CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
gamecock88
Dietz
zcoop
GregoryHouse
Yearofthegamecock
Jdallen20
4gamecockfb
roosterdude21
Badazcock
CockyLifer
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (27771)
ESPN Game Day Commen (2177)
Simple "yes&quo (1530)
We actually didnt lo (1251)
Phil Steele just pre (1221)
what I think ab ward (1004)
Eat Crow (956)
Extremely Proud (891)
Garcia: Change the R (773)
TeMarcus Blanton (720)
We would be 7-1 with just
Stop bashing Dylan
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Extremely Proud
I want people to explain
Nick Marshall
**USC vs. Auburn GAME Thr
what I think ab ward
Defense question
We actually didnt lose

Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2012, 12:09 PM   #1
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default 2014 Signee - D.J. Smith

Quote:
5/3/2012: South Carolina offers D.J. Smith
per 247 Timeline

Scout Bio

247 Bio

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 06-04-2012, 09:20 PM   #2
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default Re: D.J. Smith Thread (2014 Prospect)

Quote:
The class of 2014 was well represented at the camp. Walton defensive back D.J. Smith took home the Top Underclassmen Award. His recruitment took off this spring, as Florida, Georgia, Nebraska and others offered the 5-11, 171-pound standout. “Smith will be one of the most sought after defensive backs in the South,” Simmons said. “He could be a big corner or even grow into a safety. He has a lot of natural ability.”
Link: http://recruiting.scout.com/2/1191737.html

Quote:
All one had to see was Smith’s recovery speed on a deep ball break-up against Robinson to see why the likes of Georgia, Florida and South Carolina have already offered the 6-foot 2014 cornerback.

Smith didn’t participate in many reps. But it was easy to discern whom the most talented defensive back on hand was
Link: http://247sports.com/Article/Top-10-...MVP-Camp-76036

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 06-27-2012, 07:43 PM   #3
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Quote:
Already with offers from the likes of Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Nebraska and others, Smith looked well worth the attention. He has great size and extremely good instincts. Smith can sniff out routes, even on threats he isn’t directly covering, he has the size and strength to outmuscle receivers and he is simply a playmaker out of the defensive backfield.
Quote:
2014 cornerback D.J. Smith has been landing all kinds of elite offers this spring including one from his favorite program of Florida. Smith noted that he has always been a Gators fan and has Florida, Georgia and South Carolina listed as his favorites at this early stage in his recruitment. Smith said that the main priority in his college decision will be the opportunity for early playing time.
Link: http://247sports.com/Article/Big-Man...showdown-78506

Old 06-27-2012, 07:49 PM   #4
DawginCola
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
DawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPit

This kid is the real deal. Great DB prospect. Bama has commitments from two of his teammates (Tyren Jones and Parker McLeod) and from the looks of things they're about to jump in the fray for DJ, as well.
Old 07-25-2012, 12:27 PM   #5
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Quote:
2014 CB DJ Smith of Walton(Ga) said he had a good visit to South Carolina. Spent a "ton of time with Coach Mangus." Goes to Fla next week.

per Rusty Mansell's Twitter

Old 08-06-2012, 10:51 PM   #6
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Quote:
2014 CB D.J. Smith of Walton (Ga.) says #Alabama #Florida & #SouthCarolina even at the top. #Tide hasn't offered yet
per Keith Niebuhr's Twitter

Old 08-25-2012, 08:40 PM   #7
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Quote:
Walton has a 2014 #Gamecock offer on the roster: 2014 DB D.J. Smith. Favors #Gators/#Dawgs/#Gamecocks early.
per Chris Clark's Twitter

Old 12-29-2012, 07:39 PM   #8
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Quote:
Smith was a little slow in the morning practice with a sore toe, but he was back in the afternoon, and he was back in a big way. He is such a talented and versatile athlete and Scout has him ranked as the no. 13 corner in the country right now, but look for him to be a top 10 safety when the rankings are updated. He flashes through the secondary with great speed, he closes on the ball extremely well, and he is going to continue to grow in the coming year. This young man has a lot of natural ability and a lot of upside.
Link: http://recruiting.scout.com/2/1252692.html

Old 02-12-2013, 11:41 PM   #9
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: 2014 - D.J. Smith

Quote:
Rivals.com Southeast analyst Woody Wommack said: "Smith is a guy who loves to compete against the opposition's best wide receiver, a must-have trait for a lockdown corner. At an even 6-feet tall, Smith has good size, allowing him to be physical with bigger wide receivers at the line of scrimmage. He also has good ball skills, allowing him to play both ways in high school and to make plays when the ball is thrown his way as a defensive back."
Link: http://southcarolina.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1471457

Old 02-13-2013, 10:16 PM   #10
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Quote:
DB DJ Smith (6-0 185) of Marietta, GA has offers from USC, Clemson, Tennessee, Georgia, Florida, Ohio State, Michigan and North Carolina among others. His most recent visit was to Clemson for a junior day. "I got a chance to talk to coach (Brent) Venables and coach (Dabo) Swinney," he said. "They're telling me that if I went there, I would have a chance for early playing time." It was his first trip to the Upstate school. "It was pretty good," said Smith. "I thought it was going to be bigger that it was but it's a nice little town. I like it because it's like a family...different than any other school." He visited USC last summer. "I like the campus a lot," he said. "It's different as well. I talked to G.A. Mangus today and he asked me when I'm coming back. I'm going to go in April during spring practice." He will visit Tennessee this weekend and UNC the next. Smith does not have any favorites.
Link: http://www.goupstate.com/article/201...888/-1/PSPORTS

Old 05-06-2013, 09:51 PM   #11
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Quote:
DB DJ Smith of Marietta, GA has offers from Clemson, USC, Georgia, Tennessee, Ohio State, Michigan, North Carolina, Arkansas, Vanderbilt, Ole Miss, Nebraska, Kentucky, Florida, Michigan State and Indiana among others. He plans to visit the Tigers and Gamecocks over the summer. USC assistant coach Grady Brown visited with Smith Thursday. "He told me about what was going on in their secondary and how I would have a chance for early playing time there," said Smith. "He also just gave me some good advice about life." Smith says early playing time is very important in his decision process. "Clemson is pretty much telling me the same thing," he said. "They want me to come back up for a game. I'll definitely be there. I like the campus and the coaches." Both schools are strong with Smith. Other schools to visit Smith have been Ohio State and Georgia Tech. Ohio State is encouraging Smith to visit this summer while Georgia Tech is familiarizing themselves with him. As for other visits this summer, Smith is unsure. He does not have any favorites.
Link: http://www.goupstate.com/article/201...958/-1/PSPORTS

Old 05-14-2013, 10:43 PM   #12
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Quote:
5/9/2013: G.A. Mangus from South Carolina Gamecocks visits D.J. Smith
per 247 Timeline

Old 05-15-2013, 10:09 AM   #13
Ericvol2096
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
Ericvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot material

Been reported that Tennessee leads here, hope we can hold on to that lead. We desperatly need help at the CB position.

Both Clemson and Carolina are huge threats here for TN.
Old 06-03-2013, 02:22 PM   #14
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Visiting Columbia this weekend.
Old 06-03-2013, 03:13 PM   #15
Gamecocks111
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
Gamecocks111 has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericvol2096 View Post
Been reported that Tennessee leads here, hope we can hold on to that lead. We desperatly need help at the CB position.

Both Clemson and Carolina are huge threats here for TN.
Why are we a threat?
Old 06-03-2013, 03:19 PM   #16
Flameout12
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericvol2096 View Post
Been reported that Tennessee leads here....
Oh good luck with that. Reportedly USC led for a number of highly rated guys who got flipped by opposing recruiters and now some fans think our coaches suck.
Old 06-03-2013, 10:48 PM   #17
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Quote:
DB DJ Smith of Marietta, GA will visit USC Saturday. He also plans to visit Clemson this month. He visited USC last summer and was at Clemson for a junior day earlier this year.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...as-a-top-five/

Old 06-03-2013, 11:02 PM   #18
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Eric, UT can't lead for everybody. When you keep saying that, you start to lose all credibility.
Old 06-03-2013, 11:03 PM   #19
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

We could make a big move after his visit.
Old 06-03-2013, 11:11 PM   #20
BornCocky'86
Good...Great

Male

CockyCash: 283
BornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPit

He publicly said Tenn led but I don't think that's where he'll end up
"I think maybe we should just sit here quietly now and not say anything, and let you just kinda contemplate on the news I just dropped on you, and let me just kinda contemplate on my own pain and sorrows right now."

Kenny Powers
Closed Thread