CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ucan'tlickourcocks
ColaCock
doubledribble
TAFC 5 1981
Joe
SomertimeCock12
The Octopus
Coulwoodwarlord
ktguen
JerseyBird
Skai Moore out for U (1135)
Troubles in Tigertow (868)
TN game weather (865)
Who is your favorite (743)
Cockaboose Video (522)
Marvel releases movi (338)
Michigan AD Dave Bra (316)
FSU vs. Louisville (242)
Aliens Are Real (223)
Virgin Spaceship Exp (172)
Lattimore to play after S
Perry Dozier Jr. (2015 Pr
Uniforms for Tenn
Wallpaper & Backgroun
2014 Ultimate Tailgate --
Who is your favorite play
We're going to the NCAA T
Interesting quotes from D
SEC Coaches Dress Up for
Have you ever been so wro

Old 11-05-2011, 10:59 PM   #41
bcgibson75
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 500
bcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPit
Default Re: Arkansas VENT thread

Here's the facts:

-Petrino out-coaches Ellis Johnson for 3rd straight year

-Spurrier can't teach or won't coach time management, getting a play in without same ole hesitation.

-Spurrier's 1st half offensive gameplan was crap

-Spurrier's John Hunt love affair shows up again on O-Line..and Elliot can't coach pass blocking with our Tackles

-Poor Shaw is just not a Drop Back Passer...he's a Running Back trying to learn how to play QB...but's he got NO pass blocking off the ends...so I can't rant on him much

-Arky's got better talent, bottom line.

Now I know how it Georgia fans feel...different game, same troubles, nothing gets corrected during the week of practice.
Old 11-05-2011, 10:59 PM   #42
eaddy1847
Gamecock Since 1976

Male

CockyCash: 800
eaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlcocky View Post
No business calling out the D. This was not on them. We are lucky (so lucky) we didn't lose by 21 more. Our offense is anemic. Our special teams suck!

D Line was great but secondary blew big chunks. I am glad Holloman is OK but he was playing terrible before he got injured. Demario was awful.
Old 11-05-2011, 10:59 PM   #43
tmac20031
Walk On

Male

tmac20031 has feathers coming intmac20031 has feathers coming intmac20031 has feathers coming in

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockyandProud View Post
Only one vent thread allowed. Read the rules NOOB.
I posted it at half time!!!!! And I'm not a noob, I just don't post a lot. Some of u guys r just dictators and he didn't like what I said, which was all true. Shaw is not the future of Carolina football, period He is just not good enough.
I was explaining to this recruit and his dad,..a baptist minister, that the Carolina campus is a truly spiritual place without distraction when this co-ed strolls by with this ridiculously undersized shirt that read 'You Cant Lick Our Cocks.'What am I supposed to say after that?" -Steve Spurrier
tmac20031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 11:00 PM   #44
Halltj2
Gamecock

Male

CockyCash: 200
Halltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot material

The problem with our program is the only tradition we have is one of no mother truckin o-line.
Halltj2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 11:01 PM   #45
airborne09
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
airborne09 is making other chickens nervousairborne09 is making other chickens nervousairborne09 is making other chickens nervousairborne09 is making other chickens nervousairborne09 is making other chickens nervousairborne09 is making other chickens nervousairborne09 is making other chickens nervous

our-line is horrific.holy crap.connor got to have a concussion.dude got called for one helmet to helmet but not the second get real.connor can chuck it downfield but it will probably be int.do to the fact he cant see from falling back.
airborne09 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 11:01 PM   #46
lake-cityCOCK89
Starter

Male

lake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPit

back to being the gamecocks. they told us we couldnt and we didnt

WINNING

As easy as playing a Big 10 Team.
lake-cityCOCK89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 11:01 PM   #47
spurrierismyhomeboy
4-Star

CockyCash: 304
spurrierismyhomeboy has earned his spursspurrierismyhomeboy has earned his spursspurrierismyhomeboy has earned his spursspurrierismyhomeboy has earned his spursspurrierismyhomeboy has earned his spursspurrierismyhomeboy has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by a24gmcks View Post
If I was Ellis Johnson, I would be pissed. We lost the game because of our offense and special team
What about those two dropped TDs? Talk about ZERO COVERAGE!!!

spurrierismyhomeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 11:01 PM   #48
adamfalkofske
Walk On

Male

adamfalkofske has hatched from the shell

Anyone else feel like Alshon has been invisible this year compared to last year? What's up with that?
adamfalkofske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 11:01 PM   #49
GamecockDad1531
Two Deep

Male

GamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot material

Spurrier should do us all a favor and step down as oc after the season.

I can't blame Connor Shaw. Dude was under duress 2 secs after ball was snapped all night. Everybody knows our RT can't block, no matter who goes there. So, why not give him some help? I know, I know, it's a novel approach, but we never did anything to move the pocket or chip the right end. Never. No adjustment, nothing.

Dude, I'm tired of having the same conversation over and over. Spurrier, your ****ing offense doesn't work. Hyman, grow some balls and threaten his job.

Have we been recruiting any offensive players for the last 3 years? If we did, it'd be nice if they showed the **** up.

To their credit, they didn't give up. They just got dominated from start to finish.
GamecockDad1531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 11:02 PM   #50
323Bantam
4-Star

Male

323Bantam has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac20031 View Post
I posted it at half time!!!!! And I'm not a noob, I just don't post a lot. Some of u guys r just dictators and he didn't like what I said, which was all true. Shaw is not the future of Carolina football, period He is just not good enough.
You may not be a noob, but you are a BOOB! CS was running for his life! If you give him time he's lights out accurate. Ellis Johnson has no clue what he is doing. Thats a plain hardcore FACT!
323Bantam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 11:02 PM   #51
Carolina4eva
Blue Chip

Male

Carolina4eva is making other chickens nervousCarolina4eva is making other chickens nervousCarolina4eva is making other chickens nervousCarolina4eva is making other chickens nervousCarolina4eva is making other chickens nervousCarolina4eva is making other chickens nervousCarolina4eva is making other chickens nervousCarolina4eva is making other chickens nervous

It can not be said enough. WE ARE A PISS POOR COACHED TEAM, in all phases of the game. All of Spurriers time here and we always end up looking like shit when its time to rise to the challenge. Wilson had a time picking apart out secondary tonight, because Ellis does not know how to make adjustments. Special teams are just HORRIBLE. How year in and year out do we allow huge returns? It cant all be on the players, it comes down to coaching.

Army National Guard
Carolina4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 11:02 PM   #52
kingoftheroost
la-la-la

Male

kingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot material

On the bright side, maybe the team has its mandatory pitiful home and road performances out of the way for the year. Does it not seem like the team always loses at least one game at home and one on the road each year due to horrible play?
Old 11-05-2011, 11:02 PM   #53
BuCockyfan
Two Deep

Male

BuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his comb

Sad thing is, what happens next year? We don't have a great o-line recruiting class. It's just very disheartening to think that nothing will improve next year....ugh.
BuCockyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 11:03 PM   #54
usctiburon03
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 24000
usctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudly

I'm not entirely convinced that Elliot can coach pass blocking anyway. He came from a school that ran zone read crap, which is based mostly off of a running game. Now I don't know everything but it seems that maybe Elliot is not familiar with coaching pass blocking, which is why our pass blocking is a joke and our run blocking is decent at times.
usctiburon03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 11:03 PM   #55
lilhornet
Great to be a Gamecock

Male

CockyCash: 25074528
lilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaddy1847 View Post
WAR EAGLE
No it is WAR DAMN EAGLE lol
lilhornet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 11:03 PM   #56
lake-cityCOCK89
Starter

Male

lake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPit

arkansas took the ball inside the 50 EVERY TIME THEY TOUVHED IT.

WINNING

As easy as playing a Big 10 Team.
lake-cityCOCK89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 11:03 PM   #57
t8erh8er17
Banned

Male

t8erh8er17 is USC mascot materialt8erh8er17 is USC mascot materialt8erh8er17 is USC mascot materialt8erh8er17 is USC mascot materialt8erh8er17 is USC mascot materialt8erh8er17 is USC mascot materialt8erh8er17 is USC mascot materialt8erh8er17 is USC mascot materialt8erh8er17 is USC mascot materialt8erh8er17 is USC mascot materialt8erh8er17 is USC mascot material

Shaw is a good QB but can we win an SEC championship with him? I don't know. We definitely can win if we can't get a decent O line though, that's for sure. I have a feeling that McEvoy is going to be better that Shaw though.
t8erh8er17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 11:03 PM   #58
53fan
Blue Chip

Male

53fan is making other chickens nervous53fan is making other chickens nervous53fan is making other chickens nervous53fan is making other chickens nervous53fan is making other chickens nervous53fan is making other chickens nervous53fan is making other chickens nervous53fan is making other chickens nervous

Not sure Butler will be here next year if a better deal comes along in he off season. I had very high hopes for special teams but we are NO better than we have been in the last 7 years or so.
Not sure OL coach needs to return if a better deal comes along. He said, "I can help this team." We were a little improved last year but this year has been as bad as we have been in a VERY long time. Very disappointed in OL. I really believe our qb and Wr's would look like giant killers if we only had a "decent" OL but it really stinks. If I'm wrong, I'm sure someone will tell me.
53fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 11:04 PM   #59
chickenlips
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 455
chickenlips is making other chickens nervouschickenlips is making other chickens nervouschickenlips is making other chickens nervouschickenlips is making other chickens nervouschickenlips is making other chickens nervouschickenlips is making other chickens nervouschickenlips is making other chickens nervous

Our offense is horrible......Can anyone tell me what the game plan was tonight? We didnt throw down field .....we didnt establish the run.....The play calling was horrific.........im so disgusted. On top of all that....piss poor defense and TURNOVERS..........damn.
chickenlips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 11:04 PM   #60
eaddy1847
Gamecock Since 1976

Male

CockyCash: 800
eaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halltj2 View Post
The problem with our program is the only tradition we have is one of no mother truckin o-line.

We have half a line. TJ and Watkins still played well, but unfortunately we can't keep DEs at bay with the Gibson/Cann combo.