CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Spurrier_Superior_On
18IsTheMan
Order 66
catdaddy66
Clowneygotcha
gadeneer1986
cockyguitar
NinjaSven
GoldenSpur7
eatlighting
Looking ahead to UGA (3091)
My Observations Abou (2755)
Kevin Sumlin Thought (1996)
Gurley lined up to t (1457)
Who else wants to se (1354)
Step back from the l (1326)
Kelcy and Victor Ham (1038)
How far do we fall.. (996)
Shaq Roland (962)
Shon Carson at KR (833)
I Am Ashamed
David Williams??
Confused fan here. Why i
My Observations About USC
Looking ahead to UGA
Should be interesting in
Time to quit crying.
ECU
Tanner McEvoy to start fo
Gurley lined up to take U

Old 12-12-2011, 03:12 AM   #41
TheGarnetBadger
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
TheGarnetBadger has feathers coming inTheGarnetBadger has feathers coming in
Default Re: 2011-12 NBA Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Bleed Garnet View Post
I liked it.

I also liked Grant Hill's.

And I hate Duke
I feel bad for Grant. Dude could have gone down as one of the greatest to ever play the game but his ankles just hate him.

I hope he can still make it into the HOF. If you want to see some great Point Forward stats, check out his numbers for the 95-96 seasons and the 96-97 years. Makes me laugh at people who think LeBron is doing something unique.
TheGarnetBadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 04:52 AM   #42
MillerTime843
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1135301
MillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot material

Well Boston is making some veryyyy dumb decisions so far! Not too happy right now.
MillerTime843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 07:56 AM   #43
gotrice?
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 5600
gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gotrice?

ESPN is reporting that the other LA is getting close to getting CP3 for Kaman, Bledsoe, Aminu, and a 2012 1st rounder. If they can bring back DeAndre Jordan I don't see why they couldn't contend this year with the additions of Butler and CP3. I also love what they did by acquiring both of the athletic freaks from UGA, I get the feeling at least 1 develops into a good player.

Edit: Heard that the 1st round pick they would send would be the unprotected pick from Minnesota so it is a very valuable pick that potentially could be #1 overall in a draft year that should have a franchise caliber player
gotrice? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 08:38 AM   #44
actlikeyoucrow
Blue Chip

Male

actlikeyoucrow is developing his combactlikeyoucrow is developing his combactlikeyoucrow is developing his combactlikeyoucrow is developing his combactlikeyoucrow is developing his combactlikeyoucrow is developing his combactlikeyoucrow is developing his combactlikeyoucrow is developing his combactlikeyoucrow is developing his comb

theyre definitely going to get chris paul to pick up the option for a 2nd year beyond this season if they give up the no.1 pick or eric gordon. the only thing that worries me about the clippers if they pull this off is their history of bad luck and vinny del negro as coach. because with paul, gordon, butler, and griffin, bad coaching is the only thing that could wreck that roster.

if his destination is indeed miami, billups would still be guarding the elite pg's the majority of the time that he's in there, but he provides a lot of versatility. i really like how chalmers played toward the end of the season. you can put him and billups in the backcourt for a small lineup and if you put james or wade on an opposing point guard. you can put billups on a 2 without it being a huge mismatch.
actlikeyoucrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 11:11 AM   #45
Luke Skycocker
Git Dat Baw

Male

2011 Football Pickem: 2011 Football Pickem - Given for: 2011 Football Pickem Champ 
CockyCash: 107687138593
Luke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot material

They're sending Eric Gordon instead of Eric Bledsoe. I really don't know why, because the Hornets wanted Bledsoe over Gordon, but the Clips didn't like it. They'll have Paul to start PG so Bledsoe would just be a backup PG now.
Old 12-12-2011, 11:28 AM   #46
actlikeyoucrow
Blue Chip

Male

actlikeyoucrow is developing his combactlikeyoucrow is developing his combactlikeyoucrow is developing his combactlikeyoucrow is developing his combactlikeyoucrow is developing his combactlikeyoucrow is developing his combactlikeyoucrow is developing his combactlikeyoucrow is developing his combactlikeyoucrow is developing his comb

you sure the hornets wanted bledsoe first? one reason i could see the clippers wanting to get rid of gordon is because he's a bit undersized for a two, but more likely because their owner doesnt intend on giving him a big money extension down the line.
Old 12-12-2011, 11:39 AM   #47
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

The Clippers will be forever cursed.

They could acquire Kareem and MJ in the same year and they'll play like crap

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 12:32 PM   #48
Jamie61190
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
Jamie61190 has developed his gaff and talonsJamie61190 has developed his gaff and talonsJamie61190 has developed his gaff and talonsJamie61190 has developed his gaff and talonsJamie61190 has developed his gaff and talonsJamie61190 has developed his gaff and talonsJamie61190 has developed his gaff and talonsJamie61190 has developed his gaff and talonsJamie61190 has developed his gaff and talonsJamie61190 has developed his gaff and talonsJamie61190 has developed his gaff and talons
Send a message via AIM to Jamie61190

Lakers have to be getting Dwight. No way you would trade Lodom like that unless you are. I also hope we can pick up Billups.
Old 12-12-2011, 01:09 PM   #49
Luke Skycocker
Git Dat Baw

Male

2011 Football Pickem: 2011 Football Pickem - Given for: 2011 Football Pickem Champ 
Luke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by actlikeyoucrow View Post
you sure the hornets wanted bledsoe first? one reason i could see the clippers wanting to get rid of gordon is because he's a bit undersized for a two, but more likely because their owner doesnt intend on giving him a big money extension down the line.

Yea, the Hornets wanted Bledsoe but the Clippers said no and countered with Gordon
Old 12-12-2011, 01:17 PM   #50
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Quote:
Sources say in addition to Bledsoe, league asking for another pick from Minny. Stern is trying to make this impossible.
Chris Broussard

#LukeForMod

Old 12-12-2011, 01:25 PM   #51
Luke Skycocker
Git Dat Baw

Male

Quote:
Chris Broussard
That is just getting ridiculous.
Old 12-12-2011, 01:27 PM   #52
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Skycocker View Post
That is just getting ridiculous.
The League doesn't want to trade him, but he sure as hell isn't going to resign with them.

Just let it go Stern, and just contract the Hornets.

#LukeForMod

Old 12-12-2011, 01:29 PM   #53
Luke Skycocker
Git Dat Baw

Male

Quote:
The League doesn't want to trade him, but he sure as hell isn't going to resign with them.

Just let it go Stern, and just contract the Hornets.

Yep, he's just hurting the Hornets by not letting them get something in return. And the fact that Chris Paul is going to have to answer questions about this every single game, everywhere he goes
Old 12-12-2011, 01:58 PM   #54
TheGarnetBadger
Banned

Male

By the way if you see information from Chris Broussard, chances are he either made it up, or someone else reported on it hours beforehand.

That guy is a joke when it comes to insider/breaking news.
Old 12-12-2011, 03:34 PM   #55
RedSoxGamecock8
South Orange,NJ

Male

CockyCash: 226
RedSoxGamecock8 is crowing loudlyRedSoxGamecock8 is crowing loudlyRedSoxGamecock8 is crowing loudlyRedSoxGamecock8 is crowing loudlyRedSoxGamecock8 is crowing loudlyRedSoxGamecock8 is crowing loudlyRedSoxGamecock8 is crowing loudlyRedSoxGamecock8 is crowing loudlyRedSoxGamecock8 is crowing loudlyRedSoxGamecock8 is crowing loudlyRedSoxGamecock8 is crowing loudly

Quote:
A seemingly imminent Chris Paul trade has collapsed for the second time in five days.
Sources close to the situation told ESPN.com that the league-owned New Orleans Hornets and the Los Angeles Clippers could not complete their proposed Paul trade because the Clippers ultimately decided that the NBA's asking price for the All-Star guard is too high.
http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/s...gh-sources-say
Old 12-12-2011, 04:18 PM   #56
actlikeyoucrow
Blue Chip

Male

if im the clippers im not so sure i wouldnt have made the deal anyway if it just ended up being the 4 players and the lottery pick next year. its overboard, but still youre getting a superstar in return. if the nba truly did want that deal and another 1st round pick in addition then it probably was best to walk away.
Old 12-12-2011, 04:48 PM   #57
jch81
Blue Chip

Male

jch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudly

I think the NBA is working behind the scenes to keep Paul from going anywhere. The thing is, he will just opt out of his contract after this year and sign with whoever he wants anyway
jch81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 05:18 PM   #58
TheGarnetBadger
Banned

Male

The league office is basically trying to rebuild the team into an immediate contender so they can drive up the franchise's value when they sell it.

They need to sell the team to someone who will get them out of New Orleans. Even with a team that wins 45-50 games a year and competes at a relatively high level, their fan support is rather bad. Can only imagine how horrible it will be if they were consistently sub-.500.
Old 12-12-2011, 05:34 PM   #59
Cockykevin
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 100200
Cockykevin is USC mascot materialCockykevin is USC mascot materialCockykevin is USC mascot materialCockykevin is USC mascot materialCockykevin is USC mascot materialCockykevin is USC mascot materialCockykevin is USC mascot materialCockykevin is USC mascot materialCockykevin is USC mascot materialCockykevin is USC mascot materialCockykevin is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Cockykevin

It's all good. D12 to LA NOW!! LEGGO
Cockykevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 05:46 PM   #60
CCtiger91
One of a Kind

Male

CockyCash: 107880
CCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by jch81 View Post
I think the NBA is working behind the scenes to keep Paul from going anywhere. The thing is, he will just opt out of his contract after this year and sign with whoever he wants anyway
Yeah, I'd say its a pretty odd situation. Let the man free.