hatched from the shell
Default Gamecocks bar in Charlotte?

I'll be coming down from Boston this weekend to see a Panthers game with a few buddies and we were wondering what's the best place in Charlotte to see a Gamecocks game?
cockyboston18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 10:00 AM   #2
gamecockphan
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 2200
gamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot material
Default Re: Gamecocks bar in Charlotte?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockyboston18 View Post
I'll be coming down from Boston this weekend to see a Panthers game with a few buddies and we were wondering what's the best place in Charlotte to see a Gamecocks game?

Last year the Gamecock Club met at Dilworth Bar and Grill on Morehead but it has now moved somewhere else. Anytime there is a home game it's tough to find USC alums in town.

A few years ago I had an afternoon wedding and could not go to the game in Cola. The club was meeting at Jillian's in the South End area. I went there to watch the home game against Vandy. There were maybe 20 people there.

Taco Mac in the southpark area is suposed to be awesome for games. Tons of tv's, 140 beers on tap, taps at your table.
gamecockphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 10:07 AM   #3
njp48
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 100200
njp48 is USC mascot materialnjp48 is USC mascot materialnjp48 is USC mascot materialnjp48 is USC mascot materialnjp48 is USC mascot materialnjp48 is USC mascot materialnjp48 is USC mascot materialnjp48 is USC mascot materialnjp48 is USC mascot materialnjp48 is USC mascot materialnjp48 is USC mascot material

TAVERN ON PARK
Web www.thetavernonpark.com

1600 EAST WOODLAWN ROAD
CHARLOTTE, NORTH CAROLINA

Phone 704-519-4740

This is where the Charlotte Gamecock Club normally has their viewing party. I did not get an email this week about one but I am pretty sure they do it every game.
njp48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 10:14 AM   #4
gamecockphan
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 2200
gamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by njp48 View Post
TAVERN ON PARK
Web www.thetavernonpark.com

1600 EAST WOODLAWN ROAD
CHARLOTTE, NORTH CAROLINA

Phone 704-519-4740

This is where the Charlotte Gamecock Club normally has their viewing party. I did not get an email this week about one but I am pretty sure they do it every game.
That's a good spot. I knew they had changed their viewing location from last year.

wow, I know a lot of people picutred on that website.

Good find man.
gamecockphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 09:20 PM   #5
Spartan
Blue Chip

Male

Spartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudly

I got the email, and a facebook invite. There will be people there. That's actually a decent place to have it (even though Dilworth was a better location, IMO)

Spartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 10:47 PM   #6
RedRoosterette83
RedRoosterette83

Female

RedRoosterette83 has hatched from the shell

What is the 2011 location. We will be in Charlotte Labor Day wknd, but can't be at the game. Will be at the Friday night events. Need a place to watch the game, but want a lively place with our fans there. Thanks!
RedRoosterette83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 11:04 PM   #7
DanceswithWolves
Recruit

Male

DanceswithWolves has feathers coming inDanceswithWolves has feathers coming inDanceswithWolves has feathers coming in

Hey guys. I am President of our club in Charlotte. We will be watching games at Wild Wing Cafe in the Epicentre this fall. The GM, Chris Gratop, is a diehard Gamecock and season ticket holder. They will have $10 all you can eat wings, first beer is free, and great specials.

We use to watch games at the Dilworth Neighborhood Grille, but they wanted to charge us and we had to compete with other clubs. Then we moved to the Tavern on Park, but they went out of business. Our goal has been to find a place that really appreciates our business since we bring 150+ people for our away game viewing parties. We have looked at many spaces, but this year we don't have to compete with any other schools and are guaranteed to watch the game AND listen to audio. We are able to play the fight song, have Gamecock trivia, etc. It really is a lot of fun.

For information regarding our Charlotte group we are easy to find:

http://charlotte.gamecockclubs.com
www.mycarolina.org/charlotte
Facebook: USC Charlotte Club
Twitter: CLTGamecocks

If you are ever in Charlotte or want to know what is going on feel free to reach out to me anytime at james.w.wolf@morganstanleysmithbarney.com. I work all the time, so its tough to log onto CockyTalk and post much but I do my part when I can.

Don't forget to check out the Gamecock Billboard posted between Exit 9 and 10 on I-77. The Friday night event at the Epicentre will be organized chaos. We want to create a bowl like atmosphere. Show up early!!!