CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
rosstheboss
3MTA3
JerseyBird
Spurticus
WeStillOwnUSC
Master Bedroom
Spurrier_Superior_On
MountainCock
Thenardier
bigdog2003
**USC vs. USC-Upstat (1728)
2001 vs Sandstorm (1281)
Cunningham wants to (699)
Purple drank (474)
Clemson Georgia Game (261)
Horseshoes has been (259)
ESPN article on Clow (230)
Fumble party (197)
1964 World’s Fair (157)
Softball tops Georgi (150)
**USC vs. USC-Upstate GAM
Clemson Georgia Game to b
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!!!!
2015 Warm/Warmer/Favorite
Kelcy and Vic questioned
2001 vs Sandstorm
Cunningham wants to hear
*Official 2014 NHL Stanle
Bianca Cuevas - 2014 WBB
Season Rankings Thread...

Old 09-29-2011, 07:49 PM   #241
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default Re: The Hip Hop Thread (Re-Booted)

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, MORE SONGS LIKE THIS!!!

That beat is serious. Love the sample.

Drink Cocktane!

For the latest in USC coverage, check out:

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 01:45 AM   #242
Cockykevin
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 100200
Cockykevin is USC mascot materialCockykevin is USC mascot materialCockykevin is USC mascot materialCockykevin is USC mascot materialCockykevin is USC mascot materialCockykevin is USC mascot materialCockykevin is USC mascot materialCockykevin is USC mascot materialCockykevin is USC mascot materialCockykevin is USC mascot materialCockykevin is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Cockykevin

Takin shots
Cockykevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 02:18 AM   #243
GTjacket
2009 ACC CHAMPS!

Male

CockyCash: 2706714
GTjacket is USC mascot materialGTjacket is USC mascot materialGTjacket is USC mascot materialGTjacket is USC mascot materialGTjacket is USC mascot materialGTjacket is USC mascot materialGTjacket is USC mascot materialGTjacket is USC mascot materialGTjacket is USC mascot materialGTjacket is USC mascot materialGTjacket is USC mascot material

J Cole is sick...his old stuff is amazing and I'm a huge fan of Sidelinestories...It blows Carter 4 out of the water.

Next album I can't wait for is Drake's.
Old 09-30-2011, 05:52 PM   #244
hellraiser24
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1384
hellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot material

"I can do all things through Him who gives me strength" - Philippians 4:13

hellraiser24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 06:00 PM   #245
hellraiser24
1st Team All-SEC

Male

hellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot material

Tha King killed it on his verse in this track. Seriously, Lil Wayne better put in some work because T.I. is about to take the throne.

Old 10-04-2011, 03:17 PM   #246
hellraiser24
1st Team All-SEC

Male

For some reason I am feel like thumping to old Jeezy. Seriously, the bass goes hard on this track.
Brings back memories of high school.

Old 10-04-2011, 09:40 PM   #247
hellraiser24
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Y'all want to listen to a local rapper? Check this song out, this guy gave me his demo cd 3 years ago. I have pretty good feeling he is in Blood too, haha.

Old 10-05-2011, 12:16 AM   #248
gamecockfan
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 833
gamecockfan has earned his spursgamecockfan has earned his spursgamecockfan has earned his spursgamecockfan has earned his spursgamecockfan has earned his spursgamecockfan has earned his spurs
Send a message via AIM to gamecockfan

Nobody seriously likes the Rap that us students rave too at the football games and all the girls start singing along in 5 points lol. its all club bangers and electronic now. I love the feel. I like upbeat music that you can move to haha
Old 10-05-2011, 04:23 PM   #249
Truly Cocky
Born & Bred

Male

CockyCash: 50500500
Truly Cocky is USC mascot materialTruly Cocky is USC mascot materialTruly Cocky is USC mascot materialTruly Cocky is USC mascot materialTruly Cocky is USC mascot materialTruly Cocky is USC mascot materialTruly Cocky is USC mascot materialTruly Cocky is USC mascot materialTruly Cocky is USC mascot materialTruly Cocky is USC mascot materialTruly Cocky is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecockfan View Post
Nobody seriously likes the Rap that us students rave too at the football games and all the girls start singing along in 5 points lol. its all club bangers and electronic now. I love the feel. I like upbeat music that you can move to haha
It's really a matter of taste.

A lot of us listen to underground because we are the ones who are searching for better music than what is played on the radio. Usually the people who like underground are listeners who love the lyricism in hip hop and the storytelling aspect of it.

There are mainstream artists who are good and who we really like.

We look for creativity, talent, and something that sounds fresh. We don't usually like the same old same old, we want to hear stuff that sounds exciting. That's why we like underground.
Truly Cocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 04:57 PM   #250
Truly Cocky
Born & Bred

Male

Truly Cocky is USC mascot materialTruly Cocky is USC mascot materialTruly Cocky is USC mascot materialTruly Cocky is USC mascot materialTruly Cocky is USC mascot materialTruly Cocky is USC mascot materialTruly Cocky is USC mascot materialTruly Cocky is USC mascot materialTruly Cocky is USC mascot materialTruly Cocky is USC mascot materialTruly Cocky is USC mascot material

New Common titled Blue Sky. Produced by No I.D. Second Single off of The Dreamer, The Believer
Old 10-05-2011, 05:44 PM   #251
hellraiser24
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecockfan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truly Cocky View Post
It's really a matter of taste.

A lot of us listen to underground because we are the ones who are searching for better music than what is played on the radio. Usually the people who like underground are listeners who love the lyricism in hip hop and the storytelling aspect of it.

There are mainstream artists who are good and who we really like.

We look for creativity, talent, and something that sounds fresh. We don't usually like the same old same old, we want to hear stuff that sounds exciting. That's why we like underground.
Wow, you understood him? I couldn't understand what he was talking about

Old 10-06-2011, 05:06 PM   #252
Truly Cocky
Born & Bred

Male

Logic Young Sinatra.

An excellent mixtape......really worth the listen.

Came out in september, but I just got around to listening to it and I'm really really impressed. His lyricism and flow are on point

DL Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?to8debyxj78932a

Here is a taste of his lyrics/flow

Old 10-06-2011, 08:38 PM   #253
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Common's new album is going to be amazing. He is 2 for 2 with singles from that project.

He said, or well hinted, that a collab album with NaS is on the way.

Also I read somewhere that the Ruff Ryders are coming out with a mix tape soon.

Oh, and Black Star is back. They performed a new song on the Colbert Report.

Drink Cocktane!

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
Old 10-07-2011, 10:25 PM   #254
Truly Cocky
Born & Bred

Male

EDIT:

Take Care moved back to november 15th

Nov. 19 concert at the CLA in columbia is cancelled, I don't get to see Kendrick Live.....

Last edited by Truly Cocky; 10-17-2011 at 08:37 PM.
Old 10-11-2011, 10:50 AM   #255
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Not feeling the new Jay Electronica track that he released last night .. It says 'featuring Mobb Deep' but its only Prodigy with a verse (I'm guessing Havoc did the beat) .. But the beat is awful and the fact that Prodigy is saying "throw your diamonds up" (if you know about the beef between Mobb Deep & Jay-Z back in the day) in the chorus .. just, no.

Drink Cocktane!

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
Old 10-11-2011, 12:21 PM   #256
BigRedCock
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1700
BigRedCock rules the CockPitBigRedCock rules the CockPitBigRedCock rules the CockPitBigRedCock rules the CockPitBigRedCock rules the CockPitBigRedCock rules the CockPitBigRedCock rules the CockPitBigRedCock rules the CockPitBigRedCock rules the CockPitBigRedCock rules the CockPitBigRedCock rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
Not feeling the new Jay Electronica track that he released last night .. It says 'featuring Mobb Deep' but its only Prodigy with a verse (I'm guessing Havoc did the beat) .. But the beat is awful and the fact that Prodigy is saying "throw your diamonds up" (if you know about the beef between Mobb Deep & Jay-Z back in the day) in the chorus .. just, no.
Cola....I'm a big jay elec fan. Haven't heard it yet. Can you link it? Thanks
Old 10-11-2011, 10:17 PM   #257
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Here you go ..

Drink Cocktane!

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
Old 10-11-2011, 10:19 PM   #258
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Oh and the Shady 2.0 cypher tonight at the BET awards was ridiculous. Joe Budden absolutely wrecked it. Em came correct as well but Budden stole the show, IMO.

Busta Rhymes destroyed his verse. Reek Da Villan was dope too.

Kendrick Lamar did what was expected.

I haven't heard the MMG or the Estelle and the kid from Lugoff ones yet.

Drink Cocktane!

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
Old 10-11-2011, 10:21 PM   #259
Truly Cocky
Born & Bred

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
Oh and the Shady 2.0 cypher tonight at the BET awards was ridiculous. Joe Budden absolutely wrecked it. Em came correct as well but Budden stole the show, IMO.

Busta Rhymes destroyed his verse. Reek Da Villan was dope too.

Kendrick Lamar did what was expected.

I haven't heard the MMG or the Estelle and the kid from Lugoff ones yet.
I thought KRIT did great as well. The cyphers are really the best thing about the BET awards
Old 10-11-2011, 10:26 PM   #260
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Video of the Shady 2.0 cypher (it'll probably be down soon because BET is 86'ing videos left and right)

Drink Cocktane!

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem