CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler > Carolina Eats

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
18IsTheMan
Spurrier_Superior_On
Clowneygotcha
gadeneer1986
GoldenSpur7
GH
cockyguitar
trapper82
eatlighting
SouthCGC
My Observations Abou (1971)
Kevin Sumlin Thought (1740)
Looking ahead to UGA (1725)
Step back from the l (1250)
Gurley lined up to t (1163)
Who else wants to se (811)
How far do we fall.. (803)
Shon Carson at KR (728)
Shaq Roland (728)
Kelcy and Victor Ham (725)
Looking ahead to UGA
David Williams??
My Observations About USC
USC/ECU 9/6/20114
USC/Georgia 9/13/2014
Who else wants to see Con
who is the hot woman in t
UFC 177: TJ Dillishaw vs
Tanner McEvoy to start fo
Dylan in the shotgun?

Old 12-29-2011, 11:45 AM   #1
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
CockyCash: 344470
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material
Lightbulb CockyTalk's Open Rib Competition

We're flirting with the idea in the "How Many ..." thread. Who all would be interested in joint a Rib cook off? It'd be an open comp with smoking, grilling, and any other methods. We have classes and then an overall Grand Champion.

If you'd like to post here and what method you'd do.

Im in obviously. bbq

Follow me at One Nine 3 BBQ

cack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 11:55 AM   #2
Tolley
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 63000
Tolley rules the CockPitTolley rules the CockPitTolley rules the CockPitTolley rules the CockPitTolley rules the CockPitTolley rules the CockPitTolley rules the CockPitTolley rules the CockPitTolley rules the CockPitTolley rules the CockPitTolley rules the CockPit
Default Re: CockyTalk's Open Rib Competition

I'll participate. Although I'm not sure how I'll cook yet. I'll have to play around and figure out which style turns out best.
Tolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 12:02 PM   #3
warriorchief
CT's 2x Favorite Tiger

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Favorite Non Gamecock Poster 
CockyCash: 1048000
warriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot material

I can't cook ribs for shit, haha. But I am a food-loving fat guy, so I'll offer to be a judge.

warriorchief is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 12:28 PM   #4
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

Distance would pro'lly rule me out. None of my equipment is really mobile. Chili is easier to do o the run and I have done that both as a competitor and a judge.

#ModForMod
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 12:57 PM   #5
35-21
The Thickened Chicken

Male

CockyCash: 200
35-21 is crowing loudly35-21 is crowing loudly35-21 is crowing loudly35-21 is crowing loudly35-21 is crowing loudly35-21 is crowing loudly35-21 is crowing loudly35-21 is crowing loudly35-21 is crowing loudly35-21 is crowing loudly35-21 is crowing loudly

I'm in. BBQ.
35-21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 01:13 PM   #6
sandstorm2001
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 100700
sandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot material

Can I judge?
Old 12-29-2011, 01:18 PM   #7
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

BTW, I am not a big sauce fan. I want to taste meat, not drink sauce. I don't want "fall of the bone" style ribs either. I want to be able to wave a rib around before biting into its al dente goodness. In pulled pork I want big pieces of meat simply seasoned with a vinegar base sauce, not some mushy mess that is more sauce than meat. In ribs I muchly prefer St. Louis style over baby backs. Better flavor and texture. Here are some ribs ready for eating and a little butt ready for pulling and how I like it pulled.

These little butts are topped with bacon and are just a couple of hours into the low & slow.

This one is close to ready.

This has been pulled into large chunks and sauced lightly. After this glazing it was pulled again, lightly sauced again, and eaten. I do this additional higher heat glazing to help partially defat the meat and to give it a bit of crisp solidness. It can be served sandwich style or on a plate with knife and fork.

#ModForMod
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 05:22 PM   #8
HardRockCock
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 9998250
HardRockCock is USC mascot materialHardRockCock is USC mascot materialHardRockCock is USC mascot materialHardRockCock is USC mascot materialHardRockCock is USC mascot materialHardRockCock is USC mascot materialHardRockCock is USC mascot materialHardRockCock is USC mascot materialHardRockCock is USC mascot materialHardRockCock is USC mascot materialHardRockCock is USC mascot material

Good lookin Q there Yancey, nice job.
HardRockCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 09:16 AM   #9
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material

Where's everybody that was all over this idea yesterday?

Old 12-30-2011, 09:19 AM   #10
USCooper
Banned

Male

USCooper is USC mascot materialUSCooper is USC mascot materialUSCooper is USC mascot materialUSCooper is USC mascot materialUSCooper is USC mascot materialUSCooper is USC mascot materialUSCooper is USC mascot materialUSCooper is USC mascot materialUSCooper is USC mascot materialUSCooper is USC mascot materialUSCooper is USC mascot material

I'm in cack!
USCooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 09:20 AM   #11
USCooper
Banned

Male

USCooper is USC mascot materialUSCooper is USC mascot materialUSCooper is USC mascot materialUSCooper is USC mascot materialUSCooper is USC mascot materialUSCooper is USC mascot materialUSCooper is USC mascot materialUSCooper is USC mascot materialUSCooper is USC mascot materialUSCooper is USC mascot materialUSCooper is USC mascot material

We could do it as an all-day baseball tailgate
USCooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 10:17 AM   #12
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

Sounds good. How will you be cooking ...?

I was actually thinking about that

Old 12-30-2011, 10:44 AM   #13
scgamecox2001
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 700
scgamecox2001 is USC mascot materialscgamecox2001 is USC mascot materialscgamecox2001 is USC mascot materialscgamecox2001 is USC mascot materialscgamecox2001 is USC mascot materialscgamecox2001 is USC mascot materialscgamecox2001 is USC mascot materialscgamecox2001 is USC mascot materialscgamecox2001 is USC mascot materialscgamecox2001 is USC mascot materialscgamecox2001 is USC mascot material

Im in if I'm in town and not working. Just let me know when. Oh, and I will be smoking my ribs.
scgamecox2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 11:20 AM   #14
Tolley
4-Star

Male

Tolley rules the CockPitTolley rules the CockPitTolley rules the CockPitTolley rules the CockPitTolley rules the CockPitTolley rules the CockPitTolley rules the CockPitTolley rules the CockPitTolley rules the CockPitTolley rules the CockPitTolley rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by cack View Post
Where's everybody that was all over this idea yesterday?
Still here, still down. Still thinking bout how I'll cook them.
Old 12-30-2011, 11:25 AM   #15
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

well I was actually meaning those that were in the other thread haha

If we do May-June ... the Baseball Post Season will be going on, so we could do a Saturday cook and keep an eye on how the Yardcocks are doing

Old 12-30-2011, 11:28 AM   #16
COCKDIESEL
Voice of Reason

Male

CWS Baseball Pickem Winner: CWS Baseball Pickem Winner - Given for: Winning the first CWS Pickem Contest 
CockyCash: 53400000
COCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot material

<----- Would be happy to be an impartial or bribed judge.

COCKDIESEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 11:36 AM   #17
rolinb1
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1310176
rolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorchief View Post
I can't cook ribs for shit, haha. But I am a food-loving fat guy, so I'll offer to be a judge.
Best statement of the day...and I wouldn't mind being a judge or maybe an entrant depending on the dates times etc..
Old 12-30-2011, 11:38 AM   #18
eightohhthree
Did you get ahold of 'em?

Male

eightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to eightohhthree

Love smokin some ribs, and I'd be all for it, but I have a logistics problem.
Old 12-30-2011, 11:44 AM   #19
Tolley
4-Star

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by cack View Post
well I was actually meaning those that were in the other thread haha

If we do May-June ... the Baseball Post Season will be going on, so we could do a Saturday cook and keep an eye on how the Yardcocks are doing
Oh. Got ya.

I love the idea of doing it at the ball field. Also, would like to see some more people involved as well. It's not going to much of a competition with only three or four of us.

To those who are contemplating, let me tell you that I'm no pit master and probably won't win, but I'll sure as hell take any excuse I can to eat some good ribs and drink beer. So even if you're just a beginner or weekend griller, come on out and have some fun.

Speaking of pit masters, we should really try and get the finger lickin crew to come out there. Those guys look like they know how to cook some ribs!
Old 12-30-2011, 11:44 AM   #20
rolinb1
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1310176
rolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot material

Nice blog.. some good looking food..

http://onenine3bbq.blogspot.com/