CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler > Carolina Eats

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ConwayGamecock
Regalcock
JerseyBird
Gamecocks1137
thumpin big
smoovecock
markymark550
b381l
The Yancey
CockyGuy
Chattanooga upends N (914)
2014 Junkanoo Jam ** (877)
NEW Pics from South (632)
NCAAF: SOUTH CAROLIN (328)
This Doctor Fell In (278)
Happy Thanksgiving C (213)
Strategy First Steam (129)
Penniless: Creed's S (85)
2014 Junkanoo Jam **USC W
THE Vent and Coaching Cha
Texans getting frustrated
Garcia vs Clemson Tom
Palmetto Bowl
Bowl projections
Carolina/Clemson game dre
Rivalry Thoughts and Pred
Name a Gamecock
Alshon - Bose

Old 06-05-2012, 06:35 PM   #21
FightOnState
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 100200
FightOnState is crowing loudlyFightOnState is crowing loudlyFightOnState is crowing loudlyFightOnState is crowing loudlyFightOnState is crowing loudlyFightOnState is crowing loudlyFightOnState is crowing loudlyFightOnState is crowing loudlyFightOnState is crowing loudlyFightOnState is crowing loudlyFightOnState is crowing loudly
Default Re: Crock Pot Recipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocky0 View Post
Here's one for ya. I call it the crack dip.

Crack Dip
1 lb of Sausage (Any kind will do, but I normally go for the 1 lb tubes of Jimmy Dean)
1 8 oz. package of cream cheese
1 can of Rotel tomatoes and peppers

Brown the sausage in a frying pan, drain and toss into the crock along with the other two ingredients. Set for high and let it cook for a few hours, stirring every half hour or so. Enjoy with tortillas, crackers, or bread.
I can't recall the last time I honestly ate an entire meal my wife cooked. No leftovers and I still wanted more.
FightOnState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 06:53 PM   #22
cocky0
The Slurp

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Fark of the Year Christmas Farking Contest: Christmas Farking Contest - Given for: Winning Farking Contest 
CockyCash: 26100000
cocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to cocky0

Quote:
Originally Posted by FightOnState View Post
I can't recall the last time I honestly ate an entire meal my wife cooked. No leftovers and I still wanted more.
Well I'm glad you liked it. Shit's addictive isn't it?
cocky0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 07:18 PM   #23
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

If you want to try that with a country smoked twist try making it with a pound of sausage from Cracker Barrel.

Order Of The Spur
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 07:27 PM   #24
FightOnState
Banned

Male

FightOnState is crowing loudlyFightOnState is crowing loudlyFightOnState is crowing loudlyFightOnState is crowing loudlyFightOnState is crowing loudlyFightOnState is crowing loudlyFightOnState is crowing loudlyFightOnState is crowing loudlyFightOnState is crowing loudlyFightOnState is crowing loudlyFightOnState is crowing loudly

Quote:
Well I'm glad you liked it. Shit's addictive isn't it?
Yes. My wife said shes calling it the Heart attack.
Old 06-05-2012, 07:28 PM   #25
FightOnState
Banned

Male

We need to keep this thread going though for recipes.
Old 06-05-2012, 07:30 PM   #26
eaglegolf018
#1 Gamecock Braves Fan

Male

CockyCash: 96872
eaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot material

That sausage dip is amazing. Make it in the crock pot for tailgating. Great stuff. Also crock pot Mac and Cheese is off the chain
eaglegolf018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 12:10 PM   #27
MeesterFriendly
I'll be with you shortly

Male

CockyCash: 392030
MeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot material

Crock Pot Mac & Cheese

Ingredients
1 lb. macaroni, cooked and drained (cook for 1/2 the recommended time)
1 Tbs. vegetable oil
1 13 oz. can evaporated milk
1 1/2 C. milk
1 tsp. salt
3 C. shredded cheddar cheese (American cheese melts best)
1/4 C. butter
Directions
Spray crockpot with non-stick spray. Toss macaroni and oil. Add other ingredients. Stir. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours. Stir 2-3 times during cooking time, if possible

OK, I experiment with the cheese, I personally like the Cheddar although it is kind of greasy. Others that are great are Swiss, Gruyere (expensive), and even goat cheese. Use your favorite & you can not go wrong with good ole Velveeta. Also I add a bit of Paprika, just like that flavor.
MeesterFriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 02:46 PM   #28
FightOnState
Banned

Male

Man. I may make more of that Crack Dip tonight and freeze it. I am going to take it with me on boring days like today when its nothing but conference calls.
Old 06-06-2012, 03:05 PM   #29
Frosty
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 600
Frosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPit

Saw the sausage dip in a store being sold as Texas caviar selling for $16 a quart. It can be fairly expensive to make depending on the use of name brand items versus store brand.

Last edited by Frosty; 06-06-2012 at 04:14 PM.
Frosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 08:30 AM   #30
davidmc467
Little Engine That Could

Male

CockyCash: 500
davidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yancey View Post
Best Ever Crockpot Chops

4 pork chops, each about 1/2 inch thick
2 medium onions, chopped
2 celery ribs, chopped
1 large green bell pepper, sliced
1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
1/2 cup ketchup
2 tablespoons cider vinegar
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 beef bouillon cube
2 tablespoons cornstarch
2 tablespoons water

Add all ingredients except water and cornstarch to the crock pot. Cook on LOW for 5 1/2 hours.

Mix cornstarch and water together and stir into crock pot. Cook 30 minutes more.

Serve over rice.
My wife made this yesterday...it was excellent.
davidmc467 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 04:03 PM   #31
FightOnState
Banned

Male

Going to make beef stew tomorrow. Anyone got a homemade recipe to try.
Old 06-16-2012, 04:14 PM   #32
ktguen
2nd Team All-American

Female

CockyCash: 1000400
ktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot material

I always use the crock pot for Buffalo Chicken Dip. Made some for the game tonight. yummmm.
ktguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 06:57 PM   #33
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

Crock Pot Applesauce

Ingredients:

8 medium apples (Use a combination of Golden Delicious, Honey Crisp, Fuji, Gala, etc.)
1 strips of lemon peel - use a vegetable peeler
1 tsp fresh lemon juice
3 inch cinnamon stick
5 tsp light brown sugar (unpacked) - or agave

Directions:

Peel, core, and slice the apples. Place them in the slow cooker. Add the cinnamon stick, lemon peel and brown sugar. Set crock pot to low and cook for 6 hours. Stir apples occasionally, apples will slowly become a delicious applesauce. Remove cinnamon stick and use an immersion blender to blend until smooth or if you prefer a chunky sauce, leave sauce intact.

Makes 3 cups.

Order Of The Spur
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 12:16 PM   #34
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Weather is getting cool, time to bump this thread. Going to try a few of these this Winter

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:54 PM   #35
johnnyb
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Male

CockyCash: 1715674460
johnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot material

found this today, think I am going to try it sometime in the next few weeks, sounds good

Quote:
Italian Cream Cheese Chicken

Chicken breasts
Package of Italian Dressing
Block of cream cheese
Cream of chicken soup
Onion (if you have one, don't need it)

Cream of Mushroom soup (optional)

Cook on low 4-6 hours. The last hour or so pull the chicken out and use a blender stick (or whatever tool) to mix up the sauce well so it is smooth. Put the chicken back in and cook for a little more.

Serve over rice. I like lots of ground pepper on mine. I think it tastes even better the next day after it has been in the fridge.

To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 11:03 PM   #36
johnnyb
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Male

CockyCash: 1715674460
johnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot material

will also be trying this one

Quote:
Slow-Cooker Hearty Beef Stew

Ingredients
5-pounds boneless beef chuck-eye roast , cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
-cup vegetable oil
Salt and pepper
4-onions , chopped fine
1-(6-ounce) can tomato paste
2-cups low-sodium beef or chicken broth
3-tablespoons soy sauce
2-bay leaves
1-pound carrots , peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
1-pound parsnips , peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces (optional)
1-pound red potatoes , scrubbed and cut into 1-inch pieces
1 -teaspoons minced fresh thyme
2-tablespoons Minute tapioca (optional)
2-cups frozen peas , thawed

Directions

1. BROWN MEAT Pat beef dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large skillet over medium-high heat until just smoking. Cook half of beef until well browned all over, about 8 minutes. Transfer to slow-cooker insert and repeat with additional 1 tablespoon oil and remaining beef.

2. BROWN ONIONS Add onions, 1 tablespoon oil, and teaspoon salt to now-empty skillet and cook until browned, 6 to 8 minutes. Add tomato paste and cook, stirring frequently, until paste begins to darken, about 2 minutes. Slowly stir in broth, soy sauce, and bay leaves and bring to boil. Transfer to slow cooker.

3. WRAP VEGETABLES Toss carrots, parsnips, potatoes, remaining oil, teaspoon thyme, teaspoon salt, and teaspoon pepper in large bowl. Place vegetables on one side of large piece of heavy-duty aluminum foil. Fold foil over vegetables to form packet that will fit in slow cooker; crimp edges to seal. Stir tapioca into slow cooker; set vegetable packet on top of beef.
(I dont normally do the foil method, I just allow the beef to cook a few hours before I toss in the carrots and potatos, then cook several more hours, then if need be throw some more carrots and potatos in about 2 hours before it is done, I have had the first ones cook into nothingness before!)

4. SLOW COOK Cover and cook on high until beef is tender, 6 to 7 hours (or cook on low 10 to 11 hours). Discard bay leaves and transfer vegetable packet to bowl. Carefully open packet (watch for steam) and return vegetables and any accumulated juices to slow cooker. Stir in remaining thyme and peas, cover, and let stand until heated through, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Serve.

To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 11:08 PM   #37
Garnet girl
1st Team All-SEC

Female

CockyCash: 500500
Garnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot material
Smile Re: Crock Pot Recipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yancey View Post
Crock Pot Applesauce

Ingredients:

8 medium apples (Use a combination of Golden Delicious, Honey Crisp, Fuji, Gala, etc.)
1 strips of lemon peel - use a vegetable peeler
1 tsp fresh lemon juice
3 inch cinnamon stick
5 tsp light brown sugar (unpacked) - or agave

Directions:

Peel, core, and slice the apples. Place them in the slow cooker. Add the cinnamon stick, lemon peel and brown sugar. Set crock pot to low and cook for 6 hours. Stir apples occasionally, apples will slowly become a delicious applesauce. Remove cinnamon stick and use an immersion blender to blend until smooth or if you prefer a chunky sauce, leave sauce intact.

Makes 3 cups.
I made this tonight. Itbis perfect for fall. We bought apples on Hwy 11 last week.
We eat low fat, so reading the recipes are the only fat I get. I am addicted to Palmetto pimento cheese. I don't buy it or we would eat it.
Garnet girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 03:00 PM   #38
cocky0
The Slurp

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Fark of the Year Christmas Farking Contest: Christmas Farking Contest - Given for: Winning Farking Contest 
cocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot material

That Italian Cream Cheese Chicken sounds like some good stuff.

Anyways here's a very easy one for you folks with a sweet tooth.

Ingredients:
1 can of sweetened condensed milk

Yes that's it.

Now here's what you do: Take the paper label off of the can. Place the can into the crock pot. Add water until it covers the can by an inch or so. (If your crock pot is not big enough, then either get a bigger one, or don't try it.....seriously.) Now just set that sucker to low and come back in 4-6 hours. (Or longer if you want a darker version.) Turn off the crockpot and allow the can to come to room temperature before opening it.

Inside you will discover a rich and sweet caramel-like sauce that is amazing. It's basically an easy way of making Dulce de Leche with some obvious differences for those who've made the real stuff. Either way this sweet little treat will enhance a lot of other desserts.

Drizzle the contents onto ice cream, use it as cake icing, try some with your pancakes, or just eat it by the spoonful.

Enjoy!
Old 10-30-2012, 03:27 PM   #39
uscfsu23
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 500
uscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Here's one for ya. I call it the crack dip.

Crack Dip
1 lb of Sausage (Any kind will do, but I normally go for the 1 lb tubes of Jimmy Dean)
1 8 oz. package of cream cheese
1 can of Rotel tomatoes and peppers

Brown the sausage in a frying pan, drain and toss into the crock along with the other two ingredients. Set for high and let it cook for a few hours, stirring every half hour or so. Enjoy with tortillas, crackers, or bread.
Funny my wife was visiting friends in Tennessee this past weekend and they made this exact dip. It was good enough that she sent me a text while I as at the game to tell me about it.
uscfsu23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 03:43 PM   #40
cocky0
The Slurp

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscfsu23 View Post
Funny my wife was visiting friends in Tennessee this past weekend and they made this exact dip. It was good enough that she sent me a text while I as at the game to tell me about it.

Yeah I got it at a party last Christmas and was amazed at how simple the ingredients were. Now since that time, I've made variations with chorizo, and I've used different types of Rotel. I always prefer the recipe listed above though.