CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
GarnetSwarm1990
Sandstorm29
NinjaSven
kingofnerf
Jim Lahey
Storm Of Spurs
roosterdude21
donbgamecock
Spurticus
So, why is next year (2633)
How Long Will The Re (1761)
Why do so many of yo (1277)
Restaurant musts in (1227)
Schuyler Rimmer 6'10 (915)
Shot in the arm for (912)
Custom Jersey (517)
5 Gourmet Foods That (406)
Abu Bowl Ready (316)
looks like we have 2 (263)
BEST GAMECOCK FOOTBALL PL
The Vent and Coaching cha
Shot in the arm for the D
Nosovitch/bowl/ question.
How Long Will The Rebuild
Why do so many of you guy
5 Gourmet Foods That Used

Old 04-05-2012, 08:13 PM   #1
ib4usc10
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 200
ib4usc10 is learning to peckib4usc10 is learning to peck
Default First Time Going to Masters

I just found out that I am going to the masters tomorrow for the first time. Can anyone on here give me some tips for the day? Also parking? What time to get there? And all that. Thanks a lot. Im pumped.
ib4usc10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 08:42 PM   #2
rolinb1
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1310176
rolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot material
Default Re: First Time Going to Masters

Everything there is inexpensive when you are inside as far as food and drinks so don't worry about that. The shops inside are not crazy price wise. The vendors off grounds are sometimes more expensive than the ones inside. Get to amen corner early it is the most popular place to watch. You will not ever forget this. You have to see it in person to believe the beauty of it. bring what you want inside with you under the rules as far as rain gear etc.. it can change quickly(the weather that is).
Have fun.
Old 04-05-2012, 08:46 PM   #3
bigdawg77
GOOOOO GEORGIA BULLDOGS

Male

CockyCash: 7461220
bigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot material

You can park across the street on Washington or berckmans road for decent If you don't get there in time to park on the grounds I try to get to the Ihop across the street for breakfast by 6:00-6:30
Old 04-05-2012, 09:12 PM   #4
MillerTime843
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1135301
MillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot material

LUCKY B*STARD!!!! Lol
MillerTime843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 09:31 PM   #5
SterlingBrooks
Lock Down Corner

Male

CockyCash: 180386
SterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot material

Go in the back entrance and set up a chair on the 16th hillside(you can see 15,16, and 6 if you get the right spot). Then go get your souveniers (get a flag for sure) and take them back out so you dont have to carry them around all day. Then go buy a Masters chair to carry around with you during the day if you dont want to stand up all day or sit on the ground. Hole 5 is the least crowded hole on the course so its a really nice place to see a bunch of guys come through and see them up close. After that do whatever you want and whenever you want to go to 16 your chair will be saving a spot for you.

Oh yeah and buy beers 4 at a time because lines will get long, all the sandwiches are dank but the two best in my opinion are the pimento and the bbq.
Old 04-05-2012, 09:41 PM   #6
spareparts
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000509
spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material

Have fun dude. Have loads of fun.

Anyway, I just found out I am going windsurfing in Maui tomorrow, my wife said it's totally cool and gave me the Amex card and bought me a box of Padilla Cazadores for the trip. I was wondering what's the best beach resort and place to have drinks at sundown overlooking Kapalua, I only have a $250K limit and I don't want to stay at the Ritz-Carlton if there's something better. Let me know.
spareparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 09:44 PM   #7
nicstockman
Allway’s wright

Male

CockyCash: 30812298
nicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot material

There is free parking off of Berckman. It's a huge lot but I'd suggest getting there around 6:45 or 7:00. If you park there you'll be entering through the rear gate and you'll be at the 6th and 16th hole. Both of these are good holes to sit at. I have this strange feeling 16 is going to be a fun hole tomorrow.

As stated, amen corner is also a good spot but it's also the most popular so it'll be crowded. The best thing to do is either pick a hole and basically sit there all day so you see everyone OR pick a grouping and follow them hole to hole. I try to split these two options through half the day.

Be sure you get a pimiento cheese. It's a Masters must. Food prices are cheap. Anything in the 'gift shops' will be more expensive. If you don't think you'll ever go back and plan on buying several souvenir items you're probably looking at $300 or more (polos start at $65 and go up to $190 for the Bobby Jones collection). I bought a driver head cover ($18), large tervis cup with lid ($19), a visor (visors are all $15), teddy bear for my son ($15).

Good luck trying to get anything signed. Players usually don't sign much once practice days are over. Bring comfortable shoes, sunscreen and bug spray. Cameras and Cell phones are not allowed. Don't even bother trying. You can bring a fold up chair (think tailgating) but it can't have arms on it. They also sell these for $30.

Have fun. It'll be a memory you'll never forget.
Old 04-05-2012, 09:47 PM   #8
nicstockman
Allway’s wright

Male

nicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SterlingBrooks View Post
Go in the back entrance and set up a chair on the 16th hillside(you can see 15,16, and 6 if you get the right spot). Then go get your souveniers (get a flag for sure) and take them back out so you dont have to carry them around all day. Then go buy a Masters chair to carry around with you during the day if you dont want to stand up all day or sit on the ground. Hole 5 is the least crowded hole on the course so its a really nice place to see a bunch of guys come through and see them up close. After that do whatever you want and whenever you want to go to 16 your chair will be saving a spot for you.

Oh yeah and buy beers 4 at a time because lines will get long, all the sandwiches are dank but the two best in my opinion are the pimento and the bbq.
You are only allowed two drinks at a time. BBQ is decent. The white chocolate macadamian cookie is awesome!
Old 04-05-2012, 09:49 PM   #9
SterlingBrooks
Lock Down Corner

Male

CockyCash: 180386
SterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicstockman View Post
You are only allowed two drinks at a time. BBQ is decent. The white chocolate macadamian cookie is awesome!
Did that just change? When I was there in 2010 I remember buying 4 of them two seperate times.
Old 04-05-2012, 10:02 PM   #10
rrsandersjr
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
rrsandersjr has developed his gaff and talonsrrsandersjr has developed his gaff and talonsrrsandersjr has developed his gaff and talonsrrsandersjr has developed his gaff and talonsrrsandersjr has developed his gaff and talonsrrsandersjr has developed his gaff and talonsrrsandersjr has developed his gaff and talonsrrsandersjr has developed his gaff and talonsrrsandersjr has developed his gaff and talonsrrsandersjr has developed his gaff and talonsrrsandersjr has developed his gaff and talons

There's plenty of free parking...you don't have to get there that early...listen to radio 580am or 95.1fm...they give parking and traffic updates along with weather & tournament updates. You can pick up 580 about 50-60 miles away...need to be a little closer for 95.1. I like to go to the practice areas first to get close to the golfers and see how the prepare for their rounds...a lot of golfers in the area making a lot of shots.
rrsandersjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 10:04 PM   #11
nicstockman
Allway’s wright

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by SterlingBrooks View Post
Did that just change? When I was there in 2010 I remember buying 4 of them two seperate times.
Not sure. And you might actually be able to get away within at certain stations but there are definitely signs where you grab the drink that says, "no more than two drinks per person."