CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler > Carolina Eats

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CockyLifer
Aggie96
Gamecocks1137
jebodiah
b381l
Gamecock in TX
Acockolypse Now
cockycrazy2001
jellafever
Cockypantherfan
Vote for Browns star (3046)
texags (2553)
Shaw Lighting Up Bro (2219)
2016 Commitment - Ja (1807)
Preparing for the sm (1436)
Connor Shaw intervie (876)
Gameday Garnet Polo (717)
Aggie Statistics (688)
Clowney (688)
They are coming to y (488)
Aggie Statistics
They are coming to your c
What would be your defini
texags
Vote for Browns starting
QB Kenny Hill named start
Gameday Garnet Polo
Preparing for the smash r
Clowney
Connor Shaw interviewed a

Old 07-10-2012, 01:02 PM   #41
MBGCock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1110145
MBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot material
Default Re: Bartending Thread

Best drink ever.
MBGCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 01:04 PM   #42
MeesterFriendly
I'll be with you shortly

Male

CockyCash: 392030
MeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot material

Not really a mixed drink, but have any of ya'll chased a beer with Rumplemintz. If you haven't then you need to, seriously good stuff.
MeesterFriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 01:13 PM   #43
hellraiser24
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1384
hellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by keegthecock View Post
Not really a mixed drink, but have any of ya'll chased a beer with Rumplemintz. If you haven't then you need to, seriously good stuff.
You know a man is likely gay when he orders a Rumplemintz shot at a bar. Not saying all guys that order this are, but the frequent buyers of this shot usually are homosexual. I guess they like it because it is strong and minty. - and before the jokes start-up, this is pretty common knowledge.

That being said, why would you even need to chase a beer in the first place?
"I can do all things through Him who gives me strength" - Philippians 4:13

hellraiser24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 01:17 PM   #44
hellraiser24
1st Team All-SEC

Male

hellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBGCock View Post
Best drink ever.
I am going to have to try that this weekend. I have developed a beer allergy recently and there are only certain types of beer I can drink now (I find out through trial and error, my face gets very red if it is a beer I am allergic to), and Modelo especial is a safe beer for me to drink. Which works out well because I like them and Publick House sells them for $2.75.

Anyways, what is that between the worcestershire sauce and pepper, and behind the Modelo?

Old 07-10-2012, 01:19 PM   #45
MeesterFriendly
I'll be with you shortly

Male

MeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellraiser24 View Post
You know a man is likely gay when he orders a Rumplemintz shot at a bar. Not saying all guys that order this are, but the frequent buyers of this shot usually are homosexual. - and before the jokes start-up, I know this because I go out. It is a fairly common thing.

That being said, why would you even need to chase a beer in the first place?
We keep Rumplemintz around the house, usually drink it around Christmas (keep it in the freezer)- My Dad of all people introduced me to it & you take the shot then follow it up with the Beer, it feels like it takes the temp of the beer to below freezing & is very smooth. I have enough self confidence to order a shot in public, don't think many folks would think I am Gay.
Old 07-10-2012, 01:20 PM   #46
MeesterFriendly
I'll be with you shortly

Male

Quote:
I am going to have to try that this weekend. I have developed a beer allergy recently and there are only certain types of beer I can drink now (I find out through trial and error, my face gets very red if it is a beer I am allergic to), and Modelo especial is a safe beer for me to drink. Which works out well because I like them and Publick House sells them for $2.75.

Anyways, what is that between the worcestershire sauce and pepper, and behind the Modelo?
OK man, seriously you give me a hard time then have to add all that stuff to a beer????? Come on dude.
Old 07-10-2012, 01:31 PM   #47
hellraiser24
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by keegthecock View Post
OK man, seriously you give me a hard time then have to add all that stuff to a beer????? Come on dude.
Wasn't trying to give you a hard time. Just telling you in case you didn't know. I wasn't calling you gay and I don't have a problem with people who are. One of my roommates at my last house is, and I have a few friends who are gay.

Sorry that you took it the wrong way. (no pun intended, haha)

Old 07-10-2012, 01:33 PM   #48
MeesterFriendly
I'll be with you shortly

Male

Quote:
Wasn't trying to give you a hard time. Just telling you in case you didn't know. I wasn't calling you gay and I don't have a problem with people who are. One of my roommates at my last house is, and I have a few friends who are gay.

Sorry that you took it the wrong way. (no pun intended, haha)
No Problem- You do need to try it though.
Old 07-10-2012, 01:40 PM   #49
MBGCock
Banned

Male

MBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot material

Quote:

Not sure but I've only used everyother ingredient around it. Still will taste the same.
Old 07-10-2012, 01:45 PM   #50
captruss24
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
captruss24 is learning to peckcaptruss24 is learning to peck

My go-to summer time mixed drink is a Dark & Stormy.

1 oz Black Seal Rum
4 oz Gosling's Ginger Beer
muddled lime

The key is to use Gosling's or Barritt's ginger beer. Domestic craft ginger beers don't have the same taste as Gosling's, and don't mesh well with the black rum. Likewise with ginger ale.

If you love Crown & Ginger, as I do, you will really love a Dark & Stormy.
captruss24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 11:06 PM   #51
LimpCock
Blackout

Male

CockyCash: 13758453
LimpCock rules the CockPitLimpCock rules the CockPitLimpCock rules the CockPitLimpCock rules the CockPitLimpCock rules the CockPitLimpCock rules the CockPitLimpCock rules the CockPitLimpCock rules the CockPitLimpCock rules the CockPitLimpCock rules the CockPitLimpCock rules the CockPit

1 oz liquor
1 part roofie
i call it a pannies dropper

LimpCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 11:20 PM   #52
Cocknfire55
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 244
Cocknfire55 is USC mascot materialCocknfire55 is USC mascot materialCocknfire55 is USC mascot materialCocknfire55 is USC mascot materialCocknfire55 is USC mascot materialCocknfire55 is USC mascot materialCocknfire55 is USC mascot materialCocknfire55 is USC mascot materialCocknfire55 is USC mascot materialCocknfire55 is USC mascot materialCocknfire55 is USC mascot material

My favorite drink in college:

Take one Dixie cup, fill halfway with Evan Williams (or substitute cheap bourbon of choice) and fill the rest of the cup with coke (or substitute cheap version of coke)

Drink and repeat...many times. Oh and add in country music and tobacco product of choice.
Cocknfire55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 11:26 PM   #53
LimpCock
Blackout

Male

CockyCash: 13758453
LimpCock rules the CockPitLimpCock rules the CockPitLimpCock rules the CockPitLimpCock rules the CockPitLimpCock rules the CockPitLimpCock rules the CockPitLimpCock rules the CockPitLimpCock rules the CockPitLimpCock rules the CockPitLimpCock rules the CockPitLimpCock rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocknfire55 View Post
My favorite drink in college:

Take one Dixie cup, fill halfway with Evan Williams (or substitute cheap bourbon of choice) and fill the rest of the cup with coke (or substitute cheap version of coke)

Drink and repeat...many times. Oh and add in country music and tobacco product of choice.
definitely agree with this

LimpCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 11:28 PM   #54
GamecockUltimate
BIGGER. STRONGER.LONGER

Male

CockyCash: 219000
GamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockUltimate View Post
High Roller

Dry Ginger Ale (blenheims is best, canada dry is suffice)
Bourbon of your choice (fighting cock for me, or jack)

mix 1 to 1 ratio.

put in like a lime wedge or lemon wedge to add a little mroe flavor.
I know mine doesn't sound that great, but i like my drinks strong, in fact it is a good substitute for you bourbon and coke drinkers when you want something a little different. I didn't used to make it that strong and you don't have to, but i was at a tournament and a little bartendress made it that strong...i was very happy.

for willy
GamecockUltimate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 11:55 PM   #55
Cocknfire55
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 244
Cocknfire55 is USC mascot materialCocknfire55 is USC mascot materialCocknfire55 is USC mascot materialCocknfire55 is USC mascot materialCocknfire55 is USC mascot materialCocknfire55 is USC mascot materialCocknfire55 is USC mascot materialCocknfire55 is USC mascot materialCocknfire55 is USC mascot materialCocknfire55 is USC mascot materialCocknfire55 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockUltimate View Post
I know mine doesn't sound that great, but i like my drinks strong, in fact it is a good substitute for you bourbon and coke drinkers when you want something a little different. I didn't used to make it that strong and you don't have to, but i was at a tournament and a little bartendress made it that strong...i was very happy.

Sounds like a damn good drink. Thanks for the suggestion
Cocknfire55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 12:17 PM   #56
ColaCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 800
ColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloydTheBarber View Post
personally- thats too sweet for my taste.

if i'm drinking liquor, its just bourbon or whiskey.

car bombs are typically what i go for shots, the breakfast shot was for the sake of others in this thread.
To be totally honest, I drink Diet Coke & Bourbon but didn't want to sound like a little bitch. Anyhow, it creates more of a crisp carbonated taste rather than the syrupy sweet taste from Coke.

Also, I don't buy high quality bourbon to where I would drink it straight. I usually go for Evan Williams (but I honestly like it).

ColaCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 12:29 PM   #57
hellraiser24
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColaCock View Post
To be totally honest, I drink Diet Coke & Bourbon but didn't want to sound like a little bitch. Anyhow, it creates more of a crisp carbonated taste rather than the syrupy sweet taste from Coke.

Also, I don't buy high quality bourbon to where I would drink it straight. I usually go for Evan Williams (but I honestly like it).
I stay away from diet soda mixers. There have been studies done that suggests that alcohol and aspartame mixed together are bad for your body. Aspartame is the artificial sweetener found in diet sodas. I can't remember exactly what it does, but I believe it has something to do with damaging your liver more quickly.

EDIT: I tried looking for what it does, and didn't have much luck. However, I did find that diet sodas mixed with alcohol cause you to be inebriated quicker.
Link

Also, I don't know how you can drink Evan Williams. That stuff kicks my butt everytime I drink it.

Last edited by hellraiser24; 07-12-2012 at 12:40 PM.
Old 07-12-2012, 12:47 PM   #58
LBC
2nd Team All-American

Male

LBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot material

Orange Crush

Vodka...Pour it like you like yours poured...orange flavored Vodka is a good idea but what ever floats your boat

Couple of splashes of Cointreau...can use regular triple sec as well

The juice of one freshly squeezed orange...OJ in a bottle works but fresh is always better and it's about the right amount

Fill rest of glass with 7-UP (I prefer diet)

*crushed or pellet ice when ever possible

FYI...If females are involved...and these females enjoy a few drinks...these things are money.
LBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 04:34 PM   #59
captruss24
Banned

Male

captruss24 is learning to peckcaptruss24 is learning to peck

There's two kinds of bourbons in the world: bourbon you sip, and bourbon you slam. I absolutely love Elijah Craig 18 and Eagle Rare, but rarely make more than 2 drinks at a time. Maker's 46 and Knob Creek are my go-to bourbons when I want to pound a few drinks straight up and not feel guilty. IMO mixing bourbon with a carbonated beverage does it a disservice, which is why I don't mind wasting something like Crown Royal (although its blended whiskey) with a Ginger Ale or Coke. Not saying all mixed drinks are bad....just not my preference with bourbon.
captruss24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 04:39 PM   #60
MBGCock
Banned

Male

Quote:
I stay away from diet soda mixers. There have been studies done that suggests that alcohol and aspartame mixed together are bad for your body. Aspartame is the artificial sweetener found in diet sodas. I can't remember exactly what it does, but I believe it has something to do with damaging your liver more quickly.

EDIT: I tried looking for what it does, and didn't have much luck. However, I did find that diet sodas mixed with alcohol cause you to be inebriated quicker.
Link

Also, I don't know how you can drink Evan Williams. That stuff kicks my butt everytime I drink it.
Did you try the michelada?