CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
WeStillOwnUSC
COCKYTALKIN
thekob
El Cid Ranger
MountainCock
kingoftheroost
taylorssc
GarnetSwarm1990
USCNowAndForever
I Bleed Garnet
Key for 2015 defense (1119)
Skai Moore out for U (951)
Women's Team Ranked (640)
Lebron makes Clevela (540)
Troubles in Tigertow (527)
SEC Coaches Dress Up (379)
Cockaboose Video (326)
TN game weather (315)
Who is your favorite (247)
Marvel releases movi (160)
Key for 2015 defense
Who is your favorite play
Uniforms for Tenn
TN game weather
Stanley Doughty Needs spi
Perry Dozier Jr. (2015 Pr
Name a Gamecock
We're going to the NCAA T
BLACK OUT!!!!!!!
FSU vs. Louisville

Old 02-06-2012, 12:15 PM   #1
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default 2015 Commitment - Dexter Wideman

Defensive Lineman from Saluda, South Carolina

List interest in USC and Clemson

Rivals Bio

Scout Bio

247 Bio

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 10:41 AM   #2
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default Re: Dexter Wideman Thread (2014 Prospect)

Quote:
Wideman is one of the top recruits in the state - period. This is a nice talent with excellent size (6-4, 275) and the skills to go with it. He claims early offers from Clemson and South Carolina. As a sophomore, he recorded 14 tackles for loss and 13 quarterback pressures. Will anybody be able to block him effectively Saturday?
Link: http://southcarolina.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1349307

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 04-02-2012, 08:38 PM   #3
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Quote:
2014 DT Dexter Wideman of Saluda (SC) says thus far his trip to #Clemson stands out. Has Tigers and #Gamecocks offers
per Keith Niebuhr's Twitter

Old 08-02-2012, 03:16 PM   #4
lchite4
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
lchite4 has developed his gaff and talonslchite4 has developed his gaff and talonslchite4 has developed his gaff and talonslchite4 has developed his gaff and talonslchite4 has developed his gaff and talonslchite4 has developed his gaff and talonslchite4 has developed his gaff and talonslchite4 has developed his gaff and talonslchite4 has developed his gaff and talonslchite4 has developed his gaff and talonslchite4 has developed his gaff and talons

Update on TBS. Anyone care to summarize?
lchite4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 10:26 PM   #5
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Quote:
8/3/2012: Dexter Wideman unofficially visits South Carolina Gamecocks
per 247 Timeline

Old 09-12-2012, 11:29 PM   #6
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Quote:
9/8/12 Dexter Wideman unofficially visits South Carolina Gamecocks.
per 247 Timeline

Old 09-12-2012, 11:49 PM   #7
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
per 247 Timeline
Any news on the visit.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 11:56 PM   #8
PvtWarlick
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1261
PvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot material

coming back for the UAB game
2010 SEC East Champions

Baseball:
2010, 2011 National Champions
4 Time Runner-Up (1975, 77, 2002, 2012)

Basketball
Southern Champions: 1927, 33, 34, 45
1970, 71 ACC Champions
1997 SEC Champions
2005, 06 NIT Champions
PvtWarlick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 06:56 AM   #9
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

That's good news!
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 07:44 AM   #10
MikeTrainNC8
Cock of the Walk

Male

CockyCash: 66034
MikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot material

Really like this guy, has the frame to be a monster dt
Old 09-13-2012, 03:47 PM   #11
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

So he will have been to back to back games at WB. This one will be more special because it's at night with the new video board and the crowd will have nowhere else to go and cooler weather. Does he have any plans on visits to tatertown.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 03:55 PM   #12
Kickerspl80
Too Deep

Male

CockyCash: 10000692
Kickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot material

Hard to believe this thread only has 12 posts. I know hes a 2014 DT but this kid is a must get for next year IMO
Old 09-29-2012, 01:54 PM   #13
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Quote:
Junior DL Dexter Wideman (6-4 267) of Saluda has offers from USC, Clemson and Michigan. He says a lot of other schools are showing interest. "I'm getting letters from so many schools right now," Wideman said. "I don't know where to begin. I'll just say everybody is showing some interest." Wideman named Clemson and USC his top two in no order adding, "I really don't have any real favorites right now. I want to get a lot more offers." He has attended games at the two South Carolina schools. "I was at the Furman game in Clemson," he said. "It was a pretty good game. They had a lot of people there. I saw Carolina play ECU. The defense played well." Wideman says his interest in the Gamecocks started early. "I grew up a Carolina fan," said Wideman. "They always have a good defense and they have great coaches. I've got a good relationship with them." He added how important relationships with his recruiting coordinators are saying, "That;s really what I'm looking for. I've got a real good relationship with coach (Charlie) Harbison up there at Clemson too." Wideman plans to attend the Georgia game at Williams-Brice in two weeks and then is looking to take some visits beyond the state's borders. Through five games he has 42 tackles and six sacks.
Link: http://www.goupstate.com/article/201...820/-1/psports

Old 10-31-2012, 03:42 PM   #14
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Quote:
10/27/2012 Dexter Wideman unofficially visits South Carolina Gamecocks
per 247 Timeline

Old 11-05-2012, 10:21 PM   #15
GDub2001
Banned

Male

GDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPit

Junior DL Dexter Wideman of Saluda has offers from USC, Clemson and Michigan with interest from Alabama, Virginia Tech, LSU and NC State. "I'm getting interest from a lot of schools but those are the ones that seem to be showing the most," said Wideman. His most recent trips have been to USC and Clemson. He was in Clemson for the Virginia Tech game and USC for the Georgia contest. "Both schools are telling me that they like me a lot and that I look good," he said. "They're telling me to keep hitting the books hard." Wideman plans to attend the annual in-state battle up at Clemson. He did not name a leader but says the Tigers and Gamecocks are his top two in no order.

http://www.goupstate.com/article/201...836/-1/PSPORTS
GDub2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:40 PM   #16
Gamecocks321
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Gamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot material

If he was here for the Georgia/USC game, then he had to leave very impressed.
Gamecocks321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:59 AM   #17
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Quote:
Junior DL Dexter Wideman of Saluda will spend his next two Saturday's at Clemson. He's going in this week for the NC State game and next week for the USC game. He has visited USC as well this season and has not visited an out of state school. Michigan also has offered him and he's also getting interest from Alabama, LSU, Virginia Tech, NC State and North Carolina. Wideman grew up a USC fan but says that won't factor into his decision. "They are both recruiting me about the same," he said. Wideman said he talks to recruiters Charlie Harbison of Clemson and GA Mangus of USC on a regular basis. He plans to wait until National Signing Day of 2014 to announce a decision. Wideman has accepted an offer to play in the Under Armour Game after his senior season.
Link: http://www.goupstate.com/article/201...780/-1/PSPORTS

Old 11-23-2012, 12:02 PM   #18
duff18
Blue Chip

Male

duff18 is developing his combduff18 is developing his combduff18 is developing his combduff18 is developing his combduff18 is developing his combduff18 is developing his combduff18 is developing his combduff18 is developing his combduff18 is developing his combduff18 is developing his comb

I've got to think growing up a Gamecock fan counts for something. Ths staff needs to really work this one. He is a critical piece to the next recruiting class.
duff18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 04:54 PM   #19
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Quote:
Recruiting Update- At this stage of the recruiting process (and it's pretty early), in-state schools Clemson and South Carolina have to be considered the teams to beat. Wideman, the No. 103 player in his class, has visited each multiple times this fall. Those two schools have offered, along with Michigan, which he hopes to visit sometime in 2013 just to see if he likes it. According to Wideman, he has built solid relationships with his primary recruiters from both Clemson and South Carolina, and he sees positives with each school. Both programs have made an appearance at Saluda this fall. Look for Wideman to attend the upcoming Clemson-South Carolina game. He said he's a long way off from picking a college.

Prospect Note- More than likely, additional offers are coming. Asked if there was one school in particular he'd like one from, Wideman replied, "Alabama." The Tide currently are showing strong interest.
Link: http://247sports.com/Article/Road-Re...ms-etc--100027

Old 01-31-2013, 09:24 AM   #20
BornCocky'86
Good...Great

Male

CockyCash: 283
BornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPit

Was visited by Lawing and Muschamp at his highschool yesterday.

This is why I hated that Lawing going to Florida. I wish him the best in his personal life but def not as a coach. He'll now be recruiting against us as a coach at a divisional rival.

As if there weren't enough def tackles in Florida, he has to come to our state.

Thanks Coach Lawing!
"I think maybe we should just sit here quietly now and not say anything, and let you just kinda contemplate on the news I just dropped on you, and let me just kinda contemplate on my own pain and sorrows right now."

Kenny Powers
BornCocky'86 is offline   Reply With Quote