CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Three and Out
taylorssc
Ace Dilcock
Master Bedroom
uscjeremynca
Spurticus
CockyDevil
6pack
Flameout12
thekob
Maybe a reason we've (3141)
Brett Williams (1155)
**USC (14-3) vs. Flo (842)
If anyone has traini (519)
Darian Stewart (183)
Darius English highl (125)
CBB: FLORIDA @ SOUTH (120)
2018 - Jonathan Gips (118)
2019 - Christopher H (110)
India's new warfare (25)
Maybe a reason we've most
2018 - Xavier Thomas
**USC (14-3) vs. Florida
Letter to Tanner
Blackout Wednesday night
A View of Clemson's CFP W
Running back 2018
Commits and Decommits
Clemson losing coach Dan
Discussion: 2017 Recruiti

Old 01-01-2017, 11:56 PM   #1
spareparts
Hole in 1

Male

CockyCash: 1000618
spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material
Default Should the dude who offed Osama Bin Laden gone public?

Just curious. I mean I know he broke some military bro code but for real, shouldn't he be given a break? He shot Osama bin Laden in the face. Bravo dude.

Plus he hasn't been going around seeking anything more than recognition, I don't recall this guy saying he wants his own talk show or something like that.

Now if he was trying to get free food at Denny's and free nights stays at Marriott or something, that would be tacky but I'd even give him all that shit. He peeled UBL's wig back. Probably with one shot but we'll never know.

I know there are some military folks here and I'm just curious if you think he broke the code or if it's OK for him to blast it because he just can't hide that SEAL pride or something.
spareparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 03:54 PM   #2
carolina_corpsman
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
carolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot material
Default Re: Should the dude who offed Osama Bin Laden gone public?

Quote:
Originally Posted by spareparts View Post
Just curious. I mean I know he broke some military bro code but for real, shouldn't he be given a break? He shot Osama bin Laden in the face. Bravo dude.

Plus he hasn't been going around seeking anything more than recognition, I don't recall this guy saying he wants his own talk show or something like that.

Now if he was trying to get free food at Denny's and free nights stays at Marriott or something, that would be tacky but I'd even give him all that shit. He peeled UBL's wig back. Probably with one shot but we'll never know.

I know there are some military folks here and I'm just curious if you think he broke the code or if it's OK for him to blast it because he just can't hide that SEAL pride or something.
He tapped him two or three times to the grape with 5.56, there was not much left of his face.

That being said, I don't think he should have said anything. When I was working at at the clinic that covered DevGru, most of the guys were very humble and while it was clear who were SEALS, they tried to keep a low profile. Not sure why you would want to put a target on you and your families back like he did.

Side note, if you want you can find a full list of attachments and modifications of his particular weapon that he used on that op, so you can build your own "DevGru style" HK416 rifle.

Last edited by carolina_corpsman; 01-02-2017 at 04:21 PM..
carolina_corpsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 04:13 PM   #3
spareparts
Hole in 1

Male

spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_corpsman View Post
He tapped him two or three times to the grape with 5.56, there was not much left of his face.

That being said, I don't think he should have said anything. When I was working at at the clinic that covered DevGru, most of the guys were very humble and while it was clear who were SEALS, they tried to keep a low profile. Not sure why you would want to put a target on you and your families back like he did.

Side note, if you want you can find a full list of attachments and modifications of his particular weapon that he used on that op, so you can build your own "DevGru style" HK416 rifle you can.
I think the base H&K rifle without all the mods costs as much as a trip to Mars
Old 01-02-2017, 04:18 PM   #4
carolina_corpsman
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

carolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by spareparts View Post
I think the base H&K rifle without all the mods costs as much as a trip to Mars
The civilian version is the MR556 ($3,300) and there is a list of about $7500 worth of modifications. About an $11,000 rifle.

Of course, I doubt you can actually buy some of the mod's like the $5,000 ATPIAL laser unless you are active duty or a LEO.
Old 01-02-2017, 05:58 PM   #5
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

CockyCash: 1000062845361251
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Had it been me I don't know if I could have kept that secret forever. I know it is against code, but that's like finding out aliens exist and then not being able to tell anyone.

Vendable Bow Youtube

Vendable Bow Twitter
Gamecocks1137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 06:03 PM   #6
FlorenceCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1220000
FlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot material

He should not have said anything at all if anything for the safety of his family. I never did anything like what those guys did but the few things I am not allowed to talk about due to opsec I will never tell anyone.
Old 01-02-2017, 06:04 PM   #7
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlorenceCock View Post
He should not have said anything at all if anything for the safety of his family. I never did anything like what those guys did but the few things I am not allowed to talk about due to opsec I will never tell anyone.
Not even your wife? Not really healthy to hold stuff in like that.

Vendable Bow Youtube

Vendable Bow Twitter
Old 01-02-2017, 06:06 PM   #8
FlorenceCock
1st Team All-American

Male

FlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks1137 View Post
Dude if I told her everyone in the entire county would know by the end of the day.....
Old 01-02-2017, 06:06 PM   #9
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlorenceCock View Post
Dude if I told her everyone in the entire county would know by the end of the day.....
You have a point.

Vendable Bow Youtube

Vendable Bow Twitter
Old 01-02-2017, 06:06 PM   #10
PFTCommenter
Banned

Male

PFTCommenter is crowing loudlyPFTCommenter is crowing loudlyPFTCommenter is crowing loudlyPFTCommenter is crowing loudlyPFTCommenter is crowing loudlyPFTCommenter is crowing loudlyPFTCommenter is crowing loudlyPFTCommenter is crowing loudlyPFTCommenter is crowing loudlyPFTCommenter is crowing loudlyPFTCommenter is crowing loudly

What's Opsec?
PFTCommenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 06:07 PM   #11
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by PFTCommenter View Post
What's Opsec?
Spec Ops, Special Ops.

Vendable Bow Youtube

Vendable Bow Twitter
Old 01-02-2017, 06:11 PM   #12
GregoryHouse
Pompous Ass Hillbilly

Male

CockyCash: 101731233
GregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by PFTCommenter View Post
What's Opsec?
Operation Security but why do you want to know?

Muschamp believes that recruiting within a five-hour radius of USC, "we can recruit good enough players to win the East every year."
GregoryHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 06:11 PM   #13
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregoryHouse View Post
Operation Security
Ah thought his auto correct kicked in and jumbled his letters up.

Vendable Bow Youtube

Vendable Bow Twitter
Old 01-02-2017, 06:13 PM   #14
rabid cock
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 14198
rabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot material

Quote:
It's like finding out aliens exist and then not being able to tell anyone.
David Vincent has seen them; he knows they are here.
rabid cock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 06:14 PM   #15
PFTCommenter
Banned

Male

PFTCommenter is crowing loudlyPFTCommenter is crowing loudlyPFTCommenter is crowing loudlyPFTCommenter is crowing loudlyPFTCommenter is crowing loudlyPFTCommenter is crowing loudlyPFTCommenter is crowing loudlyPFTCommenter is crowing loudlyPFTCommenter is crowing loudlyPFTCommenter is crowing loudlyPFTCommenter is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregoryHouse View Post
Operation Security but why do you want to know?
Just never heard of it.

And Saw FlorenceCock say it in his response.

Thanks.

Points!
PFTCommenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 06:23 PM   #16
FlorenceCock
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Spec Ops, Special Ops.
Thanks man I got a good laugh out of this. I was never in any type of special operations unit or anything like that. Opsec just like GH said is just what we call operational security in the military. It covers a ton of stuff and just about everyone has to deal with it.
Old 01-02-2017, 08:28 PM   #17
Flameout12
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_corpsman View Post
3 rd burst?
Did UBL actually stick his head out the door like in Zero Dark 30?
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 08:31 PM   #18
spareparts
Hole in 1

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flameout12 View Post
3 rd burst?
We may never know, but my money is on him fighting to the death, so yeah. Open the door, rifle in hand, not knowing where people were, bam.
Old 01-02-2017, 08:35 PM   #19
carolina_corpsman
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flameout12 View Post
3 rd burst?
I have no idea. I don't think they ever actually use a 3 round burst, mostly just semi-auto, it's a lot more accurate.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
Old 01-02-2017, 08:38 PM   #20
carolina_corpsman
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
That's part of the job. I doubt they can, much less want, to tell their spouses about much of what they do.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk