CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
Master Bedroom
MountainCock
ReadR00ster
smoovecock
RGHoskins
COCKYTALKIN
The Yancey
Kaka
donbgamecock
The Gator Bowl wants (1731)
Why I'm hopeful abou (1476)
USC will upset Aubur (1275)
A simple defensive l (1083)
In-state QB talent (1072)
In-state QB talent (968)
Which loss hurt wors (687)
Texas athletic direc (669)
USC Picked 12th By S (451)
Ranking the SEC Foot (438)
Ranking the SEC Football
Why I think we beat Aubur
USC will upset Auburn; Wh
SEC Debate: Best candidat
The Gator Bowl wants us!
Rank the QBs under Spurri
South Carolina women's go
Fight, win, kick a-- addi
BA ranks recruiting class
Tennessee game

Old 08-06-2012, 01:02 PM   #1
GapoGamecock51
I Put Threadz 2 Sleep

Male

CockyCash: 24873509
GapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to GapoGamecock51 Send a message via Yahoo to GapoGamecock51
Default Garnet colored 550 Paracord?

I sell stuff at a flea market and one of the things me and my wife sell is jewelry. I am interested in expanding our product to include 550 paracord bracelets, so that the guys that scope out the jewelry on their way by my table might be encouraged to buy a paracord bracelet from me and the wife. My thing is I want to make Carolina and Clemson colored paracord bracelets, but can't find a true garnet or something close to it to use in making the bracelets. Does anyone know of a good place to get the garnet colored paracord?

Gapo
Old 08-06-2012, 01:06 PM   #2
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material
Default Re: Garnet colored 550 Paracord?

This place says that they have an "acid garnet." http://www.parachute-cord.com/

Order Of The Spur
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 02:31 PM   #3
GapoGamecock51
I Put Threadz 2 Sleep

Male

CockyCash: 24873509
GapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to GapoGamecock51 Send a message via Yahoo to GapoGamecock51

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yancey View Post
This place says that they have an "acid garnet." http://www.parachute-cord.com/

Maybe I am missing it, but I didn't see it. I actually checked out that website before asking in this thread.

Gapo
Old 08-06-2012, 02:33 PM   #4
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

Under the examples:

Quote:
Other colors available:
yellow, acid goldenrod, acid electric blue, acid brown-gold, neon pink, acid walnut, acid might blue, acid garnet, foliage green, neon turquoise, colonial blue, acid emerald green, dark green, acid burgundy, acid dark brown, acid imperial red More

Order Of The Spur
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 02:57 PM   #5
thekob
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 100700
thekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot material

you could also get white and dye it using RIT dye....I did the same with nylon strings for lacrosse sticks. It also dyes lacrosse heads which are made of solid plastic so I wouldn't think that it would be a problem. The only thing you have to do is experiment before you do a whole batch. Also for more intense color you should probably add more dye than it calls for, and since it'll be worn you'd probably want to rinse it a few times prior to making the bracelets (and especially selling them). Best of luck!
thekob is offline   Reply With Quote